6.8

1. Feb 8, 2012
    Boring, repetitive, short, ugly, needlessly difficult, and over-priced. There are better, cheaper games. My son thought it was boring too. Judging by its metacritic score you can make a game with terrible, repetitive level design and as long as its retro its somehow ok.
  2. Jan 29, 2012
    I was excited about this game through the first few levels. The gameplay is fun but I cannot get past the overall design mechanics. This is one of those games that presents you with a near impossible task, usually having to do with timing, and then starts you at the beginning of the level when you die. Consequently, you end up replaying a level dozens of times until you perfect the move required to pass the point that you are stuck at. That mechanic draws bad memories and I get frustrated very quickly due to my experiences with other games with this same problem. Therefore, due to the developer's making a mistake this big, I am rating the game a 1. Expand

1. Aug 6, 2012
    There's a lot of depth for a downloadable title game, and Mutant Mudds contrasts strikingly with the first wave of DSiWare games, showing how the service is evolving.
  2. Jul 29, 2012
    Mutant Mudds is a nice interpetation of old-school action platforming, lacking in depth but succeeding in providing a genuine gameplay experience.
  3. Jul 24, 2012
    A treat for anyone raised on a screen the size of a custard cream. [Sept 2012, p.107]