Metacritic Features and Reports: Games

  1. Best of March 2017: Top Albums, Games, Movies & TV

    Best of March 2017: Top Albums, Games, Movies & TV Image
    Published: March 31, 2017
    We rank the best new releases of March 2017 in games, movies, music, and TV.
  2. The All-Time Best Games on Every Platform

    The All-Time Best Games on Every Platform Image
    Published: March 28, 2017
    Find the highest-scoring games exclusive to every platform, from the new Nintendo Switch all the way back to the Sega Genesis.
  3. Every Legend of Zelda Game, Ranked

    Every Legend of Zelda Game, Ranked Image
    Published: March 7, 2017
    The new Breath of the Wild is great, but how does it compare to past Zelda releases? We rank all 18 Legend of Zelda games from worst to best.
  4. Hardware Review: Nintendo Switch

    Hardware Review: Nintendo Switch Image
    Published: March 1, 2017
    Find out what game critics are saying about Nintendo's new Switch gaming platform prior to its March 3rd release.
  5. Metacritic's 7th Annual Game Publisher Rankings

    Metacritic's 7th Annual Game Publisher Rankings Image
    Published: February 13, 2017
    We reveal the past year's best and worst videogame publishers (based on 2016 releases) in our 7th annual Game Publisher Rankings.
  6. Most Anticipated Video Games of 2017, Part 2: New IP and Indie Releases

    Most Anticipated Video Games of 2017, Part 2: New IP and Indie Releases Image
    Published: January 19, 2017
    We wrap up our annual games preview with a look at 2017's most promising original titles.
  7. Most Anticipated Video Games of 2017: Sequels, Remakes and Adaptations

    Most Anticipated Video Games of 2017: Sequels, Remakes and Adaptations Image
    Published: January 18, 2017
    In part 1 of our 2017 preview, we look at the 20 most-anticipated videogame sequels and remakes of the year ahead.
  8. Metacritic Users Pick the Best of 2016

    Metacritic Users Pick the Best of 2016 Image
    Published: January 5, 2017
    The results of our 7th annual user poll are in! Find out which albums, movies, TV shows, and games were the favorites of the Metacritic community in 2016.
  9. The 20 Best iPhone/iPad Games of 2016

    The 20 Best iPhone/iPad Games of 2016 Image
    Published: December 21, 2016
    We rank the highest-scoring iOS games released during 2016.
  10. The Best Videogames of 2016

    The Best Videogames of 2016 Image
    Published: December 20, 2016
    We reveal the best and worst games for each platform in 2016.
Follow Metacritic on

What Our Users Are Talking About

  1. /feature/film-critics-list-the-top-10-movies-of-2017 Image
    Best of 2017: Film Critic Top Ten Lists
    December 5, 2017 - 21 comments
    1. ptonyh : @VoppySmitz Thank you for your reply. Yes, I think the 90s were a great decade for movies. I loved Hell or High... Read »
    2. VoppySmitz : @zaimin92 ok cool i'll check it out on some bright and sunny day so I don't get scared LOL. and yes star wars is... Read »
    3. zaimin92 : @VoppySmitz You should watch It Follows. Hands down the best horror film in the past 10 years. Just like Get Out, the... Read »
  2. /feature/critics-pick-top-10-best-albums-of-2017 Image
    Best of 2017: Music Critic Top Ten Lists
    November 27, 2017 - 16 comments
    1. LordMark : I'm really glad to see that Slowdive's self-titled 4th album is getting lots of love. It's definitely my choice for... Read »
    2. jayydee92 : Now, now, just because you're upset doesn't mean you have to try to spoil the series for others. You're also... Read »
    3. VoppySmitz : The 2% that left in season 1 were in an alternate reality where the other 98% had left. Nora goes through some goo... Read »
    4. VoppySmitz : How many noms did Leftovers get again? Oh that's right...goose egg. Great show to watch if you wanna be lulled to... Read »
    5. VoppySmitz : @jayydee92 I think you're just mad because you like that awful show Leftovers, and the critics agree with me. My... Read »
    6. jayydee92 : Voppy, not only do you have awful taste, but your elitist attitude about said opinions makes it all the worse. It's... Read »
  3. /feature/major-upcoming-video-game-release-dates-xbox-ps4-pc-switch Image
    Notable Video Game Releases: New and Upcoming
    December 11, 2017 - 9 comments
    1. shubhamc2211 : Wow really awesome games man! I loved this article. Check out my blog too on www.legittechinfo.com Read »