• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Feb 21, 2012
7.6

1. Mar 13, 2012
    Kojima apparently couldn't be bothered to put a single bit of effort into this game. MGS3 is a great game, but he did such a lazy half-assed job with this port that it's almost sad. Other 3DS games like Resident Evil Revelations have shown that the 3DS is capable of great graphics, but the amount of pixelation, muddy textures, and frame rate issues here is almost unforgivable, it's like he didn't even try to optimize the game for the platform in any way. This game would probably have run better without 3D as well. MGS3D is still PLAYABLE, and I understand the hurdles Kojima faced to try and utilize this game with the 3DS's unique control scheme, but no one should honestly support the shoddy workmanship that went into this. Expand
  2. Jul 3, 2014
    I love my 3DS and despite it missing a second analog stick I have enjoyed games like resident evil when I first did not believe It could work with only one analog stick. As a snake fan I jumped on this game believing it would be fun. Guess again!!! I just can't believe how bad the camera and the controls are. I really tried to give it a chance but it made me furious how bad it's implemented. It's just a
    Poor port. They should have spend more time on it for the 3DS and fine tuned the
    camera and controllers. In current shape for me at least the game in unplayable
    hence the low grade.

Snake Eater is an experience that quickly differentiated from others and we found the best of Kojima and this 3D version it's a much better option for fans of the series.
  2. Apr 20, 2012
    While it has some issues it is still completely playable but some people may be turned off by the learning curve of the controls and spotty frame rate but if you are able to looks past all of that then you can still find a fun time.
  3. Apr 6, 2012
    Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D is not the game's best version: it retains some flaws from the original game and adds new conversion-issues. Still, it's a good example of the series' classic gameplay.