6.3

1. Nov 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mario Party: Island Tour isn't perfect, as is any Mario Party game, but I feel like it stands up to its console competitors. The minigames are fun, the boards are unique, and the multiplayer is amazing. The only downside is Bowser's Tower. It ultimately sullied my single-player experience as I found out that it doesn't really end. I have climbed the tower seven times now, and each time I find my character, Toad, being trolled by Bowser, saying that the Bowser I defeated was a decoy, and then punching me off the tower. It gets very annoying, and I have yet to see a definite storyline or a plausible ending. Maybe if I use a different character? If someone has a way to see a different ending, do tell me.

Overall, Mario Party: Island Tour is charming, fun, and a very good time to be had. Too bad Bowser had to ruin it from being the best handheld installment. 8.75/10
  2. Dec 3, 2013
    the single player mode is kinda boring. The boards on this game is fun, but the music is a little lack. Also, the minigames aren't that great unless your playing with a friend. I was looking forward to this game.
  3. Feb 4, 2014
    Maybe the minigames aren't the most creative but its fun to play with friends! The story isn't the main point of Mario parties anyways so no need to complain about that. The only reason this isn't a ten is because there is no regular party mode with stars and coins.
  4. Mar 25, 2014
    I'm not sure why everyone is taking a poop on this game. Its quite fun both solo AND multi-player. Its BEST is against friends but the solo game play isn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be.
  5. Mar 27, 2014
    If your looking for the funnest Mario Party this could be the best decision but keep in mind it's no longer the same formula as one through eight and that could really hurt it but it doesn't the game feels fresh and the controls are well put together similar to Mario Party 9. This time around Mario and the crew set off to party across 7 different unique boards each having it's own set ofIf your looking for the funnest Mario Party this could be the best decision but keep in mind it's no longer the same formula as one through eight and that could really hurt it but it doesn't the game feels fresh and the controls are well put together similar to Mario Party 9. This time around Mario and the crew set off to party across 7 different unique boards each having it's own set of rules with one of them needing at least three human players to play which isn't that fair considering not all of us have family or friends with a 3ds. Party mode isn't the only mode there is to play there's also the "story"mode where you climb up a tower defeating bubble clones Bowser created to advance to the next floor. Another mode is Mini-game mode which is like the previous games there's free-play, time-attack,and Hot air jinx where the first player to get there hot air balloon to the top is declared the winner.On the other hand the mini-games are beautiful probably the best up to date. It's not the traditional Mario Party you grew up with but it's worth a shot. That being said I'm giving Mario Party Island tour a 9/10 Expand
  6. Dec 1, 2013
    Very fun. goes by faster than the last Mario Party DS games, but the graphics and mini games are amazing. Though i wish that it lasted longer and there was a plot, there are many fun worlds to play in and all different goals. i say it is a tie between this game and the last Mario Party DS game.
  7. Jan 6, 2015
    This game is a lot better that what everyone is making it out to be, the minigames could be a bit longer but overall I am very pleasant with it.
    I don´t know how people can give it a 6.2/10, for me it´s a 9/10!

1. Apr 13, 2014
    Nintendo is a master at finding a specific target audience and offer them exactly what they want, sometimes even with a little less quality than usual. Mario Party: Island Tour does just that, speaking to the more casual audience among the owners of Nintendo 3DS.
  2. Feb 16, 2014
    A very slow party game. The majority of the mini games are well done and easy to learn and play, but all the waiting time is killing the pace and joy of playing. A group of players could have some fun, but if you're playing alone - stay away.
    There’s little reason to pick up the latest Mario Party. While it has plenty of personality, the majority of the experience is so thin that it struggles to keep your attention.