7.7

1. Dec 23, 2011
    This game is an absolute blast! It's got gorgeous 2D graphics in a 3D plane (with some of the best 3D implementation I've ever seen. It'll make you want every future 2D game to be be in 3D) Amazing electronic up-beat soundtrack by previous WayForward game titles composer, Jake Kaufman, and of course the sweet, super-tight gameplay. If WayForward's previous titles are any indication, you should know to pick this game up right away. It combines Shantae's excellent platforming, with Mighty Flip Champs' killer puzzles, in a future setting. Fast-paced, short levels that press you to better and better your score. 16 fun, brain-teasing, action-packed levels fill out this game, and with a $6 price tag, you can't go wrong. High re-playability, and Highly recommended Expand
  2. Jan 2, 2012
    Mighty Switch Force is an incredible game, just too short to claim a 10. The Design is perfect, the gimmicks of the game-play are well crafted and the musics are great. It's too bad there's only 16 levels.
  3. Dec 31, 2011
    I would've gave this game a 10 had it been a more lengthy adventure for but $5.99 and considering the quality of the game, I wish I could've given it a 9.5 because it is clearly one of the best 3DS eShop titles so far (right behind Pushmo). This is the ONLY game where I play with the 3D permanently on because for one, it never hurts my eyes and two, WarForward really used the 3D in this game amazingly. The music is by far one of my favorites I've heard in almost any game and is a reason why I go back to play certain levels just so I can listen to the music again. It helps that the gameplay is fun, unique, and nicely paced. The par time drives you to return to best your previous time, especially when you learn the pattern of each stage after a few tries. I just really wished this game had at least 30 stages, that probably would've been perfect for a game of this price with nearly all the stages timing you to finish under 2 (several under 1) minutes, but all in all, it's an amazing title and I look forward to more eShop titles from WayForward (already loved their A Boy and His Blob remake). Expand

1. Aug 6, 2012
    Mighty Switch Force screws with your noodle while forcing you to try and speed through the levels to meet the ungodly fast 'par', always taunting you with your slowness.
  2. Apr 3, 2012
    It's short but sweet, which I personally prefer over games that overstay their welcome. It's also a pleasure to play, with a satisfying mix of action/platformer pizzazz and puzzle elements with a steady, addictive progression from those simple first stages to the devious concoctions of the late game.
  3. Mar 26, 2012
    Mighty Switch Force is more of a platformer / puzzle game than an action one, but even if its concept's quite basic, it's still a solid one. The game is a little short, but very well done.