6.1

1. Apr 14, 2013
    Don't let Mickey's console games distract you from his excellent handheld title, if you do you'll be missing out on a nostalgic and excellent platformer. It truly is an extremely well made and charming game. The graphics are gorgeous and is the perfect example of how the 3DS's 3D effect. This is a game in which you'll play with the 3D effect on the entire time. The soundtrack is alsoDon't let Mickey's console games distract you from his excellent handheld title, if you do you'll be missing out on a nostalgic and excellent platformer. It truly is an extremely well made and charming game. The graphics are gorgeous and is the perfect example of how the 3DS's 3D effect. This is a game in which you'll play with the 3D effect on the entire time. The soundtrack is also fantastic. As far as gameplay it's your typical platformer, but it offers a unique painting mechanic that will help you progress through the game. It also offers a decent challenge near the end. You can also find classic Disney characters like Peter Pan and Goofy hidden in levels, and rescuing them grants you access to side missions. However some of these side missions require to go back through an already to collect an item or find a missing character. You get bonuses for completing these side quests and they help extend the overall length of the game, but I ended up just losing interest in them. It's an awesome platformer that I highly recommend, but it does have some issues. The only issues I had was with the games short length, and the final boss battle. The final boss battle just feels cheap due to an outrageous difficulty spike that came out of nowhere. Despite these minor issues the game is fantastic and nostalgic platformer. So much so in fact that if you own a 3DS this is a must play. Expand
  2. Dec 31, 2012
    I think this game is one of the best side scrolling games out there. The touch controls are well thought out and remember that this is a painting game based on drawing and deleting the artwork. I am addicted to saving the Disney characters and following the story as it unfolds. I think this game is under rated and needs to be acknowledged for what it is, a sequel to the best Disney gameI think this game is one of the best side scrolling games out there. The touch controls are well thought out and remember that this is a painting game based on drawing and deleting the artwork. I am addicted to saving the Disney characters and following the story as it unfolds. I think this game is under rated and needs to be acknowledged for what it is, a sequel to the best Disney game from the 80's Mickey Mouse and the Castle of Illusion. This game is a worthy sequel and I give a special thanks to the creators of this game for taking the risk and releasing this game as a tribute to the original. Thank You for this game. Expand
  3. Nov 18, 2012
    Great old school 2D action game, for veteran gamers this game will take you back to the beautiful 2d scenarios with a mix of 3d graphics, the music is also awesome, nearly a must have 3ds game
  4. Nov 20, 2012
    Great game, however it has its flaws, like the incorporation of the mechanic of having to draw, it feels forced, and after a few times it can get repetitive.
  5. Nov 26, 2012
    Power of Illusion is very much a sequel to Castle of Illusion, which is very obvious within 10 minutes of playing it. Not only does it reference it, it goes even deeper than that, though I'll leave that for you to discover so I don't spoil it for you. Some have expressed that they didn't care for the controls, as they felt floaty to them, but I assure you that they're no different if yourPower of Illusion is very much a sequel to Castle of Illusion, which is very obvious within 10 minutes of playing it. Not only does it reference it, it goes even deeper than that, though I'll leave that for you to discover so I don't spoil it for you. Some have expressed that they didn't care for the controls, as they felt floaty to them, but I assure you that they're no different if your memory of Castle of Illusion is clear. I played through a few levels of Castle of Illusion 2 days ago before writing this review to compare and contrast, and I was shocked by how faithful Power of Illusion is to Castle of Illusion. While yes, you do have the paint and thinner mechanic that wasn't in past Illusion games, everything else about this game is a faithful recreation of the gameplay. Also, this game looks absolutely stunning. The 2D art is phenomenal. The 3D effect shows off each layer of this beautiful world. Power of Illusion's quite the looker. I wish there were more 2D games like this these days.

As you can see by my review, I really enjoyed Power of Illusion. I can understand if someone doesn't like the pain & thinner portions since those weren't in past Illusion games, but I think it's unfair to pan an overwhelmingly enjoyable game just because of one thing you didn't like. Open your mind, heart, and go on a trip with Mickey. Give it a chance.
  6. Nov 26, 2012

1. Feb 25, 2013
    A beautifully crafted game on the surface but is ultimately crippled by its core gameplay mechanics and short length.
  2. Jan 28, 2013
    You will get a bitter taste in your mouth of wanting more.
  3. Hyper Magazine