Oct 16, 2012Crosswords Plus hides a ton of content, totaling at least several dozen hours. It is a well-made game with a decent amount of variety and a nice feedback loop. If Layton games don't offer enough word puzzles for your liking, then maybe you should cross some words, solve some word searches, and lay out some anagrams on your 3DS.
Mixed or average reviews- based on 7 Ratings
User score distribution:
Positive: 4 out of 4
Mixed: 0 out of 4
Negative: 0 out of 4
Nov 25, 2012This game has a lot in it and it can be challenging to play it's hard with crosswords but you can get a hand of it and the large crosswordsThis game has a lot in it and it can be challenging to play it's hard with crosswords but you can get a hand of it and the large crosswords are not bad also the word searches for small are medium challenging but the large word searchers are hard… Full Review »
Oct 27, 2016Welp... It's a collection of crossword puzzles. There's not much more to it than that. It's a fun, casual game. However, there are a few minorWelp... It's a collection of crossword puzzles. There's not much more to it than that. It's a fun, casual game. However, there are a few minor problems with this title.
1. Sometimes it doesn't recognize your writing. But it is not such a big deal that you'd abandon the game. Just use uppercase letters, and take a bit of care in your writing. (I have pretty bad handwriting by the way.)
2. Navigating through the crossword puzzles is not as slick as it could have been. It doesn't automatically move you to the boxes where you need to be, except if it's left to right. You have to use arrows to move about. You'll get used to it though.
3. The music is generic, and not pleasurable to listen to. It isn't bad. It just doesn't move you. A game like this needs really great music.
4. Not much in the way of 3D. It's extremely minimal. The presentation is plain. Some more 3D effects, and visual creativity to this game would've made it more exciting.
5. The rating system is confusing. You get rankings like 'well done' and 'excellent.' Why not stick to a star system? 1 to 5 stars, or 1 to 3? The compliments they give when you complete a puzzle are nice, but rather vague.
In conclusion: If you like crosswords, and you can get this for a fair price, then pick it up. It's worth around $10 or so.… Full Review »
Jul 23, 2015Crosswords Plus for the Nintendo 3DS is a great word game. It has several different games included: crossword puzzles, anagrams, wordCrosswords Plus for the Nintendo 3DS is a great word game. It has several different games included: crossword puzzles, anagrams, word searches, and Word Paths. Most of the games have easy, medium, and hard difficulty levels to choose from. All in all, there are thousands of puzzles available. While the game is fun and doesn't go overboard in it's presentation, it does have one serious flaw. When in Crossword mode, to write a letter you must write the letter using your stylus on the touchscreen. While more often then not it works, there are some frustrating incidences where the system simply cannot decipher the letter you are writing. This can be very challenging in a game where you are working against a clock. There is also some clunkiness when navigating from vertical to horizontal planes in the crossword puzzles. If the game had a better letter recognition system and easier way to move around the puzzles available, this would be one of the best word games ever made for a handheld console. As it stands, it is a great filler game for any 3DS collection, but certainly won't be the best 3DS game you own.… Full Review »