8.6

1. Mar 24, 2013
    Picked this up with my kid's this morning. They made me get up early and take them to BestBuy as soon as it opened.

They've been glued to our 3DS's ever since. They're just trying the multiplayer right now and are having a blast.
  2. Mar 24, 2013
    It's been years since luigi has got his own game and this is the perfect return.The graphics are so stunning and the characters have a lot of personality the multiplayer is good as well
  3. Mar 24, 2013
    As usual a great Nintendo 1st party entry. Great humor, great gameplay and just pure fun. I have played through Luigis Mansion 2-3 times and love it. This takes what made the original great and expands upon it while not straying to far from the formula. In my eyes that is what makes a sequel truly great.
  4. Mar 24, 2013
    I made an account simply to give a good review for this game. I loved the first game and this one is even better! Its art style is very interesting, and the game play is flawless. The dialogue is pretty funny too.
  5. Mar 27, 2013
    Luigi's mansion is Nintendo in it's best creative shape. The player controls Luigi, that is equipped only with a lantern and a vacuum cleaner, and despise only those two equipments the game never stops to innovate, the puzzles are always fresh and the game never repeats itself. If that weren't enough this game is so funny that keeps the player laughing form the begging to the end like veryLuigi's mansion is Nintendo in it's best creative shape. The player controls Luigi, that is equipped only with a lantern and a vacuum cleaner, and despise only those two equipments the game never stops to innovate, the puzzles are always fresh and the game never repeats itself. If that weren't enough this game is so funny that keeps the player laughing form the begging to the end like very fell games have done so far. The 3D graphics are gorgeous, probably the best ever done for a game and with tons of collectibles and a decent multiplayer it will keeps the player coming back for more. With this game Nintendo showed that still has plenty of gas for working on innovation. Expand
  6. Mar 24, 2013
    The controls are very well implemented, modifying the mechanics a little to make sure it's playable nicely with just one stick. The gameplay is challenging and balanced with the puzzles, which are a little on the easy side.
    On the graphics department, aside from the usual ghosting that is now characteristic of the 3DS hardware, it runs really good, dropping in FPS only when sucking more than 2 ghosts. The game shines in its animations, which are numerous, polished and hilarious to look at.
    With the humming and whistling of Luigi back, as well as some great new tracks, the sound does a great job bringing the atmosphere to life. From around 15 hours of Single Player play time (without getting everything), plus a really interesting and fun multiplayer mode, this game is sure to be worth your buck
    I give this game a 9.5, which I decided to put as 10 in the little bar. Get this game, it's amazing!
  7. Mar 24, 2013
    My thumbs are sore! This game is so much fun it's causing me physical pain. Beautifully rendered and skillfully designed there are few hand held titles that reach this level of excellence. While it's not without some faults and annoyances it's a super solid experience.
  8. Mar 27, 2013
    Turn up the 3D! This game must be experienced in 3D to be fully understood! I turned up the 3D on my new 3DS XL, and the result is a fantastic experience! This game clearly has been polished over the past few years to look great in 3D! The gameplay isn't too bad either sucking up the ghosts is way more fun than I thought it would be. Everything has a charm and humor that you can only getTurn up the 3D! This game must be experienced in 3D to be fully understood! I turned up the 3D on my new 3DS XL, and the result is a fantastic experience! This game clearly has been polished over the past few years to look great in 3D! The gameplay isn't too bad either sucking up the ghosts is way more fun than I thought it would be. Everything has a charm and humor that you can only get with Nintendo characters. Luigi is great I never stop smiling when he is humming along to the music! The music is fun and light and spooky all at the same time. Each mission is about 20-30 minutes, so be sure to have that much time ahead of you before you start a new stage. This is one of those games that should be in every 3DS owner's library! 5/5 stars highly recommended! Expand
  9. Mar 29, 2013
    I have spent about 3 hours with this game and love it! Good to see that Nintendo is at least paying attention to one of its consoles. If you haven't picked it up you should!
  10. Mar 24, 2013
    This game is the funniest thing you are gonna find in the 3DS. If you own a 3DS you must get this game along with 3D Land, because as 3D Land this game was design for the 3DS.
  11. Mar 25, 2013
    Haven't played many 3DS games but when I saw this was coming out I had to pick it up. All in all it's a fun game with puzzles and lots of collectibles. The controls are easy and work perfect, although after an hour or so joystick thumb started to hurt. But that's besides the point, games fun for all ages. My only grip is that I can't freely explore the mansions after i have beaten them,Haven't played many 3DS games but when I saw this was coming out I had to pick it up. All in all it's a fun game with puzzles and lots of collectibles. The controls are easy and work perfect, although after an hour or so joystick thumb started to hurt. But that's besides the point, games fun for all ages. My only grip is that I can't freely explore the mansions after i have beaten them, you have to play through the entire level to collect everything if you've missed somethings. But other then that I'd recommended this. Expand
  12. Mar 24, 2013
    Simply amazing!! Nintendo is on a roll now and this here game just oozes with charm! Excellent graphics, great design, and game play to back it all up. This can sell systems and any fan of video games needs to try this one out.

I'm also going to take a guess that our 0 review friend doesn't even own a 3ds! I hate trolls.
  13. Mar 24, 2013
    Another great Nintendo game that tops the first Luigi's Mansion. They sort of messed up the checkpoint system, there should have been more, but if you have a 3ds this is a must buy.
  14. Mar 25, 2013
    WOW! love the game... it really shows what Nintendo/developers are capable of. Its a must buy for all Mario and Nintendo fans! P.S Multilayer is a blast!
  15. Mar 24, 2013
    This game brings back a lot of happy memories from the original game for the gamecube. The ghosts are charming, and the game play is fun and challenging. The only thing that would make it better would be a second stick so you could turn and use your flashlight and Poltergust
  16. Mar 27, 2013
    Very good game. Brings me back to my childhood on the gamecube playing this game for hours. The graphics are really nice and the idea of multiple houses instead of just one makes it that much better. However there are a few minor problems that can become and annoyance, the overall game is spectacular and worth every penny I paid for it.
  17. Mar 26, 2013
    I never played the original Luigi's mansion on the Gamecube so I wasn't sure what to expect here. To those that don't know, this isn't a 3D Mario game in green clothing. In fact, Mario's signature move, the famous jump, is not even present in this game. This game has very unique mechanics for a Nintendo game and Luigi brings his own personality along to match. The game relies on 2 mainI never played the original Luigi's mansion on the Gamecube so I wasn't sure what to expect here. To those that don't know, this isn't a 3D Mario game in green clothing. In fact, Mario's signature move, the famous jump, is not even present in this game. This game has very unique mechanics for a Nintendo game and Luigi brings his own personality along to match. The game relies on 2 main functions: the vacuum and the flashlight. It is simply amazing the amount of things that you can do with these 2 simple actions. The game introduces you to something new in almost every outing and this keeps the adventure feeling fresh from beginning to end. This is an excellent puzzle game full of charm and should not be missed by any Nintendo fans. This is not the best game on the 3DS but it is certainly in the top 10 in my opinion. Expand
  18. Mar 24, 2013
    Luigi's Mansion for the Gamecube was one of my favorite games on that system. 10 years after its release, a sequel was announced at E3 2011. I have been eagerly anticipating this game since then. Here we are in 2013, and the game has been released. It fully met and exceeded my hype. Gameplay 8/10; The "combat" system isn't much, just shock the ghosts with your flashlight and hold down RLuigi's Mansion for the Gamecube was one of my favorite games on that system. 10 years after its release, a sequel was announced at E3 2011. I have been eagerly anticipating this game since then. Here we are in 2013, and the game has been released. It fully met and exceeded my hype. Gameplay 8/10; The "combat" system isn't much, just shock the ghosts with your flashlight and hold down R to suck the ghosts into your vacuum.. However, the ghosts get increasingly difficult to fight, and boss battles are puzzle-like and extremely fun.
    Story 7/10; The story is basic, but you should expect that from a Luigi's Mansion game.
    Graphics 9/10; This game is the most beautiful game on the 3DS. The developers really toke advantage of the hardware.
    Sound 9/10; The music really helps create the haunted mansion atmosphere. And Luigi's humming from time to time is always funny.
    Overall 33/40, 8.3/10, or 83/100; If you have a 3DS, you owe it to yourself to get this game.
  19. Mar 25, 2013
    I am a huge Nintendo fan and one of my favorite Nintendo franchises is Luigi's Mansion. The gameplay is more fast paced than the previous Luigi's Mansion and the new features are fantastic. The game is very entertaining and the cut scenes are hilarious. The 3d effect in this game is the best I have ever seen on the 3ds. With the very fun story mode and online/local multiplayer this gameI am a huge Nintendo fan and one of my favorite Nintendo franchises is Luigi's Mansion. The gameplay is more fast paced than the previous Luigi's Mansion and the new features are fantastic. The game is very entertaining and the cut scenes are hilarious. The 3d effect in this game is the best I have ever seen on the 3ds. With the very fun story mode and online/local multiplayer this game should keep you entertained for a long time. This game is worth buying a 3ds for. Expand
  20. May 26, 2013
    This is an Amazing game and a faithful to the original, even though there is some things i didn't like
    1. the Stupid mission objectives it takes you out of the game its just dumb! the multiple mansions could be fun the explore but there not all because of this!!!!

2. E. Gadd calling ever second something happens
    3. stupid Ghost dogs!!!

ill give it an 8 just for the stupid missions!!!
  21. Mar 28, 2013
    This is handhald, we need to be able to save often so we can jump in and out of the game. Without that it becomes unplayable, often. I can't pick it up for a quick 10-15 minutes like I need to with handhelds. This kills me. Absolutely kills me. This game is a easy 9 and a possible 10, but with a flaw that often makes it impossible to actually play, it falls such a huge margin, and I'mThis is handhald, we need to be able to save often so we can jump in and out of the game. Without that it becomes unplayable, often. I can't pick it up for a quick 10-15 minutes like I need to with handhelds. This kills me. Absolutely kills me. This game is a easy 9 and a possible 10, but with a flaw that often makes it impossible to actually play, it falls such a huge margin, and I'm forces to play nsmb2, and I'm so bored of that game. Nintendo, never, ever do this again with a handheld. This has the classic nintendo feel, and is completely unique (finally Nintendo, smarten up and make more of this). When I have the time to sit and play as long as I want, it's the most fun I've had on a handheld. Expand
  22. Dec 5, 2013
    This game is really fun... when you're actually able to play it. However, each mission only lets you explore a limited amount of a mansion at once. Also, you're constantly interrupted by message from the Professor telling you what to do. Even when you replay a mission, there's still the same constant interruptions that you've already heard. The mansion bosses are kinda all over the placeThis game is really fun... when you're actually able to play it. However, each mission only lets you explore a limited amount of a mansion at once. Also, you're constantly interrupted by message from the Professor telling you what to do. Even when you replay a mission, there's still the same constant interruptions that you've already heard. The mansion bosses are kinda all over the place in terms of fun and difficulty. There's upgrades you can get for Luigi, but they're all in a fixed order, and you get all of them pretty early on.

Really, the biggest thing to me is that the replay value of the game is killed because there's always stuff in your way preventing you from just exploring a whole mansion at once, and there's always dumb messages from E. Gad that you can't skip over, telling you the same things you already know.
  23. Aug 15, 2013
    The first thing you learn in Luigi's Mansion 2 is 'don't die'. Because dying means being sent back to the beginning of the mission and losing all your progress. You could be 20-30 minutes in then you die and have to do it all again. For me this led to a lack of motivation to complete the game and is the reason it took me quite along time to finish.

Having said that the game is very good

Having said that the game is very good and has a lot of charm. Luigi's mannerisms in this game are hilarious. The way he cowers and creeps about nervously or just the way he says 'hello?' is so amusing. The games mechanics are solid though combating ghosts is never as much fun as the exploring and puzzle solving aspects.

I spent around 19 hours with Luigi's Mansion 2 but never felt compelled to search for all the hidden items and bonus levels so it is quite along game which I enjoyed despite some niggles.
  24. Jul 20, 2013
    Luigi's Mansion has a great atmosphere and fun gameplay, but it gets repetitive after the first few hours. There are good attempts at trying to mix up the enemies that you face, but generally they're not really all that different. The puzzles can be complex and rewarding, but sometimes are too abstract or obscure for you to know what to do. I found myself looking up guides online afterLuigi's Mansion has a great atmosphere and fun gameplay, but it gets repetitive after the first few hours. There are good attempts at trying to mix up the enemies that you face, but generally they're not really all that different. The puzzles can be complex and rewarding, but sometimes are too abstract or obscure for you to know what to do. I found myself looking up guides online after being stuck for half an hour in the same room, only to find out that I had missed some detail that had me saying "How was I supposed to know that?". If you're mildly interested in the game, I recommend picking it up so that you can scratch that itch, but if you're not already convinced you'll love it, you're not missing much by passing it up. Expand
  25. Apr 12, 2013

Nintendo claims 2013 is the year of Luigi, that’s a bold statement to make for the third wheel of Nintendo’s power couple. The first phase of this themed year is the new game in the Luigi’s Mansion series. I have to admit I have never played Luigi’s Mansion on the Gamecube so I came into this game with no bearing on what I was going to experience and no real expectations. I can happily say that Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon impressed me and is another great title in the 3DS lineup.

The best way I can describe this game would be a mashup between a Zelda dungeon and a 3D Mario platforming level, it borrows ideas from both but is still quite unique. One of the high points of the game is the presentation value, the characters are animated smoothly and audio is spot on.

Story: This is a Nintendo game so story is obviously not the selling point. Luigi is once again back as a reluctant ghostbuster after Professor E. Gadd (Ha, I get it) has found that the dark moon has been shattered and the pieces stolen causing all the surrounding ghosts to become hostile. This leads Luigi through five different haunted locales to collect the pieces of the dark moon and pacify the ghosts. It suffers from the overused “something has broken and you have to collect the pieces” idea that is a staple in a vast majority of Nintendo games but gets the job done.

Gameplay: The overall mechanics of the game are simple. Once Luigi is in one of the levels he has to solve puzzles and catch ghosts. Catching the ghosts could best be describe as a fishing minigame, using the Poltergust 5000 you suck them into the vacuum on your back. The Poltergust is also upgradable to make it more powerful which adds some depth to the game.

The second function of the Poltergust is a special rainbow light that can expose hidden objects in the levels. These two functions combine to be the main way to solve the games many puzzles. I found the haunted houses played out like a dungeon in a Zelda game, as you progress you get keys to open up new area’s. It is rewarding and fun.

One problem with the gameplay I had was in the way Luigi crosses beams, it uses the systems gyroscope to balance while crossing (Similar to Uncharted: Drake Fortune). It was way too sensitive leading to a lot of needless falls. I see this mechanic in several games and I never get it, it’s not fun and if you're playing with the 3D on then tilting the system causes the screen to be out of focus.

The boss fights in this game are a treat, they are all very clever and well designed and most importantly are fun to play. Utilizing the environments and figuring out how to cause damage was super fun, I can honestly say these are some of the best, most imaginative boss fights I have played in years.

Apart from the levels objectives there are optional collectibles to find. Each level contains hidden gems and a hidden Boo.The levels are broken into 10-20 minute segments that fit the handheld experience great. The overall challenge is fun but there are times where checkpoints would have been appreciated.

Graphics: This is one of the best looking games on the 3DS. The character models are great and the detail in the movement and animation is stellar. Luigi is brought to life in this game in a way that is rare for Nintendo, he has a vaudevillian way of interacting with the game's environments that was always entertaining. Lighting and shadow effects were also fantastic to create the moody environments.

The level design could have had a bit more variety but that is a small complaint considering they are essentially all haunted houses.

Overall: I really enjoyed Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon, The game is fun and engaging with great puzzles and some of the best boss fights I have played in recent memory. It’s good to see Luigi get some respect and fans of the Mushroom Kingdom will have a small treat at the end of the game that is a long time coming for Luigi. if you have a 3DS and are looking for a fun 12-15 hour experience then look no further than Luigi’s Mansion.

8.0/10

26. Jun 19, 2013
    I feel deceived, somewhere or sometime it said this game was a horror game. This game is not scary at all. I'm docking most of the marks mostly from that fact. Since this game really isn't really comparable to any other titles (except the original), I'd call it highly original and it is also packed with many collectibles which is a positive factor for any game (unless they are a nuisance).I feel deceived, somewhere or sometime it said this game was a horror game. This game is not scary at all. I'm docking most of the marks mostly from that fact. Since this game really isn't really comparable to any other titles (except the original), I'd call it highly original and it is also packed with many collectibles which is a positive factor for any game (unless they are a nuisance). Overall, 8.7/10 Expand
  27. Mar 31, 2013
    Now I do not usually write reviews on games as my opinions might be hated by people. This is an exception as I LOVED the original game and needed to voice why I think this game is equal to/better than the original. Note: I also played the original A LOT. I beat the game 8 times and got the A mansion.

Now, this review won't be divided into too many sections. GAMEPLAY: The gameplay

Now, this review won't be divided into too many sections.

GAMEPLAY:

The gameplay is much more varied than the original game. To fight some ghosts you have to wait at a certain time before you flash them (not taking your clothes off) with the light or use the dark light device on the Boos to reveal where they are. The original was mostly turning your flashlight off then on when the ghost was in the path. The only part I did not like, but am starting to not mind too much, is that you cannot turn around with the light being charged. It is a minor annoyance.

STORY:

The story in this game is just as silly as the original (in a good way). The "Dark Moon" was destroyed by someone (will not say who) and the ghosts went crazy. Then you are called upon by Professor E. Gadd (he makes a return) to help fix the moon. The story is really good in this game.

Those are the two categories I am going to touch on because that is mostly what I personally look for in a Nintendo game (gameplay more than story).
  28. Apr 26, 2013
    awesome game, very much worth the 12 years wait, a must buy for the 3DS, and I wish LM 3 releases for the WII U and soon, maybe 2 years when it more people might bought it
  29. Mar 28, 2013
    I haven't played the Gamecube version so when I bought this I had no idea of what I was getting myself into.After spending the last 4 hours playing this game I can safely say it's fun very,very fun.The game has a great sense of humor,the controls are a bit clunky at first but you'll quickly get used to them and the graphics are fantastic but the best part of this game is Luigi himself.He'sI haven't played the Gamecube version so when I bought this I had no idea of what I was getting myself into.After spending the last 4 hours playing this game I can safely say it's fun very,very fun.The game has a great sense of humor,the controls are a bit clunky at first but you'll quickly get used to them and the graphics are fantastic but the best part of this game is Luigi himself.He's just such a funny and likable character even if he is a scaredy cat Expand
  30. Apr 22, 2013
    Well worth the wait after 12 years. A very fun game and easily one of the best on the system's still small library. The different mansions to explore and multiplayer makes it even better. From a person who really disliked the gamecube game, I highly recommend the sequel.
  31. May 3, 2013
    This is the first Luigi Mansion game I've played and I'm impressed. To be honest I bought it for the digital promotion. I never thought I'd like a platform game like the Luigi Mansion Dark Moon, not even after I tried 15 sec in Best Buy. However when I start from the beginning, when I know how to play, I was deeply attracted to the game. It's fun to play. It has the right amount ofThis is the first Luigi Mansion game I've played and I'm impressed. To be honest I bought it for the digital promotion. I never thought I'd like a platform game like the Luigi Mansion Dark Moon, not even after I tried 15 sec in Best Buy. However when I start from the beginning, when I know how to play, I was deeply attracted to the game. It's fun to play. It has the right amount of challenge, and it's suitable for handheld that you can stop after each quest. Depends on your skill, the quest can take long or short. This is what handheld games should be.

The 3D effect is good too. All the details are polished. Don't miss this great game!
  32. May 24, 2013
    This game is Nintendo at it's best. The animations are fantastic and delightful, the game play is addictive and a blast to play with friends. Much better than the original so if you are a fan of it this is a must buy.
  33. Jul 21, 2013
    Had a lot of potential but wasn't executed as well as I hoped. The gameplay, graphics, story, mansion design, characters, and collectibles are all great. However, the structure of the game is just disappointing. Instead of having missions, where you exit the mansion constantly just to go back in moments later, they should've just allowed you to explore the mansion without forcing you toHad a lot of potential but wasn't executed as well as I hoped. The gameplay, graphics, story, mansion design, characters, and collectibles are all great. However, the structure of the game is just disappointing. Instead of having missions, where you exit the mansion constantly just to go back in moments later, they should've just allowed you to explore the mansion without forcing you to exit every time you complete an objective. Also, E. Gadd becomes very annoying, calling you every 5 seconds when you need to do something. It seems foolish to have you touch the screen to answer him, because if you don't answer him Luigi just stands around. I would've expected something like Luigi looking into the player and telling him to answer the phone or something, but no such thing happened. I appreciate the attempt to bring back Luigi's Mansion, and for the most part it was done expertly well, but the mission based structure ruined the game for me in a sense. Expand
  34. Jul 18, 2013
    Luigi takes the starring role in one of the best 3DS games yet. In this sequel, you explore through five mansions in order to find the pieces of the dark moon to restore order and make the ghosts peaceful again. What make Luigi’s Mansion 2 so unique and special are several things. First off are the hilarious cutscenes- they’re pure silly, but the slapstick comedy in them really made meLuigi takes the starring role in one of the best 3DS games yet. In this sequel, you explore through five mansions in order to find the pieces of the dark moon to restore order and make the ghosts peaceful again. What make Luigi’s Mansion 2 so unique and special are several things. First off are the hilarious cutscenes- they’re pure silly, but the slapstick comedy in them really made me laugh. Nintendo has put in a great amount of effort into making each cutscene funny, magical, and adorable. The 3D effect makes the cutscenes look even better, and spooky in a funny way. The graphics and sound also both excel in conveying the various moods very well. The graphics never fall below the very best standard. They are a treat.
    The gameplay consists of two main elements: battling ghosts with your fancy poltergust 5000 vacuum cleaner, and puzzle-solving. Both elements are very meticulously wound together to create an awesome, solid experience. Fighting ghosts involves first stunning them with your flashlight, then a battle to suck them into the hoover, a bit like fishing, just without the calm. It may sound odd, but when you start, you’re bound to get addicted. Along the way you’ll meet various types of ghosts with various personalities. This helps the game feel fresh and exciting.
    Then there’s the puzzle-solving. In the mansions, you’ll come across contraptions and puzzles that require you to think very carefully about how you use your flashlight and vacuum cleaner. It probably sounds like it gets old very quickly and the puzzles get repetitive, but they don’t. Some of the solutions are just ingenious. There’s another addition called the Darklight, which can find hidden objects (a bit like the lens of truth from Zelda).
    At the end of each mansion there is a boss that requires you to use both your flashlight and Poltergust in clever ways. The boss of the first mansion introduced a genius amount of puzzle-solving, so I was disappointed when the bosses later on didn’t and were simplistic and unmemorable.
    The story mode takes about fifteen hours to complete. And then there’s the multiplayer, which is local and online. There are so many modes, all of which are exciting. The aim is always to complete a floor in a mansion with your teammates and then progress. To complete the floor, you must do different things depending on the mode, for example hunt down all the ghosts in five minutes, or find all the hidden objects. You can specify the amount of floors in the mansion when selecting the settings, and also select the difficulty, and the mode. This extreme flexibility allows for even novices to be able to play. It holds up to four players. You can play online or local. You can play with friends or search for random groups. You can even play on your own. So many options, and so flexible.
    Without the online, Luigi’s Mansion would have been a great game. But with all the other options, it’s a masterful achievement.
  35. Mar 30, 2013
    I'm on the first mansion and loving it. My son is on mansion #3 and thinks the game is great. Only negative is that there is no quick save feature. The golden dog bones really come in handy if you do get killed. Graphics, gameplay, controls, and music are great. Excellent game for those looking to play for 30-45 minutes and then take a break.
  36. Jan 11, 2014
    I purchased this game in the discount bin at the local game shop and I can't put it down. The gameplay is addictive and fun, the graphics are incredibly charming and unique, and Luigi is such a kick ass character. As much as it's supposed to be a "scary" game for Luigi, it is in fact a hilarious game.

The only flaws I see in this are some very very minor frame rate issues, and now and then the controls feel a little cumberson: specifically, not being able to turn while you use the flashlight / vacuum. I guess that just gives it a little bit of extra strategy.

The multiplayer is also incredibly fun, especially because Download Play is an option.

Overall, I have zero regrets with this purchase. Can't recommend it enough!
  37. May 20, 2013
    One of the best 3DS games out there, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is a fun and addictive sequel to the GameCube classic. As per usual in any Nintendo game, there is a lot of charm to spare, with the scaredy cat Luigi going after ghosts using his trusty Polter Gust. Luigi's Mansion though is by no means an easy game and demands the gamer to master its mechanics. Several sections areOne of the best 3DS games out there, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is a fun and addictive sequel to the GameCube classic. As per usual in any Nintendo game, there is a lot of charm to spare, with the scaredy cat Luigi going after ghosts using his trusty Polter Gust. Luigi's Mansion though is by no means an easy game and demands the gamer to master its mechanics. Several sections are difficult to go through for Casuals because of...GASP.. a lack of checkpoints. But once you get the hang of the game's 'rules', you'll be having a blast...with enough original puzzles and situations that challenge all the skill set in your arsenal. A truly great game and another proof that whilst the 3DS is one of the best game system this year. Expand
  38. Jul 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is excellent. One of the best 3DS Games to date. The gameplay is fun and challenging. Capturing all the boos, 3-starring every level and getting all the gems was very difficult. The puzzle were very challenging and satisfying when you finally figured them out.

My only minor problems were that i wish there were more ghosts like the Portrait Ghosts in the original. The only ghosts like those were the Polterpup and the Three Sisters, and that there wasn't a mode where you could just explore the entire mansion outside of a mission, but the last level of each mansion does that well, so it's not a big deal.

If you were having second thoughts about this game, don't. Definitely pick it up!
  39. Apr 1, 2013
    Cute, charming game with lots of personality. Single player and multiplayer are both fun. Individual missions were annoying tho...wish they let you just explore the mansion as a whole. Also the professor interrupting constantly was super annoying too. Game is pretty challenging for a Nintendo game. Overall, a solid game.
  40. May 1, 2013
    There is no excuse. Dark Moon is a must-buy for everyone, no matter how skilled you are at busting ghosts or if you're a fan of a different company's software.
  41. May 25, 2013
    Surely I'm gonna sound totally like a fanboy but this is why I love Nintendo, you can only expect quality from them and this game proves it, I loved the first Luigi's Mansion and I love this one too, really fun game!!
  42. Jun 11, 2013
    Incredible Game, i laughed so much while playing this game that i cried. Luigi's Mansion sure is beautiful, fun and well designed. Nintendo has this unique way of making Games that give you the true Joy of Playing, it sure is a "must buy" for all 3DS owners.
  43. Apr 11, 2013
    Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is mostly very enjoyable, with fun gameplay and a lot of secrets to collect and unlock. My only problem with the game is the mission-based structure, which can be annoying and lead to repetition. If you happen to die in on a mission, any progress you've made and any secrets you've discovered are wiped out. You can lose up to 40 minutes of collecting andLuigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is mostly very enjoyable, with fun gameplay and a lot of secrets to collect and unlock. My only problem with the game is the mission-based structure, which can be annoying and lead to repetition. If you happen to die in on a mission, any progress you've made and any secrets you've discovered are wiped out. You can lose up to 40 minutes of collecting and exploration if this happens. This is the one very annoying part of an otherwise pretty great game. Expand
  44. Apr 9, 2014
    Luigi's Mansion 2 is not only one of the best 3ds games, but one of the best games I have played in a very long time. The great thing about the game are the unique mechanics. There really isn't anything like it. It's a high quality game that every 3DS owner should have. Plus, it's full of that Nintendo charm and will have you smiling the whole way through. On top of that, it's got some funLuigi's Mansion 2 is not only one of the best 3ds games, but one of the best games I have played in a very long time. The great thing about the game are the unique mechanics. There really isn't anything like it. It's a high quality game that every 3DS owner should have. Plus, it's full of that Nintendo charm and will have you smiling the whole way through. On top of that, it's got some fun co-op multiplayer modes in it too.
    10/10 Superb.
  45. Mar 27, 2013
    The only thing that sucks in this game is Luigi
  46. Jun 18, 2013
    The game is just awesome. I love th fact that it's not just one big mansion. Now we get to explore many of them with different environments, enemies, and puzzles. The fact that missions are not really long makes this game an excelent portable game.

Visuals, sound effects, are just great. This game is a must buy.
  47. Apr 26, 2013
    Before I start giving this game the praise it deserves, I feel like I need to mention why Luigi, by far is a better character than Mario will ever be.

Just two reasons: 1. He has his flaws. 2. He has personality. Mario has no personality whatsoever. When I see Luigi get scared to death by ghosts and other stuff he finds scary, it still amuses me even though it's been more than 10

Just two reasons:

1. He has his flaws.
    2. He has personality.

Mario has no personality whatsoever. When I see Luigi get scared to death by ghosts and other stuff he finds scary, it still amuses me even though it's been more than 10 years since that was introduced in the original Luigi's Mansion. Mario, however, never expresses any emotion at all and is a really boring protagonist in my opinion. It's fun to see how in this year, 2013, Luigi is finally getting the praise he deserves for being an actual character.

Anyways, enough of that. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is a fine game. An amazing improvement over the original. It's fun, fresh and I can't stress enough how much I like that this game has more than just one mansion to explore.

One thing I don't really like about this game is the controls. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but when I have my flashlight fully charged, I can't turn around correctly. It's annoying and a pain in the butt. There's also minor framerate issues in this game. Like I said: minor. It has some slowdown every now and then but it's not big deal at all, because most of the time it'll only last a second, and you'll barely even notice it. Or at least I didn't.

Anyways, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is a very nice game overall and I can already tell while I haven't even completed the first mansion yet. The atmosphere in some places is so great, and it really makes you feel like you're actually there. I really reccommend Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, even to those who haven't played the first game.
  48. Apr 2, 2013
    Luigi's Mansion returns, and its just as memorable. The aesthetics are stunning, the characters are great, except E Gadd; he gets really annoying. Its more difficult than the first one, which is a great incentive for veteran players. And the multiplayer is also the most addicting mechanic in the entire game; it really surprised me. The only problem is that its mission based. This notLuigi's Mansion returns, and its just as memorable. The aesthetics are stunning, the characters are great, except E Gadd; he gets really annoying. Its more difficult than the first one, which is a great incentive for veteran players. And the multiplayer is also the most addicting mechanic in the entire game; it really surprised me. The only problem is that its mission based. This not only gets rid of some exploration, but the pacing as well. Nevertheless, Luigi's Mansion is a decent installment of the 3DS and won't kill you to buy it. Expand
  49. Apr 2, 2013
    I have to admit I wasn't exactly looking forward to this one. I didn't play the original, the premise seemed too derivative, and overall I felt it would end up an oversimplified tangent to occupy 3DS owners until more big-name games are released. After a coworker heartily recommended it to me, however, I decided to pick it up. And boy was I wrong.

What sets this game apart from the get

What sets this game apart from the get go is the presentation. Luigi is instantly likeable, with his semi-muteness and scary demeanor, and his interaction with talkative Professor E. Gadd is always a joy to watch. The actual haunted mansions are beautifully rendered, extremely detailed, with an eerie aura of mystery surrounding everything. It's the kind of setting that makes you lose yourself inside a game for hours and hours.
    The gameplay actually lives up to all of that. Capturing ghosts here is a tremendously fun job, helped by the spotless animation. The controls are a bit awkward at first, but eventually grow natural.
    As a downside, some of the collectibles seem too much. Gems and boos are always a blast to track down, but some other achievements... not so much. Case in point: in order to get three stars in a stage, you have to, among other things, complete it as quickly as possible. That really doesn't suit a game about careful exploration, and especially one with such rich environments.

Luckily, that problem is still a long way from marring this amazing game. It seems Luigi, at least for the time being, is the star of the best 3DS game in the Mario franchise. Color me pleasantly surprised.
  50. Mar 30, 2013
    After playing a while into this, I can make judgement over it in a short few words. Mansions are fun and diverse. Puzzles are surprisingly difficult. The animations are fun and will make you laugh. A lot of Charm. Though, the mission element does not really belong here, but at moments, I like it. I am rounding my real score to the closest whole score. 9.5 rounded to 10.
  51. Oct 21, 2013
    Dark Moon is a fun game with unique puzzles and action gameplay. I wish Nintendo permitted more exploration with the mansions and didn't limit the gamer to individual missions. I play my 3ds in short spurts so I struggled to find time to complete a mission or a find a save point. The straight forward "combat" also holds this game back from being great.

Dark Moon is still a good game,

Dark Moon is still a good game, but contains a few areas of needed improvements.
  52. Apr 2, 2013
    From the moment the game arrived, it has been difficult to put down. A combination of skill and puzzles, Luigi's Mansion 2 has so far provided hours of entertainment for me and my two kids. The environments are packed full of detail and surprises, the soundtrack is catchy and some of the animations are hilarious. It's hard to get through each mission without grinning like an idiot orFrom the moment the game arrived, it has been difficult to put down. A combination of skill and puzzles, Luigi's Mansion 2 has so far provided hours of entertainment for me and my two kids. The environments are packed full of detail and surprises, the soundtrack is catchy and some of the animations are hilarious. It's hard to get through each mission without grinning like an idiot or laughing out loud at some point or other.

The TLC that has gone into the mansions and the characters is amazing. In particular, Luigi's animation and voice acting really bring him to life. When his triumphant end-of-mission pose deflates into a dejected slump when he realises it's not over yet, it almost makes me feel bad about taking him through the next round of ghost hunting.

The multiplayer feature is a fun distraction from the main quest, and helps refine those skills needed to tackle some of the more challenging ghosts in the game, with its various levels of difficulty and mission types to choose from.

And it's as well to practice, because the main game doesn't have frequent checkpoints. This means that if Luigi runs out of health, you have to go back to the beginning of the section again and re-do it. Although a minor frustration, at least restarting a mission provides more opportunity to stumble across things previously missed, like treasure (essential for upgrades to the Poltergust 5000), Boos (unlocks bonus levels) and an artifact giving Luigi a single 'continue' option if he loses a life.

I definitely recommend Luigi's Mansion 2 for adults and kids alike. And now I'm off to remind the kids it's my turn to play
  53. Apr 10, 2013
    An amazing achievement! The 3DS game that we've all been waiting for. Brilliant exploration, treasure hunting, puzzle solving, ghost busting adventure through some of the most creative environments ever conceived.

If you have a 3DS there's no reason not to get Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. If you don't have a 3DS, get one so you can play Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon!
  54. Mar 29, 2013
    All great first and second-party Nintendo games need a certain kind of certain magic in it. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, despite the haunted atmosphere, is no expection. It may be difficult in some places, but without them, it wouldn't be a good game. The 3-D is amazing, and the controls are great too. This game is also humorous, which is a plus.
  55. Apr 1, 2013
    the Graphics are great and the gameplay is enjoyable.
    the main drawback in this game is the multyplayer, and a few other minor issues
  56. Apr 6, 2013
    This was a great game, but i missed some of the things that i loved from the first game. The mission based gameplay makes the game a lot easier to follow, i didn't get lost anywhere near as many times and in the original, but took a lot of the exploratory feel out of the game. You're still exploring, but you almost always have a direct destination in sight. Also the portrait ghosts wereThis was a great game, but i missed some of the things that i loved from the first game. The mission based gameplay makes the game a lot easier to follow, i didn't get lost anywhere near as many times and in the original, but took a lot of the exploratory feel out of the game. You're still exploring, but you almost always have a direct destination in sight. Also the portrait ghosts were gone, and a lot of the ghosts they replaced them with, despite having great amounts of character, were rather bland. But they fixed many issues with the first game too, its significantly longer, has good puzzles and any control issues i ever had with the first game are solved (mostly due to the "Strobulb"). My favorite part was the development of luigi's character in this one, after the original game i was hoping we would see his personality more. I love that little green mustachioed man, and i do love this game, but it does have its flaws. Expand
  57. Apr 14, 2013
    This game does a great job of showcasing what the handheld can do. Great graphics and the sounds is amazing when wearing headphones. Nintendo did a wonderful job on this game.
  58. Apr 17, 2013
    Luigi's mansion: Dark Moon is really an entertaining and funny game. More importantly, the controls are surprisingly well implemented; better and easier than the first game on Gamecube. The game encourages you to take your time to explore the beautiful levels. It shows that they took their time to make the game, everything is polished, detailed and charming.
    It is a perfect example of the
    It is a perfect example of the Nintendo magic you search in games.
  59. Apr 24, 2013
    It was fun, and the online multiplayer was excellent, but the story was much to straightforward, and required too little thinking, but the boo hunting was challenging. Also, there weren't enough boss type ghost
  60. Apr 30, 2013
    Luigi is an awesome scaredy-cat. Great game. Playing it with my little brother, we really like it and it is not super easy to complete but is a really good challenge.
  61. ERB
    Aug 29, 2013
    When I mistakenly downloaded this game instead of The Sims I was thinking of deleting this game but then suddenly I mistakenly pressed the start button then the game suddenly opened.So since I have opened the game I will have no choice but to play this game.I was actually and really expecting that this game would be disappointing.And then suddenly I was on my couch playing this game for 6When I mistakenly downloaded this game instead of The Sims I was thinking of deleting this game but then suddenly I mistakenly pressed the start button then the game suddenly opened.So since I have opened the game I will have no choice but to play this game.I was actually and really expecting that this game would be disappointing.And then suddenly I was on my couch playing this game for 6 hours straight and I haven't even noticed it.The game was actually addicting.I mean the super mario galaxy disappointed me to much but this game was different.I was actually interested on this game And most of the mario games I played is so boring but this one is far more better than those mario games.It has an interesting game play and also a very good story.Guys I will tell you this:"This is one of the best 3DS games I have ever played".I like this game! Expand
  62. Jul 6, 2013
    Excelente juego, considerablemente mejor que el original, con bastante contenido, puzzles, montones de elementos "coleccionables" y desafiantes niveles que pueden hacer que uno como jugador se quede horas y horas jugando y pasando niveles. Lo único es que el juego no tenga checkpoints, lo que hace repetir un nivel completo en caso de morir. Hasta el momento es de los mejores juegos de 3DSExcelente juego, considerablemente mejor que el original, con bastante contenido, puzzles, montones de elementos "coleccionables" y desafiantes niveles que pueden hacer que uno como jugador se quede horas y horas jugando y pasando niveles. Lo único es que el juego no tenga checkpoints, lo que hace repetir un nivel completo en caso de morir. Hasta el momento es de los mejores juegos de 3DS y uno obligatorio de tener. Collapse
  63. Jul 25, 2013
    This is definitely one of the year's greatest surprises for me! Never did I expect a Luigi's Mansion title to be this darned fun to play! Loaded with content and a tasty, fun online multiplayer feature, equipped IN FULL with download play so you can gather your friends who don't have the title and still all get to have at it, this game will bring hour upon hours of fun and has just enoughThis is definitely one of the year's greatest surprises for me! Never did I expect a Luigi's Mansion title to be this darned fun to play! Loaded with content and a tasty, fun online multiplayer feature, equipped IN FULL with download play so you can gather your friends who don't have the title and still all get to have at it, this game will bring hour upon hours of fun and has just enough variety and genuine gaming difficulty that will keep you coming back like an addict! Expand
  64. Oct 20, 2013
    It has some of the catchiest music in video games and i love how you go into five different mansions instead of just one. The ghosts are funny too and it has some great boss fights.
  65. Jul 13, 2013
    I love the music, humor and characters of this game, it's very enjoyable. However my only complaint is I don't like the controls, it seems to hurt my right hand after a short enough time of playing and I play my 3DS for a lot of hours a day with other games and haven't had this problem.
  66. Sep 16, 2013
    The game has much more improvements from its predecessor, the mansion inplantacion of 5 instead of a much enlarged the gaming experience, go through dark corridors, have fun with some comedy with ghosts, chasing the tender poltepup among other factors, on your graphics might not be as powerful in the console, but Mr. miyamoto achieving its mission with 3D effect entirely on his musicThe game has much more improvements from its predecessor, the mansion inplantacion of 5 instead of a much enlarged the gaming experience, go through dark corridors, have fun with some comedy with ghosts, chasing the tender poltepup among other factors, on your graphics might not be as powerful in the console, but Mr. miyamoto achieving its mission with 3D effect entirely on his music whether it fits into each corresponding ensenario.
    -the multjugador and online mode is a new inovation to create different challenge with your friends or with people around the world to explore the ScareScraper, but the problem I see is that sometimes the console command line users outside the signal suddenly drops and you'll just have to explore the tower.
    in conclusion if you want to spend good times with a good horror comic would recommend that you play this great game to your 3DS console or 3DSXL.
  67. Aug 12, 2013
    This is without a doubt the best game on the 3DS I've played so far. The only true flaw in this game is the fact it is mission based. But that's a small gripe, overall this game and luigi shine like no other, this game is great in gameplay, story, charm, exploration, and especially exceeds in the fact it has an amazing relatable protagonist luigi. He is clumsy, sloppy, shy, and afraid mostThis is without a doubt the best game on the 3DS I've played so far. The only true flaw in this game is the fact it is mission based. But that's a small gripe, overall this game and luigi shine like no other, this game is great in gameplay, story, charm, exploration, and especially exceeds in the fact it has an amazing relatable protagonist luigi. He is clumsy, sloppy, shy, and afraid most times but overall he goes in and gets the job done knowing he's not getting a princess. But is just doing a good deed to help. Expand
  68. Aug 26, 2013
    It is a pretty good game but it is brought down by its awful pacing and sometimes annoying puzzles which sometimes make it feel more like a point and click adventure.
  69. Apr 7, 2014
    Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon for Nintendo 3DS is one of most fav games ever
    i enjoyed playing story mode, although for this Review i wanted talked about Multplayer
    the Multplayer was very well fun catching ghost and leveling up your poturgust 3000(i think)
  70. Jan 5, 2014
    The graphics are great, the basic gameplay is a solid idea (largely collecting/exploration with battle/capture interspersed), but there are a few failings that really stop this game from being as enjoyable as it could have been. I will preface this review by admitting that I have never played the first Luigi's Mansion. This really was not a problem in terms of following the story orThe graphics are great, the basic gameplay is a solid idea (largely collecting/exploration with battle/capture interspersed), but there are a few failings that really stop this game from being as enjoyable as it could have been. I will preface this review by admitting that I have never played the first Luigi's Mansion. This really was not a problem in terms of following the story or figuring out the gameplay, but perhaps lacking the nostalgia made me able to be a bit more critical of the game as a whole.

The lack of save points (automatic or manual) is likely to be frustrating for both younger and adult players, it leads to times you must replay the same mission a couple of times, which can be tedious, Additionally between missions Luigi is often summoned to and from the manor he is exploring to visit his mentor, when the player is returned to the manor it is back in the front hall, leaving you to navigate the same path back to where you had just been on your last mission,

The controls are not as fluid as they could be, Luigi's mobility can be really limiting when fighting certain enemies.

I did not enjoy this game as much as I expected to. It has charm and value, but I would not label it a "Must Have" game for the 3DS console.
  71. Sep 25, 2013
    the game is really charming. the exploration is as good as ever. the presentation and humor are great and the controls were very well adapted from a typical game controller, to a controller with less buttons and only 1 joystick. the only downside i find on it is the way the game was divided in missions. it was unnecessary and makes the game easier, shorter and more linear. This problemthe game is really charming. the exploration is as good as ever. the presentation and humor are great and the controls were very well adapted from a typical game controller, to a controller with less buttons and only 1 joystick. the only downside i find on it is the way the game was divided in missions. it was unnecessary and makes the game easier, shorter and more linear. This problem has been happening in most of the recent nintendo games. it gets tedious, boring and predictable. in this case it didnt affect much, but the game could have been way better, specially if it had an overworld where you could walk from one mansion to the other, and secret shortcuts through them. Expand
  72. Oct 21, 2013
    This game is great, its fun you get to catch ghosts, new combo, new ghosts, NEW STORY. I have to say, I have no negatives about this game. You could say its flawless. Well... there is one thing bothering me, but not with the game. The bother is the audience. (Call of duty age range 4-12) (Nintendo age range 11-49) See the difference here? That's the only thing bothering me.
  73. Jun 27, 2014
    Well, its better than the first, that's for sure. Brighter colors, better controls, better animation, better levels, but 1 thing was on my mind the entire time I played it: it's more bland than the first one. The ghosts in the first one had better designs, especially the bosses. But that doesn't stop if from being a great game!
  74. Dec 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. No joke this game I should claim this game the god of all 3DS games on the market so far. No major disappointing content, Great graphics, great smoothing music. Plus a nice story that may have been repeated but a lot better. I am surprised on how much greatness this game had to offer unlike 3d land. I love the new features. The strobe light; love everything about it. Help you find clues, hidden areas, and pulterpups the best ghost in the game. The new and improved vacuum and the new ds thing called the dual scream. However this game does not deserve a 10 in the score. Why because after playing the game for 82 something hours you begin to occur some real annoying glitches. Like in the online tower some keys are not present even if there said to be there which end up F...... You up entirely. Also sometimes the ghost glitch and pause randomly and disappear and return. Other than that nothing major but that are in the game. The boss battles on the other hand are worse part to the game there the same ghost. Excluding king boo. This game is doubt the best game on the 3DS just above new leaf and sticker star. Expand
  75. Dec 17, 2013
    An unbelievably fun game. It is a terrific adventure with excellent boss battles. The game has tons of replay value as long as you 100% complete it, every boo, every gem, 3 stars every level. A recommended buy.
  76. Jan 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a good game. The original for gamecube is much better in my opinion though. what i didnt like:
    1. You have to complete mission to save. nuff said, thats not cool
    2. Horrible confusion: i found myself looking forever for what to do, only to find i missed something random with the dark light machine thingy.
    3. Some of the missions are, well, lame. e.g. the one were you go around cleaning up spider webs from the mansion. real fun.
  77. Mar 8, 2014
    This is in ways better and not as good as the original. This one has the great 3d graphics, but in 2d not much is improved. The levels are missions rather than exploring the mansion, which makes it easier for younger players or for inexperienced players but worse for experts and drops some of the original game's charm. The multiplayer is good fun, and if you liked the original you'llThis is in ways better and not as good as the original. This one has the great 3d graphics, but in 2d not much is improved. The levels are missions rather than exploring the mansion, which makes it easier for younger players or for inexperienced players but worse for experts and drops some of the original game's charm. The multiplayer is good fun, and if you liked the original you'll (almost certainly) like this. Expand
  78. Feb 2, 2014
    I totally liked this game's graphics and 3D-effect. The game got many funny parts, which made me smile a lot.
    Gameplay is quite funny, too: You have to explore a bunch of mansions and to capture some boss ghost in each of one. Each mansion is splitted into some missions, which each take you closer to the boss ghost. This is something I don't like, because you cannot save the game while you are playing a mission, and at each mission's end, you'll see a mission complete screen, how much points you got etc. This ruins some of the game's normally great atmosphere.
    When I started playing it, I learned that you can upgrade your vacuum cleaner buy collecting coins. I really liked this idea, but was disappointed after a few hours, when I saw that I have already unlocked all possible upgrades. Additionally, you are not able to choose the order in which those upgrades unlock.
    So after I completed every mission, I put this game aside and not think of ever play it again. It has an extremely low replay value. I have to admit, that I didn't try the Multiplayer, though.

I will give this game a 6, because it was quite fun, beautiful and so on, but it just isn't worth the 45€ I spent for it, because I know I will never play it again.
  79. Mar 4, 2014
    The game is great, the puzzles are super fun to solve. The only problem I had was not collecting enough coins to be abel to upgrade my poltergust. This kept me from finishing the game.
  80. Mar 23, 2014
    One of the most charming 3ds games I've played so far. The story is hilarious yet intriguing, the mechanics are different as well as the style of stages, the puzzles are mildly challenging and very fun and there is plenty for hardcore gamers to enjoy for 100 percentage. The only complaint I have is the motion controls, which I find very unnecessary and hard to use. For example , if I'mOne of the most charming 3ds games I've played so far. The story is hilarious yet intriguing, the mechanics are different as well as the style of stages, the puzzles are mildly challenging and very fun and there is plenty for hardcore gamers to enjoy for 100 percentage. The only complaint I have is the motion controls, which I find very unnecessary and hard to use. For example , if I'm trying to cross a pit on a narrow platform, I'll have to use motion controls that make no sense, and I end up falling about five times every time. Overall, though, a fun and exciting that's guaranteeing enjoyment for all ages. Expand
  81. Jun 25, 2014
    A must-have for 3DS owners. The gameplay is fantastic. There's stuff to explore everywhere. There's always new obstacles to encounter. It's just a blast to play.
  82. Aug 14, 2014
    Luigi's on the spotlights again!!
    amazing gameplay, crazy and creative ideas, brilliant visuals and the sounds are well done and the team obviously considered even the slightest details on this one.

Gameplay: 9.5
    Graphics: 9.5
    Sounds: 10
  83. Aug 8, 2014
    This game is really addicting. But what made me drop one star was that if you lose a SINGLE LEVEL, you have to start it all over again.

All in all, cool game, thanks Nintendo for making!!
  84. Sep 20, 2014
    This was the first game I bought with my 3DS and I could not put it down for weeks. I played through the game and beat the story and then I played every level at least 5 times, checking every nook and cranny for hidden gems and rewards.

If you liked the first game for the Gamecube, you will love this one. Great graphics, great 3D, music is brilliant and the gameplay is of course fun from minute one!
  85. Dec 5, 2014
    The gameplay is amazing,puzzles are inventive and difficulty is just great.I was afraid that since i was a novice this game would be to challgeing but it wasnt i loved it.But sadly you cannot save in the middle of a mission and this makes it slighty worse. Though when i needed to stop the game i just put it into sleep mode. Remove that and its a 10/10
  86. Jul 6, 2013

1. May 31, 2013
    Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon is a stellar sequel to a forgettable classic. Nintendo has refined the formula and made it interesting to fans and even those that didn’t find the appeal behind the original. For those looking for the next great 3DS game, don’t sleep on Luigi’s latest.
  2. May 27, 2013
    If Next Level Games had opted to make Dark Moon more of an open-world experience, granting the player free will to poke around its gloomily graceful environments without continual check-in interruptions, it could have been equated to a minor masterpiece. But the game is still something of a small wonder.
  3. May 22, 2013
    Beautiful, fun, ingenious and unique.