8.3

1. Oct 24, 2013
    I have always loved the Phoenix Wright games, witty humor with dialogue that makes you think so you can unravel and defend your client. I even enjoyed Apollo Justice, and Miles Edgeworth that were included in this wonderful series. I must say though, this game takes Phoenix Wright and moves the game in a superb direction. Yes, I know you have to download the game and that their is noI have always loved the Phoenix Wright games, witty humor with dialogue that makes you think so you can unravel and defend your client. I even enjoyed Apollo Justice, and Miles Edgeworth that were included in this wonderful series. I must say though, this game takes Phoenix Wright and moves the game in a superb direction. Yes, I know you have to download the game and that their is no physical copies but trust me, if you like Phoenix Wright then your going to want to download this game. I have only played thirty minutes into the game(plus the demo before the game was released on the eshop), and I can honestly say I love this game, for its graphics and the story line that I'm so intrigued to learn more about to figure out what this story and its five cases(plus an extra one you can download) are all about!!!!!! Expand
  2. Oct 29, 2013
    It was four freaking years since Investigations!! And we didn't even get the sequel! Now finally a new Ace Attorney game, and it was completely worth the wait. It's the 2nd best, right next to the first game, Rise from the Ashes is still my favourite case, but A Turnabout for Tomorrow in this game comes close. I won't spoil anything but the twist is really surprising and intricate.
  3. Jan 18, 2014
    Ace Attorney Dual Destinies is the 5th game in the main Ace Attorney series. And the sequel to Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice. But this game blows Apollo Justice out of the water. It has a fantastic story with brilliant writing, and a fantastic cast of characters. And this title is just as funny as any other game in the series, with it's pop culture references and references to other gamesAce Attorney Dual Destinies is the 5th game in the main Ace Attorney series. And the sequel to Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice. But this game blows Apollo Justice out of the water. It has a fantastic story with brilliant writing, and a fantastic cast of characters. And this title is just as funny as any other game in the series, with it's pop culture references and references to other games in the series.

The graphics are some other the best on the 3DS, The original 2D sprites look great with the 3D overhaul and I honestly believe it looks better that the sprites. The characters have just as much charm as the characters in the original trilogy on DS. And the anime cutscenes by BONES, are really well animated and look really nice.

The orchestrated soundtrack is just as good as the other games in the series, it's catchy, memorable, and incredibly epic. And even though it is not my favorite soundtrack in the series, that would be Ace Attorney Investigations 2's, it still worthy of being an Ace Attorney soundtrack. The voice acting is typical CAPCOM voice acting, by that I mean it is hilariously cheesy. And it can occasionally be on par with Mega man X4 in terms of cheesiness.

Overall, a fantastic game, and even though series creator Shu Takumi didn't work on this installment in the series. It still manages to capture the same charm that the original trilogy had. The only problem the game really has is it's many, many spelling errors, but it is not something that ruins the game. The game is worth it's £19.99 price tag on the 3DS Eshop.

OVERALL -
  4. Dec 11, 2013
    This new installment in the Ace Attorney series not only lives up to our expectations of the series, but brings it up a notch, bringing in game mechanics such as Apollo's Perceive ability, but also bringing in new mechanics like Athena's Mood Matrix. Story and dialogue-wise, its as good as any of its predecessors, if not better, which slowly draws you into the game, making you engrossed inThis new installment in the Ace Attorney series not only lives up to our expectations of the series, but brings it up a notch, bringing in game mechanics such as Apollo's Perceive ability, but also bringing in new mechanics like Athena's Mood Matrix. Story and dialogue-wise, its as good as any of its predecessors, if not better, which slowly draws you into the game, making you engrossed in it so easily, you might not even want to put down the game just to see how the character you're playing as will wrap up the case.

This game is definitely a good pick-up for any fans of the series, and for non-fans who are interested in things like puzzles or mysteries, they may want to try it out also. The game is also priced well below the price of a normal 3DS game so its well worth its cost.
  5. Mar 22, 2014
    My favorite AA game in the series, there are no cases poorly thought out with the writing being very consistent, other than Trials and Tribulations every other Ace Attorney has at least one or more poor cases, but Dual Destinies has no such thing, characters are memorable, music is solid, twists in this game are the best in the series and they will leave your heart pounding, especially atMy favorite AA game in the series, there are no cases poorly thought out with the writing being very consistent, other than Trials and Tribulations every other Ace Attorney has at least one or more poor cases, but Dual Destinies has no such thing, characters are memorable, music is solid, twists in this game are the best in the series and they will leave your heart pounding, especially at the end.

Only gripe with the game is the difficulty being toned down a lot and the "Dark age of the law" setting could use a bit more evidence backed up to it, but the pros of this game outweigh these very minor cons.

Overall Dual Destinies is a fantastic adventure/visual novel game that every fan of series and the genre must have.
  6. Jun 4, 2014
    I'm a huge Ace Attorney fan. I love all the games, including Apollo Justice. But, I'm being very generous with this 9.

I mean, it's a fantastic game, but it's easy. I don't feel like it challenged me anywhere near as much as the other ones. Not only that, but I'm not sure if I like the 3D graphics this one has. Ace Attorney feels like a game that should be in 2D, and I think the 2D animations were more interesting than the 3D ones in this.

Also, the tone and writing. I feel that whereas Apollo Justice tried to take the series down a more dark and gritty path, this one tried to backpedal and was more upbeat than any of the other ones.

I may be in the minority here, but I honestly prefer the more realistic character designs over the super goofy and obnoxious ones. When I see the really goofy looking characters in this, I feel like I'm watching some weird anime, and that's not what I want to feel when playing a game like this.

Also, I feel like there's way too much pressing and way too little presenting. It was also pretty short in my opinion, and the investigations were a cakewalk.

Overall, it's a great game, with some great new characters (Athena, Blackquill, etc.), but I honestly think I prefer the older ones. Still, it's definitely worth checking out!
  7. Nov 3, 2013
    WARNING this game advertises as 5 cases, but in reality, case 4 and 5 are basically one long case, so it's a little misleading. Having said that, it's a as shame decisions like this, the download only decision, and the localizations we don't get are handled by the business side of Capcom, because because the actual develops do such an amazing job with these these games. InvestigationWARNING this game advertises as 5 cases, but in reality, case 4 and 5 are basically one long case, so it's a little misleading. Having said that, it's a as shame decisions like this, the download only decision, and the localizations we don't get are handled by the business side of Capcom, because because the actual develops do such an amazing job with these these games. Investigation sequences are actually very well done, with checkmark when examining, more direction about where to go, and Apollo's bracelet used outside the courtroom to enhance the game play. The trials are great, with an amazing new end sequence in each case (not case 4 because again, it's just a short intro to case 5) where you string together multiple answers to bust the bad guy. The music in this game clearly stands as my highlight, as it has remixed themes and amazing new ones as well. Athena's mood matrix is a great change of pace that adds another layer of fun. Characters are as crazy as ever, and watching their breakdowns is even more fun than ever in 3d. Truly an amazing accomplishment; any fan of the series will greatly enjoy this game. Expand
  8. Oct 29, 2013
    I absolutely loved this game! Up to the fourth turnabout currently, and can say that this game is a big step forward from the previous games (especially Apollo Justice). The script is well written, and contains countless numbers of witty jokes that lighten the mood when needed. The visuals are greatly enhanced, especially with the 3D slider on during cut-scenes and dramatic moments.I absolutely loved this game! Up to the fourth turnabout currently, and can say that this game is a big step forward from the previous games (especially Apollo Justice). The script is well written, and contains countless numbers of witty jokes that lighten the mood when needed. The visuals are greatly enhanced, especially with the 3D slider on during cut-scenes and dramatic moments. However, possibly the greatest thing about this game is the music. If you've played the older games, you'll notice how the themes have been slightly remixed and enhanced with more instruments due to 3DS being able to produce these unique sounds compared to the original DS. All in all, great game, and still looking forward to finishing it! (it also takes ages) Expand
  9. Feb 21, 2014
    I'm sad to say that this was my second game in the Phoenix Wright series, since I played this before Justice for All and Trials and Tribulations, which I don't recommend doing. A good amount of content references previous entries in the series and it isn't as fun if you don't get it. Regardless, there is a lot of amazing aspects to be seen. The upgrade to 3D models was aestheticallyI'm sad to say that this was my second game in the Phoenix Wright series, since I played this before Justice for All and Trials and Tribulations, which I don't recommend doing. A good amount of content references previous entries in the series and it isn't as fun if you don't get it. Regardless, there is a lot of amazing aspects to be seen. The upgrade to 3D models was aesthetically pleasing, although I like the original style just the same. The characters themselves are a lot of fun, as well as the cases themselves. I would certainly suggest getting the DLC case when you can as it is just as good as the other cases. My favorite thing above all is the music. Man, does the music make you feel like you can do anything as a defense attorney. Probably my only gripe with this game is some of the voice acting and some spelling errors in the text. But honestly; if you enjoyed any of the previous games in the series, this is a must buy. Just make sure you play the others first. Expand
  10. Nov 8, 2013
    Although the original trilogy were merely untouchable at this point; Dual Destinies still managed to blow me away with the amount of EXCELLENT story writing with each and every cast of characters that were introduced in this brand new game. What's genuinely surprising was that I actually grew to care for most of the new casts by the end of the game and really wouldn't mind about the factAlthough the original trilogy were merely untouchable at this point; Dual Destinies still managed to blow me away with the amount of EXCELLENT story writing with each and every cast of characters that were introduced in this brand new game. What's genuinely surprising was that I actually grew to care for most of the new casts by the end of the game and really wouldn't mind about the fact that some of its series' popular "alumni" didn't make their returns as long as the story's captivating, all an'all I'M FINE with this new production and I can't wait for more, Capcpom! (Wait.... Objection!) Expand
  11. Oct 25, 2014
    THAT ENDING DOE, SERIOUSLY THIS GAME IS A MASTERPIECE I loved every freaking case :3
    EVERY. FREAKING. CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and Athena's cool too, plus Apillow (Apollo) Justice is more likable now, and phoenix is no longer a hobo, FANTASTIC :D
  12. Mar 13, 2014
    WHAT A GAME! It exponentially rose towards the top of my favorite game franchises just after the first one!
    If at any point you get frustrated with the evidence or not being able to progress, dont use walkthroughs as it spoils the thrill just a little.
    It's story(s) are fantastic and hard to beat with such fulfilling plot twists and deep, DEEP characters. Phoenix Wright is truely a

Phoenix Wright is truely a masterpiece.
  13. Oct 31, 2013
    Every Phoenix Wright game has had some kind of amazing feature behind it. This game, being download only, made it cheaper on release and easy to get. Along with the free download to switch character clothing. You get to play as multiple lawyers in this one. Athena, Apollo, and Phoenix join up as a force and take on multiple cases. You also get a view at an incredible story line that begsEvery Phoenix Wright game has had some kind of amazing feature behind it. This game, being download only, made it cheaper on release and easy to get. Along with the free download to switch character clothing. You get to play as multiple lawyers in this one. Athena, Apollo, and Phoenix join up as a force and take on multiple cases. You also get a view at an incredible story line that begs you for wanting more.

The only thing I can say about this game is that it was easier then the previous games. It also felt a bit longer though!
  14. Nov 27, 2013
    First game for me of the Phoenix Wright saga. And after many videos of the older games I've been finally able to play it. I like it, it's fun and can entertain you if you want to think and remember about what people did and said. It's just reading a Manga with some interaction in it.
  15. Jan 5, 2014
    The game is superb. The writing is amazing as always, the 3D graphics are amazing and the overall's game plot is awesome. I see a lot of criticsm saying that the game recycled the plot style from the first game, but it isn't. It is just fan dumb. The game is very long, which is something also very nice, the previous game could be beat in 5 hours, but I beat this one under two days. CapcomThe game is superb. The writing is amazing as always, the 3D graphics are amazing and the overall's game plot is awesome. I see a lot of criticsm saying that the game recycled the plot style from the first game, but it isn't. It is just fan dumb. The game is very long, which is something also very nice, the previous game could be beat in 5 hours, but I beat this one under two days. Capcom knows how to create great games and this is a proof of it. Can't wait to see more of the spiky haired lawyer again! Expand
  16. Feb 26, 2014
    This is one of the best games I've played on the 3DS. I will always love the original trilogy more but this game came very close. I'm happy to see that even though capcom is not making the best choices they can still make a good ace attorney game.

The game itself is brilliant it has a great sound track, memorable moments and as always top notch writing, but there were more spelling/grammar errors in the game than normal. There also are a few other changes to the game. For instance you can now only examine some locations instead of every location, the locations you do get to examine can be viewed from diffrent angels making it more fun, though I would rather have every location examinable. Other changes are that you now have a little menu that tells you what to do next, this is optional but it can be very helpful, where in previous game I could get stuck somewhere and had to look up what I had to do next now it much easier and the progression becomes smother and less annoying when you can't figure out what to do next. (This is obviously not the case during the trial as otherwise the game would just be following the instructions). The music in this game is just as good if not better then the previous games, and once again can pull you into the cases by playing the right music at the right time.

Conclusion: 9
    good:
    - beautiful graphics
    - brilliant writing
    - Great music
    bad:
    - very little "game-play"
    - some grammar and spelling mistakes
  17. Apr 22, 2014
    Much like the rest of the Ace Attorney series (and my only criticism of the series in general), it's a difficult game to come back to if you stop playing for a while (I have absolutely no idea what's happening now). The story is the usual engaging tale and the characters are hilarious. Having only played a few of the previous games I really liked the individual abilities each characterMuch like the rest of the Ace Attorney series (and my only criticism of the series in general), it's a difficult game to come back to if you stop playing for a while (I have absolutely no idea what's happening now). The story is the usual engaging tale and the characters are hilarious. Having only played a few of the previous games I really liked the individual abilities each character had, really broke up the long bouts of text, also the kind of new features of the investigation and courtroom. You must be prepared to read a lot or enjoy reading because that's a main component of the game. Nevertheless, great game. Expand
  18. Jun 11, 2014
    Even though I found this game a bit dull, when compared to the rest of the games, I still praise this game for the great 3D it offers, and it doesn't lag the game at all, which was a problem with some other 3DS games. The story is great, and the new Mood Matrix is epic. Athena is a great character, and I really like the fact that each member of the attorney-trio has their own case. Also,Even though I found this game a bit dull, when compared to the rest of the games, I still praise this game for the great 3D it offers, and it doesn't lag the game at all, which was a problem with some other 3DS games. The story is great, and the new Mood Matrix is epic. Athena is a great character, and I really like the fact that each member of the attorney-trio has their own case. Also, the ending for each case is EPIC, mostly because of the new mechanic that I will not spoil for the sake of sheer pity for those who don't experience it without knowing when it happens. Expand
  19. Oct 4, 2014
    This is easily my second best game of all time, and I played a lot of them!
    I really really liked it!
    And Mood Matrix and Psyche Locks are such a great features.
    Athena and Apollo are GREAT!
    Story is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!
    Music is
  20. Jun 25, 2014
    Being one of my favorite gaming franchises I must say that this game was truly amazing. The cases were well designed diverse and very interesting and most of all had totally unexpected endings even if you think you have grown used to them. Containing at least 30 hours of quality game time phoenix wright is truly worth its money. Regarding the new 3ds graphics the game looked simplyBeing one of my favorite gaming franchises I must say that this game was truly amazing. The cases were well designed diverse and very interesting and most of all had totally unexpected endings even if you think you have grown used to them. Containing at least 30 hours of quality game time phoenix wright is truly worth its money. Regarding the new 3ds graphics the game looked simply stunning and the scenery looked very nice. I would recommend this game to anyone who likes the adventure game genre. Expand

1. Apr 13, 2014
    Capcom has put together yet another fun and witty game, that makes us use the gray matter and will please children and adults. However, it should also be said that, several years from the first game and with only few changes added from time to time, the series may need something new very soon.
  2. Mar 12, 2014
    One of the best of the games in the series, Dual Destinies takes a while to build back up from its explosive beginning, but it’s more of the same fun characters, stories, and gameplay fans have come to expect.
  3. Feb 13, 2014
    Dual Destinies' main plot falters a little and the simplified puzzles are a shame. DD might not rise to the brilliance of the earlier Ace Attorney games, but it's still a worthy and welcome addition to the series. [Jan 2014]