• Publisher: Level 5
  • Release Date: Dec 13, 2012
8.1

1. Feb 5, 2013
    The game is just awsome. II just have to say that it might not be as good to everyone. The game is not perfect, bit I can tell that for that price, you wont find any other game that is as good as this one, graphics look awesome, the story is good, awesome game mechanics.
    If you like classic dice-rolling and good story games, this one is for you.
  2. Mar 8, 2013
    Hands-down my favorite game on the 3DS. It may not have the most content, the best loot, or whatever, but what this game has is heart. It draws you into its world and keeps you coming back for more. My favorite part was playing through new game with stronger monsters, new areas, new loot, new boss fights, and a new ending! This game is a must-buy if you own a 3DS.
  3. Aug 3, 2013
    I am just going to come out and say this; Crimson Shroud is my game of the year. Now, I admit, my tastes probably fall pretty far out of the mainstream, but I genuinely enjoyed this game immensely. Combat is old school turn based RPG fare, but this is the best implementation of that style that I have played since Final Fantasy X. After Final Fantasy XIII, I felt that the idea of an RPG without mazes could never work, but Crimson Shroud totally pulls it off. You don't direct a character around in a typical fashion; instead, you select any room in the dungeon, and your characters go directly there without random battles, it doesn't matter if it is the room next door or three floors away. Now, in order to proceed to the next level, you will have to find the room with the trigger, but that is part of the fun. Several things about the production really grabbed me. The US translation is top notch. There is a lot of text in this game. Every room and item has a detailed description and they are written in a way that really pulled me into the fantasy atmosphere. I also fell in love with the soundtrack, which definitely has a deep Final Fantasy Tactics lineage. I have read other reviewers mention short play throughs of Crimson Shroud, but it took me 12 hours to complete my first time, which is a perfect length for a busy guy like me. Save anywhere also fits well with my lifestyle. This is the game I have been silently begging for for ages. This game feels like an evolution of the original NES Final Fantasy, if they had decided to forget about flashy cinematics and focus on telling a story through limited visuals with solid writing. If the idea of a turn based RPG by the Final Fantasy Tactics team sounds at all interesting to you, I highly recommend you download Crimson Shroud. Expand

1. Sep 17, 2013
    Crimson Shroud is one for the hardened RPG players. The fighting system is good and the story is quite interesting, but sometimes hard to grasp. Add a great fighting system to it and you have a RPG you can enjoy for a long time.
  2. Feb 19, 2013
    If you like classic RPGs and, most important, reading, Crimson Shroud will be your thing.
  3. Feb 9, 2013