• Publisher: Nicalis
  • Release Date: Jan 31, 2013
6.6

1. Feb 7, 2013
    I was hoping for a metroidvania experience (albeit in a short form), but I was displeased by the RPG-esque aspects (dialogs, fetch quests), even in a greater extent than when I was playing Cave Story (still wanted more Cave and less Story in that; maybe I should just stop buying Nicalis' stuff). But if you loved Cave Story and don't mind playing an underwater platformer, you should be fine.
  2. Feb 7, 2013

1. Feb 18, 2013
    Ikachan is a wonderfully crafted game and a fitting homage to the NES era of gaming and to Metroid-esque game design. The art and sound design are wonderful. The gameplay is responsive and fun. The only question is whether one hour of gameplay is enough to justify the asking price. For many the answer will be yes.
  2. Feb 6, 2013
    Ikachan is disturbingly short, but the winning game design and charm might make the $4.99 download worth your time, especially if you’re a fan of Cave Story or Nicalis’ other work.
    Ikachan left me wanting more, and not entirely in a good way. However, it is a curiosity worth discovering for ardent Cave Story fans who have a distaste for the PC platform. If you are set on playing it, the 3DS is the absolute best platform on which to experience it.