7.5

1. Nov 6, 2012
    One of my favorite games this year.
    NightSky is a perfect game for playing at night. The simple graphic aesthetic of sundown with objects simply shown in shadowy outlines turns out to be beautiful, even moreso in 3D.

I played NightSky years ago at the IGF when it was set to be a WiiWare game. I was unimpressed at the time. The controls were using tilt, which is simply not precise
    enough for veteran gamers. You can accomplish SO much more with a proper controller, and when I found out that NightSky was using a controller on the 3DS, I was immediately sold.

The game has a great sense of feeling alone, but not in a totally lonely way. You explore and adventure, solving puzzles and using technique to get through it. The sound and music are muted to further provide that sense of isolation. It's a great game to play to get away from things, unique and different from the noisy shooters and other games that are busy trying to get in your face. NightSky lets you come to it and doesn't try to fake you out or sell you. It just is what it is, and what it is, is a lovely game that no-one should miss.
  2. Mar 14, 2013
    This games is really AWESOME!! The perfect game to play in bed using headphones. The art is really great, and the physics implementations and the sound are fabulous I'm really waiting a night sky 2 because this is one of the best games I've ever played in a handheld.I recommend
  3. Nov 1, 2012
    Looking for a game where ambiance, simplicity, creativity, and challenge coexist? This is your title. While the price could be slightly lower, after playing this title for a little over 2 hours (Non-stop), I still haven't finished the entire game. This game doesn't let you get frustrated so quickly either with it's ambient music and calming scenery.

Should you buy it? If ambiance is a
    puzzle game appeals to you, seriously, don't hesitate. Expand
  4. Nov 20, 2012
    A great relaxing game, I could play it for hours or enjoy the music, it's so simple that it is amazing. Roughly described, is a world of goo platformer but so much more. You know nicalis is a great developer, it's a great purchase.
  5. Feb 19, 2013
    This is possibly one of the best games on the 3DS, the simple graphics and the atmosphere is so relaxing, the music and sound effects are also very relaxing, and everything else is just relaxing.

1. One for the game-starved only. [May 2013, p.78]
  2. Apr 10, 2013
    Neat ambient tone is shattered by design confusion and physics frustration. [May 2013, p.79]
  3. Mar 10, 2013
    A small, simple, smart and very well made game, perfect for portable gaming, with a really nice atmosphere and good longevity. Nothing particularly new, though.