6.6

1. Aug 8, 2012
    i feel people are being far to harsh to this game, don't trust the critics as it seems like they only played it a couple of days. I've had the game over a month now and i'm still playing everyday online, it plays like the n64 game which i loved , i will admit if you don't have online it would get boring really fast , but if your online this one could last you years, the amount of tactics you have to go through to beat the best is serious stuff.
    overall if your online 10/10 if your not online and don't have friends to play skip it as the single player is only a load tournaments 5/10.
  2. Jun 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Grabbing the game I was still a little bit discouraged. I had to trade in a couple games at the time so I was hoping it would be worth it. By the end of that day I had finished a few tournaments with a few different characters. The controls were really simple and the use of the touch screen is really useful too! After beating the 4 main tournaments, you gain use of the character you used, as a Star Player. It basically means you get invited to play in the new other 4 Tournaments that are quite hard. You can even take the star characters you unlock to play online with. The game itself has a nice chunk of content if you seek it out. There are many items to unlock which include your Arm Band, Shirt/Shorts, Racket, and Shoes. Or if you'd like, their are costumes to unlock as well that fully outfit your Mii. If your playing and get bored of it fast, its not for you and just skip on to the next game. When I set my eyes finally to the online play with just a few pieces of gear unlocked, I had a blast! It was different from the main game itself since you are playing with other people who give way more of a challenge than any A.I could. You come across many unique players with their own set of items that make them look different, and also make them play differently. This game mainly focuses on online play hence why their is no Story line or anything. Mini Games unlock the bonus characters but they are a really exciting way to practice, and learn new ways to overcome your opponent. Full of content, Great online play, Simple controls. If you have the chance or games to trade in, I would say give this a shot and enjoy the online! Expand
  3. May 31, 2012
    Well I was very sceptical about picking this game up after some of the comments its received, but all I can say is I'm so glad I took the gamble. The game starts off very very easy and gets harder with each of the 8 tournaments (4 to start and 4 unlockable). There are also 4 extra character's to unlock (bringing the roster to 20), and the Yoshi hunt to collect different coloured Yoshi's, all with their own strengths & weaknesses. There is one major key factor to Mario Tennis Open, and that is that its Fun (with a capital 'F') to play. It's a great pick up and play game, and for me, its that that sets to top marking. In short, it looks looks good, it plays good and its FUN! If you enjoyed the previous games in the series, go for it and make your own mind up, I'm sure you will get a buzz out of it. Expand
  4. May 21, 2012
    The mario tennis games once again delivers with beautiful graphics, great music, good gameplay, great extras, good online, and amazing extras so you need to get this game if your a 3ds owner or even if you don't have along with 3d land or mk7 all amazing.
  5. Nov 17, 2012
    I really really don't understand why this game has a such low score. The game is perfectly fine, what else did you expect from a game based on Tennis ? Such a game has a lot of boundaries. The NGC version was less fun with the super attacks u were able to use. It now comes all together to some good old tennis (like the N64 version) !!

One DOWN side, but not enough to take one point out,
    is the incredibly bad way of connecting with friends over the internet. The rest is fine and easy to use !!!! Thanks Nintendo (and Camelot) !! Collapse
  6. Dec 28, 2012
    [FR] Mario Tennis Open et superbe au niveau de Nitendo . C'est un superbe jeux , qui permet au fan de tennis de jouer avec beaucoup de plaisir sur se mario tennis. En plus de cela on peux modifier son personnage grace aux items debloqués a acheter sur la boutique , Et qu'on peux equiper a son personnage pour le mode multijoueur ou Solo . En plus de cela sur le mode solo il y a des tournois , Sa rapelle mario aux jeux olympiques. Le mode multijoueur est superbe se qui permet de jouer a 4.
    Lien d'une video demo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqRBPoVJKhs
    Donc : 10/10 :) !
  7. Mar 27, 2014
    Screw the critics.... With this game's wonderful characters, amazing graphics, loads of content, and visual appeal, I can safetly say this is the best tennis game I have ever played! And is the best of all Mario Sports, if not the 2nd. 9.5/10
  8. Nov 17, 2012

One DOWN side, but not enough to take one point out,

1. Aug 3, 2012
    A somewhat simplified version of earlier games of the series. There are some fun mini games and unlockables, but overall there's distinct a lack of content. And where is is the challenge?
  2. Aug 2, 2012
    Mario Tennis Open feels a bit lifeless at first, simply because it doesn't give any other incentive for playing than to keep unlocking things and to just play more tennis.
    Seemingly average tennis arcade shows up as a perfectly playable and highly addictive, especially in multiplayer mode. [July 2012]