Animal Crossing: New Leaf 3DS

8.7

1. Jun 20, 2016
    Getting this game is a must-do for all Nintendo 3DS owners even if you have terrible games on it. If they're still selling these, you're in luck because this one is a must-get. Do yourself a favor and get it on a store near you or get it on the Nintendo eShop if you set up an internet connection and your Nintendo Network ID on the 3DS.
  2. Sep 3, 2014
    I will come out and say it straight that the Animal Crossing series is pretty pointless... WAIT, DON'T KILL ME. Let me explain. Admit it, there is no real goal to this game which makes the whole thing pretty pointless... BUT, it doesn't mean that it isn't enjoyable. The game has plenty to offer and plays smoother than previous titles in the series. Fishing and decorating houses has neverI will come out and say it straight that the Animal Crossing series is pretty pointless... WAIT, DON'T KILL ME. Let me explain. Admit it, there is no real goal to this game which makes the whole thing pretty pointless... BUT, it doesn't mean that it isn't enjoyable. The game has plenty to offer and plays smoother than previous titles in the series. Fishing and decorating houses has never been more fun! - But in all seriousness, it's a well made 4th installment. My one complaint? Only one person can be mayor. I mean, why couldn't they have made it where you can have multiple towns with multiple mayors? Still, it's a great casual title and it makes for a very attractive 3DS game for many. 8/10 Expand
  3. Feb 7, 2014
    Animal Crossing New Leaf takes the fun of the previous games in the series, and adds new and innovative features. In this instalment, you become the mayor of the town, which means there is a lot more freedom and activities to do in the game. The game is fun and relaxing, so it is not for everyone, but most people can get lost in the game and spend hours playing it.
  4. Jul 4, 2013
    So addicting that I am constantly changing the time on my 3DS in order to get what I want in the game. Overall, Animal Crossing: New Life is just fun and wonderful to play when bored.
  5. Jan 11, 2015
    I was expecting great things when I popped in my first ever Animal Crossing game into my 3DS for the first time! Was I disappointed? Of course not!

The game's incredibly addictive and you'll find yourself playing it for months on end. There's just so much to see and do here. You can go to Main Street and buy some clothes or donate fossils, fish, and bugs to the museum or you can go to the Roost to get coffee (or make coffee for your villagers) and much more! I've never played a game where I've never got bored: this game is the first!

The villagers/animals in the game make you feel much more engaged with the experience. They all have a unique personality (boys have four available personalities and girls have also have four available personalities), making it easy to connect with them. Of course, I do have my favorite (boy-smug, girl-normal) but the fact that you like some villagers more than others shows that each one is different.

Tortimer Island is a fantastic addition to the game. Without it there'd probably be a lot less fish and bugs to collect. Therefore, Tortimer Island is one of the reasons the game has so much replayability. The tours (or minigames) featured at the island are very fun even if some of them are a bit more confusing than others. Tortimer Island probably would've been a lot more fun if I hadn't cut down all the trees there but that's my own fault...

Your home plays a big part in the game. You can upgrade it via Nook's shop, get points on it via the Happy Home Academy, and get ideas for it via Happy Home Showcase. I personally was so busy with other things to worry about my house but it's a much needed addition. The Happy Home Showcase was really fun to look at, though, as you could buy furniture from other people's houses straight from it!

New to the Animal Crossing series is your responsibility of being a mayor. Namely, you can make ordinances (make things lower priced, make the town look better, etc.) and make public works projects. These public works projects are a huge responsibility in the game. Without these, you can't add the Dream Suite (in which you can visit other players' towns via dream) or the Reset Center (Mr. Resetti, the boss of the Reset Center, will scold you for not saving). The whole mayor thing is like turning a new leaf! (pun intended)

Holidays also play a big role in the game. While in the grand scope of things, there aren't much holidays, when they do come around they're a big deal: especially Toy Day (Animal Crossing equivalent of Christmas). You have to learn what every single villager wants for Toy Day as when the holiday occurs, you have to play the role of Santa! It's a big undertaking, but it's all worth it! Other holidays include Bunny Day (Easter), Festivale (made up for this), and Halloween.

Overall, Animal Crossing: New Leaf is a fantastic game and it's one of the best I've ever played. It's incredibly addictive and for good reason. The amount of replayability in the game is astounding!
  6. Jun 11, 2013
    I can see this will become addictive. If played for an hour a day it could be played for years. But it still feels pretty barren. It has charm but there still isn't enough stuff to do. I don't want to run out after an hour and wait till the next day to play. Fun though.
  7. Jul 21, 2013
    For any doubters and outsiders of the Animal Crossing fandom, there is nothing new that'll change your minds. However, for veterans of one of Nintendo's cutest franchises, it is the finest installment to date. In the creative department, while players are finally offered the ability to choose the layout of their town at the beginning of the game and given chances to build on to their townsFor any doubters and outsiders of the Animal Crossing fandom, there is nothing new that'll change your minds. However, for veterans of one of Nintendo's cutest franchises, it is the finest installment to date. In the creative department, while players are finally offered the ability to choose the layout of their town at the beginning of the game and given chances to build on to their towns with a slew of scenery and shops, the mayor role in the game is very underwhelming and you'll often grow irritated with having a puppy dog (spoiler: your secretary named Isabelle) tell you what to do 24/7. But outside of that minor struggles, New Leaf refines and adds beyond everything that made the game addictive in the first place, taking even more of the time of your day to simply grow plants, catch bugs and fish, go to the tropical island and play mini-games, play with your friends via Wi-Fi connection, etc. Truly one of the funnest games on the Nintendo 3DS at the moment. Expand
  8. Mar 28, 2014
    Before playing New Leaf, the only experience I've had with Animal Crossing was the original on the GameCube and while I enjoyed the original, I was completely blown away from this game. I was addicted to this game since day one, there was lots to do and the game changes as time goes on which is both good and bad in a way. It's good because it gives you things to look forward to, but it wasBefore playing New Leaf, the only experience I've had with Animal Crossing was the original on the GameCube and while I enjoyed the original, I was completely blown away from this game. I was addicted to this game since day one, there was lots to do and the game changes as time goes on which is both good and bad in a way. It's good because it gives you things to look forward to, but it was also bad for me mainly because I would get a bit impatient to see what happens next to the point of where I would start playing early in the morning. But there was plenty of activity to do and I would strongly recommend this game to anyone who has a Nintendo 3ds or 2ds. If you are only going to buy one animal crossing game, then let it be Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Expand
  9. Jan 29, 2014
    Animal Crossing New Leaf is one of the best 3DS games that i enjoy playing

the game has one best new thing on it and that public work project and being a mayor
    but making 2nd villger you woon't have be a mayor and just do sorts normal animal crossing fum
  10. Jun 28, 2013
    This is a good one to fall asleep to or to play with your kids/significant other when you have a little bit of free time at the end of the day. It's charming, quirky, and fun in a mini-sims sort of way. There's not much to do that takes any sort of mental capacity, but that's not why you play Animal Crossing. You play because it's a nice little vacation from the stupid of the rest of theThis is a good one to fall asleep to or to play with your kids/significant other when you have a little bit of free time at the end of the day. It's charming, quirky, and fun in a mini-sims sort of way. There's not much to do that takes any sort of mental capacity, but that's not why you play Animal Crossing. You play because it's a nice little vacation from the stupid of the rest of the world.

I do agree that it's a shame you can't play for much more than an hour without completely running out of things to do, and it's reliance on real time rather than some sort of an in-game sleep system is kinda annoying, but like I said, it's not really meant to be something you take up an entire day with. It's a light snack of a game to help wind you down. Keep that in mind if you try it. You'll get your money's worth after many weeks of play, not in a handful of sittings.
  11. Dec 17, 2013
    For being the fourth entry in the series, the game hasn't advanced much since the first one. You're the mayor of town in this one, which lets you setup Public Works Projects. They're decorations for your town, and they let you customize how your town is. Except you can only make 30 of them, even though there's space for tons and tons of them. Also, the selection of public projects isFor being the fourth entry in the series, the game hasn't advanced much since the first one. You're the mayor of town in this one, which lets you setup Public Works Projects. They're decorations for your town, and they let you customize how your town is. Except you can only make 30 of them, even though there's space for tons and tons of them. Also, the selection of public projects is mostly limited to things like lamps and benches and statues. You can build up to three bridges across your town's river, but you can't divert the river, you can't add a pond or fill in a pond, you can't add or remove a ramp down to the beach. When villagers move in, they just move in any old place that fits, you can't declare where house lots should go. What I'm saying is that, for a game that tries to sell you on the point of being able to customize your town, you don't get access to a lot of very obvious customization options.

Houses are about the same as before. You can change the outside of your house some, and you can get several rooms inside of your house. All rooms start off at 4x4, then have a 6x6 and 8x8 upgrade you can buy. Always a central room, a room left, back, and right, and an upstairs and downstairs. You can't re-arrange the orientation of your house's rooms, like having it be a long ranch-style house or a tower house where you just stack it five floors high. Even if the exterior didn't change to match it, it would have been nice for your house's rooms to be arrangable.

Of course there's a ton of goodies to put inside of your house, wallpapers, floors, beds, chairs, etc, etc. Once you've picked up an item once, it goes into your catalog, so you can buy it again from Nook's if you sell or lose it. Except some items are "special event" items, so you can't re-purcahse them from your catalog. It'll show the item, and then not let you buy it. Not being able to just buy anything in your catalog is pretty poop.

There's a "Mall" section, behind your main town, and you can upgrade it a bit. Re-Tail is in the main area, but all the rest of the stores, and the Museum and Post Office, are in the Mall area. Behind the Mall is the Happy Home section, where the houses of people you Street Pass are displayed, and you can order items that you see in their home. It follows the same rules as the catalog though, so if they have a limited item then you can't order it. Which is, again, poop.

The villagers in town are kinda alright, some of them are fun characters that I really like (Ken and Bruce). Except they're a little shallow. You interact with them or not, and based on that they'll usually stay in town. If they decide to move, you can tell them to stay, and they'll stay if you've interacted with them a lot. I say "interact" instead of "be nice to" because it doesn't matter what your interaction is. You can talk to them, send them letters, hit them with a net, push them into pit-falls, whatever. It's all the same to them.

They each start off with a house customized to them when they move into town, but they don't have any sort of style as to what things get replaced with what, so they'll just use anything you give them and anything they see in Re-Tail. Their houses end up looking like weird mish-mashes of all sorts of styles at once. The villagers aren't very distinct in how they act in general. Internally, the game itself has like 6 general personality types, and it kinda shows through even without knowing that. There's apparently 110 or so villagers in the game, but you can only have up to 10 in your town at once. It'd probably have been better for them to make fewer villagers that are each more distinct.

I guess what I'm getting at in general is that the game has stuff in it, but most of the options are kinda shallow or surface or whatever you wanna call it. There's not many systems driven interactions going on, and the game regularly feels like a disappointment and an "if only they had" sort of a game.
  12. Feb 11, 2014
    I went through the GC and the DS versions, and I was pretty sure I was never going to do it again. In fact, my brother got the Wii version, but I quickly lost interest. However, when I saw that you were now the mayor and ruler of your own city, my curiosity was piqued, and I decided to give Animal Crossing one last go.

It's nice that they finally changed the initial set up of the

It's nice that they finally changed the initial set up of the game. You're starting place, is a tent, and your goal is a mansion. However, throwing in the concept of being town mayor affords you better control of personalizing your town. The graphics are much improved and the 3D allows things to pop. As with any good expansion, there's more of everything to do.

StreetPass affords some excellent functionality. I love running through people's homes or dream town and laying waste to their city cause I can, knowing there's no consequences. Buying their furniture and seeing the incredible things people can do inspires you to come up with ideas for your own ultimate town.

However, after awhile, I hit the rut again, and the realization comes that I've played this game twice before. Animal Crossing New Leaf is still essentially the same game. It's just as enjoyable, if not better with all the improvements, but I guess I had imagined that holding the position as mayor could afford me more power. Oh well. It's just sad to know that my town is running destitute with weeds now, and few games hold that attachment for me. I simply wish it would make it easier to pull away and to know my town isn't to falling apart. This game just shows me I have deep commitment issues. Until a few more installments down the road, I bid you adieu ACNL.
  13. Jun 19, 2013
    This is one of the best 3DS games out there right now, maybe even the best (I personally disliked immorality of having to kill everyone in most of the levels in FE:A). I guess it's true that it is quite similar to the Wii version, but who says this game is worse than the one on the Wii. If this was the first game in the series, my opinion may differ, but overall, it wasn't a bad game.This is one of the best 3DS games out there right now, maybe even the best (I personally disliked immorality of having to kill everyone in most of the levels in FE:A). I guess it's true that it is quite similar to the Wii version, but who says this game is worse than the one on the Wii. If this was the first game in the series, my opinion may differ, but overall, it wasn't a bad game. Overall, 8.3/10 Expand
  14. Aug 7, 2013
    Hasta el momento, es el juego del año en Nintendo 3DS, el mejor calificado y el mas vendido (Solo detrás de TLOU). Este juego se merece la popularidad y notas que esta teniendo, ademas de ser la mejor entrega de toda la serie.
  15. Nov 1, 2013
    If you've never played an Animal Crossing game, this game will absolutely blow your mind. I have had just about every Animal Crossing, so I wasn't as impressed. My overall sentiment is that there is just "more" than there being any radical additions. While becoming the mayor is a drastic change, the ways to make money are almost identical to the previous versions. The iterations of thisIf you've never played an Animal Crossing game, this game will absolutely blow your mind. I have had just about every Animal Crossing, so I wasn't as impressed. My overall sentiment is that there is just "more" than there being any radical additions. While becoming the mayor is a drastic change, the ways to make money are almost identical to the previous versions. The iterations of this game have incrementally added things, but New Leaf has been the series' biggest jump. It is what City Folk should have been. One gripe I've had with the series is that it still caters to the morning crowd; if I want to play late at night, I still have to time travel to another day because there just isn't much to do in the late hours. I had played Wild World on the original DS to death, which is probably why this entry is not as amazing as it could have been. I am glad that this series is back on track and heading in a solid direction. Expand
  16. Mar 13, 2014
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf does show some promise, but it can fade away after a while

Pros: Full of charm The experience can be relaxing Cons: Most parts of the game can be tedious If you are a huge animal crossing fan, try this out, but if you are a newcomer, only play this if its what you strongly desire. It can last a reasonable amount of time, but it may start to fade away

Pros:
    Full of charm
    The experience can be relaxing

Cons:
    Most parts of the game can be tedious

If you are a huge animal crossing fan, try this out, but if you are a newcomer, only play this if its what you strongly desire. It can last a reasonable amount of time, but it may start to fade away after a while
  17. Jun 9, 2013
    Much different than the previous DS version I popped in the old game today to see the difference, and "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" is so much smoother and better in every way! The whole game seems happier and Nintendo really listened to its fans. It may sound silly, but being able to sell all your items at once or have the owl appraise all your items at once saves a ton of time and is soMuch different than the previous DS version I popped in the old game today to see the difference, and "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" is so much smoother and better in every way! The whole game seems happier and Nintendo really listened to its fans. It may sound silly, but being able to sell all your items at once or have the owl appraise all your items at once saves a ton of time and is so convenient! No game is perfect, but this is so close! 9.9/10 Expand
  18. Jul 13, 2013
    A fantastic slice of life game that you can dip into a little every day for months. Great characters and charm, the music is fantastic and the customization is great, if albeit hid behind unlocking. Only criticism is that you can only store 10 designs on your character, but you can make an alt to get more so it's not that big of a problem.
  19. Jun 11, 2013
    Since I bought this game, I've been playing this like I'm addicted. It is the best Animal Crossing. If you liked the GC Version, the NDS Version or the Wii Version, then you will love this game like it's you're own child.
    Play it! Love it!
  20. Dec 9, 2013
    I admit this game is a First-Class, but corresponding to real-time destroyed the game for me.
    I don't want to play a game as daily routine. I just want to enjoy a game several weeks in a holiday. Ok, you say using Time-Traveling, but I just feel utterly annoyed when I have to quit game frequently to reset system time.
    If there is a machnism within the game for player to adjust time, I
    If there is a machnism within the game for player to adjust time, I will give the game a 9..with no doubt.
  21. Nov 11, 2015
    I have always loved Animal Crossing, but New Leaf is where I feel the franchise really came into its own. Giving you the additional power as Mayor where you can create ordinances and unique items and designs for your town is an ingenious twist, while characters like Isabelle have quickly become among my favorite in the series. As with any AC game, you do eventually run out of things toI have always loved Animal Crossing, but New Leaf is where I feel the franchise really came into its own. Giving you the additional power as Mayor where you can create ordinances and unique items and designs for your town is an ingenious twist, while characters like Isabelle have quickly become among my favorite in the series. As with any AC game, you do eventually run out of things to do when played long enough, but it is an endearing journey, and one of my favorite games of all time. Expand
  22. Jul 14, 2014
    A Great game. You can make your town your little paradise, build an awesome house, go to an tropical island resort, play with friends and more. Fun is a thing that this is full of!
    Unfortunately, there is 1 flaw. That is that even though it's fun, it gets boring so you might be taking breaks from the game.
  23. Sep 17, 2015
    Animal Crossing New Leaf for the 3DS is one of its premiere titles. With robust town customization beautiful visuals and music plus a cast of lovable and memorable characters, this installment in the series is the pinnacle of the series. For the first time in series history you are the mayor of your town. You can issue ordinances, Build public works projects and change various things suchAnimal Crossing New Leaf for the 3DS is one of its premiere titles. With robust town customization beautiful visuals and music plus a cast of lovable and memorable characters, this installment in the series is the pinnacle of the series. For the first time in series history you are the mayor of your town. You can issue ordinances, Build public works projects and change various things such as the town tune and flag. The projects you build are very unique and can help your town in many ways. From benches and bridges to a coffee shop and police station. Of course you cant have an animal crossing game without animals and every one can live in your town old favorites and newcomers alike can join you and friends via multiplayer for the definitive animal crossing game only on 3DS Expand
  24. Jun 9, 2013
    Finally an AC to dethrone the Gamecube version. This game is so full of charm and makes me constantly smile and laugh. There is no other series I can pick up and play literally ever day for months.
  25. Jun 9, 2013
    Refreshing style of game to play. Its hard to frown on it as this game is cheerful and brings joy when being played. Graphically the stands strong to other 3DS titles. The music is calming and the characters a lovable. Customization could have been better but it is in no way bad.
  26. Apr 12, 2015
    This is the best 3ds timewaster game ever, You can be playing every second a day, Portable, first time mayor and special way to invite your friends to your town and get other people's material by typing peoples Town code!
  27. Aug 19, 2013
    This is so much fun. So many new features, yet it doesn't feel TOO changed. This has brought me tons of fun hours, at this point pretty much DAYS, and there's still many more to come.
  28. Jun 24, 2013
    Thank you Nintendo. I have been so in to Animal Crossing for years. I was very disappointed when "City Folk" ended up being a pretty straightforward port of the DS game. Finally we have a true successor to the Animal Crossing game. Whereas I found myself running out of things to do in the old games, I now have all sorts of things to keep me busy. New furniture, better AI dialogue, allThank you Nintendo. I have been so in to Animal Crossing for years. I was very disappointed when "City Folk" ended up being a pretty straightforward port of the DS game. Finally we have a true successor to the Animal Crossing game. Whereas I found myself running out of things to do in the old games, I now have all sorts of things to keep me busy. New furniture, better AI dialogue, all kinds of new features, and a more fleshed out multiplayer offering. All this, and Streetpass has finally given you a way to see what complete strangers are doing with their town. I love it. Expand
  29. May 11, 2015
    While I would never buy this game, I got it free from Club Nintendo as a reward. I am so glad I had the chance to play it and now I put aside some time everyday. I like how you can just pick it up and put it down. Everything about this game is simple and relaxing. I wouldn't give it a 10 just because the music gets a little annoying sometimes (always chipper and upbeat).
  30. May 13, 2014
    A good game for sure even without a proper story line.
    Reason to buy this game.
    -When you saving money to buy something -When you saving money to build something -When you play online -When you play with your friends and do stupid things together -When you decorate your house Boring when playing the game. -When you try to save your money (you have to repeat the same progress)
    A good game for sure even without a proper story line.
    Reason to buy this game.
    -When you saving money to buy something
    -When you saving money to build something
    -When you play online
    -When you play with your friends and do stupid things together
    -When you decorate your house

Boring when playing the game.
    -When you try to save your money (you have to repeat the same progress) like training level in pokemon game
    -When you completed everything (even you can play online , but you will get bored eventually)
    -When none of your friend can play this game together with you
    -When playing with someone you don't know make you feel troublesome
    -When you are a boy but see a beautiful girl dress/ you are a girl but see a cool boy clothe (using female character may better for me ~.0 ,because man clothe is suitable for girl character too)
    -When someone keep calling you to open your gate when you in the middle of saving money(especially early game)

OVERALL
    -Great game +
    -no story -
    -I WOULD RECOMMEND THE GAME FOR YOU (especially your friend own a 3ds)
  31. Nov 12, 2014
    Animal Crossing is an example of a simple game that is simply enjoyable. The art style is quaint, bright and cheerful. The characters are fun and memorable. It is truely a quintessential Nintendo game and displays the creativity and uniqeness that Nintendo brings to the gaming industry. Yes, the game can be a bit slow and is not too enjoyable to play for hours at a time. However, for howAnimal Crossing is an example of a simple game that is simply enjoyable. The art style is quaint, bright and cheerful. The characters are fun and memorable. It is truely a quintessential Nintendo game and displays the creativity and uniqeness that Nintendo brings to the gaming industry. Yes, the game can be a bit slow and is not too enjoyable to play for hours at a time. However, for how simply the game is--it is quietly dynamic. Every day brings something new and fun to do. Every week brings a new surprise (like a lost sailor, an art dealer selling potential conterfits, a DJ, and more). Even every month can potentially bring a new surprise with new animals moving into your town, a holiday or a specifical event. Again, this game possess a quiet dynamism coupled with a cheerful art scheme and charming characters and charming activities to partake in. Enjoy. Expand
  32. May 9, 2014
    They have greatly improved this game since the Animal Crossing Wild World, it's much more complete and fun. You have much more freedom. It's very fun I would recommend buying it. :)
  33. Jan 26, 2015
    I have logged 440+ hours on Animal Crossing: New Leaf! It is AC at its best, I have played all AC games to date.

Pros: + You're the mayor this time! + Animals and their personalities + Fish, fossil, furniture collecting OCD! + customize town + Real time = extension of own life + mini-games + visiting other towns + streetpass integration Cons: - friend codes still a thing -

Pros:
    + You're the mayor this time!
    + Animals and their personalities
    + Fish, fossil, furniture collecting OCD!
    + customize town
    + Real time = extension of own life
    + mini-games
    + visiting other towns
    + streetpass integration

Cons:
    - friend codes still a thing
    - repeating dialogue
    - flat terrain (compared to previous installments)
  34. Sep 19, 2013
    A charming and sometimes fun game that ultimately left me wanting more. I mean, there's a lot to do in this game but you can really only play for a couple of hours a day before you run out of fun activities. You can always farm more bells while waiting for the next day but this gets old fast. It's a solid time waster but a little overrated imo and not as memorable as I had hoped. BeingA charming and sometimes fun game that ultimately left me wanting more. I mean, there's a lot to do in this game but you can really only play for a couple of hours a day before you run out of fun activities. You can always farm more bells while waiting for the next day but this gets old fast. It's a solid time waster but a little overrated imo and not as memorable as I had hoped. Being mayor puts you in charge of all the cities building projects and the island tours add some variety but they also get boring pretty quickly. I love Nintendo games but this one just didn't grab me like most do. Expand
  35. Mar 24, 2014
    Animal crossing never fails to disappoint, the New Leaf for the 3DS is much smoother, graphically beautiful and diverse than Wild World was on the original DS. The gameplay mechanic of being the mayor has much to improve upon, but it has made a start none the less. I do feel this game could do better with exclusive events and DLC, as to me, the game does kind of get boring, slow and evenAnimal crossing never fails to disappoint, the New Leaf for the 3DS is much smoother, graphically beautiful and diverse than Wild World was on the original DS. The gameplay mechanic of being the mayor has much to improve upon, but it has made a start none the less. I do feel this game could do better with exclusive events and DLC, as to me, the game does kind of get boring, slow and even tedious as you start to expand your house to the point where it costs hundreds of thousands of bells... Expand
  36. Aug 23, 2014
    This game is fun you should pick it up for your 3DS 2DS or 3DS XL. Teh game starts up with u choosing the name for your town and when u enter your town and there are randomly picked people in teh town.
  37. Jun 20, 2013
    This is the first Animal Crossing I've played, had it for 5 days now and play it virtually every free minute I have. Simple to play and rewarding each day. Fun to play as a family as each profile you create, all live in the same town and contribute to the community. Highly recommended.
  38. Jul 2, 2013
    This being my first Animal Crossing experience I had no idea what I was in for. The game is a true gaming gem in this current generation. I never feel cheated or as if this game is being unfair. I have yet to come across one thing that is sub par. Animal Crossing let's you experience an entire living world on your 3DS. New residents move in and on a daily basis items in stores change. YouThis being my first Animal Crossing experience I had no idea what I was in for. The game is a true gaming gem in this current generation. I never feel cheated or as if this game is being unfair. I have yet to come across one thing that is sub par. Animal Crossing let's you experience an entire living world on your 3DS. New residents move in and on a daily basis items in stores change. You can chose to play it and accomplish quite a bit in a hurried fashion (even go so far to change the clock in the game to speed along some processes), or you can chose to play day by day like a daily ritual. It's a game that anyone can get something out of. I am obsessed. Great job Nintendo!!! Expand
  39. Jun 28, 2016
    This game definitely changed the animal crossing series. The changes are something that will probably stay for future games and still to this day I am hoping for another animal crossing game here soon
  40. Nov 17, 2014
    Now that I reflect on how much time I spent on this game, I'm surprised I haven't gotten all the badges yet. Besides that, I love this game! I have played less lately but I enjoyed the phase I had being addicted to this game. I will still cherish the time some random stranger at that island gave me a million bells. I highly recommend this game and who knows, you might just be as lucky as me!
  41. Jun 13, 2013
    My first Animal Crossing game...and I'm hooked. I'm not usually into games of this type, but I gave it a try because a lot of folks at my office play it and it has multiplayer. The multiplayer on this game is top-notch, for the kind of game it is--nothing like taking a boat ride with three of your friends and running off to go diving, fishing, and scavenger hunting together.
  42. Jun 21, 2013
    I'm in love with this game! A great improvement from the previous game! Its not a game that you can play for hours in one sitting since you will run out of things to do but that is, in my opinion, part of its charm. I look forward to playing it every day so that I may do new things and continue to improve the town! Also, I find it a refreshing change of pace from many other games out thereI'm in love with this game! A great improvement from the previous game! Its not a game that you can play for hours in one sitting since you will run out of things to do but that is, in my opinion, part of its charm. I look forward to playing it every day so that I may do new things and continue to improve the town! Also, I find it a refreshing change of pace from many other games out there that are primarily about violence. In this game the most violent thing that happens is getting stung by bees(and thats only if you shake the tree their hive is in so you kind of deserve it...). So whether you are a fan of the series or just want a fun, family friendly game to play, this one is definitely a winner. Expand
  43. Jun 29, 2013
    I became a fan of the series in late 2004 when I played Animal Crossing on the Nintendo GameCube for the first time. I was fascinated that a game that includes weed picking and seashell hunting as part of the regular gameplay, and wondered how and why I found it to be so strangely addicting. Fast forward almost nine years later and here we have the fourth installment in the series. WhileI became a fan of the series in late 2004 when I played Animal Crossing on the Nintendo GameCube for the first time. I was fascinated that a game that includes weed picking and seashell hunting as part of the regular gameplay, and wondered how and why I found it to be so strangely addicting. Fast forward almost nine years later and here we have the fourth installment in the series. While it doesn't stray far from the Animal Crossing formula it does add that nostalgic feeling that I feel was lost in the second and third games. You're still in debt to Tom Nook, but it feels less forced. You're still doing chores such as killing and weed pulling, but now with projects and things to add to your town instead of it being the same forever. Your main street grows and adds on as you continue to play, and you can't help but feel satisfied as you watch your town flourish into something beautiful and completely your own.

If I had to say something negative about this game (or rather something "less positive") it would have to be the placement of public works projects. You can almost never place them exactly where you want, and symmetry is very hard to create. That being said, I definitely recommend this game to anyone. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, and that's ok, but those who have liked the game for sure will fall in love with this one. This is the best one since the GameCube, and in many ways it's even better than that.
  44. Jan 13, 2014
    Incredible fun and super addictive. You'll find yourself playing this game all the time everyday because of its fun and easy to do game play. It's a nice game to sit and relax to.
  45. Nov 22, 2014
    This game has so much content I find it hard to find enough time to do everything I want to do in this game - there's so much you can do. This game is basically what I wish real life was like. Living simple without paying taxes and have Nintendo products everywhere. The animals all have unique and memorable personalities. The best entry in the Animal Crossing series by far. You being MayorThis game has so much content I find it hard to find enough time to do everything I want to do in this game - there's so much you can do. This game is basically what I wish real life was like. Living simple without paying taxes and have Nintendo products everywhere. The animals all have unique and memorable personalities. The best entry in the Animal Crossing series by far. You being Mayor is so fun. Expand
  46. Apr 3, 2014
    My girlfriend played this game, and I wasn't so sold on it. Though, as I watched her play it wasn't long until I fell in love with its charming world, characters, music and gameplay. New Leaf is a truly unique game which I not only now own myself, but have sunk almost 200 hours into. One of the most addictive games ever, be warned.
  47. Jun 15, 2013
    What a game! From the moment I have started playing till now I have truly enjoyed my time and felt that there was always something to do rather then pay off my loans. It is very refreshing to have animal crossing with just the right amount of new content added. The few thing that bug me personally are easily out weighed by the enjoyment i get from all the other content that has been added.What a game! From the moment I have started playing till now I have truly enjoyed my time and felt that there was always something to do rather then pay off my loans. It is very refreshing to have animal crossing with just the right amount of new content added. The few thing that bug me personally are easily out weighed by the enjoyment i get from all the other content that has been added. If you were a fan of the original animal crossing then you will love this new one. Expand
  48. Mar 14, 2016
    Now, this game isn't for most people. If you think a routine of "collect, sell, improve house" is boring, this isn't for you. If you don't like cutesy style games, this isn't for you. I however, love it. It's great fun, it's relaxing, and a good break from those typical gore fests. It's got a great level of customization, and you can play with friends, manage a town, and do other littleNow, this game isn't for most people. If you think a routine of "collect, sell, improve house" is boring, this isn't for you. If you don't like cutesy style games, this isn't for you. I however, love it. It's great fun, it's relaxing, and a good break from those typical gore fests. It's got a great level of customization, and you can play with friends, manage a town, and do other little activities to keep you occupied. It's great! Expand
  49. Jul 21, 2013
    I have never played with any Animal Crossing title before (although I had a Gamecube several years ago), but simply I can say: New Leaf is the perfect recreation game. 3DS owners MUST have it!
  50. Nov 5, 2013
    I used to own wild world for my 3ds and it bored me after about a month. this game is not like that. there are actually goals in this game and things to do. it never bores you since there are different things to do every day like checking stores(they change stock every day. a new feature I like is the island you can play mini games) I would recommend this game to everyone. I also like howI used to own wild world for my 3ds and it bored me after about a month. this game is not like that. there are actually goals in this game and things to do. it never bores you since there are different things to do every day like checking stores(they change stock every day. a new feature I like is the island you can play mini games) I would recommend this game to everyone. I also like how the game runs on real time so it's not like the stores are open24/7. there's always different events and there are even projects that you can build. you can also renovate the exterior of your home. the graphics and 3d are great and the street pass feature is put to good use. when you street pass with another acnl owner you can view their house and even order stuff from it. overall animal crossing new leaf is an exceptional game, most likely the best I've ever played. this game exceeds all of its predecessors and is a must buy for any 3ds owner. Expand
  51. Nov 5, 2013
    I personally did not have high expectations for this game, but this game exceeded the levels of greatness. The characters somewhat sometimes feel repetitive as far as dialogue is concerned.
    After dark the game can become quite boring, but this is what Animal Crossing is all about. A world where your little animals seem alive even when not playing.

Superb.
  52. Jul 22, 2013
    Animal's Crossing: New Leaf is a sort of life simulator game, where time flows just like it does in the real world.

If you ever played an AC game before you know exactly what you're diving into, it's more of the same, only done better! For the newcomers, this is a game that you play day by day as the year goes by, partaking in events, meeting the locals, relax as you catch fish/bugs

For the newcomers, this is a game that you play day by day as the year goes by, partaking in events, meeting the locals, relax as you catch fish/bugs and generally just do whatever you feel like, there are lots of goals to accomplish in-game, be it completing the museum with various collectibles or decorating your house to your liking, pay your loan to get expansions to your house or just casually play with friends, there's something for everyone here.

AC: NL brings some major and a lot of minor additions to the game, which ultimately enriches the experience by quite a lot, the biggest major addition tho, is being the mayor of your own little virtual town.

Being the mayor brings in all sorts of extra features, like being able to build town projects and putting ordinances into place. These projects range from building a new bridge over the river to an expansion of the town museum...

A minor addition (but a good one at that) is the ability to play with more people on 1 cartridge/town, this means if you and a friend/girlfriend want to live in the same town this is completely possible, but if your friend/girlfriend does something, this will be reflected the next time you start up the game for your character.

All in all, Animals Crossing: New Leaf has something for everyone and when you find time to invest in it, you can play for months to come, it's not for people looking for a fast and action paced game, it's something you need to do a few minutes/hours a day while relaxing and enjoying your ever growing/evolving town.
  53. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is just AC: Wild World with a few more features and 3D capabilities. I was struck by nostalgia, but it was not enough for me to have total enjoyment of this game. I felt like it did not offer a sustained amount of game play, just 20 minute increments a day. You need an active friend group to fully enjoy this game.
  54. Jul 7, 2013
    A beautiful addition to a wonderful franchise that has meant so much to me since 2002. This was the first time since the GameCube version that I felt the wonder of having a town and so much to do in it. It brings elements of the past 3 releases and adds several more. And this is one instance that the 3D actually improves the experience. Definitely a must buy for anyone with a 3DS or areA beautiful addition to a wonderful franchise that has meant so much to me since 2002. This was the first time since the GameCube version that I felt the wonder of having a town and so much to do in it. It brings elements of the past 3 releases and adds several more. And this is one instance that the 3D actually improves the experience. Definitely a must buy for anyone with a 3DS or are fans of the series in general. You will not be disappointed, except perhaps by the many sea bass you'll catch. Expand
  55. Jul 2, 2013
    What people need to understand when picking up this game is it needs to be played for an hour or 2 a day. This is the type of game that is rewarding more and more everyday. I love how you slowly unlock stuff day by day instead of just being able to buy whatever you want upfront. I play for hours some times i and i don't even know why but i have fun doing it! Give this game a chance andWhat people need to understand when picking up this game is it needs to be played for an hour or 2 a day. This is the type of game that is rewarding more and more everyday. I love how you slowly unlock stuff day by day instead of just being able to buy whatever you want upfront. I play for hours some times i and i don't even know why but i have fun doing it! Give this game a chance and it could be so rewarding. Expand
  56. Apr 4, 2016
    I absolutely adore this game. This game is most likely not for you if you don't enjoy games with a slow pace and not that many specific goals, but I felt that way too and I've ended up adoring this game. The first day or so that I played Animal Crossing, I was really not into it, I wasn't used to a game that had such a slow pace, but it's grown on me, and I find that there is more to doI absolutely adore this game. This game is most likely not for you if you don't enjoy games with a slow pace and not that many specific goals, but I felt that way too and I've ended up adoring this game. The first day or so that I played Animal Crossing, I was really not into it, I wasn't used to a game that had such a slow pace, but it's grown on me, and I find that there is more to do the more I play. It's honestly really good for someone like me, I don't have very many friends, but it's been very heartwarming to have animal friends in my game. I have heard that Animal Crossing was originally started as a way to cope with loneliness, and I think it does it's job well. There are also many silly and fun things to discover within the game, creative outlets, and building aspects, that make the game very relaxing and rewarding. Expand
  57. Apr 23, 2015
    It doesn't have enough content or depth. Straight from the beginning, your options are very repetitive. Every day plays out the same way even if you try not to. The animals behaviors weren't random enough. Every morning at least 1 of the 8 animals I had would approach me with a task. It just grinded on me abit because their behaviors were becoming familiar and were far too obvious that itIt doesn't have enough content or depth. Straight from the beginning, your options are very repetitive. Every day plays out the same way even if you try not to. The animals behaviors weren't random enough. Every morning at least 1 of the 8 animals I had would approach me with a task. It just grinded on me abit because their behaviors were becoming familiar and were far too obvious that it killed any kind of immersion. Daily hidden items and bells also added to that repetition and because the play space is so small, it was just a matter of grinding to find the things. The game has a huge amount of charm and appeal, but it dies out way too quickly (within 2 weeks). The multiplayer was also far too clunky. Saving on entry and exit of a player, adding friend codes etc. It was all far too tedious. They've already remade this game over and over, I think they should stop playing it safe. Expand
  58. Nov 17, 2013
    Okay, first of all this game was much too hyped about. This I'm going to keep short.

This game is great for a fan of the series, since it's not too much different than the other Animal Crossing games. Unless you're someone who likes spending hours on end collecting stuff to build your virtual town, not given any specific goal really, then this game eventually becomes rather pointless and boring.

Starting your virtual town is fun there's lots to do, and everything happens at your own pace. But once you've played for a while, you tire of the repetitive cycle that you go through every day, and everything seems mundane. It doesn't help that everything's in real time, so unless you want to constantly switch your time and date, you have to wait real time for new seasons, new events. And I don't know about you, but changing the time takes any bit of fun away for me.

The game's visuals are alright, definitely nice for an Animal Crossing game. The characters never develop...AT ALL, so if you like RPGs then you probably won't like this game. Not to mention the citizens that live in your town are ANNOYING. The game is quite slow to load and save, and even though you're the mayor, your power is very limited. The interface is nice, but doing anything requires a lot of time, and it's in this time that you start to wonder "why am I even doing this?"

In short, the game will hook you, but you'll eventually break out of the cycle and just stop... until the next big event comes along. So it's not exactly a game I'd call "fun." I can't say much against it, other than my own opinion, because it's been well received. I guess I'm just the odd one out who doesn't understand the core concepts of the series well enough. New Leaf is as cute as games get, but ultimately repetitive and futile.

CORE GAME: 6/10
    VISUALS: 7/10
    SOUND: 6/10
    GAMEPLAY: 7/10
    LASTING APPEAL: 5/10
  59. Nov 18, 2014
    I played Animal Crossing: Wild World for the old DS, so I was pumped when I heard about the new one. The first thing I noticed when I popped the game in was that it was gorgeous. The second thing I noticed was that it was one of the most engaging games I've ever played. The way the game is set up forces you to care about your villagers and their problems. And the best/worst part about itI played Animal Crossing: Wild World for the old DS, so I was pumped when I heard about the new one. The first thing I noticed when I popped the game in was that it was gorgeous. The second thing I noticed was that it was one of the most engaging games I've ever played. The way the game is set up forces you to care about your villagers and their problems. And the best/worst part about it is that there is a limited amount of things to do each day, so it's almost impossible to play this game for more than 45 minutes a day. I have over 100 hours on this game and plan to restart my town and get 100 more. Amazing game. Expand
  60. Jun 14, 2013
    A game u will keep coming back to months after you buy. Every 3ds owner should get this game. Play it for 1-2 hours at time. This isnt monster hunter where u grind for 5 hours. Its meant to be played gracefully.
  61. Jun 22, 2016
    As an early Animal Crossing gamer, I have seen the way the game has progressed since the Gamecube version. New Leaf really makes a difference, everything I always wanted takes pace in this game, almost.

I love the new neighbors, how easy it is to visit somebody, the design options, and the freedom to build anything you want wherever you want. The only thing I do not like in this game

The only thing I do not like in this game is that the characters in general don't have much to say like in previous games. In previous games, they would speak more lines to you, there was more depth in the conversation, and now you get many two lines dialog. And there are not as many different conversations, 4 different villagers could say the exact same thing to you. I hated that.

I loved the things animals said in previous games, how they spoke about lots of things, but now they don't have much to say.

Ahead from that, it's an amazing game. You can play it forever.
  62. Jun 25, 2013
    It's no secret that all Animal Crossing games are insanely addicting addicting but New Leaf takes that to a whole new level.This game is every bit as charming and funny as the previous entries into the AC series but what makes New Leaf stand out is that you are the towns mayor.This allows you to do things that were previously impossible .You can build things in your town and pick the shopsIt's no secret that all Animal Crossing games are insanely addicting addicting but New Leaf takes that to a whole new level.This game is every bit as charming and funny as the previous entries into the AC series but what makes New Leaf stand out is that you are the towns mayor.This allows you to do things that were previously impossible .You can build things in your town and pick the shops opening hours.It's jolly good fun really and the graphics are good too.This game is vibrant,colorful,the water in this game looks really nice and the animals look fluffy!. Expand
  63. Nov 21, 2013
    This is my first Animal Crossing game and I really enjoy playing it. As someone who usually likes to play storytelling adventures, I was a bit sceptical towards AC:NL, but it did only take minutes of playing to fall in love with it. Everything is well designed and it is really amusing to interact with all those little weird animals living in your small town. The minigames (especiallyThis is my first Animal Crossing game and I really enjoy playing it. As someone who usually likes to play storytelling adventures, I was a bit sceptical towards AC:NL, but it did only take minutes of playing to fall in love with it. Everything is well designed and it is really amusing to interact with all those little weird animals living in your small town. The minigames (especially while playing them with friends) are also really fun and don't take a lot of time. The only small minus point for me is, that you can reach a point each day where you just can't do any more stuff without "cheating" and changing the the time in the Nintendo 3DS setups. It takes hours to reach this point, but as a long time gamer that can be frustrating. Expand
  64. Oct 19, 2014
    I have mixed feelings for this game. I definitely enjoy the game to a certain point, but I definitely don't enjoy it as much as my other games.

This is how the game is played: When you create a new profile, you enter details about your character and you start the game. You can sell, buy and find items. There are a few activities to do, such as fishing, fossil hunting, and shaking trees. Obviously, there are animals in the village, but they are randomly generated. The point is to design the city to how you and the villagers want it.

The game itself is okay, I would enjoy it a lot more if that was about it. unfortunately, there are 2 things I don't like, 1 of which is my fault, but the other knocks it down from an 8 to a 6. The first thing is that there is never anything different, at least through my playthrough, so usually I didn't play it for a while. The issue I had is that everything, absolutely everything, happens based on time. At first, this is pretty cool, but soon, it gets old, if you want to do certain events, it has to be a specific time of day. And if you take long breaks, the town practically breaks down. It may not bother some people, but I am not a huge fan of the feature at all.

I would've given it an 8 out of 10, but in the end, the time and date feature brings it down to a lower 6 out of 10. Not the worst game I've played, but not nearly the best either.
  65. Jan 10, 2014
    The best AC by FAR. This is NOT Wild World, or City Folk. NEW LEAF has so much more content, it is ridiculous. I've got 180 hours logged, and new things are still opening up. It may look similar, but, it's FAR superior. Also, the touch screen is a god-send, as is the new ability to bundle fruit into baskets of 9. Grab some friends and visit the Island. It's one of many cool new additions.
  66. Aug 2, 2015
    The beginning is pretty long and you can get bored then because you barely have any fruit to sell, so I suggest planting new trees as soon as you get into the game. As it goes on, it becomes really fun.
    I love the Roost Café, such a fun addition, they should've added a bakery as well!
    Sometimes you run out of things to do but you can always earn bells by fishing, catching bugs and picking all of the fruits. Some villagers might ask you to deliver something.
    It's fun to get back to, I tend to be addicted, then quit for a while, then check up on it and find myself playing for hours again. I used to have Wild World and City Folk as well and the series only get better!
  67. Aug 12, 2013
    I have been playing video games all of my life. Every once in a while a game comes along that consumes me. Animal Crossing: New Leaf is one of the best video game experiences you will ever have if you are willing to explore it's hidden depth. It's a well known fact that this game is a little difficult to describe in terms of what makes it so fantastic, so I thought I would try to describeI have been playing video games all of my life. Every once in a while a game comes along that consumes me. Animal Crossing: New Leaf is one of the best video game experiences you will ever have if you are willing to explore it's hidden depth. It's a well known fact that this game is a little difficult to describe in terms of what makes it so fantastic, so I thought I would try to describe it a little differently than most people in the hope of attracting more people to this wonderful game.

Running my town as Mayor to me is similar to running a business, without ever worrying about failing. You have to work hard for your money and spend it creatively on your town. Earning money in this game is addicting in the way mining is in Mine Craft or Terraria. It's addicting in the way leveling up in an RPG can be. Before you know it, you will be compelled to earn big money on those evenings on the island, catching rare bugs. The compulsion to earn money is insane. Who would have guessed that Fishing and Bug catching could be so addictive?

Every town will look different and expressing your style and wealth is one of the most satisfying aspects to a game that I have ever had. Your town will continue to evolve, and more and more building options and public work projects become available. Each of the buildings and their upgrades adds new facets to your virtual life. From the incredible amount of customizations to your house, to the insane amount of items, to the equally insane amount of quirky wardrobes; each aesthetic choice can be reflection of your own creativity or you can simply use the themes readily available if you are not feeling creative. I built a movie theater in my house, with surround sound speakers, arcades, candy machines and one of those crane machines you find at any theater. It is my pride and joy. I built a park in my town and it's beautiful.

It's one of those games that I think about as soon as I wake up. What's for sale at all of the numerous stores on main street? What events are taking place? What's happening in my virtual alternate life?There is always something happening in your town. Females beware, this game was definitely designed to appeal to your inner shopper. Yes, there is a shoe store and it's inventory changes daily as with all of the stores.

In a day when almost all of the major game announcements involve guns and violence, Animal Crossing: New Leaf is the diametric opposite of those experiences. It's a laid back and incredibly relaxing game. Take it at your own pace, and just chill out. Sometimes I watch TV, while playing Animal Crossing, and that is one of my favorite things to do now. I have put over 150 hours into the game since launch and I imagine I will put two thousand in by the time it is all said and done. If this appeals to you in any way, go out and buy this game. The social features are fantastic, and the community is very helpful. If you do not have a 3DS, it's about time you bought one. Animal Crossing: New Leaf is Nintendo's new killer app.
  68. Jun 9, 2013
    Animal Crossing has gone a long way since the original game. While previous entries have not made any evolutionary turns, this one surely has. The 3DS game is the one that beats them all. Missing out on this game is a great mistake. This is a must have for all 3DS owners.
  69. Jul 14, 2013
    This is the first Nintendo 3DS game I felt like it was 40$ well spent.This game adds so much to the animal crossing series from all the new shops, the new clothing items, the tropical island and the high level of customization.Do yourself a favor and go buy yourself this game.9/10
  70. Jul 3, 2013
    fiancé loved it, I thought it was alright. She was a fan since the wii version. if you like the wii version you will more than likely love the 3DS version. its not really my cup of tea but I can see how some like it. I gave it a 9 because I feel the developers accomplished what they were going for and gave you more choices. still could use more changes especially if it takes a couple yearsfiancé loved it, I thought it was alright. She was a fan since the wii version. if you like the wii version you will more than likely love the 3DS version. its not really my cup of tea but I can see how some like it. I gave it a 9 because I feel the developers accomplished what they were going for and gave you more choices. still could use more changes especially if it takes a couple years to make Expand
  71. Jul 10, 2013
    What can I say, it's the best game of the year so far. And unless something comes straight from left field and surprises me, it will stay the best game of the year. It's almost impossible to describe this game, and I'm not even entirely sure if it's to be called a game. But there's so much to do, and the reward system is so devilish paced that you get hooked at once. Combined with a cuteWhat can I say, it's the best game of the year so far. And unless something comes straight from left field and surprises me, it will stay the best game of the year. It's almost impossible to describe this game, and I'm not even entirely sure if it's to be called a game. But there's so much to do, and the reward system is so devilish paced that you get hooked at once. Combined with a cute and cosy feel, it's a game I've played every day since release, and will continue to do so for several months to come. Expand
  72. Aug 12, 2013
    Animal Crossing is one of those games you keep coming back to over and over again with each iteration, and you never really know why. In its fourth installment since its Gamecube debut in 2002, it's still one of the freshest, most relaxing, and oddly enough, most addictive game franchises on the market. It's also yet another must-own for anyone who has a 3DS.

The biggest difference

The biggest difference between New Leaf and the prior Animal Crossing games is that this time, you are the mayor in your town, and as such, you have the ability to customize and improve your town like never before. If you have the money and you're willing to cough up the dough, you can buy various public works projects that add to the aesthetic of your town: things like streetlights, extra bridges, new shops, a night club, police stations, Resetti's headquarters, and more. In relation to previous installments, everything in New Leaf is much more streamlined. Most of the shops are bunched together in the area north of your town, while several staples from prior entries in the series, like the police station for example, are now public works projects that you can place anywhere in your actual town... after you pay for them of course. The depth of customizing your town will, needless to say, keep you coming back to the game, even after you've paid off the millions of "Bells" (the currency in Animal Crossing) it will take to expand your home to its biggest potential.

I honestly can't even begin to explain how much furniture and clothing there is to collect in this game. After playing the game for two months, I still walk into the department store and see something new every time I go in. The sheer amount of items and collectibles will baffle you, and this is yet another aspect of the game that will bring you right back to it.

Much of the New Leaf is business as usual, providing you with the same motivation to meet your neighbors, collect all of the bugs, fish, fossils, etc., and pay off that dang home loan that Tom Nook likes to harass you about. All of it is executed extremely smoothly and intricately, in typical Nintendo form. The visuals are delightful, the music is fairly relaxed, and the 3D effect is pretty good, but it really isn't needed for this kind of game anyway.

Overall Animal Crossing: New Leaf is great fun. It's got a strange alluring quality to it that is unlike any other game out there. Considering all of the gritty and violent realism of many other video games on the market, Animal Crossing is a welcome and delightful detour. Without a doubt, it's a must-own for anyone who owns a 3DS, and is yet another great addition to the 3DS's already extremely impressive library of games.
  73. Jun 11, 2013
    Animal Crossing presents a whole new element in this new title, a new idea or in this case, a new role for players to fulfill in their own town, becoming Mayor of "insert name of your town here".

In your new role as Mayor, you can manage the town and work on projects that will make your town stand out among others, making this a brand new experience that previous titles have not given. Instead of worrying about Tom Nook's constant loans with the past 3 titles, this game steers it's head to everything else that isn't about bells, the town and the animals that live there. Making the player the Mayor, provides a new role that players can play to further appreciate their hard work by seeing how they helped shape their town, instead of a mere house upgrade.

Of course, more items and furniture have been added, to make the game more personal as previous titles have done. Accessories, hats, glasses, pants (WHOA), shoes, and more clothing truly add to the experience to tailor your character to your liking. With the addition of home exterior decorating, the personalization presented in this game is ever vast.

A very good element in the game, is your secretary, Isabelle. She helps you with your mayor duties and really helps explain the game to newcomers. Talk to her enough, and she'll provide you with necessary information that will help your experience with this game. Plus, she's incredibly adorable (as with many things in this game).

Other improvements are more finishing touches to this finely crafted game in this North American release, adding much needed flexible controls that make the game easier to play. And with Twitter and Tumblr, you can share in-game screenshots of your life in Animal Crossing and keep those memories stamped on social media.

Now, to the things didn't appeal to me, and it may just be the fact that I'm more critical in my current age. The game holds you back from experiencing everything the game has to offer, by only letting you do certain things when you done this or that. While that may add a feeling of progression with rewards, the series has always kept open doors to you. Aside from that, when all the necessities are done and you can move on to the next task, it feels as if the game has nothing for you to do but wander around aimlessly in the night, waiting eagerly for the next day. While you can get certain fish/bugs and talk to your neighbors, those are things you can already do during daytime, and they really needed to populate the night life with things that don't need to be unlocked.

New Leaf is a fantastic entry in this fun and adorable franchise, adding more of what you love about these games, teaching the player more about what she/he can do in this game, improvements to already existing elements, and while the game does hold you back from experiencing everything you can do, there is no doubt that this is an enriching game that you can leisurely play everyday.
  74. Sep 1, 2013
    Really fun game. I just can't stop playing it. The only other game in the series I've played before New Leaf is Wild World,but still,I think this is the best game in the series. I play with my sister and my best friend almost every day. It's really worth money and I think even anyone who doesn't really like video games will like it. 10/10.
  75. Aug 9, 2013
    Animal Crossing New Leaf Review

Originally Posted at http://www.yeahyeahcool.com/2013/08/09/animal-crossing-new-leaf-for-the-nintendo-3ds-review/ by: Carla Valdes @Karluccia Animal Crossing has been a staple of Nintendo’s games since it first debuted for the GameCube back in 2001. The newest offering Animal Crossing New Leaf delivers the same addicting gameplay with many new
    Animal Crossing New Leaf Review

by: Carla Valdes @Karluccia

Animal Crossing has been a staple of Nintendo’s games since it first debuted for the GameCube back in 2001. The newest offering Animal Crossing New Leaf delivers the same addicting gameplay with many new additions to keep you coming back for more.

If you have never played Animal Crossing, the basic idea involves you living and interacting in a small town where the other residents are these adorable animals that want to be your friend. The home you live in is expandable and you can fill it with furniture collections and knickknacks. Your day is spent doing errands for your animal friends, catching bugs and fishing for bells. Because the game is in real time, as you go throughout your day so does the life in the town. Time and seasons change and occasionally there are town events like fishing tournaments or fireworks display.

New Leaf has brought a more extensive and personal touch to the gameplay. Here is just a small list of the many new additions:

The first player who moves into your town gets to be Mayor! Their duties include town ordinances and public works with the ability to spruce up the town with benches, flower clocks and other decorations.
    Expansion to the museum with a second floor that allows you to create your own showcase.
    New stores including shoes, a coffee shop where you can work part-time, and Club LOL that features nightly entertainment.
    Travel by boat to a cute island to play mini games and buy island or mermaid themed furniture.

This is definitely a game for collectors, and as a collector of things, Animal Crossing New Leaf taps into my OCD with gusto! I do recommend checking out the Strategy Guide, either in book form or online, to keep track of your collections. As for the game play, I wish they had added more to the monthly events and happenings since they seem to be on the skimpy side. But even with that tiny complaint, I still find myself checking in daily with the animals to see if they need anything, going shopping to find out what’s on sale at Nooks and stopping by the Roost café for a cup of coffee made with care by Brewster the pigeon. He knows my preference too, Mocha blend with 2 sugars and a little cream. Aahhh..perfect every time.

A-
  76. Oct 15, 2013
    Definitely the best Animal Crossing so far. It's really easy to enjoy and relaxing. All the features work how you want them to. A game you can pick up for a few minutes just to kill some time. Although, it would be nice if the shops opened earlier (without having to use Early-Bird Ordinance) and the mayor had more power.
  77. Jan 26, 2014
    CONTENT!!
    There is so much to do on this game! The only other one i have played is the original, but i love this one. You can get all your fruits and shells and sell them to get bells to customize your home and do projects as the mayor. If your bored of that, you can go to an island and do fun games with the previous mayor.
    I strongly recommend this game.
  78. Feb 21, 2014
    This game improves upon the other games in the series in almost every way. You can do so much in this game, there is no way I could say everything you can do in this review. There is an absolute ton of stuff to do in this game. I've been playing for about 90 hours now, and I'm not even halfway done. You are the mayor of a town. You can add new buildings and maintain the town through townThis game improves upon the other games in the series in almost every way. You can do so much in this game, there is no way I could say everything you can do in this review. There is an absolute ton of stuff to do in this game. I've been playing for about 90 hours now, and I'm not even halfway done. You are the mayor of a town. You can add new buildings and maintain the town through town projects and ordinances, trying to get a perfect town rating. There are 60 things you can add in the town, ranging from a cafe to the Sphinx. All of this is new to the series. My only complaint is the villagers have to tell you about 40 town projects (you start out with about 20) before you can build them. That would be fine, if they would just tell you them about 2-4 times a week. Instead, you will be lucky to get 1 in a week. Overall, I think the tiny flaws in this game can easily be overlooked and this game could become one of your most played games ever due to the amount of content in it. Expand
  79. Apr 21, 2015
    This is such an addictive game, I bought several games since getting this & I just can't put this 1 down such a relaxing care free game if this is your type of game you won't be disappointed with this one
  80. Jul 20, 2013
    I have tried Wii and Nintendo DS' games but none of them captured me. I saw lots of trailers and critics and them I decided to buy.

The game is SO GREAT, it has lots of content and so many things to do! It's very refined with great graphics and rich soundtrack. The game has lots of ways to connect with friends through online visits real time in your city, local and also streetpass. They enabled a chat to talk to friends in diferents cities. I have never spent so many time playing a game as I'm doing with Animal Crossing New Leaf.
  81. Jul 10, 2013
    I have never been the biggest Animal Crossing fan. I usually find the games boring and repetitive. But, I decided to pick up this new Animal Crossing game and something about changed my whole view on the series. All of the things you can do, all of the new features that Nintendo added to this version compared to the DS version. Animal Crossing New Leaf has so much charm. All of theI have never been the biggest Animal Crossing fan. I usually find the games boring and repetitive. But, I decided to pick up this new Animal Crossing game and something about changed my whole view on the series. All of the things you can do, all of the new features that Nintendo added to this version compared to the DS version. Animal Crossing New Leaf has so much charm. All of the characters consistently make me smile and laugh. Animal Crossing New Leaf has so much depth to it that I could literally sit down and play this game for hours and hours. This game has changed my view on the Animal Crossing franchise and I will definitely be picking up the next version of Animal Crossing whenever Nintendo decides to make another one. But this is a game that I will be playing every day until the next Animal Crossing comes out. The only reason why I didn't give it a 10/10 is that it is still an Animal Crossing game and I can still find it a little boring at some times, but that's just me. Are you missing out on a great experience if you don't get Animal Crossing New Leaf? Absolutely! Expand
  82. Aug 4, 2013
    This is the reason of my 3ds purchase this game is so addictive .
    The world keep "living" even when you are not playing and that is the reason of your desire to play to see what is happening
  83. Jun 13, 2013
    This game is truly innovating and worth it's every penny. I never imagined a new game in the series to be equal to Wild World but this game has proven my wrong.
  84. Jun 17, 2013
    Great game and very addictive. My only gripe is that you cannot delete extra files on the card without erasing your entire memory. Other than that this is a must buy.
  85. Oct 12, 2013
    It's creative, It's cute, It's addictive, It's Animal Crossing and it's back and better than ever on the Nintendo 3DS system. Animal Crossing New Leaf is a life simulation game that has no other real goal than to just enjoy your life amongst your animal neighbors. New Leaf has so many new and amazing features that Animal Crossing fans have been waiting for. The whole catching fish andIt's creative, It's cute, It's addictive, It's Animal Crossing and it's back and better than ever on the Nintendo 3DS system. Animal Crossing New Leaf is a life simulation game that has no other real goal than to just enjoy your life amongst your animal neighbors. New Leaf has so many new and amazing features that Animal Crossing fans have been waiting for. The whole catching fish and bugs, digging up fossils, decorating your house, and chatting with your neighbors mechanic is all still there but you're not just a regular citizen in Animal Crossing anymore. You move to the town to find out you have accidentally been mistaken for the new mayor that was supposed to arrive and now, well, you become mayor! As mayor you can do things like set ordinances for your town to follow and set up creations in your town like benches and lighthouses. They mayor mechanic is small but it's a whole lot of fun. But ultimately your still playing Animal Crossing, and tons of new features have been added like an island area, new unique holidays, and tons of new stores that allow you to do and buy an assortment of different things. The Graphics are cute, colorful and are extremely well done, and while the music in the game is done very well, I think I still prefer Wild World and City Folks music a bit more. If you are an Animal Crossing fan who was worried that the new Animal Crossing game was just going to be City Folk with a fresh coat of paint I can tell you that New Leaf is most certainly not that. What it is, is a game that has added so much to the Animal Crossing series that the game will keep you entertained for years. From the fans of the AC series to the people who have never played a game in the franchise, I suggest picking up one of the best 3DS games on the market today, Animal Crossing New Leaf. Expand
  86. Dec 21, 2013
    I am willing to give this game a 10 because not only is it extremely relaxing it may look childish but it has hundreds of hours and things to do. I can safely say this game is a game you must buy if you own a 3ds in fact it was the first game I got when I bought it and I have not had doubts about it since. The music is very nice while being relaxing and there is stuff to do every day.
  87. May 27, 2014
    Story: N/A
    Gameplay: 9/10
    - Simple and easy to learn. Art: 9/10 - Cute and quite adorable. Characters: 8/10 - All the villagers seem to have a certain type of personality, all interesting in their own way. Sound: 9/10 - Pleasant sounds and music; DJ K.K. provides a variety of catchy songs. Enjoyment: 7/10 - It is fun to play from time to time, but it can get extremely repetitive.
    Story: N/A
    Gameplay: 9/10
    - Simple and easy to learn.
    Art: 9/10
    - Cute and quite adorable.
    Characters: 8/10
    Sound: 9/10
    - Pleasant sounds and music; DJ K.K. provides a variety of catchy songs.
    Enjoyment: 7/10
    - It is fun to play from time to time, but it can get extremely repetitive.
    I recommend people to play this with friends, since playing it by yourself can get boring really fast.
  88. Oct 22, 2014
    It is my first Animal Crossing game and it's absolutely fantastic :-) It's like a "free to play" game, without the micro-transactions, really charming and heartwarming. You decide on how much you want to spend with the game, but I already scored over 70 hours in around a month, there's always something to do: take care of fruit trees, plant and water flowers, collect shells, visit otherIt is my first Animal Crossing game and it's absolutely fantastic :-) It's like a "free to play" game, without the micro-transactions, really charming and heartwarming. You decide on how much you want to spend with the game, but I already scored over 70 hours in around a month, there's always something to do: take care of fruit trees, plant and water flowers, collect shells, visit other gamers, have mini parties with your villagers, who are cute and silly and funny. It's a great game to play when you don't want to save the world another time, or you just want to do something positive, since you can never loose in this game, every villager tells you how awesome you are, and in general this game makes you feel great about life and yourself. Expand
  89. Jan 4, 2016
    This game is a great game to pick up for a few minutes and play while taking a break from games like fallout 4 and Fire emblem Awakening. This game offer new experiences not available in the previous installments. It doesn't deserve the hate it gets. It is a cute and relaxing game where your the mayor of your own town. you can build public works projects, dig up fossils, collect fruit, andThis game is a great game to pick up for a few minutes and play while taking a break from games like fallout 4 and Fire emblem Awakening. This game offer new experiences not available in the previous installments. It doesn't deserve the hate it gets. It is a cute and relaxing game where your the mayor of your own town. you can build public works projects, dig up fossils, collect fruit, and so much more. Expand
  90. May 14, 2016
    There is no doubt about it. I LOVE Animal Crossing. I've been playing it since the Gamecube and have tried (I think) every iteration since.

New Leaf is unbelievable. I purchased this game almost two years ago and subsequently logged hundreds of hours into it. It's easy to do when you put in an average of an hour a day for a year into the game. And that's exactly what I love about it. You can literally log in for 20 minutes and be done for the day, just to get lost in an activity the next day and play for 2 hours. You can play it in the car for long periods of time, or just check on what's available in the stores while you are laying in bed.

I love visiting other peoples towns and seeing what they have done. I love the feeling of wanting to catch every bug and fish.

I just recently started this game again (about a month and a half ago) and have played it every day. I've brought it with me on trips to DC, Canada and NYC and kept it on me so that I could pick up streetpass houses!

If you like Animal Crossing, get this game. It doesn't matter that it came out a few years ago. It's still relevant and their are still people playing! I just got 3 of my friends REaddicted to it. Haha.
  91. Jun 9, 2013
    Based on Day 1, this game is definitely a 9 so far. Could be 10 or could be an 8 depending on what happens over time as I will edit this review. I haven't played AC since the DS like 5 years ago, and this is hands down the PERFECT way to get back in to the series. The little changes have made this fantastic. Being able to get rid of things in groups rather than singles. choosing ANYWHEREBased on Day 1, this game is definitely a 9 so far. Could be 10 or could be an 8 depending on what happens over time as I will edit this review. I haven't played AC since the DS like 5 years ago, and this is hands down the PERFECT way to get back in to the series. The little changes have made this fantastic. Being able to get rid of things in groups rather than singles. choosing ANYWHERE you want to place your house in the town. You like that view by the beach? "Done," says Nook. One thing that bothers me is that the curvature of the world is a little too much and zoomed in too far, making it a little annoying to find fish.
    I can't wait to see what else this game keeps showing tomorrow, throughout the week, and for months to come!
  92. Jun 15, 2013
    I've been a fan of the AC series since the days of the Gamecube and let me say: New Leaf is by far the best in the series!

First of all, I am a firm believer that this game was never truly intended for the main Nintendo consoles; it had "handheld" written all over it since the first installment. This game is the most organic-feeling of the lot and the online play is fantastic. I love

I love how the game is able to stay pretty much the same as it always has been yet is able to add one small thing to the mix and instantly there's hours upon hours of added game play that in no way feels tacked on. For example, the addition of the wetsuit, being the mayor, the addition of pants and shoes, and the tropical getaway are all great/entertaining additions to the game that make it feel like an even bigger world than it already is and makes the game even more addicting.

If you're on the fence about getting this game, don't be. The 3DS has been coming on strong within the last year and this title has just solidified its victory against the Vita. TEHNOUTTATEHN!
  93. Jun 13, 2013
    Absolutley magnificent! I've really enjoyed this game so far, it's so relaxing and fun at the same time, very pretty visuals and a lot of charm! A lot of things to do and the new online modes are very intresting.
  94. Jun 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. With its vivid presentation, loveable characters and health-hazard inflicting addictive gameplay, Animal Crossing: New Leaf is a game that oozes charm, detail and devotion. It's a game that, for Western countries, has been 3 years in the making, but it's been more than worth the wait. Animal Crossing: New Leaf may be criticised by other reviewers for its gameplay that sticks to the previous titles, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Make no mistake, this is the most polished and refined Animal Crossing experience to date, and it does a lot of new stuff that goes hand-in-hand with the core mechanics that are the game's main attraction to make this new title a truly fresh and captivating experience.

New Leaf should be a template to the game's creators for years to come, and until the next title, New Leaf will dominate the Activity Log of any 3DS owner. 9.7/10.
  95. Jul 28, 2013
    This is one of the funnest and cutest games you'll ever get to play, collecting it's always interesting, furniture list is huge. Why the 5 then? Well, if you ask me, they forgot to fix some of the major issues on this franchise. First of all, collecting furniture in ferns is nice, but you SHOULD be able to see what you got right from the inventory, also changing anything for your houseThis is one of the funnest and cutest games you'll ever get to play, collecting it's always interesting, furniture list is huge. Why the 5 then? Well, if you ask me, they forgot to fix some of the major issues on this franchise. First of all, collecting furniture in ferns is nice, but you SHOULD be able to see what you got right from the inventory, also changing anything for your house should have a "preview" feature, like buying clothes. Some other details would include having to save your tool before talking or entering a building, you could just walk in with in. Other than that, great game. Expand
  96. Oct 14, 2014
    This is, by far, the best Animal Crossing in terms of gameplay refinement, features, and design. There's more stuff to do in your town, more ways to customize it, more stuff on main street, and it's all easier and more fluid thanks to a lot of thoughtful streamlining that removes so much of the tedium present in earlier entries of the series.

My biggest problem with the game, really my

My biggest problem with the game, really my only problem, and ultimately the reason why I stopped playing so soon, was that so much of the charm that made this series unique is gone. The characters all just feel so bland and samey, with none of that zany sharpness or bite in their dialogue that made you care about them in earlier games.

I definitely think the gameplay improvements and innovations are necessary to keep a series like this relevant and to allow it to grow into potentially something bigger, I just hope that if/when that does happen, it doesn't lose touch with what made it so special in the first place: charm.
  97. Oct 20, 2013
    If your a classic traditional Animal Crossing Fan like me. You may find the game wanders away from the original game. You become the mayor of your chosen town which strays away from staring from the bottom as in other Animal Crossing titles such as City Life and Wild World. I felt disappointed with the game and felt the 3D in the game felt as if it was a gimmick.
    4/10 Poor Check
    4/10 Poor Check Out My other reviews
  98. Jun 6, 2014
    First Animal Crossing I played, I'd really give this a 7.5 because I can't decide between a 7 or an 8. Game was pretty fun, but I did not find it as addicting as everyone claims. It was fun for a week or two, then it just got a little more like a hassle with no real direction and dull.
  99. Jan 3, 2015
    this was my first AC game so i did not expect much i got it day one little did i know it was probably one of the best 3ds hits of all time your a mayor of a town the towns name you decide (i named mine hyrule) when you get off the train you decide where you wanna build your house er a tent but with patience it will become a lot better when you start off theres one shop in town going tothis was my first AC game so i did not expect much i got it day one little did i know it was probably one of the best 3ds hits of all time your a mayor of a town the towns name you decide (i named mine hyrule) when you get off the train you decide where you wanna build your house er a tent but with patience it will become a lot better when you start off theres one shop in town going to the shopping district theres only a few places to go like the bank the museum and 2 other shops but there will be more like Kicks run by...kicks a flower shop the t&t shop will expand and club lol and more later you'll see the original mayor who gives you boat rides for 1,000 bells theres multiplayer and even EASTER EGGS! Expand
  100. Jul 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am completely new to the Animal Crossing series. Up until this game, I had no prior knowledge of this series or what to expect when getting New Leaf. All I knew was that it was a life simulator with cute animal people in it.

I ended up getting far more than I could have ever imagined. Your town and your people are ALIVE, make no mistake. This game is packed with little details and small charms all over the place that will make anyone new to the series say "Wow, really? I wonder what else will happen..."

Your villagers are intelligent, they know what goes on around them and will comment on it. Your town grows over time, day by day, very slowly. Relationships develop, buildings rise, seasons change and villagers move in and out. There are over 300 possible citizens for your village, and you can only have 10 at a time. This is a painful kind of potential where you want to see as much as you can, but you'll only get there with time.

It's much more than a slice-of-life simulator. It's literally another life, all to yourself, where you're in charge and these little animal people look up to you to make their town the best in the world. After a week, you may find yourself getting a deep-seated feeling for your little town and it's people, smiling at some of the things they say and hopefully getting a little chuckle out of it sometimes too.

Daily routines are common, but somehow not repetitive or boring. There's plenty of options for things to do if something doesn't suit your mood that day, or you can just do nothing at all! This game has literally no obligations tied to it, and it makes for a very therapeutic sort of relaxation game. Go fishing. Plant some trees, water some flowers. Or just gaze at the stars.

The possibilities are endless, and no two people will ever have the exact same town.

I don't think I could have picked a better time to dive into the Animal Crossing series. $40 well spent; I'll be playing this game for years to come.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 7, 2013
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf is excellent for meditation, coffee breaks, grinding, goofing around, self-expression and, naturally, having loads of fun. [Aug 2013]
  2. Sep 10, 2013
    It is not too shabby to be a major. Animal Crossing New Leaf continues the series tradition of being as charming as it is relaxing. The repetitive nature of the tasks in the game has an allure that somehow never gets old. Fans will of course feel right at home and welcome the occasional tweaks and news the game has to offer. It’s just too bad that New Leaf while being a game with lots of content still offers very few surprises.
  3. Aug 26, 2013
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf represents not only the pinnacle of the series, but also the ingenuity of the life simulation genre.