9.2

1. Dec 23, 2013
    This is currently my favourite game on the 3ds and it's one of my favourite games of 2013. The storyline isn't super original and I saw a lot of the twists coming but what really makes the story shine is the well written cast of characters and the conversations that most of them can have between each other. In Awakening you have the option to make the game a lot easier than all the other FE games but i always felt the other games where way too hard for a strategy game noob like me, so I'm glad you have the option to make it easier. There's a ton of levels, lots of characters,multiplayer, street pass battles, lots of extra content and you can even buy DLC so this game will definitely keep you occupied for a long time. Expand
  2. Apr 15, 2013
    The 3DS has announced an impressive line up of games this coming year with Fire Emblem Awakening leading the charge. The successful pairing of accessibility and challenge makes Awakening the first of many upcoming games to make 3DS owners proud.
    The most obvious upgrade is in the presentation. From cute 2d sprites to stylized in-game models, to cinematic CGI cutscenes, this game is
    beautiful. Expect to be turning your 3D on more than usual to see this game in all it's glory. Awakening is one of the best looking games on the 3DS and will be considered such for years to come.
    Gameplay changes are a bit more subtle, but these enhancements are the reason players will log hundreds of hours into the game. The main theme is the connection between units which is found in all aspects of the game. Adjacent units will give extra stat boosts, extra attacks, and even negate damage to the active unit. The traditional "rescue" command is replaced with the similar "pair up" option between units. This not only applies the functionality of "rescue" but turns the two units into one super-unit by combining stats. This mechanic allows for so many strategic options and fun combinations to try depending on the situation. The support mechanic from previous games is still intact and is expanded to the point that your units can get married and have children. Earning support points is fun not only because of the unit augmentation in battle, but the plethora of support conversations are all enjoyable. Players will likely go through the game multiple times to see them all.
    Awakening's story is actually very engaging since players must create their own character and forge their own bonds. The main story line is only slightly over 2 dozen chapters but the side-quests, DLC, co-op battles, random challenges, class changing, and difficulty levels add more than enough to the game's re-playability.
    Fans might be disappointed that player versus player competition has been ousted, there are still redeemable multi-player options in Awakening. By using Streetpass, players can battle an AI controlled version of someone's team. There is also a co-op mode with it's own separate set of missions where players can pair up and take turns as a super-unit.
    There are many accessibility options for newcomers, such as casual mode, but do not confuse accessible with easy. Awakening is still tough to beat, especially at higher difficulty levels. This game can be played hardcore or not depending on the preferred experience an there is fun to be had on both sides.
    3DS owners, Fire Emblem Awakening is a must-buy. You have waited long enough for a game like this. You deserve it.
  3. Sep 2, 2014
    After the Fire Emblem character reveals for Super Smash Bros. for WiiU and 3DS, I really wanted to try out Awakening to see what it was all about. To conclude, I found my favourite game I have ever played.

Fire Emblem : Awakening is a turn-based strategy game, similar format to Pokemon, but much more strategic. While I played the game on Newcomer/Casual mode where units are revived when
    they die, Fire Emblem also allows for Classic Mode, where units die permenately when they are killed in battle. The battles in this game are amazing with their giant battlefield and sheer amount enemies that sometimes out-number your fore by two. But this is what makes the game fun - facing off against something so huge that it almost seems real. Of course that is not the only reason that makes the game fun.

My personal favourite part of the game was the characters : each one is different. From the careful and thoughtful Avatar character Robin, the careless, clumsy Sumia and my personal favourite, badass Lonq'u. And all of the different characters classes as well makes the game that much more in depth... with the opportunity to change a character's class completely OR to master-class them and make them even more powerful.

All the different characters brings me to my next point : the sheer amount of content, particularly the 'Support' section. Characters that work together in battle can build up Support conversations, which give us EVEN more personality to the characters. Through these conversations, male and female units can 'marry' which, when they work together in battle, basically makes them an unstoppable killing machine. Aside from 'Support', you have the option to recruit characters from previous Fire Emblem games, such as Marth or Ike, and battle through StreetPass and recruit EVEN more characters for your army.

The one gripe about this game I have is that in order to win battles, you have to grind... like HAVE to. In particular, side-stories that come along after Chapter 13. You could be let's say Level 15 base class ,after grinding for like at least 2 hours, at this rate but EVERY enemy is AT least Level 5 Master Class. That basically stops you from progressing with extra content if you do not grind your levels.

Also, did I mention this game looks excellent with 3, yes 3, different models for each character. And the environments also look great.

And finally, the story is absolutely fantastic. Most Nintendo games I have played have alright story but the storyline in this game is great and gave me another one of my favourtie characters in Lucina. The game also has you make quick decisions that could impact a lot which is great (although the choice you make does not matter in the long run)

Enthralling game-play, brilliant characters, beautiful graphic, a fantastic storyline and a multitude of features - what more could you want?
  4. Mar 5, 2013
    Best FE in the series? Probably yes! Loved this game from start to finish. Side quest, children system, bonus arena map/ wifi bonus team/ DLC (free and paid), what not to love!!

Highly recommended to any SLG fans!
  5. Mar 13, 2013
    Thiswas my first Fire Emblem game and woah was it an incredible experience. The cutscenes are phenomenal and show off the games gorgeous art style. Battles are fun and tense. Menus and item management is simple, clean, and elegant. Character dialogue is funny, and compelling. The story is wonderful and the game itself is a blast to play. You'll be amazed at how attached you get to your characters, Everyone should play this game, its that good. Expand
  6. Feb 5, 2013
    Simply amazing. Presentation, menus, graphics, gameplay, music and more, this game has it all. I love the sleek new look that they have given everything and the gameplay has gone through a great new reboot. This game is incredibly addicting and doesn't cease to please any hardcore strategy RPG fan. I recommend playing on classic hard mode for your first playthrough, I wouldn't recommend doing casual mode unless that's your thing I guess. All in all, get this game if you have a 3DS. Expand
  7. Dec 29, 2013
    This is probably one of the best handheld games I have ever played, I have logged over 60 hours into the game. The game features impressive use of the 3d technology for the maps as well as fighting cut scenes.

The story is good but predictable. I wasn't as predictable in the beginning, but as I neared the end everything fell into place.

The relationship/support system adds a lot of
    play time to the game, players will want to see all of the support conversations between all of the characters.

The only thing that i disliked about the game was the fact you couldn't verse other players or do the double battles over the internet, you had to be in range of the other player.
  8. Nov 13, 2013
    Fire Emblem: Awakening is practically flawless in its execution as a fun, addictive strategy RPG. If you are looking to get into the series and wish to expand your 3DS library with quality titles, Awakening should not be overlooked.
  9. Aug 7, 2013
    I have always been a fan of the Fire Emblem series and I firmly believed that it is one of the best, if not the best turn based strategy series to date. I was not disappointed with this game at all. It includes a lot of the original strategy elements in the series: weapon triangle, classes with distinct characteristics, weapons. What was new was the support system, marriage+child system and addition of skills through class changes. All of these elements were implemented in a way that made the game have increased replayability and more depth/story development with the characters.

The addition of both classic and casual modes made the game appeal to not only hardcore fire emblem fanatics like myself, but also to someone who just enjoys playing through the story leisurely. There is also a lot of downloadable content to further extend the games replayability and uniqueness. The lunatic modes also offer a great challenge to Fire Emblem vets.

The only complaint I'd have with this game would be the fact that the story is a bit short and the difficulty doesn't scale properly, if you were to follow the story and not do any prologues. There were times where I had to level grind random enemies in order to move on with the story. The characters given to you through recruitment are also a bit underlevelled and become a bit underutilized unless you grind them before you play through the story. It'd make sense if they gave you recruits who are at least somewhat onpar to the enemy in terms of level there's a few characters I got at the end of the game where I hardly got a chance to experiment with before the game ended...stat leveling was also a bit luck based Vaike comes to mind where when I leveled I hardly got any stat points and sometimes I would get a lot this is less of a problem in Hard mode, but in Lunatic, it's just unfair.

Overall a great game, worthy to be called a Fire Emblem game and a great addition to the franchise!
  10. Jul 31, 2013
    Absolutley brilliant game. Tops my 3DS games chart with nearly 80 hours racked up on before finally beating the story mode. The story is pretty good, as are the graphics, but it's the gameplay that really makes this game so good. Incredibly addictive, and tonnes of replayability. Haven't played a Fire Emblem game before, but after this I certainly want more. Easily the best handheld game on the 3DS, and probably the best handheld game ever made. And Fredrick, Cheers Bro. Expand
  11. Jul 20, 2013
    Did you ever want a fire emblem game with endless amounts of battles and experience? Ever didn't like the pressure of losing your comrades in battle for good? How about being able to marry certain couples to each other and having a family? How about being able to recruit some units from past fire emblem games? Or wanting some extra bonus missions? Maybe you’ve wanted to play online versus some other human players? Yes? All that and more awaits in this remarkable Fire Emblem experience! So many characters to choose from each with a unique personality and charms as well as a variety of different classes to chose from. The story is quite long (got a good 15-20 hours’ worth) with a lot of twists that I wasn't expecting at all. For a handheld game it is absolutely mind blowing, the amount of detail, content and fan dedication that went into this just makes it outstanding. It has a ridiculous amount of replay-ability. One of my favorite things about this game is the relationships. You can unlock some interesting dialogues as well as getting certain characters married! And let’s just say marriage has very big benefits. I have easily put in 100hours into this game and I haven't been able to put it down. It is easily the best game I have played on the 3ds, as well as my new favorite game of the Fire Emblem series. If you’re a fan especially of Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn, you will love this game. If you’re looking for a new tactical strategy game to play, then I promise you this game is for you. I am also warning you, this game will be surprisingly addictive. Expand
  12. Feb 27, 2013
    I'm a longtime fan and it's great to see FE evolve yet retain its essence. Intelligent Systems has managed to perfect the classic FE formula while adding new elements as well. They have listened to the fans and provided more character depth and support conversations. The game is more friendly for casual players than ever with the new casual mode and the normal/easy mode. However, Awakening's lunatic mode is a tremendous challenge, even for FE veterans like me. The music is lush, the gameplay is sublime, the presentation is the best on 3ds, honestly I can't find any fault in this game except that it's so addictive you'll be sucked into it and use up all your free game time! If you have a 3ds, don't do yourself the disservice of not playing this game. Expand
  13. Feb 7, 2013
    Truly remarkable game and one of the best games period on the 3DS, this game is the first salvo that the 3DS is launching at the Vita this year, an attack the Vita might not survive in the US. First, it's easily one of the best SRPG's out there. Compounded by the fact that the graphics are absolutely stunning, with the cutscenes easily being the best system is offering right now. The complexity and the strategy needed to keep all your units alive every fight, as once they die they are gone for good, gives the game an added depth. It helps that each unit has it's own personality that makes you care for each of them individually, to the point where having even one of them die in battle is more than enough of a reason to reset it. If you do that you will be resetting pretty often as just one wrong move can put your flyer near an archer and you're done for. Still, it adds much depth to a game that already has a ton of depth to it. This game is easily one of the best on the system and it's going to stay that way for a long time. Every 3DS owner needs to pick this up as it will add a ton of game time to your 3DS, especially if the system has grown kinda stale on you over these past few months. Expand
  14. Apr 28, 2013
    If you're a fan of the series, want to get into them or just like an awesome game; it is IMPERMEABLE, the fact, that you should play this wonder of technology. Almost everything about it is pure perfection. Easily the best Fire Emblem game ever released and apart from OOT (which will always best BGE), the best game for the 3DS up until now (April 2013). The only "complains" someone MIGHT have is some random dialogues (for example I just encountered one about "muscle memory" didn't know muscles had a brain, though they should create a game like that) and the fact that there are limited choices for the creation of a more personal avatar (meaning you may want to create an avatar that looks like a relative, a friend or even a celebrity as I did if you can't achieve creating someone that's like you) Other than those, selective, blemishes this is the absolute SRPG. If you have a 3DS, BUY IT NOW. Expand
  15. Mar 25, 2013
    This game is amazing. The graphics are amazing, which is difficult since it has 3 different art styles. it has these 3D models that you see walk around and in battle animations, it has beautiful 3D anime cut scenes, it has 2D anime characters for dialog, and it has sprites that battle on a 3D open word. This game is hard, but the different settings allow for new comers to play with ease. The characterization is amazing and you feel a connection to almost all of them, and if one of them dies you will be devastated. The gameplay is fun since it is an evolved form of Rock, Paper Scissors. My only gripe is that i wish you could turn perma-death on or off at will and have saving mid battle be turned on or off at will. This game gets a 9.8/10 Expand
  16. Apr 20, 2013
    This game is a must buy, This was the reason i bought a 3ds. Bravo for bringing this to the US. This game has awesome replay value. The DLC makes the already high replay value through the roof. I have 90+ plus across 2 save files. Pros: High Replay Value Highest Difficulties give a real challenge. Lots of customization You can re-roll any playable character in the game. Cons: 3, possibly 5 save slots if you use casual mode saves.
    Certain skills make the game super easy, but later balanced to the harder difficultly
  17. Feb 18, 2013
    Great visuals, large amount of great quality content and lovable characters in a fantastic story. Excellent RPG system in how you can manage a character's growth into a variety of classes while retaining bonuses. This game is both perfect for newcomers and fans of the franchise.
  18. Apr 3, 2013
    I was never really into the Fire Emblem games before now, but this game really changed that, this game is amazing. its got a great story, lovable charters, great maps and challenges,and all sorts of things, 1 of the things i liked really enjoyed about this game was the support ability, the ability to see how your units really get along,(along with marriage if you really try) this also at times provides moments of humor (such as your avatar trying to teach Frederic how to stomach down bear, its more funny than it sounds). However, the thing i liked the most in this game is the ability to use casual mode. which makes it so you don't permanently loose your team when they go down. its also a lot less depressing and makes the game a lot more enjoyable. 1 more feature in this game is the ability to get characters from older Fire emblem games. (like Ike and such) from the bonus box, sure they don't talk or are involved in the story, but its still nice to see familiar face. in short, i would strongly recommend this game to players of rts games, fire emblem fans, and all other gamers alike, it is very enjoyable Expand
  19. Jun 13, 2014
    Es mi juego favorito de 3DS. Estrategia inteligente, divertida y arriesgada. Espectacular grupo de personajes, tanto en carisma como en diseño (perder a algunos será todo un drama). Y una historia muy entretenida y llena de mil posibilidades lo convierten en una joya más para el arcón de oro de la factoría Nintendo.
  20. Feb 5, 2013
    The Fire Emblem you enjoy and loved now only better with awesome improvements. The characters and the story are engaging and well though, the battle system are improved with the Marriage and a much better Support system. The localization was superb, VAs fits the dialogue well, and man do I need to mention the awesome graphics that comes with different art styles? The gorgeous pixel arts. Story, gameplay and graphics. This game is solid. Collapse
  21. Sep 27, 2013
    Short and sweet.
    I've played all the FE's that have been translated and brought to NA.
    This one is the best for many reasons. :)

If you like strategy RPG's and haven't played this game, you are really missing out!
  22. Apr 4, 2014
    This has got to be one of the BEST games I’ve played across ANY platform (I’ve got the Xbox 360, Wii, PC, DS and of course the 3DS)! To know for sure if you like this game, here’s a checklist: 1) Do you like a good story and funny dialogue? Check! 2) Do you like a good RPG? Check! 3) Do you like a good turn-based game? Check! 4) Do you like good originality? Check! 5) Do you like good in-game animation? Check!
    6) Do you like to produce good kids? Check!
    7) All of the above? Check!

Fire Emblem: Awakening covers so much ground it’s no surprise that the appeal is so wide. At its heart, it is a grid-based turn-based strategy game based on some pretty memorable characters with their own strengths and weaknesses depending on their classes such as Swordmaster, Sorcerer, Sage, Dark Mage, Dark Flier, Warrior, Berserker, Archer, Lord and so on. You pick up more characters (all playable!) as the story progresses to join your party. In each mission, you pick a mix of characters to do the mission. Each mission progresses the story but there are other Side Stories and Paralogues – more on that later. The turn-based strategy has a twist – you can PAIR these characters on the maps. Each time you pair them, they can SUPPORT each other in unique ways (such as increasing your main attacker’s attack, defense, avoidance etc., and even come to the defense of the unit!) But we do ourselves an injustice to just call it a “turn-based strategy game” – it’s much much more.

That’s where we come to… child-bearing. Yes, child-bearing. You can pair various characters at every turn, and the more times you pair them, the stronger their relationship becomes. Then in the dialogue part of the game, over time, you get the pairs to talk to each other up to a point where they get married. Once they get married, at some point in the game “Paralogues” open up. These are side-missions specifically related to the kids from these marriages. These kids inherit some of their parents’ (depending who you end up pairing into marriages) skills and stats. And here’s the clincher – you can then enlist any of the kids into your party too and play them as characters!!!

And here’s the part for RPG lovers. As you move on, you can use a Master Seal or Second Seal to change classes or promote within a class for ANY character in your party. And when you change classes, they get to keep the perks they’ve earned. For example, I turn one of my characters Anna into an Assassin to get the “Lethality” perk (chance of one-hit-KO), then changed her class into a Dark Knight to get the “Lifetaker” perk (recover HP by 50% after she defeats an enemy). So as you level up and change classes over time, your characters get stronger and stronger. There is an element of grinding at times – and which RPG game doesn’t have that? But grinding doesn’t feel so bad when the battle animation is SOOOOOOOO good. While I got a bit bored of Pokemon X and Y battle animations after awhile, I have NEVER tired of watching hours of Fire Emblem: Awakening battle animations – it feels so alive and organic that it impresses me even if I’ve seen some of the same moves a 100 times. Especially when there’s those “chance of activating” perks like “Lethality” which is peppered in the usual combat animations. Want the lazy way out (like I did) of too much grinding? Welcome to the DLCs.

While paid DLCs are NOT required for game completion, I highly recommend them. They are of top-notch quality and each of them actually grants you something valuable so it’s actually worth buying. For example one of them grants you a new class, the Dread Fighter. Another DLC grants you a new character. My favourite is the “EXPonential Growth” DLC mission, which eases the pain of levelling up by quite a fair bit. You can buy them in sets of three which is a few dollars cheaper. There’s just SO much replayability that’s added with these DLCs. I’ve probably used “EXPonential Growth” about 100+ times.

The animated cutscenes, although it doesn’t no appear often, are really good. That said, the dialogues in the story are so funny. The story and relationships between characters are really engaging, and at times, real hilarious and worth reading through.

Now I personally hate overly difficult games. This game allows you to tune the difficulty. For example, I play on a casual mode where if the characters get KO’d, they return in the next mission. If you’re in for a challenge, you can go for the “Permadeath” mode where once a character is lost in a mission, he or she is lost forever. Pretty tough especially if you honed and levelled up that character and grown to love it.

If I haven’t already got a 3DS, Fire Emblem: Awakening would’ve done it for me. No game is perfect, but this comes pretty darn close!
  23. Jan 25, 2014
    This is the only Fire Emblem game I played, and I bought it after hearing it was good. But wow, I was really blown away by this game, it's easily one of the best games on the 3DS.

First, the game looks great, the drawn portraits are very well done and show the characters in different varieties of emotion, the actual in game models are still pretty good, but they could've used them
    better.
    The prerendered cutscenes look amazing, I believe it is cel shading, which works very well on the 3DS.

Great cast of voice actors, Kyle Hebert, Liam O'Brien, Laura Bailey, Yuri Lowenthal, Tara Platt, and a lot of other voice actors that aren't in the limelight, but still do a good job.

The gameplay is fun, you can have characters work together on the battlefield to help eachother in combat, and build relationships which improve their strengths when working together. It also provides a relationship system where characters can become friends, or marry eachother. If you're not big into strategy, you might not like it, but I suggest at least giving it a try, I believe there's a demo on the Nintendo eShop.

My only issue with this game is that during the character creation for your Avatar, at least for the males, the choices are pretty limited, you can make him look like a 10 year old, a femme boy, or a really manly man with a chin that would make Leno blush. I admit, it's only a superficial thing, but it just kind of bugs me that there's no happy medium.
  24. Jun 22, 2013
    Fire Emblem Awakening on the 3ds certainly lives up to all the hype. Graphics, Sound, Character development, story line, weapons, magic,tactics, and a very long lasting and ultimately addictive experience overall.

And by addictive I'm talking well over 50hrs of gameplay and you will become genuinely attached to the characters in your team. And lets not forget the replay value of the
    game. As soon as you finish it, you will want to do it all again and pick up those characters you may have missed or indeed lost along the way.

Brilliant.
  25. Mar 24, 2013
    Excellent game across the board. Great strategic depth that stays true to the series classics, an attractive art style, and gorgeous animated sequences make this game a must have for anyone interested in the RPG or Strategy genres.
  26. Dec 17, 2013
    Awesome game. The new pairing system is very interesting and open whole new strategies to the series. Some call it unballanced, probably aren't using the pairings to their favor. LOTS of characters with charisma and fun dialogues. Lots of fan-service too, but it won't get in the way for newcomers. Essential 3DS title. Expect to spend 100+ hours on this beast.
  27. Aug 25, 2013
    Fire Emblem Awakening is a perfect 3DS game of a year, The storyline is amazing, graphics are good. I have been so much enjoyed this game. The boss fights are extremely insane.
  28. Feb 5, 2013
    if you don't like turn based strategy games (valkirya chronicles, ghost recon shadow wars) then read no further, this game isn't for you. other than that, there's not a single negative I can give this game. the turn based strategy system in this game is the best I've ever used. seriously. there is so much to this game it is ridiculous. there are an endless amount of ways to approach each battle and decisions you make in battle will affect your characters and even the story in meaningful ways. if you have a tendency of pairing two ppl up in battle then you can also harness their relationship outside of battle through conversations. also, in classic mode (the way the game is meant to be played) character deaths are permanent and any story branches pertaining to that character and their actions will be gone. this is real decision making (spare me your conversational choose-your-own-adventure BS). the character building system is also very deep. you can level your characters, find dropped weapons for them to use, craft weapons to make them better, forge relationships and even switch their classes. I could go on for hours about this game's amazing depth but that's not what a review is supposed to be about. the last thing I would like to touch on is the graphics. the cut scenes are truly breathtaking and the 3D effects work beautifully. the actual in game graphics are the standard 3DS fare and are more than "good enough" to portray the action. the overall attention to detail and the varied environments make the game a pleasure to look at. the story and characters are all top notch and very engaging. in summary, if you are a turn based strategy fan then you should have bought this game yesterday. if you don't already own a 3DS/3DSXL then go buy the bundle NOW. Expand
  29. Feb 19, 2013
    graphics looks amazing for the 3ds the terrain on the maps looks fantastic and if you turn on 3d all i can say is wow. combat animation is very good you have the option to see your character the auto tilt of the camera angle is really good then pause while they fight turn on the 3d and they looks like a live action figure now for the gameplay is the best in the series if i compare it to the previous game fire emblem awakening to other fire emblem game you will notice the big improvement of the game. the strategy is keep getting better with the new combat system pairing will give you an advantage you can use it in many different way like killing your enemy much faster because when you pair 2 units into 1 you will get stat boos assist boost dual attack and block. correct me if i'm wrong but i think this is the 1st fire emblem game that have an voice acting during combat animation. next up is the classing system and skills wow this thing is amazing on your previous fire emblem game you can do reclassing but not here when you reclass you will go back to level 1 and your stat will remain there is so many potential will your character the weapons i like the new idea of making the weapon actually they holding it instead of the default weapon during their combat animation and not to mention the weapon increase in durability and i like it. the settings on the game also involve in the game play i like the option where you can change voice language skip enemy animation either movement or all you can also disable other animation including healing and dance there is now an option that during your turn you will only have a combat animation your enemy doesn't have. now for the story i'm not yet done with the story mode but i choose hard classic and at chapter 23 i already spend a freaking 80hrs on my save file the reason behind that is i really enjoy grinding when you learn how to grind fast you cant stop doing it ok back to the story the is fine may around average or above because what makes the story is your decision so i don't want spoiler here but i like the story so far in addition the support conversation add a big value into the game my favorite is owain and inigo where owain tell inigo your weapon is suffering it needs a name and then owain said to inigo you should ask your and then inigo cant have the answer because he can't speak sword man that was the funny part other part is sad by the way. last this game is an single player focus i was wondering if this game have an multiplayer where you can fight other player online no i realize it maybe lack of that feature but they did a really good job for a single player game focus there is a multplayer mode but if ever you really fight other army. last the streetpass wow it's only a small portion of data but i find fun because my first victim is may college prof haha street pass enable other view his profile fight him buy item and recruit, there is also spot where they give spotpass team of previous fire emblem game you can fight them recruit or buy an item i use them as grinding spot spot pass also giving free item for now its only tryfrying but maybe we can see many item in the next month, there is also a map right now i can't access it last the avatar log book you can create your avatar into a profile card something you can also recruit your other save file if you make an avatar logbook but it cost you a gold, wait the DLC so far DLC is a big help get the gold pack now while they are 6$ that dlc is totally worht it.
    if your a fire emblem fan get this game best version ever in the fire emblem series for now. if your a fire emblem fan who doesn't have a 3ds you have to buy one trust me the game is very worth playing and addicting. last for all fan of SRPG get this game no need to doubt because if you are new to the series there is a casual mode to play with but a hard core SRPG no doubt i recommend you to start playing classic Normal if you are new to fire emblem for old fire emblem fan go straight to hard or lunatic not casual straight ahead to classic.
  30. Feb 4, 2013
    Great graphics with multiple art styles and a voice acting 2nd only to kid icarus It has the same formula as all the fire emblems you come to love but gives you the choice to play on easy mode so beginners to the franchise can first get used to it then can play it harder, it even receives some great crafted dlc and wireless co-op mode to make t on of the greatest games in the 3ds library, that's allot to say considering you have mario 3d land and kid icarus. Expand
  31. Feb 5, 2013

1. Jun 13, 2013
    A truly excellent tactical role-playing game. [June 2013]
  2. Jun 10, 2013
    Ignore Casual mode, set the difficulty to hard, and enjoy what is arguably the best turn-based strategy game released since Final Fantasy Tactics. [July 2013, p.76]
  3. May 19, 2013
    A great turn-based strategy game surpassing not only its blood-related predecessors but step-brothers and step-sisters of the Advance Wars series as well. Fire Emblem: Awakening is the new benchmark of the genre that is practically uncriticizable. At the moment on Nintendo 3DS there is not a better alternative.