5.3

1. Apr 11, 2011
    Believe it or not, this was the game I was most looking forward to at launch. This is because my only other experience with the Bust-A-Move series was the stellar DS version (Bust-A-Move DS, not the more recent B-A-M release). The reason I love the DS game so much is it's robust multiplayer options and the fact that you shoot your bubbles via the touch screen like a sling-shot. I expected it to be more of the same, only in 3D, and to have this game for the life of my 3DS system, like I did and do with B-A-M DS.

What I got was a very barebones game with NO touch screen controls and NO multiplayer. The game controls with the D-pad and shoulder buttons, which I assume is how all other B-A-M games control other than the DS version. This would be great if it were all I knew, but it's not. Knowing that there's a much more fun way to play was very deflating. As far as the lack of multiplayer goes, that's a crime. I believe head-to-head has been a part of the series for some time now, and with the great multiplayer offered in the DS version, it seriously just makes me sad because this game is such a wasted opportunity.

On the plus side, it does adequately function as a Bust-A-Move game, and the 3D graphics look cool and colorful. As far as features go, this game is seriously lacking. There are two main game modes and some metals or something to collect for meeting certain criteria. However, these metals do nothing. In closing, stay away from this game at all costs. With Bust-A-Move DS able to be played on your new 3DS system, you'd be better off playing that and enjoying yourself, knowing that the added 3D graphics aren't worth all you'd have to give up.
  2. Jun 9, 2012
    Terrible. Absolutely terrible. The game is very boring and brings nothing new over previous versions. Without any online play capabilities, you will get tired of it very quickly.
  3. Sep 27, 2013
    By far the worst Bust a Move Game ever made. It has less features and content than them dam GAMEBOY COLOUR Bust A move, to say nothing of the Ds or Ps1 games. The Vs computer mode is gone, multilayer is gone, and single player is about a 1/10 of the length it is in other games, without difficulty levels to improve the experience. Every single new mechanic this game introduces is poorly convinced and poorly tested. This game offers absolutely nothing over any other Bust a Move, and its existence is rendered redundant by the DS games. I cannot recommend this game to anyone, unless all the copies of the ds games disappear from existence. Even then, its still outclassed by every other Bust a Move Game. which is just sad. A 3ds game should have more features than a GBC game that is at least a decade older, and shouldn't be so utterly terrible compared to a PS1 game released in 1996. Expand

1. May 28, 2011
    With its lower price point, Bust-A-Move Universe was supposed to be a no-brainer for puzzle fans to pick up alongside their new 3DS consoles. The core of the game is still brilliant in its design and just as addictive as it ever was. However, the lack of modes and the reduction in difficulty has created a title that feels like a huge step backward for the franchise. If you don't mind the lack of multiplayer and are perfectly content with what's available here, try renting Universe. Otherwise, it's best to wait around and see if a new version will rectify the mistakes in this one.
  2. May 23, 2011
    Puzzle Bobble Universe's main faults lie in the lack of content and uninspired 3D effects. However, the gameplay will still be fun and appealing to a lot of gamers, especially those that haven't had the chance to experience a Puzzle Bobble game before.
  3. May 13, 2011