Johnny Kung Fu 3DS

4.9

1. Aug 19, 2012
    Johnny Kung Fu is an unusual game, but in my opinion it is actually one of the best 3D downloadable games in the Nintendo Online Shop. Like other reviews mention the game eventually becomes difficult. But it keeps the fun factor together because the difficulty is fair. The game does not cheat, but only requires faster reflexes and more experience. Perhaps some might be annoyed by the firstJohnny Kung Fu is an unusual game, but in my opinion it is actually one of the best 3D downloadable games in the Nintendo Online Shop. Like other reviews mention the game eventually becomes difficult. But it keeps the fun factor together because the difficulty is fair. The game does not cheat, but only requires faster reflexes and more experience. Perhaps some might be annoyed by the first portion of every level which is literally made like a traditional Game & Watch game. You can see the outline of each possible position of the projectile and the main character Johnny. Your job is to figure out the timing and quickly press the buttons.

Johnny Kung Fu has excellent sound and clever use of 3D. I am giving it lower than perfect score because the developers did not attempt to create a story or plot, but just made it like Donkey Kong, where the girl is abducted and the player attempts to save her.
    Also there are no modes besides the main game mode. It would be fun to add a few game modes to alternate gameplay for someone who might need a break from the main campaign.

1. Sep 23, 2012
    If a product wants to bring our memories back to when videogames were just lines and beeps it must offer something to still keep us entertained in 2012. Johnny Kung Fu just doesn't have what it takes. There are a way better options for that price in the e-shop. Don't waste your time with this.
  2. Aug 17, 2012
    Novel and at times rather pretty, yet also banal and ugly, only die-hard fans of LCD games need take on this disappointing downloadable.
  3. Jul 23, 2012
    In the end, I was left with the feeling that Johnny Kung Fu was sold short of its true potential. The basic premise is good, the gameplay (well, half of the gameplay…) is spot on, but sadly, the game is hindered by an unnecessarily brutal spike in difficulty and a repetitive, unrewarding design that makes a game that was once unique and challenging, turn into to a bore of a reaction-time test.