7.2

1. Nov 21, 2012
    It's a great game, amazing graphics, amazing story and overall an adventure you shouldn't let it pass, even if you don't really like the series. I'd buy a 3DS/DS for this title alone...
  2. Nov 20, 2012
    Amazing, for fans or retro gamers, with that being said, this game takes you to a whimsical and weird yet amazing adventure, just like the series, fans of it can't go wrong with it, even people who dislike the series must give it a try.
  3. Nov 21, 2012
    Whether you are a fan of the series or not, Adventure Time will not let you down. Sharply written dialogue and cleverly laid out quests are the draw here. Adventure Time follows the lead of the retro games that it wears on its sleeve, which is a very good thing. I enjoyed the sense of progression, as well as the brisk pace that the game moves at; you're whisked away from zone to zone, earning new powers for Jake and upgrades for Finn. The combat feels right, the music is excellent, the characters are memorable and the dungeons are enjoyable throwbacks to the source material that inspired them. The game does an excellent job of giving you a trail of breadcrumbs to follow through the world map rather than holding your hand through each phase of the quest. The only thing I can deduct points for is the fact that in 2 nights, and 2 sittings, I finished the entire game. My playthrough wrapped itself up in 6 hours, which feels short - even for a handheld. The good news, though, is that there is a new game plus option. The better news is that I began a second playthrough immediately after completing the first. Do yourself a service and pick up this lovingly crafted game. Collapse
  4. Nov 28, 2012
    This game is basically taking you on an adventure with Finn and Jake ripped from the TV show. I started playing the game to see if it was fit for my 8 year old and could not stop playing. This game is funny and just a good time. If you like the series you will love this game.
  5. Nov 23, 2012
    I have to say that this game was great! The game is really short, and easy 90% of the time, but makes up for it by making every second fun (Plus the ease of common enemies made backtracking less annoying). The bosses were surprisingly difficult and made a great fight. The graphics were very nice and pleasing to look at. The dialog is funny I heard Pendleton wrote it himself. When you beat the game a challenge mode unlocks, while not great for re-playability at least it's something. The controls were smooth, but using something from your inventory meant leaving yourself vulnerable for a second but hey, wouldn't you be if you were fiddling with your backpack? Game play wise it's a lot like Zelda II. My friends kept pointing that out as I played. tl;dr Pros:
    +A lot of fun!
    +Looks good
    +Great bosses
    +good dialog Cons:
    -Short
    -Little re-playability

I'd recommend it for all Adventure Time fans, it's a must have!
  6. Nov 26, 2012
    A must own for fans of the show. While the game's ease and length are a bit disappointing, that's almost entirely overshadowed by its faithfulness to the show and subtle nods to the first two Zelda games. It's easy to tell that the script was written by series creator Pendleton Ward, and he wisely incorporates as many fan favorite characters as possible, including many appearances by the fabulous Lumpy Space Princess. The music is also absolutely perfect, balancing a modern sound and retro motifs. I would recommend this game to anyone who is a fan of the show and any casual gamer looking for some quick fun. Anyone looking for a long game or a real challenge should avoid it. Expand
  7. Nov 21, 2012

1. Less fun to play than it is to watch. [Apr 2014, p.91]
  2. Mar 6, 2014
    There’s no obvious explanation about why the original game is released in Europe after its sequel. Calendar mysteries notwithstanding, Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?! is a fun, entertaining and colourful experience, keeping the game close to its animated origins. Its short longevity and repetitiveness may disappoint more demanding players, though.
    Ice King rarely passes the average entertainment threshold.