HarmoKnight 3DS

7.6

1. Mar 30, 2013
    Get into this game. A fun rhythm based game with nice catchy tunes that keep you going. HarmoKnight has bright friendly graphics and a less punishing attitude to the player then other rhythm based games. This is a game that wants to be played and wants you to have fun. The character design is crisp, clean, leaning on a more Bust-a-Groove(Enix) style of art mixed with a musical basedGet into this game. A fun rhythm based game with nice catchy tunes that keep you going. HarmoKnight has bright friendly graphics and a less punishing attitude to the player then other rhythm based games. This is a game that wants to be played and wants you to have fun. The character design is crisp, clean, leaning on a more Bust-a-Groove(Enix) style of art mixed with a musical based universe. The controls are responsive and heavy replay value do to self competition. Very content heavy, well worth the money. Expand
  2. Apr 19, 2013
    A very fun and addicting rhythm based running game. although there are moments where it will frustrate, its very fast paced and satisfying with fantastic presentation. Well worth the asking price.
  3. Jul 13, 2013
    A great and addictive rhythm game. Great characters and gameplay, with good replayability if you want to try stages harder and faster. Beautiful looking game too.
  4. May 4, 2013
    This game is great. I downloaded the demo when it came out not expecting very much, but it was Game Freak so it couldn't be that bad. It ended up being awesome. Even with just the demo, it didn't get boring at all. I kept playing, challenging myself to get higher scores. Now I have the full version, and it only gets better. Multiple characters play a part in the gameplay, which makes itThis game is great. I downloaded the demo when it came out not expecting very much, but it was Game Freak so it couldn't be that bad. It ended up being awesome. Even with just the demo, it didn't get boring at all. I kept playing, challenging myself to get higher scores. Now I have the full version, and it only gets better. Multiple characters play a part in the gameplay, which makes it more interesting than just the main character. Though it seems like a lot for a downloadable game, the $15 dollars are worth it considering how much gameplay there is. My only problem is that the side-characters don't get enough screen time. There should be more levels that feature them, and maybe they could have have more unique abilities. Expand
  5. Mar 31, 2013
    This is one of my favorite eshop games. The music is very catchy, and the gameplay is almost completely solid. My only real complaint is that there are some spots where the beat does feel finicky. The note will come slightly early or late. These are few and far between though, so it's not enough to take away from the gameplay.
  6. Jul 17, 2013
    To be honest I liked the game, it's nice, really nice 3D effects, great music, and also (so far at least) interesting characters. What made me not give a 10 to this game is it's learning curve.

For me at least the Learning curve is really unfair. Tutorial levels are easy, the real levels have a good challenge, and then, BOSS battle. In the levels before the boss battle you use only B and A buttons. No problem, you trained to use the B and A buttons in the tutorial. But in the boss battle you have to use the D-Pad. For those of you who played before this type of game this should not be a problem, but for me as a newbie in this type the game is a huge deal.

Well if you are good in this rhythmic games, it's a great game, if you are not experienced rhythmic games like me, well Download the game and give it a try. Maybe you can do well enough to pass the first boss.

I highly recommend everyone to download the demo first. And to give it a shot before buying the game.
  7. Jun 7, 2016
    A fun game and a very good way to introduce yourself to rhythm games.
    If you're good enough you'll unlock some greatly appreciated Easter Eggs from other Game Freak games.

1. Jun 9, 2013
    HarmoKnight is not attractive because of its repetitiveness. All with all it feels like a game on the wrong device.
  2. May 27, 2013
    Its music isn't as catchy as it could be, but this is nonetheless a vibrant little gem of a rhythm game with plenty of replay value; it's easy on the eyes and a joy to play.
  3. Games Master UK