7.3

1. Mar 5, 2013
    This game is AMAZING..
    One of the best looking 3DS game and its a very good mix of OLD eps like Castlevania 3 or 4 and LOS, with some Metroidvania features.
    Its really challenging, you will die a lot before you learn how to beat the ennemies and the QTE are not over-intruisive. The story is ok, but there is a lips synch issue on the cut scene..
    If you ONLY played the Metroidvania, maybe
    you will not like it on first attempt(you will if you get over what you except of such an episode)

Anyway, it's a shame to not at least try this Castlevania before judging it, you will probably miss on of the good exclusive title in 3DS.
  2. Mar 5, 2013
    I'll try to be simple:

i) graphics: 9.5
    ii) sound: 9
    iii) script: 8
    iv) art (if the game has a soul): 10

Castlevania at its best. The game resembles the NES and SNES Castlevanias (in a Lords of Shadows approach, of course). If you have a 3DS, don't miss this excelent game!
  3. Mar 5, 2013
    Plisskin seems like u plagiarized the ign review highly doubt u beat the game yet is it like the old ones no but it doesn't mean it's not good i only been playing for a hour and I'm enjoying the hell out of this game and if u dident like well use your own words to say it plisskin cause this game is a new take done well unlike your new metel revengence assuming your a metel gear fan boring!!!!
  4. Mar 7, 2013
    This feels like CLASSIC castlevania, referring to pre-SOTN era whipping fun. You have the SOTN era castle map as well as the RPG style upgrades that came with SOTN, but each area of the castle is divided up on the main map just like you would see in what were referred to as stages or levels in classic era castlevania. So far I'm enjoying the game, the combos seem repetitious at times, but seeing that it looks like they were trying to convey the classic style castlevania, well, they didn't have combos in those games. You had one move: whip the heck out of anything coming your way. The fact that the conveniences of SOTN and beyond have been incorporated into the game make it more appealing to someone that wouldn't have suffered a thought of going through something like Castlevania or Super Castlevania.

Overall, I like it. I think some of the reviewers may have missed what specifically this game was intending to do. Hell, I could just be reaching with my assumptions, but it seems like a solid fit, and that's satisfying to me. An absolute must for anyone that enjoys the Castlevania of old, Lords of Shadow, Platforming, Action Combat.
  5. Mar 5, 2013
    I have been a castlevania fan for a long time and this game does not disappoint. This has a great story and fluid game play I have no idea why ign has to give great games crap reviews but i have not trusted their reviews since they gave kingdom hearts 2 a bad review. so if your a castlevania fan you have to pick this up asap.
  6. Mar 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fantástico!
    simplesmente muito bom, muito complicado!
    gráficos razoáveis, mas porra e castlevania!!!!!
    E muito bom, so q a expectativa criada era maior!

Muito fantástico!
  7. Mar 5, 2013
    I never quite liked the metroidvania games to begin with. Im not saying they're bad, but the so called hardcore castlevania fans must understand those games are niche, not of a wide appeal. That being said, Im a fan of the original nes-snes castlevanias and castlevania64, and I absolutely loved Lords of shadow. With that in mind, and taking into account how divisive the different castlevania games can be, I can say that to me, and I know Im not alone, this game is exactly what I was expecting, and what I was hoping for: a great 2.5D platformer, in the vein of LoS with elements of those old old school castlenvanias, prior SotN. Great game, but certainly not aimed at the metroidavnia fans, which I think, gives it a much wider appeal and I think that's what konami is going for). Not perfect, but definitely a great start for a new generation of portable castlenvanias. Expand
  8. Mar 6, 2013
    I have to say that I really like it a lot. It really is more like the older NES and SNES Castlevania games I grew up with, and that's not a bad thing at all. I see it as sort of a retro reboot of the series. I know some people wanted it to have more light RPG elements, but honestly, I'm having too much fun with what it is to complain about what it isn't.

Don't listen to the whiney
    Castlevania snobs whose expectations are impossible to please (unless of course you are one If you enjoyed fun, 2D action/adventure games on the NES and SNES back in the day you'll love this. Trust me.

Things I love about it:
    - Killer orchestrated music
    - Fast-paced action
    - Beautiful, varied, and immersive level design
    - Fun and rewarding combat system
    - Sound effects are fantastic
    - Excellent checkpoint system that prevents frustration
    - Compelling storyline
    - Handy note system (add markers on your map with a custom note, so when you get necessary upgrades you'll know where to go to access new areas/items)
    - Solid voicework which gives life to the characters

If this game doesn't look appealing to you then it's probably not what you want. But at least download the demo and try it. If you like the demo I can assure the full game is even better.

Bottom line:
    This is exactly what I've wanted on my 3DS for a long time. I wholeheartedly endorse it.
  9. Mar 7, 2013
    WTF!! with the reviews, its a great game, there is no more metroidvania, but anyways its a great game, a must have game for the 3ds, and a best looking for a handled with and old harware like the 3ds.
  10. Mar 8, 2013
    This is fun action/explore game. I am glad that it has classic gameplay where the players skills are more being tested then a level grindfest of the action RPGs that followed Symphony of the Night. I feel like I am experiencing an adventure not just trying to make my character level up to overpower enemies. This game feels fresh and has nicely executed graphics that gives it a comic book feel. The controls are responsive and feel intuitive to the game play. Play at night in the dark for full effect. Expand
  11. Mar 6, 2013
    If you grew up playing The classic Castlevania games like Draculas Curse, Vampires Kiss, and Super Castlevania IV you'll love this game. If SOTN was your first Castlevania game you'll probably not like it as much. I grew up on both and I love it. It's much darker than other Castlevanias and looks amazing. Dont let IGA purists dissuade you from buying this game. True classic castlevania fans love the Lord of Shadows series, SOTN fans like SOTN and its many clones and are not satisfied unless the dames are structured like SOTN. Expand
  12. Mar 6, 2013
    This game is really great. I haven't been able to put it down. For once I like having a story in a Castlevania. The characters are great, the music, awesome graphics, the gameplay it's excellent. I know a lot of people are bashing this game without a GOOD reason. I've played the old Castlevanias a thousand times, fan of SOTN and I cant tell that this game is AWESOME.
  13. Mar 6, 2013
    Simply an excellent game. I love the way mercury steam do the things. They've refreshed the concept it works great. Graphics, music, story, playability, difficulty, challenge, everything contributes to give you an excinting game. One of the best things that my 3ds console has tasted. Happy with my game.
  14. Mar 7, 2013
    This game is awesome, ist so sad that many give it low score because it isnt another Igavania clone. and WTF metacritic? your forget a lot of critic reviews, Nintendo Insider: 93 IGN:(Germany) 8,0 IGN: (Spain) 90 gamerfuzion: 8.8/10 GameInformer: 8.5/10 playturn: 7.5 Gamestrust: 85 CVG: 8.4 ntower: 9 /10 godisageek: 8/10 sfx.co.uk: 4/5 Zimbio: B- thegamershub: 4,5/5
    huffingtonpost: 4/5
    press-play: 4/5
    tvballa: 4/5
    MComputerandvideogames: 4/ 5
    gadgetshow: 4/5
    Giga: 80
    Eurogamer: 7
    EGM: 6.5/10
    kotaku: "Mof is fun in its own fashion"
    multiplayer: 8.8
    Biogamer Girl: 8/10
    GamersGlobal: 8.5
    gamingtruth 10/10
  15. Mar 10, 2013
    AS the old castelvanias and beyond, new elements, awesome and i mean awesome story, the artistic design and the dialogues are simply unique good, very good graphics, more than proper sounds, and a kick-ass soundtrack honestly from someone that have played old castelvania, this is almost heaven also elements such as the notes it makes you feel really on the environment like a pretty hardcore game also the difficulty makes it delicious honestly the only way to dislike this is if you are who hated the old castelvanias or if you are mad because ps vita has no games. Expand
  16. Mar 8, 2013
    This game is absolutely fantastic! Ignore the IGN review the guy clearly has issues. Try it for yourself you won't be disappointed. The graphics are amazing and combat is fab. Deserves better.
  17. Mar 8, 2013
    Probe el demo y me encanto, ahora con el juego final en mis manos no cambio mi sentido hacia el juego, Mercury Steam el estudio español a venido haciendo las cosas de muy buena manera, Mirror of Fate, un juego como pocos con un gameplay a la altura, mas tirado al hack and slash (tipo gow) pero le sienta muy bien, la historia que tiene atrazs lo mejor sin duda, para los que jugamos el Lords of Shadow sabemos de que hablamos, unos gráficos muy bien echos, no son la gran cosa pero resaltan, Pruebenlo!! Expand
  18. Apr 22, 2013
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate is a FINE new game in the Castlevania series, owing much to what came before the genre modifying SOTN, and it's a nice homage to some old style gameplay of the earlier parts of the series. This game has a depth of humour, an enjoyable script/story, very reasonable voice acting,and a truly awesome soundtrack helping it along. Couple that with engaging gameplay and the fact that this is a graphically superior game compared to some other 3DS titles, and in my opinion, you have a fine, fine game.

It's not an easy game by any means, but perseverence and learning about each enemy makes your battles fast & engaging.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate is NOT the rpg lite that Castlevania SOTN was.
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate is it's own game, and is great for this reason.
    If you want a challenge and to play a wonderful addition to the Castlevania series, this is the game for you.
    Go and buy it now, and help support a talented software developer, who will hopefully then make another one

Gamplay:- 8/10
    Graphics:- 9/10
    Script:- 7/10
    Music:- 10/10
    Design:- 10/10
  19. May 16, 2013
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate (phew) easily deserves a place within the top 3DS games. Everything about the game, from it's ridiculously high production values (stellar graphics, decent voice acting and good quality music) down to its fun cross between action and exploration. The atmosphere in the game is pitch-perfect, running along a rooftop while the moon, clouds and extended view of the castle loom in the background is truly a sight to behold and really sets the game well. However, to find all the secrets a fair amount of back-tracking is required and this can get a little tedious. It's not a hard game, but it is not too easy either (some bosses will take a few attempts). Now, the main aspect of the game really is combat, and thankfully, this does not disappoint, the combination of long and close range attacks combined with the right timing of magic and items really works and is exciting to play. You can only reach a certain level (18) and each level-up gives you a new move to work into your combo, while these are fun, you will inevitably only really use the short range, more powerful attacks. All in all though, this is a fantastic (if slightly flawed) game that most likely will not give much enjoyment to diehard Castlevania fans, but if you're like me and have only played one game in the series before this, Mirror of Fate is ace and is unlike anything else on the 3DS. Awesome, 90/100. Expand
  20. POE
    Mar 19, 2013
    An amazing game. the perfect mix between old Castlevania and New Castlevania. The gameplay is amazing and the 3D effect will make you WOW. Plus: great story with an impeccable twist
  21. May 21, 2013
    The game surprised me, do not understand the bad reviews of some pages. The story is surely the best of the Castlevania series, and mix the three and tie the story to end. The gameplay is excellent, each character with different abilities makes it fun and entertaining all the time. The scenarios are highly detailed and look great in 3 d.
    The only bad thing is a little short, a little over
    10 hours to complete in full.
    If you like action game, don't think it and buy it!
  22. Mar 23, 2013
    Ah the lovely "I gonna bash this, because it's different" guys. The "Fate" of Mirror of Fate is tragic. What we have here is an excellent Action Adventure set in the superb Lords of Shadow Universe. No one ever said this title will gonna be a next Metroidvania. It's not created by Igarashi, it's created by MercurySteam and they have indeed a very unique style.

Mirror of Fate looks
    beautiful on the 3DS. The view is 2D, but it is completely rendered with 3D Models. The same goes for the environment. The depth of the 3D effect also is very nice. The only flaw is, the game slows a bit down with the 3D effect turned on.

The atmosphere is some kind of melancholic, very dark. It is maybe the most dark Castlevania ever made.
    The story is a sequel to the first Lords of Shadow. So it's a complete new interpretation of the Castlevania franchise, set on the new Lords of Shadow Timeline. You will dive deeper in the story of the Belmonts. And yes, fan favourite Alucard is also back.

The fighting is much like the same as we experienced in Lords of Shadow. Most of the time, like in it's predecessor, you won't need so many moves. New moves will unlock after you gain a new level. So, combat is still one of the major flaws in the game. Anyways, bashing creatures in Mirror of Fate is still fun.

Verdict: With an campaign of about 10 hours (about 15 if you unlock every secret to unlock a secret Cutscene), you will definitely have a unique experience. You shouldn't listen to these awful reviews. I'm a big fan of the old Castlevania games also, but I totally love the Lords of Shadow Games. Well, this is not another Symphony of the Night. It is Mirror of Fate. The game totally stands on it's own. Prepare for the final game in the Lords of Shadow saga with Mirror of Fate. You will not regret it. 9/10.
  23. Apr 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. OMG I totally agree! This game is AMAZING! The best 3DS game I've played so far and the best use of the 3D graphics. There's an amazing scene with an evil lesbian that lures Simon into her lair "come closer Simon" before kissing her girlfriend, which gives her the energy to create a force field. Nuts! I'm so surprised this game got a score in the low 70s. Expand
  24. Nov 28, 2013
    Massively under-rated game. These are the best stereo 3D visuals on the system imo. The world really comes to life and there are awesome details everywhere you look.

As mentioned plenty elsewhere, the gameplay isn't exactly classic Castlevania, but I find the platforming really solid, fun, and at times tricky, but not frustrating. The combat feels a bit more like a 2D God of War than
    classic Castlevania, but this also allows for some level of personal mastery by combining air dashes, dodging, blocking, and counters.

Overall, super well done. If you think you might like it, you'll love it.
  25. Jan 5, 2014
    This is how Castlevania should have been. 2D platformer with a lot of challenge and great level design. It's a stepfoward for Konami, this game is good for old and new Castlevania fans, the game have suberb graphics and an amazing soundtrack.
    The only reason that this game is hated it is because it is not "3D KILL EVERYONE ON THE SCREEN BLOOD GORE or "IT'S NOT METROID". If you are a fan
    of 2D plaformers like (the original) Castlevania, Super Mario Bros., you should try this one out; Expand
  26. Sep 17, 2014
    I got to tell you this is a huge step in the right direction for Konami. I mean its been a really long time since there has been a good 2D Castelvania (Harmony of Despair - 2010). This triumphant return to good ol 2D pit jumpen, whip cracken action is just what the doctor ordered.

I'm giving it a 9 because Alucard should ONLY use a sword PERIOD.
  27. Mar 23, 2013

Mirror of Fate looks

1. May 22, 2013
    Mirror of Fate is a good game, but it can disappoint fans used to the Metroidvania formula.
  2. Apr 24, 2013
    It feels like an odd mesh of classic Castlevania, Symphony of the Night, and Lords of Shadow, and like any jack of all trades, it masters none of these elements.
  3. Apr 24, 2013
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate is a game that tries to take the best of both new and old Castlevania but ultimately comes up short all round.