7.7

1. Mar 6, 2012
    As a Metal Gear newcomer, I felt excited to have the opportunity to jump into the fray. I am very proud to say that the series deserves it's reputation. Well designed plot, character development, puzzle solving, gameplay, action, and drama all rolled up into this 3D powerhouse. Like Resident Evil: Revelations, this game alone is a reason to buy a 3DS.
  2. Mar 19, 2012
    I dont understand how this is getting negative reviews!
    It's the same experience on the PS2 now on the 3DS!
    It looks better than the HD collection counterparts and has spanking good 3D.
    While its obvious that this game is better suited to the Big TV screens its still a great experience.
    The game is however nearly impossible to play without the circle pad pro peripheral
  3. Nov 11, 2012
    Amazing game. Well-built gameplay and world design. Excellent story that gets in your head. The 3D effect enhances the gameplay and the game is best with the Circle Pad Pro. So much more praise I could give this game! Well done Hideo Kojima!
  4. Feb 21, 2012
    Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D. After being a little on the skeptical side, I reserved my copy a little over a week ago. The game launched today, and I am more than happy to report to you a couple of things. The controls for this port are top notch. Playing the DEMO, even with the circle pad pro, felt a little clunky, and in the midst of walking, even the frame rate would take anMetal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D. After being a little on the skeptical side, I reserved my copy a little over a week ago. The game launched today, and I am more than happy to report to you a couple of things. The controls for this port are top notch. Playing the DEMO, even with the circle pad pro, felt a little clunky, and in the midst of walking, even the frame rate would take an occasional dip, making it even more difficult to navigate. The RETAIL copy of the game seems to address these issues, minus the first person aim mechanic. But the game play is smooth thus far, and during in-game cut scenes are the only time I've noticed any frame drops. The aiming honestly takes a little getting used to, but after you have had the opportunity to play the game for a while, this should not be problem for long.

I can't review the entire game of course since, I mean lets face it, the game has come out on more than one occasion, in the past year. But I will tell you this. The 3-D effect is by far, some of the easiest on the eyes that I've had the opportunity to witness while playing a 3DS game. Most games, even Mario Kart 7, provide great 3D, but over time, may start to heart your eyes. This game on the other hand, does an excellent job of creating a immersible gaming environment, while at the same time, performing at the level you would want your experience with games that do not have 3D, to have.

All in all, this product is worth the by, if you can afford it. Yes it's the same story over again, and yes, its the same MGS we've all come to love over the years. This game is a gem, that will be MORE than welcome as a new entry to any current, and, or future 3DS owner.
  5. Feb 22, 2012
    this game is great and this version is really good. The graphics look better than the HD version that was released a while back. This game is a classic and this version is awesome.
  6. Feb 22, 2012
    To start off im a huge metal gear fan. I have every game and have loved all of them. With this in mind i went into snake eater 3d with high hopes and it delivers. I did not play with the circle pad pro and still found the controls great, but some people might be turned off by having to use the face buttons to angle the camera and aim your gun. I found however, that the longer you play theTo start off im a huge metal gear fan. I have every game and have loved all of them. With this in mind i went into snake eater 3d with high hopes and it delivers. I did not play with the circle pad pro and still found the controls great, but some people might be turned off by having to use the face buttons to angle the camera and aim your gun. I found however, that the longer you play the game using these controls, the more it will come natural to gamers. The graphics look just as if not better than the ps2 version, and snake just might be the best animated and detailed character I've seen in gaming. Some people might be turned off by Metal gear's infamous cutsceans, but i found them entertaining and engrossing in their complexity. The story is also complex and engaging, with one of the best video game endings I've ever seen. As for the 3d this is one of the best uses I've seen for 3d. The jungle enviorment comes to life around you, adding depth to every single piece of grass. Also, it is great in the cutsceans. When hornets fly around a bridge, and when flower petals fall from trees, it pops out at you and makes everything seem much more alive. Overall i would recomend this to gamers looking for something different than mario, or a mindless shooter. Expand
  7. Feb 22, 2012
    I haven't played the original version and in fact I have only tried metal gear solid on nes and playstation. That is why I was really impressed on what I have seen even just in the demo. I really like stealth and strategy games, that's why I can really recommend this game. Also, based on what I have read and heard, the actual retail version is really good. Lastly, it's annoying that thereI haven't played the original version and in fact I have only tried metal gear solid on nes and playstation. That is why I was really impressed on what I have seen even just in the demo. I really like stealth and strategy games, that's why I can really recommend this game. Also, based on what I have read and heard, the actual retail version is really good. Lastly, it's annoying that there are some trolls giving ridiculous reviews for this game. Just like one user who game this game a "0", and upon checking his profile, I discovered that he is without a doubt a ps vita fanboy since he also gave mario land 3d and mario kart 7 a 0! Expand
  8. Feb 22, 2012
    I would have to say this game is much better than the demo. If you love the Metal Gear games, buying this is a no brainer. Yes, I have the HD Collection, but Im one of those people that can play this game over and over between the 2 systems and never get bored of it.
    The graphics and gameplay have been great, especially using the touchscreen to switch between weapons and using health pickups. It really cleans up the main screen from all of the HUDs.
    The only hang-up I see for anyone is if they don't have the Circle Pad Pro. I have it and the game plays wonderful. I even leave it on when Im playing non CPP games because its so comfortable.
    A well done game!!!
  9. Feb 23, 2012
    Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D shines in a lot of ways, even if it is slowen down by some funky controls. The game is a redone version of the PS2 classic that follows Naked Snake on a mission through a Russian infested jungle. The graphics are superb on the 3DS, really showing off the systems capabilities, and are about on par with that off the HD remake released a few months back. IfMetal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D shines in a lot of ways, even if it is slowen down by some funky controls. The game is a redone version of the PS2 classic that follows Naked Snake on a mission through a Russian infested jungle. The graphics are superb on the 3DS, really showing off the systems capabilities, and are about on par with that off the HD remake released a few months back. If you have played a Metal Gear Solid game before then you know how the gameplay is. It's a traditional third person shooter with strong stealth mechanics, that emphasize the use of camo and cover. The story is definetly the most unique out of the whole series, taking you back to the 1960's and placing you in a jungle for a majority of the game. It does a really nice job of presenting the story, so anybody that is new to the series won't be extremely confused.The only place the game couldn't find strong ground was the controls. The controls for this game will be a little un-settling for fans of MGS and for 3DS owners. This mainly comes from the camera control which has been mapped to the A B X Y buttons, rather than using the touch screen. They'll take some time to get used to, and If you have the chance I'd suggest picking up the Circle Pad Pro. But that's pretty much the only place the game lacks. What you have here is a fully fleshed out Metal Gear Solid game that looks great on the 3DS, and despite some lacking controls, is a lot of fun. Strongly recommended to any 3DS owner who's looking for a challenging and rewarding game to play. Also remember to look out for the 64 yoshi's to shoot.

PS: this is my first review, so some likes would be nice :)
  10. Feb 22, 2012
    Let me start by saying that I have been a fan of Metal Gear Solid for about 10 years, having played all of them. Sons of Liberty was my first, and favorite. It busted my Metal Gear cherry, and it has been one big orgasmic love affair since. Needless to say, I had this game reserved and was at Gamestop when it opened today. This game is great. The most impressive aspect of MGS 3D isLet me start by saying that I have been a fan of Metal Gear Solid for about 10 years, having played all of them. Sons of Liberty was my first, and favorite. It busted my Metal Gear cherry, and it has been one big orgasmic love affair since. Needless to say, I had this game reserved and was at Gamestop when it opened today. This game is great. The most impressive aspect of MGS 3D is undoubtedly the visuals. When Edge magazine gave their review and claimed that it, "looked better than the HD collection", I was skeptical of their claim. After playing the demo, I wasn't exactly what you would call "impressed". But after getting my hands on and sinking my teeth into the retail release, I definitely see where they are coming from. The game not only looks great, but it runs great. The frame rate problems I was expecting after playing the demo are literally nonexistent. This is Metal Gear Solid 3 as pretty as it's ever been, remade from the ground up. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong, plain and simple. Don't take my word for it, see for yourself. Now unfortunately, this is when I have to point out that the score I gave was for the review of MGS 3D using the Circle Pad Plus. With the Circle Pad Plus, the game is as tight as it's ever been - which is saying a lot. Being able to sneak about while crouched, as well as the added gyroscope functionality, really enhance what is already picture perfect gameplay and controls. While you retain those 3DS enhancements when not using the Circle Pad Pro, the controls take a nosedive, and the gameplay suffers terribly in the process. Using the face buttons to aim have never felt clunkier. You haven't experienced a gameplay disaster quite like trying to battle Ocelot or The Fear using the face buttons for aiming and camera control. In fact, I would go so far as to call the game broken without the Circle Pad Pro (which you can order from Nintendo's website or pick up from gamestop). So with all the above said, let me go ahead and give you two different scores for the game, and encourage you to wait on this game until you possess this most needed, must have peripheral. With Circle Pad Pro - 9.25/10 - the definitive MGS 3 experience. Without the Circle Pad Pro - 5.0/10 - utterly broken Expand
  11. Feb 22, 2012
    i wasn't sure if i would like when i bought it but when i did i kind of didn't like it at first but i didn't take me long to love it, it is really fun and a must have for the 3ds FYI i could only play it with the circle pad pro, i couldn't imagine playing it with out it
  12. Feb 22, 2012
    Way beyond Solid, this is the best game on the 3DS right now. It's a Triple A title, with a great plot, full of twists. Deserves about a 9.5, so I rounded up. The combat system is very in-depth, and the game provides a hearty challenge for those for those who expect to just rush in and shoot. Stealth and camoflauge are absolutely vital to survival, and brilliantly implemented. The enemy AIWay beyond Solid, this is the best game on the 3DS right now. It's a Triple A title, with a great plot, full of twists. Deserves about a 9.5, so I rounded up. The combat system is very in-depth, and the game provides a hearty challenge for those for those who expect to just rush in and shoot. Stealth and camoflauge are absolutely vital to survival, and brilliantly implemented. The enemy AI is well-developed, and their alert system contrasted with your camoflauge techniques provide an atmosphere that demands espionage. The ways you can combat your enemies - rather via hand-to-hand melee, a slow-acting tranquilizer, a variety of guns or grenades, a captured python that you can then recapture and eat, or a nest of angry hornets - are endless. You can stranglehold someone at knifepoint and interrogate them, knock them out, or slice their throat, then drag the body into grass so other enemies won't see it, looting their ammo or grenades. The elaborate "little things" (that actually serve as important gameplay elements) are what makes this game shine, like the conversational codecs and capturing your own food to survive (the more your hunger/stamina is full, the quicker you heal wounds). The Yoshi dolls hidden throughout the game are also a nice Nintendo touch. My only disclaimer is that it isn't beginner-friendly. The controls are fantastic and effective with practice, but very complex. This is truly a gamer's game, and is best played with the Circle Pad Pro. Buy this game. Expand
  13. Apr 25, 2012
    I consider myself a fan of the Metal Gear Solid series and since I haven't really found many games for my 3DS that interest me I decided to give this remake a shot. I actually can see that some work was put into making this remake different in a lot of aspects. The controls are a bit on the rough side but I got used to them pretty quickly. The frame rate also tends to chug a little at someI consider myself a fan of the Metal Gear Solid series and since I haven't really found many games for my 3DS that interest me I decided to give this remake a shot. I actually can see that some work was put into making this remake different in a lot of aspects. The controls are a bit on the rough side but I got used to them pretty quickly. The frame rate also tends to chug a little at some parts but I would say it's bearable and these mostly occur only at the cutscenes. I recommend this to any Metal Gear Solid fan but the very nature of the game might turn some people off. What I mean by that is not everyone wants a game that has about 10 minute long cutscenes and maybe 3 minutes of gameplay before another cutscene on a handheld device. I also have to comment on the 3D effects. While most of the time I just kept the 3D effects off when I did have them on they were pretty good and easy on the eyes unlike other titles I've tried 3D effects with. Expand
  14. Apr 23, 2015
    Missed this on PS2 so really enjoy playing this. The game is still great, despite some dated design features, small areas, and the graphics not matching what is possible on the 3DS (e. Resident evil relevations). I play with the circle pad pro so can't really comment on the control issues.
  15. Feb 13, 2013
    This is the first Metal Gear game I have ever played, and I have to say that it's fantastic, utterly brilliant. It took me a little while to get into the game properly, but once you do, you realize how good the game (and the series) is. It is a perfect port on the 3DS, the 3D really adding quite a lot for me (in terms of how it looks and plays), the gameplay is fantastic, but slow:This is the first Metal Gear game I have ever played, and I have to say that it's fantastic, utterly brilliant. It took me a little while to get into the game properly, but once you do, you realize how good the game (and the series) is. It is a perfect port on the 3DS, the 3D really adding quite a lot for me (in terms of how it looks and plays), the gameplay is fantastic, but slow: something that might put a few people off, but it is a stealth game, so you should know kind of what to expect when going in. There are downsides though, you will need to purchase a circle pad pro to fully appreciate the game, so it's kind of a no-go for 3DS XL owners for the time being, and, like I said above, it took me a little while to get into the game. Everything about this game is brilliant, so long as you can play it with the circle pad pro. Awesome, 93/100. Expand
  16. Jul 4, 2014
    Una aventura de infiltración que consiguió estar a la altura del gran clásico Metal Gear Solid de playstation, demostrando que aún con las expectativas altas todavía se pueden superar.
  17. Jun 21, 2012
    MGS is one of the greatest franchises in gaming and this 3D-enhanced port of the 3rd game in the series just proves that statement more. The game is the exact same as the PS2, Xbox, and HD versions with a little sharper textures. The graphics are some of the best on the system, except for the cutscenes, which are still very cinematic, but they lag a whole lot and it can be frustrating atMGS is one of the greatest franchises in gaming and this 3D-enhanced port of the 3rd game in the series just proves that statement more. The game is the exact same as the PS2, Xbox, and HD versions with a little sharper textures. The graphics are some of the best on the system, except for the cutscenes, which are still very cinematic, but they lag a whole lot and it can be frustrating at points, but besides that, this game's presentation is a stunner. The gameplay is the same as past entries in the series and relies heavily on wilderness camoflage and is an overall very strategic stealth game. The music, sound effects, and voice acting are top-notch and the 3D effect is one of the best on the 3DS. Aside from the laggy cutscenes, this game is a must-have for 3DS owners. If you have yet to experience this gaming masterpiece, I recommend you pick it up today! Expand
  18. Aug 11, 2012
    Metal Gear, in my considered one of the best video game franchises, this metal gear is what starts in chronological history. It is very comfortable to use the touch screen to perform most actions such as heal, feed, change camouflage, communicating by radio, etc. In terms of 3D makes it much more realistic.
    One of the best Games.
  19. Apr 18, 2013
    This is by far the best stealth shooter available on a handheld device to date, with a stunning plotline and remarkable graphics/audio. Not to be played on-the-go. Best for playing late at night in bed, as plot has half-hour cut-scenes, but this is fine because cut-scenes make James Bond look like an indie series.
    A must buy.
  20. Jul 19, 2013
    This game is one of the best Games, I've played so far on the 3DS. I was a big fan of the PS2-Version. The Story still is awesome, funny and interesting. The things, you can achieve, let you play more than 100 hours. And the two Screens really are useful, because there is barely no HUD in the playing part. The only thing, that I don't like is the control of the camera. When you don't haveThis game is one of the best Games, I've played so far on the 3DS. I was a big fan of the PS2-Version. The Story still is awesome, funny and interesting. The things, you can achieve, let you play more than 100 hours. And the two Screens really are useful, because there is barely no HUD in the playing part. The only thing, that I don't like is the control of the camera. When you don't have the circlepad pro, it can be really hard, to play that game. It is playable without it, but better with it.
    If you like Stealth-Games, buy it!
  21. Sep 5, 2014
    A great port of the ps2 original, the graphics may look the same as the ps2 game but it is definitely one of the best versions of the game. It has a camouflage system that is even better than the original. You can use the camera to make camouflage in the game. All of the menus are through the touchscreen which can feel awkward at first but it is a lot faster than the original control onA great port of the ps2 original, the graphics may look the same as the ps2 game but it is definitely one of the best versions of the game. It has a camouflage system that is even better than the original. You can use the camera to make camouflage in the game. All of the menus are through the touchscreen which can feel awkward at first but it is a lot faster than the original control on the ps2. If you want to play metal gear solid snake eater on the go or have never experienced the game, i recommend this version. if you have the ps2 version and don't care about portability, i think it would be worth it at a lower price. Expand
  22. Sep 12, 2013
    As a fan of the Metal Gear Solid series, I have to say that this was the first Metal Gear Solid game I ever played. I never played MGS3 when it was first released, but have played it on the 3DS. When I first heard
    about Snake Eater 3D, I got a little curious, when the demo of this game was available (and still is) I downloaded it but when I first started playing I had no clue what to do since MGS is a stealth
    gaming series. When I played the demo of Snake Eater 3D again for a few more times, I thought "Hey this is actually really good" so I bought the game. The only problems I have with Snake Eater 3D is that you could control the camera using the X,Y,B,A buttons but thankfully the Circle Pad Pro fixed the problem and yes it is compatible with the Circle Pad Pro, plus another problem is that the Cutscenes (although they look good in 3D) are choppy and they lag often at times.

But aside the problems, MGS Snake Eater 3D is a great game to have for the 3DS. Score: 3/5.
  23. Nov 22, 2013
    It isn't a question of "Should I buy this game". It is a question of when Nintendo is going to release ANOTHER MGS for 3DS!
    I found Metal Gear Solid 3D highly addicting and immersing. It is one of the 3DS games that don't harm your eyes after playing in 3D. It is fun for people who have not played any Metal Gear Solid before this. Voice acting is superb, controls simple, and all around perfect. I can't think of a worthy pun for this amazing game. It doesn't get as much credit as deserved.
  24. Jul 22, 2014
    Snake Eater is one of my favorite games. If this review was for the original it would be a 10 for sure. This is a good port of Snake Eater, but some of the added features are kind of unnecessary and some just completely change the game. The balance mechanic is stupid, because unless you intentionally move the 3DS Snake will always be perfectly balanced, and the crouch walk is kind ofSnake Eater is one of my favorite games. If this review was for the original it would be a 10 for sure. This is a good port of Snake Eater, but some of the added features are kind of unnecessary and some just completely change the game. The balance mechanic is stupid, because unless you intentionally move the 3DS Snake will always be perfectly balanced, and the crouch walk is kind of interesting to use in Snake Eater, but it makes the game way too easy and camouflage almost completely unnecessary. Also having the mini map on the bottom screen really throws the game off, because it makes some things like The End way easier. They did a pretty good job updating the aiming controls to be like MGS4, and that is nice, because the aiming controls in the original were pretty bad. The menu for eating and patching up snake is also much more streamlined which doesn't hurt. This game is made a lot less worthwhile by the fact that MGS HD Collection has Snake Eater Subsistence w/ MG1 + 2, Peace Walker, and MGS2, and honestly Snake Eater shouldn't have had anything changed about it, because it was already pretty much perfect. Also MGS should be on a big screen with loud music, and the 3DS speakers don't do the badassness of the game's ending justice. Expand
  25. Nov 15, 2014
    This is an awesome 3ds game! Looks amazing on a 3ds screen. Framerate is decent, not as bad as made out to be. The controls are good as well, same as peace walker, don't understand why that was a complaint as well.Strongly recommend
  26. Mar 31, 2015
    Greatest of all in the series. And the 3ds version is a superior of hd versions. It have better controls, graphics and the pause. Yes, the hd version on ps3 don't have pause on cut scenes. I would recommend the 3ds xl for better experience. Young Ocelot is really impressive character.
  27. Apr 5, 2015
    This game was the reason I bought a 3DS, I loved Snake Eater on the PS2 and I was hyped to get this, and it was worth it, it's a fantastic port with some new features, like using photos you took on your 3DS as camo or the new crouch walk or as CDI-Link would say "The Duck Walk."

The 3D in this game looks gorgeous, but sadly this game does suffer from framerate issues once and a while, however this isn't common and it only gets bad in a few parts in the game.

Overall if you love Metal Gear or want a "solid" game on your 3DS, grab this! It's worth the money and a gem for the 3DS.

Snake Eater is an experience that quickly differentiated from others and we found the best of Kojima and this 3D version it's a much better option for fans of the series.
  2. Apr 20, 2012
    While it has some issues it is still completely playable but some people may be turned off by the learning curve of the controls and spotty frame rate but if you are able to looks past all of that then you can still find a fun time.
  3. Apr 6, 2012
    Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D is not the game's best version: it retains some flaws from the original game and adds new conversion-issues. Still, it's a good example of the series' classic gameplay.