7.0

1. May 15, 2014
    Despite not having subtitles and the cut scenes are the original DS game, the game is much prettier, running at 60 fps even with the 3D turned on, with good gameplay, very similar to Metroid Prime Hunters.
    For users of the Circle Pad Pro, greatly improves the gameplay, but still sins in not having a regulator of sensitivity of the camera.
    The game is divided into chapters, but the

The game is divided into chapters, but the original game was already short, approximately 4 hours, and the first episode can be completed in an hour. Overall it's a great portable FPS, the only FPS in the 3DS at the moment. Although not an AAA game, it brings a good experience.
  2. May 31, 2014
    While slightly short on content, Moon Chronicles is an excellent FPS. It's atmospheric, with a great plot and a great sense of exploration. It runs better than its DS counterpart thanks to the Circle Pad Pro and has better graphics as well.
  3. Jul 3, 2014
    I had bought this title and loaded it on my 3DS just before going on a camping weekend. Late one Saturday night while in my tent in the middle of the pitch black dead silent woods (ok, dead silent... I have a television in my tent... I can choose to end the silence) I decided to turn my 3DS on and begin playing this title. Normally I game very little when I'm camping but wow... not sure ifI had bought this title and loaded it on my 3DS just before going on a camping weekend. Late one Saturday night while in my tent in the middle of the pitch black dead silent woods (ok, dead silent... I have a television in my tent... I can choose to end the silence) I decided to turn my 3DS on and begin playing this title. Normally I game very little when I'm camping but wow... not sure if it's the setting I was in or the game or both, but everything felt perfect. I quickly took a huge liking in this game.

It's a simple game. Basic graphics. Basic FPS, almost retro by comparison to modern day titles. However it's just simple plain fun and you have the free time on your hands, and the correct setting to play in, you're going to have a blast reminiscent of the good old Doom days.

One big downside for me was the cutscenes are very low res and not stereoscopic 3D. That sort of tended to break my bubble and take me out of the mood. However as soon as the gameplay picks back up, you're in again... just wish the cutscenes were 3D. The controls for this game are PERFECT. Stylus-aim (feels like mouse aim) circle pad movement/strafe and L button to shoot. There's left-handed control schemes as well. The game is not short on content at all as it's super low priced and is clearly being delivered to us in episodes, so no need to affect my score with the game's length - it's fine.

This gets an easy 8. Would get a 9 with 3D cutscenes.

1. May 19, 2014
    It's really difficult to give Moon Chronicles a strong appraisal one way or the other. It's far from a stellar experience, but isn't a bad one either. There just isn't anything here that hasn't been done better elsewhere, and I can't see anyone other than FPS-starved 3DS owners or hardcore fans of the original being too interested.
  2. May 15, 2014
    Moon was a different project on the DS. It is an extremely atmospheric game and, even if it's short, can satiate the will of 3DS owners for games of the genre. The biggest problem is the episodic nature of the game -- the relationship between price and content will get better as the future episodes are released, but, at this point, the value of the game doesn't meet the expectations.
    Moon Chronicles: Episode 1 lifts the veil off of Renegade Kid’s revamped throwback FPS title. It's a healthy blend of retro aesthetics and modern controls, while the B-movie narrative set the stage for a solid shooter that’s a good fit for the 3DS eShop. It might be short, but it succeeded in leaving me with a desire for more. Hopefully the wait won’t be too long.