6.4

1. Apr 23, 2013
    This game is very well done. It ambitiously attempts to recreate the large open-world experience which was seen in the Wii U game and does so quite well. I do have a few complaints about the game however. The loading screens; they are few and far apart but when you do get them, they take entirely too long. The combat; all the combat is in this game is "press X to win" which I am not a fanThis game is very well done. It ambitiously attempts to recreate the large open-world experience which was seen in the Wii U game and does so quite well. I do have a few complaints about the game however. The loading screens; they are few and far apart but when you do get them, they take entirely too long. The combat; all the combat is in this game is "press X to win" which I am not a fan of although I realize one of this game's primary demographics is children, so I can't get too upset about that. The vehicle controls; the vehicles in this game are rather wild, difficult to handle, and turn too abruptly which takes a while to adapt to. And finally, the disappointing lack of voice acting; The voice acting in the cut scenes of the game is very well done, but throughout the other 98% of the game when the characters are communicating there is only on-screen text and no voice which leaves the character interaction feeling somewhat empty. Other than those minor problems, Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins is a solid, extremely entertaining game if you are looking for some light-hearted humorous game time. Expand
  2. Jul 4, 2015
    A prequel game to the Wii U game - it does an okay job telling the story of how things came to be, but the technical side of this game was rather poorly handled. I'd have to say that while the game can be fun at times, the flow and fluidity of the fun is interrupted very often with long loading screens, low quality (quality itself) music, and lag present in most all areas. I've gottenA prequel game to the Wii U game - it does an okay job telling the story of how things came to be, but the technical side of this game was rather poorly handled. I'd have to say that while the game can be fun at times, the flow and fluidity of the fun is interrupted very often with long loading screens, low quality (quality itself) music, and lag present in most all areas. I've gotten through 12-15 missions so far (7 hours ish) and it's definitely going to require some willpower to finish. However, it's not exactly a bad game either, so if you're a lego fan looking for a good lego game - this one won't disappoint you too badly.

Gameplay: 7/10
    Story: 7/10
    Music: 6.5/10
    Presentation: 5/10
    Length: 8.5/10
    Overall: 6.5/10

1. Sep 10, 2013
    The Chase Begins makes an effort of being like the Lego City game for the Wii U. Sadly it is quite obvious that the 3DS can’t realise the LEGO universe as well. The city is in itself nice but empty and desolate. Discovering secrets is still as fun as always but the lack of personality and humour halts the Lego games otherwise great sense of immersion.
  2. Jun 10, 2013
    There's plenty to do in LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins, but a lot of it feels like padding for a somewhat disappointing story that will really only appeal to kids.
  3. May 30, 2013
    While technically impressive that so much can be done on the 3DS, Chase Begins covers familiar territory far too soon, the missing touches from the Wii U glaringly obvious.