7.2

1. Feb 24, 2014
    I love the show and I had expectations for this game when I bought it avert playing I got only disappointment, This is nothing but a short platform game.
  2. Aug 16, 2013
    With this game I would say that it would have been a 7/10 if I wasn't a huge Adventure Time fan but because I am this game gets a better score cause to be honest this game was made for the fans with a huge world to explore and tons of levels.
  3. Apr 25, 2013
    A wonderful game for fans of the show. I enjoyed it quite a bit and thought it was original, had great music and was funny. The only thing that I didn't like is the length and lack of content. It took me 5 hours to beat the game and there isn't much to do afterward other than play again on a higher difficulty. Any fan of the show should play this but I feel it would have been better off as a 10-15 dollar eshop download. Expand
  4. Apr 14, 2013
    I had fun with this game I love the series but this game had many flaws in it for one its very short many of the items you find are useless and the combat got a little boring but it was a lot of fun the characters were great I think everyone was in here the 3d was good in certain spots if you love the show pick this up
  5. Jan 25, 2013
    For what it is Adventure Time is a great title. Sure it's short and leaves you longing for more but it's a great little retro feeling Adventure game and as I call it, "Zelda II done right." Fans of the show are sure to love it, but otherwise look into it a bit more before purchasing.
  6. Jan 9, 2013
    A shallow boring experience that doesn't live up to the high standards set by the series. The game has many characters and locations from the series that although at first exciting had little actual meaning in the game aside from repetitive fetch quests. The mechanics are repetitive and inelegant involving button bashing in order to win and grinding for items in random battles on the same fight screen. If you want the proper adventure time experience go watch the series as the game offers nothing new and actually hinders the adventure time experience. Expand
  7. Dec 28, 2012
    It's not very often that a game comes around that actually listens to the requests of a series fans. Adventure Time : Hey Ice King Why'd you steal our Garbage, does that. And it does it well. The only complaint that I'd really have about this game, is that it is solely fanbased. Being a fan of the Adventure Time series, it was easy for me to understand what Wayforward was trying to do, and why the game played out the way that it does. It is quite a short game, even with the New Game + mode, which ups the difficulty of the bosses. I think that if you're looking for a game to casually pass the time, and you are a fan of the series, then this game is a must have. However if you've never seen a single episode, or are looking for a game with length, then this isn't the game that you should be looking at. If you are a 3DS owner, then I suggest going into the eshop and downloading the demo first. Expand
  8. Nov 28, 2012
    This game is basically taking you on an adventure with Finn and Jake ripped from the TV show. I started playing the game to see if it was fit for my 8 year old and could not stop playing. This game is funny and just a good time. If you like the series you will love this game.
  9. Nov 26, 2012
    A must own for fans of the show. While the game's ease and length are a bit disappointing, that's almost entirely overshadowed by its faithfulness to the show and subtle nods to the first two Zelda games. It's easy to tell that the script was written by series creator Pendleton Ward, and he wisely incorporates as many fan favorite characters as possible, including many appearances by the fabulous Lumpy Space Princess. The music is also absolutely perfect, balancing a modern sound and retro motifs. I would recommend this game to anyone who is a fan of the show and any casual gamer looking for some quick fun. Anyone looking for a long game or a real challenge should avoid it. Expand
  10. Nov 23, 2012
    I have to say that this game was great! The game is really short, and easy 90% of the time, but makes up for it by making every second fun (Plus the ease of common enemies made backtracking less annoying). The bosses were surprisingly difficult and made a great fight. The graphics were very nice and pleasing to look at. The dialog is funny I heard Pendleton wrote it himself. When you beat the game a challenge mode unlocks, while not great for re-playability at least it's something. The controls were smooth, but using something from your inventory meant leaving yourself vulnerable for a second but hey, wouldn't you be if you were fiddling with your backpack? Game play wise it's a lot like Zelda II. My friends kept pointing that out as I played. tl;dr Pros:
    +A lot of fun!
    +Looks good
    +Great bosses
    +good dialog Cons:
    -Short
    -Little re-playability

I'd recommend it for all Adventure Time fans, it's a must have!
  11. Nov 21, 2012
    It's a great game, amazing graphics, amazing story and overall an adventure you shouldn't let it pass, even if you don't really like the series. I'd buy a 3DS/DS for this title alone...
  12. Nov 21, 2012
    Whether you are a fan of the series or not, Adventure Time will not let you down. Sharply written dialogue and cleverly laid out quests are the draw here. Adventure Time follows the lead of the retro games that it wears on its sleeve, which is a very good thing. I enjoyed the sense of progression, as well as the brisk pace that the game moves at; you're whisked away from zone to zone, earning new powers for Jake and upgrades for Finn. The combat feels right, the music is excellent, the characters are memorable and the dungeons are enjoyable throwbacks to the source material that inspired them. The game does an excellent job of giving you a trail of breadcrumbs to follow through the world map rather than holding your hand through each phase of the quest. The only thing I can deduct points for is the fact that in 2 nights, and 2 sittings, I finished the entire game. My playthrough wrapped itself up in 6 hours, which feels short - even for a handheld. The good news, though, is that there is a new game plus option. The better news is that I began a second playthrough immediately after completing the first. Do yourself a service and pick up this lovingly crafted game. Expand
  13. Nov 20, 2012
    Amazing, for fans or retro gamers, with that being said, this game takes you to a whimsical and weird yet amazing adventure, just like the series, fans of it can't go wrong with it, even people who dislike the series must give it a try.
  14. Nov 28, 2012

1. Apr 27, 2014
    Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage? is not really the typical lazy tie-in created as an easy cash cow: here and there you can see some intriguing ideas and cool stuff "à la Adventure Time", yet the inconsistency of the gameplay and the lack of fun seriously compromise the overall experience. Wouldn't it be time for a truly mathematical videogame?
  2. Less fun to play than it is to watch. [Apr 2014, p.91]
  3. Mar 6, 2014
    There’s no obvious explanation about why the original game is released in Europe after its sequel. Calendar mysteries notwithstanding, Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?! is a fun, entertaining and colourful experience, keeping the game close to its animated origins. Its short longevity and repetitiveness may disappoint more demanding players, though.