8.6

1. Nov 17, 2013
    Okay, first of all this game was much too hyped about. This I'm going to keep short.

This game is great for a fan of the series, since it's not too much different than the other Animal Crossing games. Unless you're someone who likes spending hours on end collecting stuff to build your virtual town, not given any specific goal really, then this game eventually becomes rather pointless and boring.

Starting your virtual town is fun there's lots to do, and everything happens at your own pace. But once you've played for a while, you tire of the repetitive cycle that you go through every day, and everything seems mundane. It doesn't help that everything's in real time, so unless you want to constantly switch your time and date, you have to wait real time for new seasons, new events. And I don't know about you, but changing the time takes any bit of fun away for me.

The game's visuals are alright, definitely nice for an Animal Crossing game. The characters never develop...AT ALL, so if you like RPGs then you probably won't like this game. Not to mention the citizens that live in your town are ANNOYING. The game is quite slow to load and save, and even though you're the mayor, your power is very limited. The interface is nice, but doing anything requires a lot of time, and it's in this time that you start to wonder "why am I even doing this?"

In short, the game will hook you, but you'll eventually break out of the cycle and just stop... until the next big event comes along. So it's not exactly a game I'd call "fun." I can't say much against it, other than my own opinion, because it's been well received. I guess I'm just the odd one out who doesn't understand the core concepts of the series well enough. New Leaf is as cute as games get, but ultimately repetitive and futile.

CORE GAME: 6/10
    VISUALS: 7/10
    SOUND: 6/10
    GAMEPLAY: 7/10
    LASTING APPEAL: 5/10
  2. Jul 28, 2013
    This is one of the funnest and cutest games you'll ever get to play, collecting it's always interesting, furniture list is huge. Why the 5 then? Well, if you ask me, they forgot to fix some of the major issues on this franchise. First of all, collecting furniture in ferns is nice, but you SHOULD be able to see what you got right from the inventory, also changing anything for your houseThis is one of the funnest and cutest games you'll ever get to play, collecting it's always interesting, furniture list is huge. Why the 5 then? Well, if you ask me, they forgot to fix some of the major issues on this franchise. First of all, collecting furniture in ferns is nice, but you SHOULD be able to see what you got right from the inventory, also changing anything for your house should have a "preview" feature, like buying clothes. Some other details would include having to save your tool before talking or entering a building, you could just walk in with in. Other than that, great game. Expand
  3. Jun 11, 2013
    I can see this will become addictive. If played for an hour a day it could be played for years. But it still feels pretty barren. It has charm but there still isn't enough stuff to do. I don't want to run out after an hour and wait till the next day to play. Fun though.
  4. Sep 19, 2013
    A charming and sometimes fun game that ultimately left me wanting more. I mean, there's a lot to do in this game but you can really only play for a couple of hours a day before you run out of fun activities. You can always farm more bells while waiting for the next day but this gets old fast. It's a solid time waster but a little overrated imo and not as memorable as I had hoped. BeingA charming and sometimes fun game that ultimately left me wanting more. I mean, there's a lot to do in this game but you can really only play for a couple of hours a day before you run out of fun activities. You can always farm more bells while waiting for the next day but this gets old fast. It's a solid time waster but a little overrated imo and not as memorable as I had hoped. Being mayor puts you in charge of all the cities building projects and the island tours add some variety but they also get boring pretty quickly. I love Nintendo games but this one just didn't grab me like most do. Expand
  5. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is just AC: Wild World with a few more features and 3D capabilities. I was struck by nostalgia, but it was not enough for me to have total enjoyment of this game. I felt like it did not offer a sustained amount of game play, just 20 minute increments a day. You need an active friend group to fully enjoy this game.
  6. Apr 23, 2015
    It doesn't have enough content or depth. Straight from the beginning, your options are very repetitive. Every day plays out the same way even if you try not to. The animals behaviors weren't random enough. Every morning at least 1 of the 8 animals I had would approach me with a task. It just grinded on me abit because their behaviors were becoming familiar and were far too obvious that itIt doesn't have enough content or depth. Straight from the beginning, your options are very repetitive. Every day plays out the same way even if you try not to. The animals behaviors weren't random enough. Every morning at least 1 of the 8 animals I had would approach me with a task. It just grinded on me abit because their behaviors were becoming familiar and were far too obvious that it killed any kind of immersion. Daily hidden items and bells also added to that repetition and because the play space is so small, it was just a matter of grinding to find the things. The game has a huge amount of charm and appeal, but it dies out way too quickly (within 2 weeks). The multiplayer was also far too clunky. Saving on entry and exit of a player, adding friend codes etc. It was all far too tedious. They've already remade this game over and over, I think they should stop playing it safe. Expand
  7. Mar 13, 2014
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf does show some promise, but it can fade away after a while

Pros: Full of charm The experience can be relaxing Cons: Most parts of the game can be tedious If you are a huge animal crossing fan, try this out, but if you are a newcomer, only play this if its what you strongly desire. It can last a reasonable amount of time, but it may start to fade away

Pros:
    Full of charm
    The experience can be relaxing

Cons:
    Most parts of the game can be tedious

If you are a huge animal crossing fan, try this out, but if you are a newcomer, only play this if its what you strongly desire. It can last a reasonable amount of time, but it may start to fade away after a while
  8. May 13, 2014
    A good game for sure even without a proper story line.
    Reason to buy this game.
    -When you saving money to buy something -When you saving money to build something -When you play online -When you play with your friends and do stupid things together -When you decorate your house Boring when playing the game. -When you try to save your money (you have to repeat the same progress)
    A good game for sure even without a proper story line.
    Reason to buy this game.
    -When you saving money to buy something
    -When you saving money to build something
    -When you play online
    -When you play with your friends and do stupid things together
    -When you decorate your house

Boring when playing the game.
    -When you try to save your money (you have to repeat the same progress) like training level in pokemon game
    -When you completed everything (even you can play online , but you will get bored eventually)
    -When none of your friend can play this game together with you
    -When playing with someone you don't know make you feel troublesome
    -When you are a boy but see a beautiful girl dress/ you are a girl but see a cool boy clothe (using female character may better for me ~.0 ,because man clothe is suitable for girl character too)
    -When someone keep calling you to open your gate when you in the middle of saving money(especially early game)

OVERALL
    -Great game +
    -no story -
    -I WOULD RECOMMEND THE GAME FOR YOU (especially your friend own a 3ds)
  9. Oct 19, 2014
    I have mixed feelings for this game. I definitely enjoy the game to a certain point, but I definitely don't enjoy it as much as my other games.

This is how the game is played: When you create a new profile, you enter details about your character and you start the game. You can sell, buy and find items. There are a few activities to do, such as fishing, fossil hunting, and shaking trees. Obviously, there are animals in the village, but they are randomly generated. The point is to design the city to how you and the villagers want it.

The game itself is okay, I would enjoy it a lot more if that was about it. unfortunately, there are 2 things I don't like, 1 of which is my fault, but the other knocks it down from an 8 to a 6. The first thing is that there is never anything different, at least through my playthrough, so usually I didn't play it for a while. The issue I had is that everything, absolutely everything, happens based on time. At first, this is pretty cool, but soon, it gets old, if you want to do certain events, it has to be a specific time of day. And if you take long breaks, the town practically breaks down. It may not bother some people, but I am not a huge fan of the feature at all.

I would've given it an 8 out of 10, but in the end, the time and date feature brings it down to a lower 6 out of 10. Not the worst game I've played, but not nearly the best either.

1. Oct 7, 2013
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf is excellent for meditation, coffee breaks, grinding, goofing around, self-expression and, naturally, having loads of fun. [Aug 2013]
  2. Sep 10, 2013
    It is not too shabby to be a major. Animal Crossing New Leaf continues the series tradition of being as charming as it is relaxing. The repetitive nature of the tasks in the game has an allure that somehow never gets old. Fans will of course feel right at home and welcome the occasional tweaks and news the game has to offer. It’s just too bad that New Leaf while being a game with lots of content still offers very few surprises.
  3. Aug 26, 2013
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf represents not only the pinnacle of the series, but also the ingenuity of the life simulation genre.