8.6

1. Apr 9, 2014
    Luigi's Mansion 2 is not only one of the best 3ds games, but one of the best games I have played in a very long time. The great thing about the game are the unique mechanics. There really isn't anything like it. It's a high quality game that every 3DS owner should have. Plus, it's full of that Nintendo charm and will have you smiling the whole way through. On top of that, it's got some fun co-op multiplayer modes in it too.
    10/10 Superb.
  2. Apr 7, 2014
    Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon for Nintendo 3DS is one of most fav games ever
    i enjoyed playing story mode, although for this Review i wanted talked about Multplayer
    the Multplayer was very well fun catching ghost and leveling up your poturgust 3000(i think)
  3. Mar 23, 2014
    One of the most charming 3ds games I've played so far. The story is hilarious yet intriguing, the mechanics are different as well as the style of stages, the puzzles are mildly challenging and very fun and there is plenty for hardcore gamers to enjoy for 100 percentage. The only complaint I have is the motion controls, which I find very unnecessary and hard to use. For example , if I'm trying to cross a pit on a narrow platform, I'll have to use motion controls that make no sense, and I end up falling about five times every time. Overall, though, a fun and exciting that's guaranteeing enjoyment for all ages. Expand
  4. Mar 4, 2014
    The game is great, the puzzles are super fun to solve. The only problem I had was not collecting enough coins to be abel to upgrade my poltergust. This kept me from finishing the game.
  5. Jan 11, 2014
    I purchased this game in the discount bin at the local game shop and I can't put it down. The gameplay is addictive and fun, the graphics are incredibly charming and unique, and Luigi is such a kick ass character. As much as it's supposed to be a "scary" game for Luigi, it is in fact a hilarious game.

The only flaws I see in this are some very very minor frame rate issues, and now and
    then the controls feel a little cumberson: specifically, not being able to turn while you use the flashlight / vacuum. I guess that just gives it a little bit of extra strategy.

The multiplayer is also incredibly fun, especially because Download Play is an option.

Overall, I have zero regrets with this purchase. Can't recommend it enough!
  6. Dec 17, 2013
    An unbelievably fun game. It is a terrific adventure with excellent boss battles. The game has tons of replay value as long as you 100% complete it, every boo, every gem, 3 stars every level. A recommended buy.
  7. Dec 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. No joke this game I should claim this game the god of all 3DS games on the market so far. No major disappointing content, Great graphics, great smoothing music. Plus a nice story that may have been repeated but a lot better. I am surprised on how much greatness this game had to offer unlike 3d land. I love the new features. The strobe light; love everything about it. Help you find clues, hidden areas, and pulterpups the best ghost in the game. The new and improved vacuum and the new ds thing called the dual scream. However this game does not deserve a 10 in the score. Why because after playing the game for 82 something hours you begin to occur some real annoying glitches. Like in the online tower some keys are not present even if there said to be there which end up F...... You up entirely. Also sometimes the ghost glitch and pause randomly and disappear and return. Other than that nothing major but that are in the game. The boss battles on the other hand are worse part to the game there the same ghost. Excluding king boo. This game is doubt the best game on the 3DS just above new leaf and sticker star. Expand
  8. Oct 21, 2013
    This game is great, its fun you get to catch ghosts, new combo, new ghosts, NEW STORY. I have to say, I have no negatives about this game. You could say its flawless. Well... there is one thing bothering me, but not with the game. The bother is the audience. (Call of duty age range 4-12) (Nintendo age range 11-49) See the difference here? That's the only thing bothering me.
  9. Sep 25, 2013
    the game is really charming. the exploration is as good as ever. the presentation and humor are great and the controls were very well adapted from a typical game controller, to a controller with less buttons and only 1 joystick. the only downside i find on it is the way the game was divided in missions. it was unnecessary and makes the game easier, shorter and more linear. This problem has been happening in most of the recent nintendo games. it gets tedious, boring and predictable. in this case it didnt affect much, but the game could have been way better, specially if it had an overworld where you could walk from one mansion to the other, and secret shortcuts through them. Expand
  10. Sep 16, 2013
    The game has much more improvements from its predecessor, the mansion inplantacion of 5 instead of a much enlarged the gaming experience, go through dark corridors, have fun with some comedy with ghosts, chasing the tender poltepup among other factors, on your graphics might not be as powerful in the console, but Mr. miyamoto achieving its mission with 3D effect entirely on his music whether it fits into each corresponding ensenario.
    -the multjugador and online mode is a new inovation to create different challenge with your friends or with people around the world to explore the ScareScraper, but the problem I see is that sometimes the console command line users outside the signal suddenly drops and you'll just have to explore the tower.
    in conclusion if you want to spend good times with a good horror comic would recommend that you play this great game to your 3DS console or 3DSXL.
  11. Aug 12, 2013
    This is without a doubt the best game on the 3DS I've played so far. The only true flaw in this game is the fact it is mission based. But that's a small gripe, overall this game and luigi shine like no other, this game is great in gameplay, story, charm, exploration, and especially exceeds in the fact it has an amazing relatable protagonist luigi. He is clumsy, sloppy, shy, and afraid most times but overall he goes in and gets the job done knowing he's not getting a princess. But is just doing a good deed to help. Expand
  12. Jul 18, 2013
    Luigi takes the starring role in one of the best 3DS games yet. In this sequel, you explore through five mansions in order to find the pieces of the dark moon to restore order and make the ghosts peaceful again. What make Luigi’s Mansion 2 so unique and special are several things. First off are the hilarious cutscenes- they’re pure silly, but the slapstick comedy in them really made me laugh. Nintendo has put in a great amount of effort into making each cutscene funny, magical, and adorable. The 3D effect makes the cutscenes look even better, and spooky in a funny way. The graphics and sound also both excel in conveying the various moods very well. The graphics never fall below the very best standard. They are a treat.
    The gameplay consists of two main elements: battling ghosts with your fancy poltergust 5000 vacuum cleaner, and puzzle-solving. Both elements are very meticulously wound together to create an awesome, solid experience. Fighting ghosts involves first stunning them with your flashlight, then a battle to suck them into the hoover, a bit like fishing, just without the calm. It may sound odd, but when you start, you’re bound to get addicted. Along the way you’ll meet various types of ghosts with various personalities. This helps the game feel fresh and exciting.
    Then there’s the puzzle-solving. In the mansions, you’ll come across contraptions and puzzles that require you to think very carefully about how you use your flashlight and vacuum cleaner. It probably sounds like it gets old very quickly and the puzzles get repetitive, but they don’t. Some of the solutions are just ingenious. There’s another addition called the Darklight, which can find hidden objects (a bit like the lens of truth from Zelda).
    At the end of each mansion there is a boss that requires you to use both your flashlight and Poltergust in clever ways. The boss of the first mansion introduced a genius amount of puzzle-solving, so I was disappointed when the bosses later on didn’t and were simplistic and unmemorable.
    The story mode takes about fifteen hours to complete. And then there’s the multiplayer, which is local and online. There are so many modes, all of which are exciting. The aim is always to complete a floor in a mansion with your teammates and then progress. To complete the floor, you must do different things depending on the mode, for example hunt down all the ghosts in five minutes, or find all the hidden objects. You can specify the amount of floors in the mansion when selecting the settings, and also select the difficulty, and the mode. This extreme flexibility allows for even novices to be able to play. It holds up to four players. You can play online or local. You can play with friends or search for random groups. You can even play on your own. So many options, and so flexible.
    Without the online, Luigi’s Mansion would have been a great game. But with all the other options, it’s a masterful achievement.
  13. Jul 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is excellent. One of the best 3DS Games to date. The gameplay is fun and challenging. Capturing all the boos, 3-starring every level and getting all the gems was very difficult. The puzzle were very challenging and satisfying when you finally figured them out.

My only minor problems were that i wish there were more ghosts like the Portrait Ghosts in the original. The only ghosts like those were the Polterpup and the Three Sisters, and that there wasn't a mode where you could just explore the entire mansion outside of a mission, but the last level of each mansion does that well, so it's not a big deal.

If you were having second thoughts about this game, don't. Definitely pick it up!
  14. Jul 6, 2013
    Excelente juego, considerablemente mejor que el original, con bastante contenido, puzzles, montones de elementos "coleccionables" y desafiantes niveles que pueden hacer que uno como jugador se quede horas y horas jugando y pasando niveles. Lo único es que el juego no tenga checkpoints, lo que hace repetir un nivel completo en caso de morir. Hasta el momento es de los mejores juegos de 3DS y uno obligatorio de tener. Expand
  15. Jun 19, 2013
    I feel deceived, somewhere or sometime it said this game was a horror game. This game is not scary at all. I'm docking most of the marks mostly from that fact. Since this game really isn't really comparable to any other titles (except the original), I'd call it highly original and it is also packed with many collectibles which is a positive factor for any game (unless they are a nuisance). Overall, 8.7/10 Expand
  16. Jun 18, 2013
    The game is just awesome. I love th fact that it's not just one big mansion. Now we get to explore many of them with different environments, enemies, and puzzles. The fact that missions are not really long makes this game an excelent portable game.

Visuals, sound effects, are just great. This game is a must buy.
  17. May 25, 2013
    Surely I'm gonna sound totally like a fanboy but this is why I love Nintendo, you can only expect quality from them and this game proves it, I loved the first Luigi's Mansion and I love this one too, really fun game!!
  18. May 24, 2013
    This game is Nintendo at it's best. The animations are fantastic and delightful, the game play is addictive and a blast to play with friends. Much better than the original so if you are a fan of it this is a must buy.
  19. May 20, 2013
    One of the best 3DS games out there, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is a fun and addictive sequel to the GameCube classic. As per usual in any Nintendo game, there is a lot of charm to spare, with the scaredy cat Luigi going after ghosts using his trusty Polter Gust. Luigi's Mansion though is by no means an easy game and demands the gamer to master its mechanics. Several sections are difficult to go through for Casuals because of...GASP.. a lack of checkpoints. But once you get the hang of the game's 'rules', you'll be having a blast...with enough original puzzles and situations that challenge all the skill set in your arsenal. A truly great game and another proof that whilst the 3DS is one of the best game system this year. Expand
  20. May 3, 2013
    This is the first Luigi Mansion game I've played and I'm impressed. To be honest I bought it for the digital promotion. I never thought I'd like a platform game like the Luigi Mansion Dark Moon, not even after I tried 15 sec in Best Buy. However when I start from the beginning, when I know how to play, I was deeply attracted to the game. It's fun to play. It has the right amount of challenge, and it's suitable for handheld that you can stop after each quest. Depends on your skill, the quest can take long or short. This is what handheld games should be.

The 3D effect is good too. All the details are polished. Don't miss this great game!
  21. May 1, 2013
    There is no excuse. Dark Moon is a must-buy for everyone, no matter how skilled you are at busting ghosts or if you're a fan of a different company's software.
  22. Apr 30, 2013
    Luigi is an awesome scaredy-cat. Great game. Playing it with my little brother, we really like it and it is not super easy to complete but is a really good challenge.
  23. Apr 26, 2013
    awesome game, very much worth the 12 years wait, a must buy for the 3DS, and I wish LM 3 releases for the WII U and soon, maybe 2 years when it more people might bought it
  24. Apr 26, 2013
    Before I start giving this game the praise it deserves, I feel like I need to mention why Luigi, by far is a better character than Mario will ever be. Just two reasons: 1. He has his flaws. 2. He has personality. Mario has no personality whatsoever. When I see Luigi get scared to death by ghosts and other stuff he finds scary, it still amuses me even though it's been more than 10 years since that was introduced in the original Luigi's Mansion. Mario, however, never expresses any emotion at all and is a really boring protagonist in my opinion. It's fun to see how in this year, 2013, Luigi is finally getting the praise he deserves for being an actual character.

Anyways, enough of that. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is a fine game. An amazing improvement over the original. It's fun, fresh and I can't stress enough how much I like that this game has more than just one mansion to explore.

One thing I don't really like about this game is the controls. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but when I have my flashlight fully charged, I can't turn around correctly. It's annoying and a pain in the butt. There's also minor framerate issues in this game. Like I said: minor. It has some slowdown every now and then but it's not big deal at all, because most of the time it'll only last a second, and you'll barely even notice it. Or at least I didn't.

Anyways, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is a very nice game overall and I can already tell while I haven't even completed the first mansion yet. The atmosphere in some places is so great, and it really makes you feel like you're actually there. I really reccommend Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, even to those who haven't played the first game.
  25. Apr 22, 2013
    Well worth the wait after 12 years. A very fun game and easily one of the best on the system's still small library. The different mansions to explore and multiplayer makes it even better. From a person who really disliked the gamecube game, I highly recommend the sequel.
  26. Apr 17, 2013
    Luigi's mansion: Dark Moon is really an entertaining and funny game. More importantly, the controls are surprisingly well implemented; better and easier than the first game on Gamecube. The game encourages you to take your time to explore the beautiful levels. It shows that they took their time to make the game, everything is polished, detailed and charming.
    It is a perfect example of the
    Nintendo magic you search in games. Expand
  27. Apr 14, 2013
    This game does a great job of showcasing what the handheld can do. Great graphics and the sounds is amazing when wearing headphones. Nintendo did a wonderful job on this game.
  28. Apr 10, 2013
    An amazing achievement! The 3DS game that we've all been waiting for. Brilliant exploration, treasure hunting, puzzle solving, ghost busting adventure through some of the most creative environments ever conceived.

If you have a 3DS there's no reason not to get Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. If you don't have a 3DS, get one so you can play Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon!
  29. Apr 2, 2013
    I have to admit I wasn't exactly looking forward to this one. I didn't play the original, the premise seemed too derivative, and overall I felt it would end up an oversimplified tangent to occupy 3DS owners until more big-name games are released. After a coworker heartily recommended it to me, however, I decided to pick it up. And boy was I wrong.

What sets this game apart from the get
    go is the presentation. Luigi is instantly likeable, with his semi-muteness and scary demeanor, and his interaction with talkative Professor E. Gadd is always a joy to watch. The actual haunted mansions are beautifully rendered, extremely detailed, with an eerie aura of mystery surrounding everything. It's the kind of setting that makes you lose yourself inside a game for hours and hours.
    The gameplay actually lives up to all of that. Capturing ghosts here is a tremendously fun job, helped by the spotless animation. The controls are a bit awkward at first, but eventually grow natural.
    As a downside, some of the collectibles seem too much. Gems and boos are always a blast to track down, but some other achievements... not so much. Case in point: in order to get three stars in a stage, you have to, among other things, complete it as quickly as possible. That really doesn't suit a game about careful exploration, and especially one with such rich environments.

Luckily, that problem is still a long way from marring this amazing game. It seems Luigi, at least for the time being, is the star of the best 3DS game in the Mario franchise. Color me pleasantly surprised.
  30. Apr 2, 2013
    From the moment the game arrived, it has been difficult to put down. A combination of skill and puzzles, Luigi's Mansion 2 has so far provided hours of entertainment for me and my two kids. The environments are packed full of detail and surprises, the soundtrack is catchy and some of the animations are hilarious. It's hard to get through each mission without grinning like an idiot or laughing out loud at some point or other.

The TLC that has gone into the mansions and the characters is amazing. In particular, Luigi's animation and voice acting really bring him to life. When his triumphant end-of-mission pose deflates into a dejected slump when he realises it's not over yet, it almost makes me feel bad about taking him through the next round of ghost hunting.

The multiplayer feature is a fun distraction from the main quest, and helps refine those skills needed to tackle some of the more challenging ghosts in the game, with its various levels of difficulty and mission types to choose from.

And it's as well to practice, because the main game doesn't have frequent checkpoints. This means that if Luigi runs out of health, you have to go back to the beginning of the section again and re-do it. Although a minor frustration, at least restarting a mission provides more opportunity to stumble across things previously missed, like treasure (essential for upgrades to the Poltergust 5000), Boos (unlocks bonus levels) and an artifact giving Luigi a single 'continue' option if he loses a life.

I definitely recommend Luigi's Mansion 2 for adults and kids alike. And now I'm off to remind the kids it's my turn to play

1. May 31, 2013
    Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon is a stellar sequel to a forgettable classic. Nintendo has refined the formula and made it interesting to fans and even those that didn’t find the appeal behind the original. For those looking for the next great 3DS game, don’t sleep on Luigi’s latest.
  2. May 27, 2013
    If Next Level Games had opted to make Dark Moon more of an open-world experience, granting the player free will to poke around its gloomily graceful environments without continual check-in interruptions, it could have been equated to a minor masterpiece. But the game is still something of a small wonder.
  3. May 22, 2013
    Beautiful, fun, ingenious and unique.