7.6

1. Jul 17, 2013
    To be honest I liked the game, it's nice, really nice 3D effects, great music, and also (so far at least) interesting characters. What made me not give a 10 to this game is it's learning curve.

For me at least the Learning curve is really unfair. Tutorial levels are easy, the real levels have a good challenge, and then, BOSS battle. In the levels before the boss battle you use only
    B and A buttons. No problem, you trained to use the B and A buttons in the tutorial. But in the boss battle you have to use the D-Pad. For those of you who played before this type of game this should not be a problem, but for me as a newbie in this type the game is a huge deal.

Well if you are good in this rhythmic games, it's a great game, if you are not experienced rhythmic games like me, well Download the game and give it a try. Maybe you can do well enough to pass the first boss.

I highly recommend everyone to download the demo first. And to give it a shot before buying the game.
  2. Jul 13, 2013
    A great and addictive rhythm game. Great characters and gameplay, with good replayability if you want to try stages harder and faster. Beautiful looking game too.
  3. Jul 7, 2013
    I always enjoy music games, and this one is no exception. I enjoyed the many various levels and designs, as well as the music in game. The graphics were crisp and the characters' designs were nice to look at. The only issues I have are that the difficulty spike was sudden in the game, I couldn't get the official 'All Perfect' ending, and the jumping drums were finicky. Perhaps I couldn't time it right, but more often than not, whenever I reached a drum, 8 out of 10 times, I end up falling. But the game is still enjoyable, even with those flaws. Expand
  4. May 4, 2013
    This game is great. I downloaded the demo when it came out not expecting very much, but it was Game Freak so it couldn't be that bad. It ended up being awesome. Even with just the demo, it didn't get boring at all. I kept playing, challenging myself to get higher scores. Now I have the full version, and it only gets better. Multiple characters play a part in the gameplay, which makes it more interesting than just the main character. Though it seems like a lot for a downloadable game, the $15 dollars are worth it considering how much gameplay there is. My only problem is that the side-characters don't get enough screen time. There should be more levels that feature them, and maybe they could have have more unique abilities. Expand
  5. Apr 19, 2013
    A very fun and addicting rhythm based running game. although there are moments where it will frustrate, its very fast paced and satisfying with fantastic presentation. Well worth the asking price.
  6. Apr 19, 2013
    HarmoKnight, as the name may suggest, is a rhythm based game, and one of the few non-Pokémon games to be made by Game Freak. You play as Tempo, a young boy training to be a protector of Melodia. One your way to meeting Master Woodwin, you see large meteors falling from the sky, containing evil beings known as Noizoids. After the crash, a monster attacks your friend Tappy the Rabbit. After saving Tappy, you find one of the staffs of Melodia’s protectors, the titular HarmoKnights. You are then tasked to deliver this staff to Princess Ariana, a princess whose voice is said to have the power to cure the darkest of hearts. After reaching the castle, the princess is captured by the leader of the Noizoids, Gargan, who wishes to turn the princess’s voice into a voice of destruction. The story is really brought to life with the excellently hand drawn cutscenes and characters. In each level, you progress on an auto-scrolling stage as you jump and hit enemies to the beat, and everything you do makes half the music. Think BIT.TRIP RUNNER. You will collect Notes as you play through the level, which will decide your rank: So-So, Good, or Great. In addition, you can hold down the attack button to charge up an attack, which will give you bonus Notes, but, in my opinion, this really just breaks up the rhythm. It’s somewhat confusing that they chose Great to be the highest rank. If you do get the Great rating in a stage, you can play a stage in Fast mode to unlock concept art, but the music goes up in pitch, making this mode somewhat annoying. I would’ve at least liked some kind of indicator if you don’t make any mistakes in a stage. Sometimes, you will trade off the controls to one of two other characters: Lyra and Tyko. These characters don’t really change the gameplay much, but they do add their own instruments to the music. However, the transition between characters stops the music, and should be smoother. There are a few different kinds of stages in the game. There are Stadiums, which aren’t very different at all, the Mine Cart, which feels too gimmicky, and, by far the best, Mini-Bosses and Bosses. These feature climactic clashes with hordes of enemies or a stronger enemy. The game will give you the beat, and then you have to copy it. These stages are the most fun and challenging in the game, as they should be. The graphics are nice and charming in style. The enemies and bosses have many small details that bring out the life in this game. Many parts of the environment are immersed with instruments, such as clouds shaped like trumpets, or a saxophone building. The 3-D was barely noticeable, though, save for the extremely well-drawn cutscenes. Last but certainly not least is the music. The music is a wonderful blend of so many genres. Each world contains different iterations of a different theme. There are even some bonus stages containing Pokémon themes. However, the quirky sounds of Melodia don’t mix with the unaltered themes. It was also disappointing to see that there was no music from Game Freak’s other titles Pulseman and Drill Dozer. I would have loved to play to the beat of the 3rd Gear theme. HarmoKnight is an absolute blast to play. It may be a bit pricey, but the game is worth every penny. Despite some irritating gameplay mechanics and being on the short side, HarmoKnight is a game I would recommend to anyone with a 3DS. Expand
  7. Mar 31, 2013
    This is one of my favorite eshop games. The music is very catchy, and the gameplay is almost completely solid. My only real complaint is that there are some spots where the beat does feel finicky. The note will come slightly early or late. These are few and far between though, so it's not enough to take away from the gameplay.
  8. Mar 30, 2013
    Get into this game. A fun rhythm based game with nice catchy tunes that keep you going. HarmoKnight has bright friendly graphics and a less punishing attitude to the player then other rhythm based games. This is a game that wants to be played and wants you to have fun. The character design is crisp, clean, leaning on a more Bust-a-Groove(Enix) style of art mixed with a musical based universe. The controls are responsive and heavy replay value do to self competition. Very content heavy, well worth the money. Expand
  9. Jul 13, 2013

1. Jun 9, 2013
    HarmoKnight is not attractive because of its repetitiveness. All with all it feels like a game on the wrong device.
  2. May 27, 2013
    Its music isn't as catchy as it could be, but this is nonetheless a vibrant little gem of a rhythm game with plenty of replay value; it's easy on the eyes and a joy to play.
  3. May 9, 2013