Recent User Reviews
1) There is NO WAY (in other words, utterly and completely impossible) that there is going to be ANYTHING even remotely resembling "romance" between and Elf-Maid and a Dwarf. Whoever wrote this Turiel and Kili stuff is an absolute IDIOT.
2) We already have one Orc general baddie. We don't need to invent another one.
3) Turiel. Totally uneccessary distraction. Inventing superflous characters to give little girls something to identify with is bad film making.
4) The entire battle scene under the mountain between Smaug and the Dwarves was completely ridiculous and literally unbelievable. Nothing even remotely similar happened in the book. But if you MUST invent an entirely unneccesary scene then at least make it believable. Yeah right they on the spot figured out a way to trick Smaug into smelting gold for them, and channeled it into a mold and put him in position to get covered in the melted gold when the mold bursts. Just plain stupid.
5) WE DON'T NEED EXTRA LONG MOVIES PADDED WITH EXTRANEOUS NONSENSE. OK, fine, make 3 movies out of it since you want to milk the property for everyting you can. 90 minutes each is long enough. Sitting through endless poorly conceived subplots does not make the movies better. Just longer.
Unbelievable.… Full Review »
this film was not very good. i like the actors and respect their abilities but this film left me wanting. The director was going for art house dramatic but ended up with long and drawn out. i'm my mind you cant draw out a movie that blunt because the fact is, its blunt and to the point.… Full Review »
I'm in shock that this movie is getting such good reviews. I was a fan of the first one, and I love all the actors involved. This movie really wasn't that funny. So many of the scenes fall flat and so many of the jokes are stale. I was surprised by how boring this movie actually was. There are sections of the movie that drag on for so long, I couldn't wait to get the hell out of the theater. I think our standards for comedies have absolutely plummeted in the past 3-4 years. The jokes have no substance, they're cheap and stupid. What's actually funny about the movie is that it really has a strong message regarding the history of media in our country and how things have changed. Unfortunately, it seemed pretty clear to me that the message of the movie was going way over the heads of many of the morons in the theater I saw it in. I chucked once or twice, which is just unacceptable, this movie sucked.… Full Review »
Prisoners was an amazing movie! The cinematography, the direction, the performances by Gyllenhaal and Jackman were among the best I've seen in recent years. The writing was also great. I cannot believe how criminally under-rated this movie is. It is a long movie so it's possible that people lost attention. But wow, I was touched by this movie, and I would recommend it to anyone.… Full Review »