7.8

1. Nov 16, 2011
    I've been putting off this review for quite some time and for good reason. My significant other purchased, played and clobbered the original bit.trip games for the Wii console, and I was looking forward to getting my hands on them as well in the portable format I so greatly prefer. I've actually grown attached to the soundtrack in its entirety, being a fan of some hardcore electronica, glitchcore, and 8-bit symphonic. I don't think I've ever been quite so let down in my life by anything. I've since even played through the originals in the console, and to call them significantly better is somewhat of an understatement. FATE is completely unplayable, since I'm left handed, and no effort to give those like me any chance at it was made whatsoever. Worse yet, it's by far one of my favorites of the series. RUNNER has a similar unplayability. A tiny amount of lag changes much of the timings, and said lag only gets worse as one plays. Even turning off and leaving off the 3D functionality entirely doesn't end it, prevent it or even limit it much. If you want to play the bit.trip series, stick with the Wii version, and pass this up. Just like I said of Sega and the Sonic Classics collection, I say deservedly for bit.trip saga on the 3DS: If you're going to do it, do it right, or just don't do it. Expand

1. Jul 16, 2012
    The mixture of varying styles throughout the entire Bit.Trip Saga package is enough to keep fans of rhythm games content thanks to it proving to be far more than a run-of-the-mill music-based product, instead being a wonderful combination of great tunes and intriguing genre-splicing.
  2. Apr 18, 2012
    Only 6 mini-games in this compilation but if you like Pong and old school experiences, you will be excited to meet the very famous CommanderVideo.
  3. Apr 11, 2012
    Bit.Trip Saga it's not a title on the same, high level of Bit.Trip Complete. Nonetheless, its lack of content can be partially redeemed by the good use of the 3D graphics and the perfect fit in the mobile context.