Metacritic Features and Reports: Games

  1. The Most Anticipated Video Games of 2015

    The Most Anticipated Video Games of 2015 Image
    Published: January 14, 2015
    We look at the coming year's most noteworthy planned releases, from new properties like No Man's Sky and Evolve to highly anticipated sequels such as Batman: Arkham Knight, Halo 5, Uncharted 4, The Witcher 3, and a new Legend of Zelda release.
  2. Metacritic Users Pick the Best of 2014

    Metacritic Users Pick the Best of 2014 Image
    Published: January 7, 2015
    The results are in! Find out which video games, movies, TV shows, albums, and songs were the favorites among Metacritic users in 2014.
  3. The Best Videogames of 2014

    The Best Videogames of 2014 Image
    Published: December 22, 2014
    We reveal the best and worst games for each platform in 2014.
  4. The Best iPhone and iPad Games of 2014

    The Best iPhone and iPad Games of 2014 Image
    Published: December 17, 2014
    Inside, we rank the 25 best-reviewed iOS games of the year.
  5. Metacritic User Poll: Vote for the Best of 2014!

    Metacritic User Poll: Vote for the Best of 2014! Image
    Published: December 15, 2014
    Make your picks for the best movies, albums, songs, video games, and TV shows of 2014. We'll tally the results to come up with a Metacritic user consensus in early January.
  6. Best of November 2014: Top Albums, Games, Movies & TV

    Best of November 2014: Top Albums, Games, Movies & TV Image
    Published: November 30, 2014
    Browse our handy guide to the best entertainment of the past month, with lists of the highest-scoring video games, TV shows, albums, and films released during November.
  7. Best of October 2014: Top Albums, Games, Movies & TV

    Best of October 2014: Top Albums, Games, Movies & TV Image
    Published: October 31, 2014
    Browse our quick guide to the best entertainment of the past month, with lists of the highest-scoring video games, TV shows, albums, and films released during October.
  8. 10 Best iPhone/iPad Games for October 2014

    10 Best iPhone/iPad Games for October 2014 Image
    Published: October 30, 2014
    Check out the 10 best iOS gaming apps released over the past month, including Banner Saga, Galaxy Trucker, Skylanders Trap Team, and more.
  9. Best of September 2014: Top Albums, Games, Movies & TV

    Best of September 2014: Top Albums, Games, Movies & TV Image
    Published: September 30, 2014
    Browse our quick guide to the best entertainment of the past month, with lists of the highest-scoring video games, TV shows, albums, and films released during September.
  10. 10 Best iPhone/iPad Games for September 2014

    10 Best iPhone/iPad Games for September 2014 Image
    Published: September 30, 2014
    Check out the 10 best iOS gaming apps released over the past month, including Mikey Boots, Valiant Hearts: The Great War, and more.
Follow Metacritic on

What Our Users Are Talking About

  1. /feature/film-critics-list-the-top-10-movies-of-2017 Image
    Best of 2017: Film Critic Top Ten Lists
    December 5, 2017 - 21 comments
    1. ptonyh : @VoppySmitz Thank you for your reply. Yes, I think the 90s were a great decade for movies. I loved Hell or High... Read »
  2. /feature/critics-pick-the-top-10-best-tv-shows-of-2017 Image
    Best of 2017: Television Critic Top Ten Lists
    December 4, 2017 - 18 comments
    1. Alienware : Isn't that a little too much "weight" given to a single site? I'm talking about AV Club getting 10 or so lists in. Read »
  3. /feature/critics-pick-top-10-best-albums-of-2017 Image
    Best of 2017: Music Critic Top Ten Lists
    November 27, 2017 - 18 comments
    1. VoppySmitz : @lordmark That slowdive album is really growing on me, like any great album should. Listening as I type. Read »
    2. VoppySmitz : @jayydee92 SAG awards came out, zero nominations....zip...nada...wah wah.... If the golden globes and sag aren't... Read »
    3. LordMark : I'm really glad to see that Slowdive's self-titled 4th album is getting lots of love. It's definitely my choice for... Read »
    4. jayydee92 : Now, now, just because you're upset doesn't mean you have to try to spoil the series for others. You're also... Read »
    5. VoppySmitz : The 2% that left in season 1 were in an alternate reality where the other 98% had left. Nora goes through some goo... Read »
    6. VoppySmitz : How many noms did Leftovers get again? Oh that's right...goose egg. Great show to watch if you wanna be lulled to... Read »
    7. VoppySmitz : @jayydee92 I think you're just mad because you like that awful show Leftovers, and the critics agree with me. My... Read »
    8. jayydee92 : Voppy, not only do you have awful taste, but your elitist attitude about said opinions makes it all the worse. It's... Read »