8.4

1. Mar 27, 2013
    Very good game. Brings me back to my childhood on the gamecube playing this game for hours. The graphics are really nice and the idea of multiple houses instead of just one makes it that much better. However there are a few minor problems that can become and annoyance, the overall game is spectacular and worth every penny I paid for it.
  2. Mar 27, 2013
    Turn up the 3D! This game must be experienced in 3D to be fully understood! I turned up the 3D on my new 3DS XL, and the result is a fantastic experience! This game clearly has been polished over the past few years to look great in 3D! The gameplay isn't too bad either sucking up the ghosts is way more fun than I thought it would be. Everything has a charm and humor that you can only getTurn up the 3D! This game must be experienced in 3D to be fully understood! I turned up the 3D on my new 3DS XL, and the result is a fantastic experience! This game clearly has been polished over the past few years to look great in 3D! The gameplay isn't too bad either sucking up the ghosts is way more fun than I thought it would be. Everything has a charm and humor that you can only get with Nintendo characters. Luigi is great I never stop smiling when he is humming along to the music! The music is fun and light and spooky all at the same time. Each mission is about 20-30 minutes, so be sure to have that much time ahead of you before you start a new stage. This is one of those games that should be in every 3DS owner's library! 5/5 stars highly recommended! Expand
  3. Mar 24, 2013
    The controls are very well implemented, modifying the mechanics a little to make sure it's playable nicely with just one stick. The gameplay is challenging and balanced with the puzzles, which are a little on the easy side.
    On the graphics department, aside from the usual ghosting that is now characteristic of the 3DS hardware, it runs really good, dropping in FPS only when sucking more than 2 ghosts. The game shines in its animations, which are numerous, polished and hilarious to look at.
    With the humming and whistling of Luigi back, as well as some great new tracks, the sound does a great job bringing the atmosphere to life. From around 15 hours of Single Player play time (without getting everything), plus a really interesting and fun multiplayer mode, this game is sure to be worth your buck
    I give this game a 9.5, which I decided to put as 10 in the little bar. Get this game, it's amazing!
  4. Jul 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is excellent. One of the best 3DS Games to date. The gameplay is fun and challenging. Capturing all the boos, 3-starring every level and getting all the gems was very difficult. The puzzle were very challenging and satisfying when you finally figured them out.

My only minor problems were that i wish there were more ghosts like the Portrait Ghosts in the original. The only ghosts like those were the Polterpup and the Three Sisters, and that there wasn't a mode where you could just explore the entire mansion outside of a mission, but the last level of each mansion does that well, so it's not a big deal.

If you were having second thoughts about this game, don't. Definitely pick it up!
  5. May 1, 2013
    There is no excuse. Dark Moon is a must-buy for everyone, no matter how skilled you are at busting ghosts or if you're a fan of a different company's software.
  6. Mar 24, 2013
    As usual a great Nintendo 1st party entry. Great humor, great gameplay and just pure fun. I have played through Luigis Mansion 2-3 times and love it. This takes what made the original great and expands upon it while not straying to far from the formula. In my eyes that is what makes a sequel truly great.
  7. Mar 27, 2013
    Luigi's mansion is Nintendo in it's best creative shape. The player controls Luigi, that is equipped only with a lantern and a vacuum cleaner, and despise only those two equipments the game never stops to innovate, the puzzles are always fresh and the game never repeats itself. If that weren't enough this game is so funny that keeps the player laughing form the begging to the end like veryLuigi's mansion is Nintendo in it's best creative shape. The player controls Luigi, that is equipped only with a lantern and a vacuum cleaner, and despise only those two equipments the game never stops to innovate, the puzzles are always fresh and the game never repeats itself. If that weren't enough this game is so funny that keeps the player laughing form the begging to the end like very fell games have done so far. The 3D graphics are gorgeous, probably the best ever done for a game and with tons of collectibles and a decent multiplayer it will keeps the player coming back for more. With this game Nintendo showed that still has plenty of gas for working on innovation. Expand
  8. May 25, 2013
    Surely I'm gonna sound totally like a fanboy but this is why I love Nintendo, you can only expect quality from them and this game proves it, I loved the first Luigi's Mansion and I love this one too, really fun game!!
  9. Apr 9, 2014
    Luigi's Mansion 2 is not only one of the best 3ds games, but one of the best games I have played in a very long time. The great thing about the game are the unique mechanics. There really isn't anything like it. It's a high quality game that every 3DS owner should have. Plus, it's full of that Nintendo charm and will have you smiling the whole way through. On top of that, it's got some funLuigi's Mansion 2 is not only one of the best 3ds games, but one of the best games I have played in a very long time. The great thing about the game are the unique mechanics. There really isn't anything like it. It's a high quality game that every 3DS owner should have. Plus, it's full of that Nintendo charm and will have you smiling the whole way through. On top of that, it's got some fun co-op multiplayer modes in it too.
    10/10 Superb.
  10. Mar 27, 2013
    The only thing that sucks in this game is Luigi
  11. Jun 18, 2013
    The game is just awesome. I love th fact that it's not just one big mansion. Now we get to explore many of them with different environments, enemies, and puzzles. The fact that missions are not really long makes this game an excelent portable game.

Visuals, sound effects, are just great. This game is a must buy.
  12. Mar 31, 2013
    Now I do not usually write reviews on games as my opinions might be hated by people. This is an exception as I LOVED the original game and needed to voice why I think this game is equal to/better than the original. Note: I also played the original A LOT. I beat the game 8 times and got the A mansion.

Now, this review won't be divided into too many sections. GAMEPLAY: The gameplay

Now, this review won't be divided into too many sections.

GAMEPLAY:

The gameplay is much more varied than the original game. To fight some ghosts you have to wait at a certain time before you flash them (not taking your clothes off) with the light or use the dark light device on the Boos to reveal where they are. The original was mostly turning your flashlight off then on when the ghost was in the path. The only part I did not like, but am starting to not mind too much, is that you cannot turn around with the light being charged. It is a minor annoyance.

STORY:

The story in this game is just as silly as the original (in a good way). The "Dark Moon" was destroyed by someone (will not say who) and the ghosts went crazy. Then you are called upon by Professor E. Gadd (he makes a return) to help fix the moon. The story is really good in this game.

Those are the two categories I am going to touch on because that is mostly what I personally look for in a Nintendo game (gameplay more than story).
  13. Mar 24, 2013
    Simply amazing!! Nintendo is on a roll now and this here game just oozes with charm! Excellent graphics, great design, and game play to back it all up. This can sell systems and any fan of video games needs to try this one out.

I'm also going to take a guess that our 0 review friend doesn't even own a 3ds! I hate trolls.
  14. Mar 30, 2013
    After playing a while into this, I can make judgement over it in a short few words. Mansions are fun and diverse. Puzzles are surprisingly difficult. The animations are fun and will make you laugh. A lot of Charm. Though, the mission element does not really belong here, but at moments, I like it. I am rounding my real score to the closest whole score. 9.5 rounded to 10.
  15. Apr 2, 2013
    From the moment the game arrived, it has been difficult to put down. A combination of skill and puzzles, Luigi's Mansion 2 has so far provided hours of entertainment for me and my two kids. The environments are packed full of detail and surprises, the soundtrack is catchy and some of the animations are hilarious. It's hard to get through each mission without grinning like an idiot orFrom the moment the game arrived, it has been difficult to put down. A combination of skill and puzzles, Luigi's Mansion 2 has so far provided hours of entertainment for me and my two kids. The environments are packed full of detail and surprises, the soundtrack is catchy and some of the animations are hilarious. It's hard to get through each mission without grinning like an idiot or laughing out loud at some point or other.

The TLC that has gone into the mansions and the characters is amazing. In particular, Luigi's animation and voice acting really bring him to life. When his triumphant end-of-mission pose deflates into a dejected slump when he realises it's not over yet, it almost makes me feel bad about taking him through the next round of ghost hunting.

The multiplayer feature is a fun distraction from the main quest, and helps refine those skills needed to tackle some of the more challenging ghosts in the game, with its various levels of difficulty and mission types to choose from.

And it's as well to practice, because the main game doesn't have frequent checkpoints. This means that if Luigi runs out of health, you have to go back to the beginning of the section again and re-do it. Although a minor frustration, at least restarting a mission provides more opportunity to stumble across things previously missed, like treasure (essential for upgrades to the Poltergust 5000), Boos (unlocks bonus levels) and an artifact giving Luigi a single 'continue' option if he loses a life.

I definitely recommend Luigi's Mansion 2 for adults and kids alike. And now I'm off to remind the kids it's my turn to play
  16. Mar 24, 2013
    Picked this up with my kid's this morning. They made me get up early and take them to BestBuy as soon as it opened.

They've been glued to our 3DS's ever since. They're just trying the multiplayer right now and are having a blast.
  17. Mar 24, 2013
    I made an account simply to give a good review for this game. I loved the first game and this one is even better! Its art style is very interesting, and the game play is flawless. The dialogue is pretty funny too.
  18. Mar 25, 2013
    I am a huge Nintendo fan and one of my favorite Nintendo franchises is Luigi's Mansion. The gameplay is more fast paced than the previous Luigi's Mansion and the new features are fantastic. The game is very entertaining and the cut scenes are hilarious. The 3d effect in this game is the best I have ever seen on the 3ds. With the very fun story mode and online/local multiplayer this gameI am a huge Nintendo fan and one of my favorite Nintendo franchises is Luigi's Mansion. The gameplay is more fast paced than the previous Luigi's Mansion and the new features are fantastic. The game is very entertaining and the cut scenes are hilarious. The 3d effect in this game is the best I have ever seen on the 3ds. With the very fun story mode and online/local multiplayer this game should keep you entertained for a long time. This game is worth buying a 3ds for. Expand
  19. Mar 25, 2013
    WOW! love the game... it really shows what Nintendo/developers are capable of. Its a must buy for all Mario and Nintendo fans! P.S Multilayer is a blast!
  20. Apr 10, 2013
    An amazing achievement! The 3DS game that we've all been waiting for. Brilliant exploration, treasure hunting, puzzle solving, ghost busting adventure through some of the most creative environments ever conceived.

If you have a 3DS there's no reason not to get Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. If you don't have a 3DS, get one so you can play Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon!
  21. Apr 22, 2013
    Well worth the wait after 12 years. A very fun game and easily one of the best on the system's still small library. The different mansions to explore and multiplayer makes it even better. From a person who really disliked the gamecube game, I highly recommend the sequel.
  22. Mar 29, 2013
    All great first and second-party Nintendo games need a certain kind of certain magic in it. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, despite the haunted atmosphere, is no expection. It may be difficult in some places, but without them, it wouldn't be a good game. The 3-D is amazing, and the controls are great too. This game is also humorous, which is a plus.
  23. Apr 17, 2013
    Luigi's mansion: Dark Moon is really an entertaining and funny game. More importantly, the controls are surprisingly well implemented; better and easier than the first game on Gamecube. The game encourages you to take your time to explore the beautiful levels. It shows that they took their time to make the game, everything is polished, detailed and charming.
    It is a perfect example of the
    It is a perfect example of the Nintendo magic you search in games.
  24. May 3, 2013
    This is the first Luigi Mansion game I've played and I'm impressed. To be honest I bought it for the digital promotion. I never thought I'd like a platform game like the Luigi Mansion Dark Moon, not even after I tried 15 sec in Best Buy. However when I start from the beginning, when I know how to play, I was deeply attracted to the game. It's fun to play. It has the right amount ofThis is the first Luigi Mansion game I've played and I'm impressed. To be honest I bought it for the digital promotion. I never thought I'd like a platform game like the Luigi Mansion Dark Moon, not even after I tried 15 sec in Best Buy. However when I start from the beginning, when I know how to play, I was deeply attracted to the game. It's fun to play. It has the right amount of challenge, and it's suitable for handheld that you can stop after each quest. Depends on your skill, the quest can take long or short. This is what handheld games should be.

The 3D effect is good too. All the details are polished. Don't miss this great game!
  25. Sep 16, 2013
    The game has much more improvements from its predecessor, the mansion inplantacion of 5 instead of a much enlarged the gaming experience, go through dark corridors, have fun with some comedy with ghosts, chasing the tender poltepup among other factors, on your graphics might not be as powerful in the console, but Mr. miyamoto achieving its mission with 3D effect entirely on his musicThe game has much more improvements from its predecessor, the mansion inplantacion of 5 instead of a much enlarged the gaming experience, go through dark corridors, have fun with some comedy with ghosts, chasing the tender poltepup among other factors, on your graphics might not be as powerful in the console, but Mr. miyamoto achieving its mission with 3D effect entirely on his music whether it fits into each corresponding ensenario.
    -the multjugador and online mode is a new inovation to create different challenge with your friends or with people around the world to explore the ScareScraper, but the problem I see is that sometimes the console command line users outside the signal suddenly drops and you'll just have to explore the tower.
    in conclusion if you want to spend good times with a good horror comic would recommend that you play this great game to your 3DS console or 3DSXL.
  26. Aug 12, 2013
    This is without a doubt the best game on the 3DS I've played so far. The only true flaw in this game is the fact it is mission based. But that's a small gripe, overall this game and luigi shine like no other, this game is great in gameplay, story, charm, exploration, and especially exceeds in the fact it has an amazing relatable protagonist luigi. He is clumsy, sloppy, shy, and afraid mostThis is without a doubt the best game on the 3DS I've played so far. The only true flaw in this game is the fact it is mission based. But that's a small gripe, overall this game and luigi shine like no other, this game is great in gameplay, story, charm, exploration, and especially exceeds in the fact it has an amazing relatable protagonist luigi. He is clumsy, sloppy, shy, and afraid most times but overall he goes in and gets the job done knowing he's not getting a princess. But is just doing a good deed to help. Expand
  27. Apr 7, 2014
    Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon for Nintendo 3DS is one of most fav games ever
    i enjoyed playing story mode, although for this Review i wanted talked about Multplayer
    the Multplayer was very well fun catching ghost and leveling up your poturgust 3000(i think)
  28. Oct 21, 2013
    This game is great, its fun you get to catch ghosts, new combo, new ghosts, NEW STORY. I have to say, I have no negatives about this game. You could say its flawless. Well... there is one thing bothering me, but not with the game. The bother is the audience. (Call of duty age range 4-12) (Nintendo age range 11-49) See the difference here? That's the only thing bothering me.
  29. Jun 25, 2014
    A must-have for 3DS owners. The gameplay is fantastic. There's stuff to explore everywhere. There's always new obstacles to encounter. It's just a blast to play.
  30. Aug 14, 2014
    Luigi's on the spotlights again!!
    amazing gameplay, crazy and creative ideas, brilliant visuals and the sounds are well done and the team obviously considered even the slightest details on this one.

Gameplay: 9.5
    Graphics: 9.5
    Sounds: 10
  31. Mar 24, 2013
    This game brings back a lot of happy memories from the original game for the gamecube. The ghosts are charming, and the game play is fun and challenging. The only thing that would make it better would be a second stick so you could turn and use your flashlight and Poltergust
  32. Mar 30, 2013
    I'm on the first mansion and loving it. My son is on mansion #3 and thinks the game is great. Only negative is that there is no quick save feature. The golden dog bones really come in handy if you do get killed. Graphics, gameplay, controls, and music are great. Excellent game for those looking to play for 30-45 minutes and then take a break.
  33. Jan 11, 2014
    I purchased this game in the discount bin at the local game shop and I can't put it down. The gameplay is addictive and fun, the graphics are incredibly charming and unique, and Luigi is such a kick ass character. As much as it's supposed to be a "scary" game for Luigi, it is in fact a hilarious game.

The only flaws I see in this are some very very minor frame rate issues, and now and then the controls feel a little cumberson: specifically, not being able to turn while you use the flashlight / vacuum. I guess that just gives it a little bit of extra strategy.

The multiplayer is also incredibly fun, especially because Download Play is an option.

Overall, I have zero regrets with this purchase. Can't recommend it enough!
  34. May 20, 2013
    One of the best 3DS games out there, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is a fun and addictive sequel to the GameCube classic. As per usual in any Nintendo game, there is a lot of charm to spare, with the scaredy cat Luigi going after ghosts using his trusty Polter Gust. Luigi's Mansion though is by no means an easy game and demands the gamer to master its mechanics. Several sections areOne of the best 3DS games out there, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is a fun and addictive sequel to the GameCube classic. As per usual in any Nintendo game, there is a lot of charm to spare, with the scaredy cat Luigi going after ghosts using his trusty Polter Gust. Luigi's Mansion though is by no means an easy game and demands the gamer to master its mechanics. Several sections are difficult to go through for Casuals because of...GASP.. a lack of checkpoints. But once you get the hang of the game's 'rules', you'll be having a blast...with enough original puzzles and situations that challenge all the skill set in your arsenal. A truly great game and another proof that whilst the 3DS is one of the best game system this year. Expand
  35. Mar 26, 2013
    I never played the original Luigi's mansion on the Gamecube so I wasn't sure what to expect here. To those that don't know, this isn't a 3D Mario game in green clothing. In fact, Mario's signature move, the famous jump, is not even present in this game. This game has very unique mechanics for a Nintendo game and Luigi brings his own personality along to match. The game relies on 2 mainI never played the original Luigi's mansion on the Gamecube so I wasn't sure what to expect here. To those that don't know, this isn't a 3D Mario game in green clothing. In fact, Mario's signature move, the famous jump, is not even present in this game. This game has very unique mechanics for a Nintendo game and Luigi brings his own personality along to match. The game relies on 2 main functions: the vacuum and the flashlight. It is simply amazing the amount of things that you can do with these 2 simple actions. The game introduces you to something new in almost every outing and this keeps the adventure feeling fresh from beginning to end. This is an excellent puzzle game full of charm and should not be missed by any Nintendo fans. This is not the best game on the 3DS but it is certainly in the top 10 in my opinion. Expand
  36. Jun 19, 2013
    I feel deceived, somewhere or sometime it said this game was a horror game. This game is not scary at all. I'm docking most of the marks mostly from that fact. Since this game really isn't really comparable to any other titles (except the original), I'd call it highly original and it is also packed with many collectibles which is a positive factor for any game (unless they are a nuisance).I feel deceived, somewhere or sometime it said this game was a horror game. This game is not scary at all. I'm docking most of the marks mostly from that fact. Since this game really isn't really comparable to any other titles (except the original), I'd call it highly original and it is also packed with many collectibles which is a positive factor for any game (unless they are a nuisance). Overall, 8.7/10 Expand
  37. Mar 29, 2013
    I have spent about 3 hours with this game and love it! Good to see that Nintendo is at least paying attention to one of its consoles. If you haven't picked it up you should!
  38. Apr 26, 2013
    Before I start giving this game the praise it deserves, I feel like I need to mention why Luigi, by far is a better character than Mario will ever be.

Just two reasons: 1. He has his flaws. 2. He has personality. Mario has no personality whatsoever. When I see Luigi get scared to death by ghosts and other stuff he finds scary, it still amuses me even though it's been more than 10

Just two reasons:

1. He has his flaws.
    2. He has personality.

Mario has no personality whatsoever. When I see Luigi get scared to death by ghosts and other stuff he finds scary, it still amuses me even though it's been more than 10 years since that was introduced in the original Luigi's Mansion. Mario, however, never expresses any emotion at all and is a really boring protagonist in my opinion. It's fun to see how in this year, 2013, Luigi is finally getting the praise he deserves for being an actual character.

Anyways, enough of that. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is a fine game. An amazing improvement over the original. It's fun, fresh and I can't stress enough how much I like that this game has more than just one mansion to explore.

One thing I don't really like about this game is the controls. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but when I have my flashlight fully charged, I can't turn around correctly. It's annoying and a pain in the butt. There's also minor framerate issues in this game. Like I said: minor. It has some slowdown every now and then but it's not big deal at all, because most of the time it'll only last a second, and you'll barely even notice it. Or at least I didn't.

Anyways, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is a very nice game overall and I can already tell while I haven't even completed the first mansion yet. The atmosphere in some places is so great, and it really makes you feel like you're actually there. I really reccommend Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, even to those who haven't played the first game.
  39. Apr 26, 2013
    awesome game, very much worth the 12 years wait, a must buy for the 3DS, and I wish LM 3 releases for the WII U and soon, maybe 2 years when it more people might bought it
  40. Apr 2, 2013
    I have to admit I wasn't exactly looking forward to this one. I didn't play the original, the premise seemed too derivative, and overall I felt it would end up an oversimplified tangent to occupy 3DS owners until more big-name games are released. After a coworker heartily recommended it to me, however, I decided to pick it up. And boy was I wrong.

What sets this game apart from the get

What sets this game apart from the get go is the presentation. Luigi is instantly likeable, with his semi-muteness and scary demeanor, and his interaction with talkative Professor E. Gadd is always a joy to watch. The actual haunted mansions are beautifully rendered, extremely detailed, with an eerie aura of mystery surrounding everything. It's the kind of setting that makes you lose yourself inside a game for hours and hours.
    The gameplay actually lives up to all of that. Capturing ghosts here is a tremendously fun job, helped by the spotless animation. The controls are a bit awkward at first, but eventually grow natural.
    As a downside, some of the collectibles seem too much. Gems and boos are always a blast to track down, but some other achievements... not so much. Case in point: in order to get three stars in a stage, you have to, among other things, complete it as quickly as possible. That really doesn't suit a game about careful exploration, and especially one with such rich environments.

Luckily, that problem is still a long way from marring this amazing game. It seems Luigi, at least for the time being, is the star of the best 3DS game in the Mario franchise. Color me pleasantly surprised.
  41. Mar 24, 2013
    My thumbs are sore! This game is so much fun it's causing me physical pain. Beautifully rendered and skillfully designed there are few hand held titles that reach this level of excellence. While it's not without some faults and annoyances it's a super solid experience.
  42. Mar 24, 2013
    This game is the funniest thing you are gonna find in the 3DS. If you own a 3DS you must get this game along with 3D Land, because as 3D Land this game was design for the 3DS.
  43. Mar 28, 2013
    I haven't played the Gamecube version so when I bought this I had no idea of what I was getting myself into.After spending the last 4 hours playing this game I can safely say it's fun very,very fun.The game has a great sense of humor,the controls are a bit clunky at first but you'll quickly get used to them and the graphics are fantastic but the best part of this game is Luigi himself.He'sI haven't played the Gamecube version so when I bought this I had no idea of what I was getting myself into.After spending the last 4 hours playing this game I can safely say it's fun very,very fun.The game has a great sense of humor,the controls are a bit clunky at first but you'll quickly get used to them and the graphics are fantastic but the best part of this game is Luigi himself.He's just such a funny and likable character even if he is a scaredy cat Expand
  44. Mar 24, 2013
    Another great Nintendo game that tops the first Luigi's Mansion. They sort of messed up the checkpoint system, there should have been more, but if you have a 3ds this is a must buy.
  45. Apr 14, 2013
    This game does a great job of showcasing what the handheld can do. Great graphics and the sounds is amazing when wearing headphones. Nintendo did a wonderful job on this game.
  46. Apr 30, 2013
    Luigi is an awesome scaredy-cat. Great game. Playing it with my little brother, we really like it and it is not super easy to complete but is a really good challenge.
  47. May 24, 2013
    This game is Nintendo at it's best. The animations are fantastic and delightful, the game play is addictive and a blast to play with friends. Much better than the original so if you are a fan of it this is a must buy.
  48. Jul 6, 2013
    Excelente juego, considerablemente mejor que el original, con bastante contenido, puzzles, montones de elementos "coleccionables" y desafiantes niveles que pueden hacer que uno como jugador se quede horas y horas jugando y pasando niveles. Lo único es que el juego no tenga checkpoints, lo que hace repetir un nivel completo en caso de morir. Hasta el momento es de los mejores juegos de 3DSExcelente juego, considerablemente mejor que el original, con bastante contenido, puzzles, montones de elementos "coleccionables" y desafiantes niveles que pueden hacer que uno como jugador se quede horas y horas jugando y pasando niveles. Lo único es que el juego no tenga checkpoints, lo que hace repetir un nivel completo en caso de morir. Hasta el momento es de los mejores juegos de 3DS y uno obligatorio de tener. Expand
  49. Jul 18, 2013
    Luigi takes the starring role in one of the best 3DS games yet. In this sequel, you explore through five mansions in order to find the pieces of the dark moon to restore order and make the ghosts peaceful again. What make Luigi’s Mansion 2 so unique and special are several things. First off are the hilarious cutscenes- they’re pure silly, but the slapstick comedy in them really made meLuigi takes the starring role in one of the best 3DS games yet. In this sequel, you explore through five mansions in order to find the pieces of the dark moon to restore order and make the ghosts peaceful again. What make Luigi’s Mansion 2 so unique and special are several things. First off are the hilarious cutscenes- they’re pure silly, but the slapstick comedy in them really made me laugh. Nintendo has put in a great amount of effort into making each cutscene funny, magical, and adorable. The 3D effect makes the cutscenes look even better, and spooky in a funny way. The graphics and sound also both excel in conveying the various moods very well. The graphics never fall below the very best standard. They are a treat.
    The gameplay consists of two main elements: battling ghosts with your fancy poltergust 5000 vacuum cleaner, and puzzle-solving. Both elements are very meticulously wound together to create an awesome, solid experience. Fighting ghosts involves first stunning them with your flashlight, then a battle to suck them into the hoover, a bit like fishing, just without the calm. It may sound odd, but when you start, you’re bound to get addicted. Along the way you’ll meet various types of ghosts with various personalities. This helps the game feel fresh and exciting.
    Then there’s the puzzle-solving. In the mansions, you’ll come across contraptions and puzzles that require you to think very carefully about how you use your flashlight and vacuum cleaner. It probably sounds like it gets old very quickly and the puzzles get repetitive, but they don’t. Some of the solutions are just ingenious. There’s another addition called the Darklight, which can find hidden objects (a bit like the lens of truth from Zelda).
    At the end of each mansion there is a boss that requires you to use both your flashlight and Poltergust in clever ways. The boss of the first mansion introduced a genius amount of puzzle-solving, so I was disappointed when the bosses later on didn’t and were simplistic and unmemorable.
    The story mode takes about fifteen hours to complete. And then there’s the multiplayer, which is local and online. There are so many modes, all of which are exciting. The aim is always to complete a floor in a mansion with your teammates and then progress. To complete the floor, you must do different things depending on the mode, for example hunt down all the ghosts in five minutes, or find all the hidden objects. You can specify the amount of floors in the mansion when selecting the settings, and also select the difficulty, and the mode. This extreme flexibility allows for even novices to be able to play. It holds up to four players. You can play online or local. You can play with friends or search for random groups. You can even play on your own. So many options, and so flexible.
    Without the online, Luigi’s Mansion would have been a great game. But with all the other options, it’s a masterful achievement.
  50. Sep 25, 2013
    the game is really charming. the exploration is as good as ever. the presentation and humor are great and the controls were very well adapted from a typical game controller, to a controller with less buttons and only 1 joystick. the only downside i find on it is the way the game was divided in missions. it was unnecessary and makes the game easier, shorter and more linear. This problemthe game is really charming. the exploration is as good as ever. the presentation and humor are great and the controls were very well adapted from a typical game controller, to a controller with less buttons and only 1 joystick. the only downside i find on it is the way the game was divided in missions. it was unnecessary and makes the game easier, shorter and more linear. This problem has been happening in most of the recent nintendo games. it gets tedious, boring and predictable. in this case it didnt affect much, but the game could have been way better, specially if it had an overworld where you could walk from one mansion to the other, and secret shortcuts through them. Expand
  51. Dec 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. No joke this game I should claim this game the god of all 3DS games on the market so far. No major disappointing content, Great graphics, great smoothing music. Plus a nice story that may have been repeated but a lot better. I am surprised on how much greatness this game had to offer unlike 3d land. I love the new features. The strobe light; love everything about it. Help you find clues, hidden areas, and pulterpups the best ghost in the game. The new and improved vacuum and the new ds thing called the dual scream. However this game does not deserve a 10 in the score. Why because after playing the game for 82 something hours you begin to occur some real annoying glitches. Like in the online tower some keys are not present even if there said to be there which end up F...... You up entirely. Also sometimes the ghost glitch and pause randomly and disappear and return. Other than that nothing major but that are in the game. The boss battles on the other hand are worse part to the game there the same ghost. Excluding king boo. This game is doubt the best game on the 3DS just above new leaf and sticker star. Expand
  52. Dec 17, 2013
    An unbelievably fun game. It is a terrific adventure with excellent boss battles. The game has tons of replay value as long as you 100% complete it, every boo, every gem, 3 stars every level. A recommended buy.
  53. Mar 4, 2014
    The game is great, the puzzles are super fun to solve. The only problem I had was not collecting enough coins to be abel to upgrade my poltergust. This kept me from finishing the game.
  54. Mar 23, 2014
    One of the most charming 3ds games I've played so far. The story is hilarious yet intriguing, the mechanics are different as well as the style of stages, the puzzles are mildly challenging and very fun and there is plenty for hardcore gamers to enjoy for 100 percentage. The only complaint I have is the motion controls, which I find very unnecessary and hard to use. For example , if I'mOne of the most charming 3ds games I've played so far. The story is hilarious yet intriguing, the mechanics are different as well as the style of stages, the puzzles are mildly challenging and very fun and there is plenty for hardcore gamers to enjoy for 100 percentage. The only complaint I have is the motion controls, which I find very unnecessary and hard to use. For example , if I'm trying to cross a pit on a narrow platform, I'll have to use motion controls that make no sense, and I end up falling about five times every time. Overall, though, a fun and exciting that's guaranteeing enjoyment for all ages. Expand
  55. Aug 8, 2014
    This game is really addicting. But what made me drop one star was that if you lose a SINGLE LEVEL, you have to start it all over again.

All in all, cool game, thanks Nintendo for making!!
  56. Sep 20, 2014
    This was the first game I bought with my 3DS and I could not put it down for weeks. I played through the game and beat the story and then I played every level at least 5 times, checking every nook and cranny for hidden gems and rewards.

If you liked the first game for the Gamecube, you will love this one. Great graphics, great 3D, music is brilliant and the gameplay is of course fun from minute one!
  57. Dec 5, 2014
    The gameplay is amazing,puzzles are inventive and difficulty is just great.I was afraid that since i was a novice this game would be to challgeing but it wasnt i loved it.But sadly you cannot save in the middle of a mission and this makes it slighty worse. Though when i needed to stop the game i just put it into sleep mode. Remove that and its a 10/10

1. May 31, 2013
    Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon is a stellar sequel to a forgettable classic. Nintendo has refined the formula and made it interesting to fans and even those that didn’t find the appeal behind the original. For those looking for the next great 3DS game, don’t sleep on Luigi’s latest.
  2. May 27, 2013
    If Next Level Games had opted to make Dark Moon more of an open-world experience, granting the player free will to poke around its gloomily graceful environments without continual check-in interruptions, it could have been equated to a minor masterpiece. But the game is still something of a small wonder.
  3. May 22, 2013
    Beautiful, fun, ingenious and unique.