7.7

1. Apr 15, 2014
    This game is a lot of fun! If you enjoy SMT and persona games it is for you. It's part dating sim and part dungeon crawl rpg. Its turn based combat is great and new.

Story is also fun and the characters are adorable as heck. This isn't a game for everyone however, if you don't like RPG's or persona games don't bother getting this game you won't enjoy it at all.
  2. Jun 21, 2014
    The dungeon crawling isn't really great but is alright. This isn't a hardcore rpg like persona(i own 3 and 4), but the dating aspect is good and i like the visual novel and dating aspect the most because the 3ds needs more dating sim visual novel type games whether they're rpg or not. I don't care much about exploring and fighting, I just hope they put out more dating sim games. Any gameThe dungeon crawling isn't really great but is alright. This isn't a hardcore rpg like persona(i own 3 and 4), but the dating aspect is good and i like the visual novel and dating aspect the most because the 3ds needs more dating sim visual novel type games whether they're rpg or not. I don't care much about exploring and fighting, I just hope they put out more dating sim games. Any game that has any kind of dating sim aspect I'll buy no matter what anyone says about how good or bad they think it is. Expand
  3. May 6, 2014
    The game is amazing, mixing Persona 3's dungeon style with the dungeon view of Persona 4. Atlus has truly made an amazing game once again. Not only is the game good, it has major new game plus ability.
  4. Jun 30, 2015
    Quite a long and good game. I personally enjoyed playing through the 50 hour story, and while the dungeons may have been plain, I have to say that everything else wasn't. The story takes a deeper and darker turn later on, which surprised me - and the battle system is really cool! Although it isn't the most difficult game, it does a good job of surprising you with the occasional enemy thatQuite a long and good game. I personally enjoyed playing through the 50 hour story, and while the dungeons may have been plain, I have to say that everything else wasn't. The story takes a deeper and darker turn later on, which surprised me - and the battle system is really cool! Although it isn't the most difficult game, it does a good job of surprising you with the occasional enemy that does more damage than what you expect.

Gameplay: 9/10
    Story: 8/10
    Music: 8.5/10
    Presentation: 8/10
    Length/PostGame: 9/10
    Overall: 8.3/10
  5. May 27, 2014
    Story: 6/10
    - The story was a bit dull at times with several of its elements lacking importance.
    Gameplay: 8/10 - As far as turn-based RPGs go, the mechanics in this game are quite interesting and provide a wide range of customization. Art: 9/10 - The game has pretty anime girls; fans of anime will be pleased. Characters: 7/10 - The characters are interesting at first but end up
    Story: 6/10
    Gameplay: 8/10
    Art: 9/10
    - The game has pretty anime girls; fans of anime will be pleased.
    Characters: 7/10
    - The characters are interesting at first but end up being shallow and predictable towards the end.
    Sound: 8/10
    - I liked the soundtracks; the music is reminiscent of the Persona games.
    Enjoyment: 7/10
    - I enjoyed the game for the most part.
    Sadly, many of the events in the game lacked depth and the ending felt very unrewarding.
  6. May 29, 2014
    Tons of fun. It is a dating sim and a rpg. Would totally recommend to everyone but like kids. The game involves you making kids that fight in battle and getting close to your kinda lovers. Luckily there is a harem ending which is what I am going for.
  7. Nov 2, 2015
    I made an account just to say this: don't trust the 'professional' reviews. They're a load of crap. This is onemof the best 3DS games I've yet to play.

Let me start off by saying that the audience for this game is somewhat limited. It's an anime jrpg / dating sim mix with loads of innuendo and it's 'sexually charged'. Though if you aren't a horny twelve year old this game is unlikely to provide anything more than a bit of pleasant fanservice, and that not commonly. (Unless you use Chloey all the time.) If you're a feminist? This is a harem dating game. Shove off. If you're female? You're unlikely to enjoy it unless you enjoy building relationships with anime girls. For it's target audience, though, this game is amazing. For us guys who enjoy a bit of anime now and then and love character interaction-based jrpgs, this is a godsend.

The rpg combat is decent but not especially amazing. That doesn't matter that much, though, brcause if you're anything like me, you'll be spending most of your time outside of combat reading through the events.

The main part of this game is the dating sim aspect. You're a guy who's been blessed by the Star God (ou're literally referred to as God's Gift) who has an incredible amount of magical energy. Which gives you a 100% conception rate for warrior spirits called Star Children. Kind of cliche, admittedly, but not something I focus that much on. Essentially, there are seven girls who you can make these star children with (who assist you in battle), and the stronger your relationships with them are, the stronger your children are. So it's your goal to improve your relationships to keep getting stronger star children. Also, because there are seven god damn anime waifus, and they're all desirable, and damn it to hell if I'm not going to court one or all of them. The writing is damn good, but seemingly rando ly (some events have it, some don't) coupled with voice acting. For a JRPG the writing is excellent and the only time I felt anything close to cringing was with the sixth girl, who is probably the oddest of them all. Other than that, each girl is well written and provides good emotional material.

Not really much to say other than that. Has a good story, too, which I found compelling. Not so generic save the world quest while you go to a special school for similarly blessed people. Absolutely fantastic game if you like emotionally charged JRPGs.

Sorry if this review is odd, wrote it on a tablet ane have trouble expressing myself when writing this slowly. TL;DR good game, good anime waifus
  8. Aug 22, 2016
    I like very much the history, the gemaplay is awesome to, but not the strongest part of the game, the machanic of creat our only children`s, evolve him, evolve our partners is amazing, i like very much this game.

1. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Sep 23, 2014
    Conception II just offers tedious repetitive fights and a lot of useless features, not mentioning the plot with a predominant theme of teenage promiscuity. As a result, if the endless wandering around the randomly generated dungeons will not force you to throw the cartridge away, then most likely you will be finished off by endless dialogues of "coffee, tea or me" type and discussions on the anatomical aspects. [Oct 2014, p.84]
    It never reaches the quality level of a Persona game; nevertheless Conception II reveals a functional and interesting combat system.
  3. Official Nintendo Magazine UK
    Aug 8, 2014
    Beneath all the psychobabble lies yet another generic RPG obsessed with ogling young girls. [Aug 2014, p.84]