7.5

1. Aug 2, 2013
    An Action RPG made for the fans of One Piece and the genre alike. Good gameplay, beautiful environments and an intriguing story make this game worth playing. A great port that looks wonderful on the 3DS with just a dab of extra content revolving around the Whitebeard War arc, this is definitely worth your time.

I believe this game deserves the critical acclaim it has achieved overseas

I believe this game deserves the critical acclaim it has achieved overseas and that the 9/10 score it claims should speak for itself.
  2. Feb 16, 2013
    Tedious, annoying and repetitive gameplay that requires constant backtracking and constant puzzling on how to get a material/item, and most of the time you are never even given a hint on how to get it and you have to resort to using guides on the internet.

The Marineford Mode is the only enjoyable thing in this game and even that's just constant battling and nothing else. I only reccommend this game if you are an extreme hardcore fan of One Piece, but I am a fan too and I found this game to be the biggest waste of money ever.
  3. Apr 15, 2015
    (Note: This is a review of the Wii version, as that's nowhere to be found on this site for some reason!)

This game is largely similar to Unlimited Adventure, but simply better, you get a proper hub to explore (Thousand Sunny, I love that place), there are more bosses to conquer, the environments looks better and you get to play as an additional character. Once again I have to say that

Once again I have to say that this game actually feels like something the Once Piece crew would do on their quest - arriving at random islands, exploring them, developing things to progress further and battle a lot of enemies and familiar One Piece characters. The bosses in this game are hard as hell as in UA and are a blast to play. It's like Demon Souls in that aspect.

I like One Piece but I am not a fanboy, nevertheless, I loved the gameplay. This is the game that I spent the most time playing without interrupting it, really crazy. I can totally understand that some people may find this game boring and tedious, because it's basically a large grind - hunting for items to progress further, but I couldn't help it - I still loved it.
    It's better than UA for sure.

A WARNING, though, the 3DS version is said to be a bad port, so if you can, play the Wii version. Also, unlike the Japanese version which had both Cruise 1 and 2 on a single cartridge, for some dumb reason they decided to split it into two games outside of Japan again and cut 50% of the content. It has an additional Marineford mode over the Wii version which features the whole war and famous battles of that arc, so there's a little extra for you if you want to play the 3DS version.
  4. Feb 16, 2013

1. Apr 28, 2012
    One Piece: Unlimited SP is a terrible port of a Wii-game, that was pretty lame to begin with. Only the original Japanese voices and it's humor are passable, but other than that, it's not worth wasting time on.
  2. Mar 21, 2012
    One Piece Unlimited Cruise SP is not as limited as expected initially, but for fans who want to have an adventure of the series for Nintendo's portable it can offer a dose of acceptable content.
  3. Games Master UK
    Mar 14, 2012
    If being a pirate was this boring, torrent sites would have shut down years ago. [Apr 2012, p.90]