• Publisher: Koei
  • Release Date: May 24, 2011
8.4

1. May 24, 2011
    The graphics and gameplay are clean, and the storyline mode was actually enjoyable. Internet match mode was simple enough to access and despite early testing reports of framerate issues, I have seen none while running full 3d. If you're only going to have one fighting game in your 3ds library, I recommend this over any other... unless Super Smash Brothers comes out...

All the bounce
    of the previous DOA in the palm of your hand... wait, that sounded dirty. Expand
  2. May 24, 2011
    Don't believe all the graphics hype around this game or the 3DS in general. Sure the character models look great, but the screen resolution holds the system back. Almost every scene in the game or any of the 3DS games I have purchased so far (7 total) are plagued with jaggies. Its a real shame that the system isn't powerful enough to use some form of AA. If your looking for impressive graphics the 3DS isn't it, Its just too bad the NGP won't support 3D because it is impressive. Collapse
  3. May 24, 2011
    Best game on 3ds so far , big fan of dead or Alive this is the best version yet.Loads of modes and tons to do and great graphics for a hand held .Add me if you want to fight on line my Id is mattdeniro and friend code is 0344 9269 4234
  4. Aug 27, 2011
    I've always preferred the simple rock-paper-scissors combat mechanic of DOA games over older fighters like Street Fighter & Tekken. Plus the animation is smoother and the moves don't carry the burden of a 2D legacy as DOA has always been a pure 3D fighter. I also enjoy the wide variety of realistic fighting styles and the destructible, multi-level fighting arenas. While other editions have had more in the way of costumes and there are some stages I'd like to see that aren't in here (though the free downloads may help with this), this is the most complete character roster ever, there are tons of play modes and the controls and smooth and responsive. It looks great for a handheld game (except the colors have odd compression). There's more story here than in any previous DOA game as well. The 3D looks great and they've lowered the difficulty from the previous games, which is a welcome change (especially for younger, less experienced players). It's an impressive game to show off on your 3DS and a blast to play. Most fun you can have on the 3DS right now, IMO. Expand
  5. May 25, 2011
    DOAD is great. 3D effects were far better than expected, way better than SF4. I have both of those and now ill probably trade it SF4. DOA has more DLC than any 3ds game out, dlc literally comes out daily. Touch screen commands more effectiver than SF4. Graphics are way better too. Mass amounts of unlockable content. As well for the street pass battles you can actually watch the fights instead of just check the stats as in SF4. This game is the best 3Ds game out now. Ive worked at gamestop 3.5 years so there is a small chance i may know what im talking about. Too bad it will be a while before more top notch games will come out. Res Evil 3D im looking at you

PS...Phil 4000, your supposed to rate the game not the console. If your so oblivious you cant realize that then there is no point in taking you or your reviews seriously.
  6. Sep 20, 2012
    Am I playing this on a handheld? This is the closest any handheld game that I've played to a console game. Also, I like this way better than DOA4 (can't wait for 5, based on this game). The fighing is still button-mash-like, but that's an ok break from all the technical fighters (although I know this is technical at higher levels). And I love the 3D; it works and doesn't get in the way. SF Alpha 3 Max (psp) will probably remain my all-time favorite handheld fighter, but it doesn't make me feel like I'm playing on a console in 3D like this one. I am so glad I purchased this. Expand
  7. May 26, 2011
    Great game, as usual DOA delivers. I just wish Nintendo had decided to make a more powerful handheld than the original DS instead of insisting on gimmicks. It is really sad when a system can't even handle its primary selling point. In any game I've played so far, if you turn the 3D on the framerate is terrible, turn it off and the game is silky smooth. That's the case here, when the 3D is off the game looks amazing and runs great. Hopefully Nintendo will address this as the platform matures. Aside from that, the only other real issue is laggy multiplayer, but since I primarily play solo anyway it isn't an issue for me. Great fighting engine, great graphics, tons of content spanning the entire series, a good story mode even with a story that is as convoluted as this one's is, tons of modes to play. Probably sacrilage but this is better than Street Fighter IV in my opinion. I dock it a half a point for the 3D and a half a point for the online issues, other than that awesome game. Expand
  8. May 28, 2011
    Love the Dead or Alive series, I thoroughly played all the DOA games over time and this game is a very worthy sequel. The 3d in Dead or Alive Dimensions plays very well but it's not exactly groundbreaking, though its a very neat experience to witness as a Dead or Alive fan. OK!

-the weird*
    Model Viewer not needed and so far from the statues I've gained not very perverted, very hard to
    move around the 3ds to get a 3d shot of the model with the slider up.

"Chronicle" works almost like a tutorial but its a story mode and only way to gain characters.

-what i miss from old DOA that this one does not have

You are not able to damage the opponent some more after a KO. The game just leaves you standing
    No after KO replay.
    No replay mode (which is a shame because the levels are beautiful in this game, large and exquisite)
    No story for each character in arcade
    and No tag team mode.. its hard to compare this game to DOA4 because dead or alive 4 is a perfect online fighting game.

the good!
    The 3d in this game is very cool
    slider down at any time makes the game run smoothly and perfectly and it looks like its running at 60fps.. so much wow factor for a 3ds game.
    ITS DOA ON HANDHELD! its essentially DOA to go! the details they added into this game is amazing. Online in this game is quick and fun! most matches for me run smoothly. Love it.

Did not regret buying this game :)

PS: This game is kind of hard if you go against a pro player. Though once you get how to play, your fights end up becoming intense with so much action! which is why i miss replay mode :|
  9. May 28, 2011
    Great graphics,great gameplay , with the slide pad feesl like a big console game, could have been a little harder but besides that I think it is great, to me the best 3ds game so far
  10. Jul 27, 2011
    This game is a lot of fun, and a great addition to the 3DS's fighting game lineup. But how does it compare to Street Fighter? Watch my review to find out!

11. Apr 12, 2012
    A great game of fight for Nintendo 3DS. It has a clean, powerful and spectacular graphs, is full of options and moves and seems brilliant. The indispensable fighting game for Nintendo 3DS.
  12. Jan 25, 2013
    Unlike Street Fighter 4, which felt somewhat clunky and forced on the 3DS, the control scheme for Dead or Alive just seems to fit handheld gaming. Along with great visuals, active online, and a decent amount of unlockable content, Dead or Alive is the preferable Fighter to own on your 3DS.
  13. Jul 19, 2013
    This game is da bomb. That's right. Da bomb. It has good graffics for the 3ds. A nice controll set with a good easy playable way to controll your character to beat the living crap out of someone.
  14. May 24, 2011

1. Nov 14, 2011
    If you like Dead or Alive and own a 3DS, you will surely be happy with Dead or Alive: Dimensions.
  2. Oct 19, 2011
    Dimensions is a surprisingly good fighter for a handheld platform, full of jiglly graphics and good single player content. Even though my personal pick would be Street Fighter 4, Dead or Alive is still a good purchase. [Aug 2011]
  3. Sep 14, 2011
    Dead or Alive Dimensions does a great job at creating a true Dead or Alive experience on a portable console.