One Piece: Romance Dawn 3DS

6.7

1. Feb 19, 2014
    So I got Romance Dawn for 3ds.
    I find the reviews hilarious
    They only have "clips" followed by still caps to advance the story! No voice acting! I don't want to read and am to stupid to even figure out who is talking! It uses a JRPG turn based combat system. Sorry that is actually Western standards for all "real" rpgs. Goes back to Ultima. You let the computer then or now be in true
    So I got Romance Dawn for 3ds.
    I find the reviews hilarious

It uses a JRPG turn based combat system. Sorry that is actually Western standards for all "real" rpgs. Goes back to Ultima. You let the computer then or now be in true real time it can make 100 billion commands to it's units in the time it takes you click a mouse.

Don't like "Tactical turn based combat..." don't buy a tactical turn based combat game. We have dumbed down RPG's, got rid of exploring, choices, the ability to make our own self into a game where you made choices and the outcomes changed with them.

Now you can level up gun and armor, have a premade self, can pick good and evil but nothing in between, and your choices like Mass Effect 3 are as such, you did good you killed reapers and died, you did bad you killed reapers and died, you screwed everyone and died.

Buy the games you like, but don't buy a game then sit then and whine thinking it will become it. Romance Dawn isn't a puzzle game, a first person shooter, or a football game, It's Not Cooking Sanji, ER simulator with doctor Chopper, or Battlefield Ussop edition.

So far, what it claimed to be...it is. And these games have grind. I'm even seeing some redone animation in the cut scenes, then Nami asks Luffy to help her at Arlong park, it's not the original or the Nami short story. (mostly evident she had no blood coming from her arm or a stabbing scene.)

It's a fricking what? 200 meg maybe 300 meg game? That's half of a CD rom, 1/3rd a GIG which a DVD could go up to seven.

Enjoy it for what it is. And honestly, I played the hell out of it since I got it and find it amusing.
  2. Feb 11, 2014
    From what I've played so far the game is very enjoyable. The combat is smart and fun for me at least. The only problem i've notices so far was the camera

1. Apr 15, 2014
    Only recommended for those who read this review and still want to buy the game anyway.
  2. Apr 13, 2014
    We feel sorry to see that a great publisher like Namco Bandai, in possession of a good license such as One Piece, produced such a mediocre title, which will be attractive only to the hardcore fans of the series, and especially the younger among them.
  3. Mar 17, 2014
    One Piece: Romance Dawn tries hard to tell the Straw Hats’ story, but you’d be better off just watching the anime.