5.9

1. Feb 15, 2014
    I have been playing this game for about 8 hours and i feel that the gameplay is pretty solid. The way the turn based system is handled is that you choose the attack button select your target and then press the buttons in a correct sequence to unleash your attacks. From the beginning of the game the sequences are primarily just pressing the A button on your 3DS but each character gets SPI have been playing this game for about 8 hours and i feel that the gameplay is pretty solid. The way the turn based system is handled is that you choose the attack button select your target and then press the buttons in a correct sequence to unleash your attacks. From the beginning of the game the sequences are primarily just pressing the A button on your 3DS but each character gets SP points when you complete a battle thus giving you the option to upgrade your combos, TP special moves, etc. My one gripe with the game is that the manga style cutscenes are pretty boring and drag on for so long it feels like you're kept from playing the game but if you have read the manga or watched the anime and up to date with it you won't be missing out if you chose to skip these cutscenes. I skip the cutscenes only because I'm up to date with one piece. If you're not a hardcore fan of one piece this is not the game for you making it a rating of 4. For you hardcore one piece fans this deserves a 7. My first review =3 Expand
  2. Feb 19, 2014
    So I got Romance Dawn for 3ds.
    I find the reviews hilarious
    They only have "clips" followed by still caps to advance the story! No voice acting! I don't want to read and am to stupid to even figure out who is talking! It uses a JRPG turn based combat system. Sorry that is actually Western standards for all "real" rpgs. Goes back to Ultima. You let the computer then or now be in true
    So I got Romance Dawn for 3ds.
    I find the reviews hilarious

It uses a JRPG turn based combat system. Sorry that is actually Western standards for all "real" rpgs. Goes back to Ultima. You let the computer then or now be in true real time it can make 100 billion commands to it's units in the time it takes you click a mouse.

Don't like "Tactical turn based combat..." don't buy a tactical turn based combat game. We have dumbed down RPG's, got rid of exploring, choices, the ability to make our own self into a game where you made choices and the outcomes changed with them.

Now you can level up gun and armor, have a premade self, can pick good and evil but nothing in between, and your choices like Mass Effect 3 are as such, you did good you killed reapers and died, you did bad you killed reapers and died, you screwed everyone and died.

Buy the games you like, but don't buy a game then sit then and whine thinking it will become it. Romance Dawn isn't a puzzle game, a first person shooter, or a football game, It's Not Cooking Sanji, ER simulator with doctor Chopper, or Battlefield Ussop edition.

So far, what it claimed to be...it is. And these games have grind. I'm even seeing some redone animation in the cut scenes, then Nami asks Luffy to help her at Arlong park, it's not the original or the Nami short story. (mostly evident she had no blood coming from her arm or a stabbing scene.)

It's a fricking what? 200 meg maybe 300 meg game? That's half of a CD rom, 1/3rd a GIG which a DVD could go up to seven.

Enjoy it for what it is. And honestly, I played the hell out of it since I got it and find it amusing.
  3. Feb 11, 2014
    From what I've played so far the game is very enjoyable. The combat is smart and fun for me at least. The only problem i've notices so far was the camera
  4. May 25, 2014
    I buy THIS GAME BECAUSE I AM ONE PIECE FAN ..... I FINISH THE GAME BECAUSE I M ONE PIECE GAME ..........................I WOULD NOT STOP YOU FROM BUYING THIS GAME , BUT LOOK AT THE SCORE !!!! BUY THIS GAME IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE ONE PIECE'S FANS !!!!!!!!!!

1. Apr 15, 2014
    Only recommended for those who read this review and still want to buy the game anyway.
  2. Apr 13, 2014
    We feel sorry to see that a great publisher like Namco Bandai, in possession of a good license such as One Piece, produced such a mediocre title, which will be attractive only to the hardcore fans of the series, and especially the younger among them.
  3. Mar 17, 2014
    One Piece: Romance Dawn tries hard to tell the Straw Hats’ story, but you’d be better off just watching the anime.