8.0

1. Jul 25, 2013
    This game desperately calls for the exact same controls as Kid Icarus (on option of course, not imposed on everyone) as it's begging for it. Being a keyboard-and-mouse kind of gamer I really hated the camera controls in this game. It ruins the entire experience, which I can clearly see is nothing but barrels full of awesome. I can see, from the point of view of someone who likes thisThis game desperately calls for the exact same controls as Kid Icarus (on option of course, not imposed on everyone) as it's begging for it. Being a keyboard-and-mouse kind of gamer I really hated the camera controls in this game. It ruins the entire experience, which I can clearly see is nothing but barrels full of awesome. I can see, from the point of view of someone who likes this game, why they adore it so much... but I can't seem to get a groove going for the life of me. I always end up with the camera pointing away from the enemy. The "L" taps don't respond as expected. The button configs are super awkward. I tried an hour of the demo, then hours of the game itself... yet I never ever found my groove for this one. Not enough control options. Expand
  2. May 13, 2014
    COMMENT OF THE GAME
    -Good when you gathering the material for making equipment
    -Bad when you cannot beat a boss -Sad when you hunt for a rare material -Great when you finally hunt your rare material -Sad when 3ds cannot play online (only in local) -Sad when you control your view ( it is totally not a problem for me ,but maybe hard for rookie) -Sad when you cannot speak freely
    COMMENT OF THE GAME
    -Good when you gathering the material for making equipment
    -Bad when you cannot beat a boss
    -Sad when you hunt for a rare material
    -Great when you finally hunt your rare material
    -Sad when 3ds cannot play online (only in local)
    -Sad when you cannot speak freely

OVERALL
    -Great game for 3ds
    -Graphic is good (don't compare with wiiu thx)
    -Moderate Control
    -Not an engaging game, maybe monster hunter should add a story like GOD EATER but your character can speak freely like FIRE EMBLEM
    -CAPCOM boss fight , you know!
  3. Mar 22, 2013
    Made an account just to rate the game, I'm in love. the gathering is addictive and feels productive and rewarding when you find exactly what you need. Hunting the big monsters is exhilarating. The controls feel tight and comfortable even without a circle pad pro. This game is exactly what i was looking for and i cant recommend it enough.
  4. May 21, 2013
    Sorry, I know the game itself is great... but it controls like most of the time, I'm fighting the camera rather than the monsters. Sorry for the small review but It's all I have to say, didn't give the game a negative because the game is good, the camera is what ruins it.
  5. Mar 7, 2014
    The lack of tutorials at the beginning gave me a hard time to just understand how to play the game and what exactly is happening during a quest. The graphics aren't as good and 3D effects create minor lagging during combat. Other than that, it is a great game with lots of depth and great monsters to fight with. Look forward to MH4.
  6. May 24, 2014
    Nothing entirely clicks and there's just too much boredom. Everything related to the town and menus are enough to put me to sleep. Battles are alright, control a little stiff but i can see what they were going for i guess. You can get quite a few hours out of the game even if you don't love it though.
  7. Mar 18, 2014
    No doubt about it, this game is as addictive as hell, but the omission of online multiplayer is baffling. Having to use a stupid workaround with the WiiU is ridiculous when so many great 3DS games like Resident evil revelations have online multiplayer out of the box. You also need the circle pad pro to play the game properly. The controls and the lack of online multiplayer stops this gameNo doubt about it, this game is as addictive as hell, but the omission of online multiplayer is baffling. Having to use a stupid workaround with the WiiU is ridiculous when so many great 3DS games like Resident evil revelations have online multiplayer out of the box. You also need the circle pad pro to play the game properly. The controls and the lack of online multiplayer stops this game getting a 10. It's also starting to look a little dated, graphically speaking. Why does Europe and North America have to wait until 2015 for Monster hunter 4 and online multiplayer? Capcom are holding back their own franchise. Expand
  8. Sep 6, 2014
    This game is very good at its core, but both in itself (I guess) and even more so in this specific port it takes so much time and shenanigans to get to the good part it's almost not worth it:

-Great chunk of the game: the multiplayer, is gone and only available locally. -Controls on 3DS or 2DS will literally break your hands. -Grinding is as intensive as it gets: the game even

-Great chunk of the game: the multiplayer, is gone and only available locally.
    -Controls on 3DS or 2DS will literally break your hands.
    -Grinding is as intensive as it gets: the game even deliberately leaves you at a gap between your gear and its "difficulty" (as in, the immense HP and damage output of enemies, thus making it only artificial difficulty) once you reach High rank and G rank respectively so that your game comes to a stop and forces you to farm and look for a weapon you may not even want to craft, hindering the freedom that was given to you at first in choosing weapons.
    -Incredibly confusing... everything. From abilities, sporting needlessly two names: a name for when they are activated and a name on the stuff that awards said abilities, to millions of items and weapon characteristics and features that only a Wiki can save you from and it doesn't help that said wikis aren't really well made on the internet (sure, you can learn all of those and get used to those, it's never an excuse for sloppy design). Sometimes it feels like a modded game where you can drop stuff and gather it but then you just find a vendor that has them. Money, resource points, vouchers, gourment vouchers, trades, and tons of stuff that serve no purpose other than segmenting one single feature as they are all available in the same, only place in the game and they certainly don't help with immersion or anything like that since this game is as shallow and straight-forward as it gets and deliberately so, which isn't a bad thing but it's just to point out why this is a flaw.

Luckily the game itself is redeemed by its awesome weapon variety and combat, which unfortunately isn't without its flaws too:

-Underwater combat is abysmal.
    -Arbitrary "walking animation hurts you or doesn't" by monsters in a game about precision dodging and windows of opportunity to hit.

Overall giving it 7 is a big stretch. Buy a better title of the same series maybe.
  9. Jan 26, 2015
    Sorry, lack of online multiplayer is a game breaker for a Monster Hunter game.

Pros:
    + Monster design
    + deep game play
    + crafting and upgrading
    + Communicates with Wii U
    + local multiplayer

Cons:
    - NO ONLINE MULTIPLAYER
    - on small screen (game like this needs full HD)
    - worlds broken into pieces with loading walls everywhere
    - Communicates with Wii U, but NOT a cross buy

1. May 9, 2013
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is one of the largest Monster Hunter games to have been released and perhaps one of the largest 3DS games.
  2. Apr 29, 2013
    It is a shame that Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on 3DS is let down so badly by the lack of online capability. However, if you have friends with the title or have prior experience with the series and can deal with the challenge of fighting alone, then 3 Ultimate is worth picking up. Just make sure you play with the Circle Pad Pro.
  3. Apr 21, 2013
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is another very good reason to own a 3DS. It's the same huge game you can play on Wii U, and local coop is a blast. Online support is laughable, but the game is still a wonder. Having to choose, though, the Wii U version is superior.