3.5

1. Sep 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Do not be fooled; this game is utter garbage. The dungeon are designed terribly, and later dungeons are just the same as earlier ones albeit with recoloring. The story is pretty dull, and when you slog through the long game, fighting generic enemies and dealing with a bland level-up system, you fight the final boss, which is just a basic enemy. Once you beat it, he says the entire plot was basically never going to actually happen. That's right, you payed $10 to waste 5+ hours of your life. Expand
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    This game doesn't have randomly generated mazes in this game, and you won't find this game too much fun. If you tried it, you might think it's fun, but as you continue, it's the same thing, nothing new, simple enemies, and mazes, and then it will get boring. I thought it was a fun game, but I didn't see this happening. It could had been better... I tried other rpg games, and those other rpg games I played seemed more funner than this. When you fight someone, it will ALWAYS be the same music. It NEVER changes. Also, the dungeons are just called in three different colors, one of them are the hardest, and one of them are the easiest. Think before you buy. This game is worth more like 6 dollars instead of wasting my money... Collapse Expand
  3. Jul 15, 2013
    I've tried it and it was pretty fun at start but after few hours of play i got bored.. same mazes, different colors.. little to simple. It took me 6+ hours to finish it.
  4. Jul 17, 2013
    It's obvious that the developers put effort into this, but it ended up not being fun at all. This review will list all of the failings I found in the first hour. My review is scathing because I feel cheated out of a few dollars, and would not have been if there were more negative reviews. For some reason the eShop ranks this game as 4 stars.

Your character has 3 stats. All 3 advance
    when you level up, and you get to choose how they progress to some degree. I like choices and stat management, so this sounds fun! No, this illusion of choice was ruined by the fact that only 1 stat really matters. Speed is the only stat you will need. Whenever you level up, just pick the option that increases speed the most.

Why is speed the only important stat? Because a high speed will allow you to outrun enemies on the map, and therefor avoid combat. The combat system in this game is no fun at all. You face opponents one at a time, and take turns whacking at each other. Each combat action you take will do extra damage if you press keys with proper timing. There are multiple skills and multiple weapons.

"Hey, I like item and skill management!"
    Not in this game, you won't. There are no trade offs between weapons. Each is objectively better or worse than the other. Furthermore, you will only receive weapons in a specific order as you complete quests. The same is true for skills. Certain quest givers will provide you with a new weapon and skill after you have attained a high-enough character level to accept their quest. The only way weapons affect the game is in how much damage they do and the attack animation that you see. The only way skills affect the game is in how much damage they do and what button combination you need to use.

This game is all about going through dungeons to complete quests. Dungeons consist of a series of rooms connected by hallways. Hallways contain no enemies, and rooms do. Rooms also contain items that give you temporary bonuses to your stats. Your main experience in dungeon crawling will be outrunning enemies while you reach your target.

"You mean the dungeons contain items I can use? Sounds like fun!"
    No, you won't be using items very much. If you are successful in outrunning enemies there will be at most 1 combat encounter per quest. After this your health will be refilled, making potions unnecessary. Using items that increase strength is pointless. The increase in damage they provide is offset by the fact that it gives the enemy an extra turn to attack. The only items I use are shields, which provide temporary defense. You could sell items in the shop, but they are worth almost nothing. The shop doesn't have useful equipment anyway, so your gold supply will continue to pile up as you play.

1. Sep 3, 2012
    Unfortunately it's unlikely to garner much of a following, both because the singleplayer experience is so bland and the level designs are repetitive - in fact, almost every element is lackluster. A shame, and a game that's hard to recommend.
  2. It's horrible stuff: a yawning, Nietzschean abyss of a game that makes you believe those people who say that there's no point in video games.
  3. Aug 28, 2012
    Overall, this game misses the mark by light years. It's fun for a spell, but grows old quickly – making the short burst play style a blessing in disguise. But if you're looking for an RPG that can hold its own in a genre stuffed with stellar titles, unfortunately you'll have to look a lot deeper into space than Planet Crashers.