7.5

1. Aug 9, 2012
    Very good game. an excellent first try to this type of game. I buy this game las month and I'm still playing. very funny and entertaining..............
  2. Jul 17, 2012
    A very cosy game to play while sipping on a coffee relaxing on the couch. Although not gem perfect it achieves the goal of being an intriguing hack n slash on the 3ds. Very fun to play, looking forward to more similar gAmes on the 3ds. The environments draw me in and the monsters are designed beautifully. Can't wait to pop this on the 3ds xl to enjoy greater 3d!
  3. Jul 17, 2012
    Although it has its flaws I am glad that I have bought it. Heroes of ruin is a hack n slash action rpg that takes place in the ruined kingdom of veil. The ruler of nexus which is one of the remaining cities has been laid down by an unknown curse. Your job is to find a cure for the ruinlord ataraxis, the ruler of nexus. Now,first things first many people have complained about the longetivity of the game. It is true that it could have a longer story but dont let that put you off. I finished the game with a lvl 30 gunslinger at 18.42 minutes. I am currently at 84% on the alchitect with 8.13 minutes. I have 45 hours in my activity log and expect to get 80 hours out of HOR altogether.Firstly, to fully maxamise the longetivity try and complete as much daily and weekly quests as possible. This found me revisiting several areas in search of the various creatures which I had to destroy and further added longetivity to the game. These quests will be updated daily for a year so there is no shortage of them. Secondly, before you go into the final dungeon *after rigels treachery* play online with people to reach lvl 30. This is what I did with the gunslinger and it added several extra hours. Then with the valor you collected from the daily challenges buy legendary gear to be the best prepared for the final boss battle, which is truly epic and will leave you thinking for a while. Thirdly and most importantly to lengthen the game, FIND A FRIEND. I met up with this lad through 3ds friendcodes.com and I play with him every chance I get, whether it's leveling up alliance rank or defeating a difficult boss it is rewarding and extremely enjoyable and it really made this game something special for me. It is so easy to find someone to play with on the officail site and I highly recommend this if you want to fully experience what this game has to offer. I have since made even more friends and we play together regularly. The voice chat varies from time to time but with the friends I play with it is fine. Every single boss battle is unique and intuitive, even better when you plan it out with a friend. The four characters are varied enough that you would want to play through with each one. The gameplay is extremely fun and I enjoyed every minute of it. The graphics are a bit of a dissapointment as some areas are muddled but it doesnt overly affect the gameplay. One problem is that the online load time is quite long but you cant fix that. All in all this is a solid action rpg which I enjoyed thoroughly and if you follow my tips you will get many hours of gameplay from it. But a personally I think a friend is NECESSARY to enjoy this game and if you want someone to play with look me up on the officail site under rickeire..pm me:) Expand
  4. Oct 12, 2014
    Graphics: 11/10, Weapons: 12/10, 9/10, 9/10, 8/10, Worry Level: 5/5, Suspense: 6/8, Addiction: 19/10.
    Overall Score: 11/10

addiction{
    Fully Addicted for years to come: 19px;
    }

1. Mar 2, 2013
    Heroes of Ruin is an average game, with much better alternatives out there. The daily challenges are nothing compared to the daily and weekly puzzles found in the Professor Layton games and they do not work as planned. For 3DS owners looking for a game with a lengthy campaign with some form of online play included, there are games that are worthier of the money.
  2. Oct 27, 2012
    Even though it's an enjoyable game, it suffers from a weak challenge. It gets much too easy, much too fast. Finding new weapons is always fun, but some of the point disappears when you don't really need them.
  3. Oct 14, 2012
    Pocket-sized Diablo is by far the best multiplayer game on 3DS. You can't do little Diablo any better than this. The watered-down difficulty level and few control related issues, like inventory, are the biggest downsides of the game. Other than that, Heroes of the Ruin is a fair example, that a PC-exclusive can be ported on the little device as well. [Sept 2012]