8.8

1. Jan 17, 2014
    I know I haven't been doing this for some time, but that's because I had my school account on here and forgot to put my real Google account...but besides that, this game is really epic. I, for one, am kind of a Pokemon gaming and viewing nerd. I, honestly, love that about myself. Pokemon X is an awesome game and I really want it. You guys might be saying, ''YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN IT YET...DUDE!!'. Well, there's school and my grades are kind of bad with this D and F I need to work on. But, I'll get there. Anyways, this game is truly an epic game and I recommend you get this game. Very epic if you love Pokemon. Expand
  2. Nov 8, 2013
    made an account just so I can express how brilliant this game is, everyone I know bought a 3ds for this game and they wee not disappointed. This game tweaks every single nit-pick that the previous entries in the series had. Character customization? Check. Diagonal walking? Check. Ability to run from start? Check. Incredibly sped up gameplay? Check. Brilliant graphics? Check.
  3. Nov 12, 2013
    Improving upon the previous titles in the series in almost every way, Game Freak has balanced the addition of new features without sacrificing the traditional formula of Pokémon games brilliantly. My favourite addition to the series is "Super Training", which is a in-depth way to train your team, the player can choose which specific skill they want to improve on their Pokémon through petting, feeding and playing (repetitive) mini-games with the select Pokémon the player wishes to train.

The addition of Super Training and other mini-games promotes a much more personal feel to training your Pokémon, bringing the player closer to being a real "Pokémon Trainer". It is through these feelings Game Freak evokes in us that you can see Pokémon X and Y are the best Pokémon games to date.
  4. Nov 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. With the introduction of Pokémon X and Y versions, the seventeen years of work that has gone into all of the Pokémon games seems to have finally reached what the creator, Junichi Masuda, has been working towards. Many of the new features make the game not only more functional, but in ways, more personal. The updated graphics are also nothing to scoff at. With the 3D effects and cell shading, it makes all the previous games seem primitive.
    In the past games, having a bond with your Pokémon was purely a mental thing. Sure, the more you walked around and battled with your Pokémon, the more it would “like” you, and the more powerful the attack Return would become. However, that was all there was to show for that bond. Now, with the feature of Pokémon Amie, you can build up enough of a “friendship” with your creature that they’ll dodge attacks, land more critical hits, cure themselves of status conditions, and even survive a lethal blow just because they love you that much.
    With the addition of over seventy new Pokémon, the pool of Pokémon to choose from while playing is vast to say the least. This, along with the new fairy typing, can make it very difficult to limit yourself to a team of just six. Though, this isn’t to say it’s a bad problem to have. In previous games, it was easy to fall into a rut of having certain Pokémon on your team every play through.
    The Super Training option has made training Pokémon for competitive battling easier. It makes it a lot easier to keep track of the effort values the Pokémon has gained. This about goes hand-in-hand with the Player Search System (PSS). The PSS helps keep track of friends, and allows easier access to battles. With these two options side by side, competitive battling is easier now more than ever.
    Another amazing feature is the customization option for your character. With hundreds of clothing options to choose from, and different hairstyles and color, it really does feel as though you are going on your own Pokémon adventure.
    However, while all of this is great, the main reasoning for giving the game a rating of 8/10 instead of a solid ten was due to how easy the game was. Arriving at the Elite Four, I found my full team of six to all be at level eighty. Poor Diantha didn’t stand a chance. This was more than likely due to the Exp. Share now sharing experience points with the whole team. While it’s a very convenient feature, it leaves the game almost too easy. After how difficult Black 2 and White 2 were, it feels like a step down. In White 2, the game hours spent to become the champion ranged from twenty to twenty-four hours, easily. Running through X version, it took maybe ten game hours to complete.
    Along with that, it was blatantly obvious who the main villain was. Though, in the first few hours of the fandom playing the game as a whole, there was the theory that Professor Sycamore and Diantha were Team Flare leaders. However, it was only that: a fun theory. Those two weren’t the ones preaching about a beautiful world –like Lysander. Nor were they the ones dressing fashionably. While that could be argued on Diantha’s part, Professor Sycamore is a complete fashion disaster, because those orange socks do not go with his mainly purple scheme in the least. The only surprise with Team Flare was the doomsday device, but that in itself brings up another problem.
    Lysander didn’t seem to have a clear reasoning for his anger. Sure, he preached and preached about a perfect world, but he never really seemed to give a clear reasoning as to why he wanted this. Every other team had a distinctive motive. Team Rocket wanted to make a fortune. Team Magma wanted to expand the land and Team Aqua wanted to expand the seas, each for their representing Pokémon. Team Galactic wanted to create a new universe to Cyrus’s ideal. Admittedly, Team Galactic had one of the most twisted goals since even though you were out to stop them Cyrus admitted that the player and Champion Cynthia fit his ideals, and would make it into his new universe. Team Plasma worked under the ruse that they were going to liberate all Pokémon from humans, while Ghetsis actually wanted world domination. Team Flare? Well, they just seemed to be a bunch of angry fashionistas.
    The game didn’t really have any difficulties to it. It was probably one of the most straightforward Pokémon games to be released. However, this is more than likely in light of the new graphics system. Hopefully, with whatever the Z version will be, this will be fixed. It would certainly be a shame to have all of the wonderful features mentioned prior, but not have a game that works with it.
    All in all, it was a very worthwhile game. Even with its lack of challenges, the game was fun, and worth the time and money. Seeing what has been presented to us in this game makes me even more excited for the next game. It’s a game that anyone with a 3DS would be crazy not to own.
  5. Dec 2, 2013
    Pokemon doesn't normally go out of their comfort zone. When Pokemon Red/Green released in 1996, the series hit the ball with an excellent little top-down adventure featuring a young boy on his journey to being a Pokemon master. Gamefreak has kept that formula for future portable titles to come, from Red/Green to Black/White. Now with the new generation, comes new innovation, for X/Y, comes a new region, a new adventure, and one of the most drastic steps the series has ever taken.

With the new generation, comes a new dimension; a new way to play Pokemon. This isn't the first time a Pokemon game has experimented with 3-D, but this is the first time Pokemon has integrated full 3D throughout the entire game. This is a welcome change to a series that has kept the same formula for so long. In previous games, only certain parts of the world remained in 3D, while the rest of the world kept at a 2D top-down prospective. With every building, character, and terrain in full 3D, there is no more separation, keeping the game fluid and consistent.

Along with a full 3D world, comes full 3D Pokemon as well. The Pokemon no longer are restricted to 2-D sprites, but instead all have fully fleshed out models and animations. Each Pokemon has their own idle animation as well as attack animations bringing the Pokemon to life on the small screen. The Pokemon finally feel truly alive during combat. With the help of a fully active camera, battles feel even more engrossing as the camera pans across the combat arena, showing off each Pokemon as they attack and take hits.

The new world is still as fun to explore as previous games. Walking around and tracking down wild Pokemon in the tall grass is still exciting. That excitement remains whenever you encounter a new Pokemon you've never seen before or finally capturing that Pokemon that has eluded you for so long.
    Training, putting your Pokemon to the test until they level up and finally evolve into a new creature is just as satisfying as ever and just as rewarding.

As you explore the new Kalos region, you will encounter hundreds of trainers who wish to test your skills. My personal favorite was a woman who approached me within a route covered in fallen leaves to
    say “Pokeballs are round. The world is also round.” Then we battled. These interactions can offer a chuckle at times while other will leave you simply confused.

One of the main new hooks for this game is the new Mega-evolutions. These come into play about a third of the way through. Once you find the appropriate item and attach it to the appropriate Pokemon, mega evolving can be performed during battle. Its a free move that makes your Pokemon stronger during the battle, and seeing the evolution is always exciting. You can only use one mega-evolution per battle, so a player should plan accordingly. It doesn't make or break the game but its a nice addition to the mix.

One of my personally favorite new features is the new trainer customization. The player isn't forced to use a default character model as previous entries have, this time your trainer is fully customizable. Throughout the game, you will come across boutiques within certain towns. Here you can purchase new clothes, hats, and bags, with inventory changing every day. Along with the boutiques, you can find a salon where you can change your hair style and color, as well as an item that allows the player to change the color of his/her eyes. It isn't as diverse as other games that let you spend hours customizing ever little detail of a character, but its a nice change of pace having a trainer that feels truly yours.

The touch screen holds new features as well, including the traditional shortcuts to bag, Pokemon, and saving. One screen holds Super Training, where a trainer can play mini-games with their Pokemon allowing them to gain buffs on certain stats. Another screen holds Pokemon-Amie, where a trainer can interact with their Pokemon personally, feeding and petting them like you would in Nintendogs. The final screen is the “Player Search System” which allows a player to interact with friends, passerbys, and acquaintances. It is here where a player can access online battles and trades without the use of a Pokemon Center. The online system itself has its issues however. During playthrough, I have been dropped from online battles and forced to shut down my system due to communication error while trying to trade with someone. It isn't deal-breaking, simply a minor frustration I ran into a few times.

X&Y doesn't radically change the formula players are used to, but instead continue to make strides in welcoming new, inexperienced players while still remaining familiar to veterans of the series. It still feels and looks like a Pokemon game, but with its new graphics, colorful art style, 3D gameplay, and scale of depth in the new region, it makes the game more fun, attractive, and inviting. It's a fantastic first step for new players, and one worthwhile adventure for long time fans.
  6. Nov 23, 2013
    When my parents first brought me Pokemon Yellow, I don't think they understood the monster they would create. I've always enjoyed Pokemon, and I probably always will, even though I'm out of the house now and should find better things to do with my time.

This game finally takes Pokemon into 3D, and I was extremely skeptical, but I shouldn't have feared knowing Game Freaks dedication to
    the main series.

What a difference 3D makes when going on the same journey again, but just with new faces. The world is incredible, and it's great to explore these environments, especially since you can move diagonally and have roller blades to quickly move around. Furthermore, the advent of character customization has come and it is wonderful. Stylizing your character is another way that livens up this predictable experience into a more personal experience. The horror of not being able to enter Lumiose City's fashion boutique really encourages you to learn how to accessorize and earn style throughout Kalos. Such gives the experience a breath of fresh air again while maintaining the core experience.

In terms of gameplay, I don't think I need to say anything. If you're on this site, you know what to expect. Game Freak did add a few curve-balls to keep you on your toes though. They added horde battles, which are cool in theory, but take way too long and the frame rate drops all too often, and then there's inverse battles, which is a fascinating diversion to say the least. Probably the biggest curve-ball is the fairy type, which I wasn't too excited about when they announced it, nor was I too blown away by it in game. The type chart has been changed accordingly, and some other minor changes have been made as well. I'm still waiting for the days of dual-typed moves, although we get a glimpse of it in Flying Press. Hopefully, they will move in that direction.

Musically, this game is different. They've changed the style just a little bit, and sometimes it comes off great, but sometimes I never really cared for it. They also revamped a lot of the Pokemon cries (GameSpot's long time complaint which no one cared about).

At the end of my journey with X, I was left wanting more. This game didn't satisfy the itch. They have made IV's easier, EV's easier, gaining experience easier, everything was easier. Therein lies this games biggest issue. This is probably the easiest game to date, and it's mostly due to the Exp. share. Now, every Pokemon that participates in the battle gets full experience and everyone else gets half. This lead my team to significantly out level pretty much everyone. I even turned it off, but it was too late. Ultimately, it feels like the Exp. Share is a grand cover up of the fact that this game has so little material. I finished the core experience within 35 hours, the shortest I've ever taken for the game and the post game content as well.

This is the most polished Pokemon game to date. It's amazing and it's wonderful, but it's too easy. It's left me wanting more, and there is no way to fill it until the next set of games roll out. Please Game Freak, at least for the veterans, make a challenge mode or add something to keep us occupied as this game ultimately lacked the enormous content of the previous generation.
  7. Nov 28, 2013
    Why such limited stereo 3D? Great game as others have said, loads of polish, loads of content. The pokemon training and interaction stuff is great (like Nintendogs lite!). Just a shame that there's no stereoscopic 3D in the main world screen.
  8. Jan 26, 2014
    I LOVE pokemon games i really do and i think this one is my new favorite between the y and x it really just depends on witch pokemon do you prefer this
    it is a most own
  9. Dec 2, 2013
    I Love this game!!!!! i made an account just to brag about the greatness of this game!!!! this game is groundbreaking in the pokemon franchise, and thats why it will go down in history as historic mark in the pokemon franchise.
  10. Dec 9, 2013
    Story and online play were perfect, even with the small amount of Pokemon added, the new features made up for this. I did feel that the post game was really small, but it was made up for the amazing 3D battles.Overall, great game, but it falls off post game.
  11. Dec 18, 2013
    I've never gotten so into a Pokemon game in my life! The addition of mega evolution was a good leap for a new generation, but disappointing to those of us who remember Digimon, who think it resembles digivolving a bit too much. The scale of the world makes exploring everything exciting and leaves tons of areas and puzzles for you to explore. Over all the best new Pokemon game yet.
  12. Dec 28, 2013
    Brilliant new Pokemon game bringing back all your favourite pokemon while adding new ones. Amazing new animations and graphics. I love the new music and they have made a really good story line too it! 10/10
  13. Jan 7, 2014
    this is game is by farrr worse than cod ghosts. ghosts is the best game ever. no one hacks in that game unlike this game. everyone uses invedit to cheat for their pokemans. this is very disturbing and i do not like it. i am 70 years old and i know my pokemans. i am legend at catching them all. i gotta catch them all! POKEMAN!!!! Because i love to catch them all just so i can keep them in pokeballs to abuse them. PLEASE FIND THIS REVIEW QUITE HELPFUL. IT HELPED OUT MY LITTLE BABY PIKACHU THAT I KEEP IN A SPIKED POKEBALL THAT HAS SPIKES ON THE INSIDE TO TORTURE IT. Expand
  14. Jan 6, 2014
    This is a really fun game with more pocket monsters to catch than I have patience for, the only thing that I don't like is how hard Nintendo make it to add friends. Besides that this is a great game for varying ages.
  15. Jan 8, 2014
    Been playing pokemon since I was four. The last pokemon i played before this one was Diamond. I really enjoyed this game and liked the new fighting animations. The mega evolution was a great addition. I also liked how you travel with your neighbors, made the game more interesting. I also liked how they made your rival more of a friend, not a dick like in previous games. The story line was good, it wasn't great but it wasn't bad. the game can be quite easy at times. I found the elite four and the champion a little less challenging then I was a kid. Overall i think this game was a great addition to the pokemon franchise. Expand
  16. Jan 9, 2014
    Holy sweet bread did this game just knock every single one of my socks off. I have loved all the generations of Pokemon to an almost weird extent but this game is the best in the series by a huge leap. The world is beautiful and there are so many Pokemon on each route that its an adventure just learning what Pokemon live where, I mean you can get a Farfetch'd and a Dunsparce before you even battle the first gym that is amazing. Loved the champion, loved Team Flare, Loved all your friends that follow you on your journey, loved all the new Pokemon,and especially love the fact that GameFreak fixed everything your mind can compute. If you haven't picked up this game yet you need to because this was one of if not the best game I played in 2013. Expand
  17. Jan 11, 2014
    I bought a 3ds just to play this game and it is totally worth it, it is so much easier to EV breed and IV train which makes it quite fun post game on online battles although storyline wise it is very short which is a shame the battling is a huge improvement with the pokemon now being 3D characters each showing different animations depending on the pokemon the 3d is also very good in the parts where it is enabled such as glittering cave overall an amazing game definitely recommend Expand
  18. Feb 11, 2014
    why are so many dislike ? This game is a master piece and it need to be played for anyone that have a 3DS. It's the best pokemon game of 6 generation !!!
  19. Jan 18, 2014
    The series of Pokemon have always meant a lot to me since I played Pokemon Diamond when I was about 7 or 8 years old. There are good and bad aspects to this game. The graphics are good in and out of battle scene but I would have liked it to have 3D outside of battles. The story is decent BUT is INCREDIBLY SHORT. I took my time over the story and it still only took me about 18 hours to complete. The amount of things you can do after the story has been completed is very limited and there aren't many contest like things to do within the game like Heart Gold and Soul Silver had. Graphics-wise, this game is the best. Story and entertainment-wise... The WORST out of all of the series and is extremely lacking. The new Pokemon are also quite poor. 5 out of 10. Expand
  20. Mar 28, 2014
    For all the people who think this game is flawless and is the best one in the series, personally, I was quite disappointed. I wouldn't go as far as to say the whole game was rushed, but in my opinion, it didn't live up to the quality of the old ones. I feel like the series went downhill when it hit the DS. This may just be nostalgia talking but I will try to explain why I feel Pokemon X isn't as good as people are making out the so-called, "masterpiece", to be. The game feel so easy, due to the now overpowered exp. share, it took me 1 try to beat the elite four and the champion. This game somehow manages to pack in less content than some of the GBA titles. The only way to reface gym leaders is to play the tragically boring Battle Maison, which they only appear at random. Once you have beat this game, don't expect to pick it up again, as Pokemon X literally offers no post-game content.
    Everything, from the pathetic in-battle frame rate, to being forced to ride on roller skates is what makes me feel like Nintendo has lost its inspiration for Pokemon
  21. Feb 26, 2014
    I love Pokemon x and y they are epic i love the new gameplay and the changing of Ur outfit but why cant u take Ur hat off wtf gamefreak besides that love the game
  22. Mar 7, 2014
    Nice visual upgrade from previous generations. Although it creates lags in combat with 3D graphics on, I like all the graphics it creates. Also the upgrades on little things like the skating feature and photo taking make the whole game even more awesome! Look forward to a better player interaction system rather than having us to press button to log into Internet every time I close the lid of my 3DS, I found that a bit too annoying. Expand
  23. Apr 20, 2014
    I have to admit, I was VERY excited for this game. 3D Pokemon? Yes, please. And, when I got my hands on it, I wasn't particularly disappointed. The gameplay graphics were smooth, and the creators managed to mix some fun and interesting new elements in well with the classic Pokemon games we know and love, like in mega evolution. Also, I'm just going to get this over with: (and I know it's a very common complaint about this game)
    Pokemon X and Y was very easy to beat. They should have added a challenge mode, like in Black 2 and White 2

I thought Kalos as a region was pretty awesome, but it was a tad easy to navigate. The fact that you get FOUR rivals excited me at first, but you only battle them 2 or 3 times with the exception of 1, though that rival's team number never exceeds 3 Pokemon, and none of them are particularly strong.

I'm not complaining about the new Pokemon, since most if not all of them were pretty awesome. I thought the whole 'giving you 3 starters' (counting mystery gift torchic) thing was pretty ridiculous, it completely ruined the whole Pokemon 'my starter is the strongest!' mindset.

One thing I'm pretty sure annoyed every long-time Pokemon fan was the very disappointing post-gameplay, i.e nothing to do after you beat the e4. This gives the player no desire to replay the game, other than to try out a different team or starter.

All in all: Good game, too easy, good new pokes, but no post-game or real challenge.

Jordan
  24. Apr 26, 2014
    Very good game and incredibly fun, but the reason I rated it a 9 out of 10 is because I don't think that it lives up to the other Pokemon games. Nintendo has pretty much abandoned the old beautiful 2D Pokemon style ( Like in Black and white etc...) and replaced it with 3D. I really actually enjoyed the previous games a lot more than this to be honest. But, other than that, good game. Worth a buy!
  25. Apr 27, 2014
    It looks awesome, the story is good. The characters look more expressive, the 3D graphics are outstanding for a 3DS, Mega evolutions are really fun, more features for gameplay... I could go on. Although, it needs more quantity of new Pokemon.
  26. Apr 27, 2014
    After owning the game since the release, I finally decided to make a review over it.

While there's some amazing things they did with this game, along with graphical communication, better breeding, and better wifi communication, overall the game itself just feels like a recycled version of their post releases.

The one thing that REALLY bothers me, first of all, is the characters in
    this game. Where is my rival that wants to smell me later, where is the rival that hates my guts and wants to tear me down? Instead of giving me something exciting, they give me this huge group of boring over the top friendly "friends" who I cannot stand and leave me nothing absolutely memorable about them what-so-ever. I barely even remember their names, that's how watered down and boring these characters are. Even the bad guys don't seem so bad. It's just a generic boring, I'M GOING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD story WITH THE ULTIMATE POKEMON. The bad guys seem like a joke honestly.

The only things I can say that stands out about this game and is pretty friggen sweet would be the fact that you can dress up your character, do your character's hair, etc. The graphics look amazing, moving IVs to Pokemon is easier.. and I think that's about it. Oh yeah, perhaps the fairy type was kind of cool. That was a new twist.

The Amie, while being cute, wasn't really that impressive. The Pokemon animations in battle felt a bit stale.

Look, I'm going to say this, Nintendo really needs to get with the program. You can only recycle a game so much until it becomes stale. This game was fun for about a week, I was super excited about it, but that died down very quick. I thought the game would bring back the feelings I had during my childhood as I played the game, I had high hopes for it, but it didn't hold my interest and I was really certain it would.

After this game, I've decided I'm not going to buy a new Pokemon game ever again. Until there is an actual MMO that is released in regards to Pokemon, where I can travel the world with other trainers, I have zero interest in this franchise anymore. I've been playing Pokemon games on and off since 1998, and I thought I'd be interested in it forever, but yeah.. I'm done. I hope Nintendo decides to make a more player interactive game one day, and if they do I'll be back.
  27. Apr 29, 2014
    Definetly what i did not exepect from this game.First reason is that you finish the game too easily(10 hours for me)and never get to train and use all of your pokemon(my Blaziken was level 82 when I fought the champion).But this game has some features that made me gave it a 7,like pokemon amie,movements,3d graphics.Not worth its price.
  28. UCA
    Jun 20, 2014
    It's a diffcult game. But I think this game is too simple because you really only can be two skills, dodge an attack and attack with your weapon or magic.
  29. May 8, 2014
    It was okay. The story way one-dimensional, but the villain was tolerable. The customization options were good, but it was stupid that girls get more haircuts than boys. Boys only get 4, girls get 16. What the heck?
    There's only 69 new Pokemon, which is bull crap. Also, why did they remove seasons? Why did they get rid of the TM Dive? Why did they remove the Pokemon World Tournament?!?
    WHY DO WE NEED BADGES FOR TMS AGAIN?!!?!?? The only major enhancements to game play are inverse battles, mega evolution, and the graphics. I also liked the roller skates, though I wish that you could have more than one save file, and be able to take off your hat. Expand
  30. May 16, 2014
    As a casual game: Great!

The competitive scene: Nintendo contradicted themselves, nerfing many competitive niches whilst encouraging the competitive scene postgame, allowing for LESS diversity in the general meta.
  31. Sep 6, 2014
    Best pokemon instalment to date but have two problems 1: broken exp share when you get the exp share you can just put in 1 pokemon and all of your other pokemon keep getting which is bad beacause by the time you reach the thired gym you have your pokemon at level 37 or somthing problem 2: none post game after you beat the game you have nothing to do except the looker missions but after that is over but x and y are great games and you should buy them Expand
  32. May 31, 2014
    Great game. Th thing that impressed me the most was the new competitive and iv system.This makes pokemon so much easier to breed and much more interesting competitive scene. The game is much more fast paced unlike the old games and did I mention the upgrade in graphics. However this game isn't without its flaws. It does suffer from easy difficulty and short gameplay. However don't let this fool you this game is definitely fun and great for competitve players who wish to see their amazing pokemon seen with animations and 3D graphics Expand
  33. Jul 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This got me absolutely hooked on Pokemon again. The gameplay is very much what you'd expect. Collect Pokemon, beat some evil team who keep appearing all over the place, beat a bunch of gyms and then the elite 4 but it was all very well done and kept me addicted throughout. The addition of exp share really helped make the Pokemon training less of a grind and more fun, which I love. The mega-evolutions were a great touch too. Visually this is the best Pokemon game by a country mile, the nation of Kalos is wonderful and varied and the 3D (even when not stereoscopic) is very nicely done and really helps bring the world to life. The music is great as usual but the biggest improvements come in the online play where things have been drastically improved. I've spent many an hour battling away on battle-spot and although a 6v6 option would have been a nice addition I now enjoy the faster pace of the 3v3 battles. I like all the new starter Pokemon and although there aren't too many new Pokemon this time round most of them are well designed and the fact you can get a huge chunk of the 700 odd available Pokemon on this game is a massive bonus. All in all this is a truly great game. Expand
  34. Jul 2, 2014
    Pokémon X y Pokémon Y se convierten en las entregas más innovadoras y completas de la saga sirviendo como enlace para futuras entregas en la portátil 3DS de Nintendo. A nivel gráfico desprenden una calidad abrumadora convirtiéndolo en uno de los imprescindibles del catálogo avanzando a pasos de gigante en el universo Pokémon. Ofrecernos un amplio abanico de captura desde el comienzo, el lavado de cara muy importante, poseer la región más grande y tener una historia convincente llena de sorpresas le convierten, quizá, en lo mejor hasta la fecha de la propia saga.

Gráficos: 85
    Sonido: 90
    Jugabilidad: 95
    Modos de juego: 90
    Nota: 90
  35. Jul 6, 2014
    I am a supreme Pokémon fan, I have played every game since gen 1,and devote my time to competitive battling using sources like smogon.When X/Y were announced the hype was there and everyone was excited. When it came out, I was impressed that they were able to change the formula a bit to fit peoples liking. The gameplay plays like most Pokémon games, in an adventure with the story, and the optional completion of the "Pokedex".Now, the reason why this is not a perfect "10" is because of 2 problems I had with this game. Number one: The characters are not memorable, such as the gym leaders. I always remember past gym leaders but when thinking about X/Y I can only recall 4 gym leaders in the game.
    Number Two: The sprite-to-model change was nice, but not as good as I was hoping. This game is a must buy for returning fans of the series, but has it's negatives as well.
  36. Jul 9, 2014
    With amazing, colorful 3D graphics, amazing soundtrack, and new interesting Pokemon, this game is a must have on the 3ds. EV training has become much more approachable thanks to super training which i'm sure will make it competitive play much more approachable to new trainers. The addition of mega evolution opens up evolution to many Pokemon which makes many more Pokemon more viable options to use on your team. This game also is much more detailed than any other Pokemon game. The sprites all have motion that makes everyone feel alive in a battle setting that is just as detailed as the Pokemon. There are however some flaws which hold it back from being the best that no one ever was. Once you beat the game, there is little to do in the after game unlike previous Pokemon games, like Whitetree Hollow in White/Black 2, or how you unlocked Kanto in SoulSilver/HeartGold. You instead get a single city with its own version of a battle arena that is nothing to get excited about. There also, while well designed, fewer new Pokemon in this generation then any other, especially when the last generation had 156 to this gens 69. Luckily, there will be pokemon from every gen to catch, so don't think there will only be a few Pokemon to catch. Nevertheless, this is a game that will satisfy that Pokemon crave that we all have and deliver an enjoyable experience to any who play it. Expand
  37. Jul 11, 2014
    This game is very meh. It does nothing to challenge the typical Pokemon formula like Black and White or Black and White 2 and it is REALLY easy. There is no post game content other than the Looker Missions which are okay. However it is presented beautifully and the addition of Fairy types is AWESOME! It's strange how much this game is being praised because it is very forgettable and honestly there are very few memorable Pokemon and very few Pokemon in general. The legendaries are cool and all, but nothing to write home about. Character customization is cool, but there aren't many options. The game is laughably easy, and it is nowhere near the best Pokemon game. However it is the best for beginners because of its faster and also easier gameplay. Expand
  38. Jul 23, 2014
    This game changed the Pokemon series in general. In my opinion the story was a little bit shorter than usual but thats just me. Overall pretty good game especially that they added "Wonder Trade" to trade random Pokemon to people around the world.
  39. Aug 16, 2014
    I like the game design, and also I like the idea of the Mega Evolution that can help the Pokemon to get stronger. I played this game 376 hours and I cannot stop playing it. The story is great. I can't wait to see new Mega Evolve Pokemons in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. I like the way how you can train your EV it is easier than previous pokemon games. Finally I like the idea how to find hidden ability pokemon. This game deserve better than 10/10. Expand
  40. Sep 4, 2014
    Pokemon X and Y are excellent games that attempt to take the series to another level. However, despite multiple new additions to the game, when all is said and done, you cannot help but feel slightly disappointed and left wondering what might have been.

Pokemon X and Y follow the same basic plot that all games preceding it have done. You take the reins as a young boy or girl in a very
    small town and are called away to receive a Pokemon and go on a journey. Throughout the journey, you will take on the staple 8 gyms and the default evil organisation ( this time called Team Flare), save the world and become Pokemon League champion. This is not a bad thing but story wise it is slightly bland and returning players may feel like they have seen it all before.

Pokemon X and Y have attempted to change the whole fabric of the series by implementing a new type to the game- the fairy type and a new concept mega evolution ( where your Pokemon can take on a new form during battle). The fairy type has drawn a large amount of criticism from the millions of existing Pokemon fans but I am pleased to say that the new typing works rather well. It was brought in to balance out the strength of the dragon type which has always been lauded as the strongest. However, the new typing can only change so much because only 70 new Pokemon were added to the ever growing family. The designers have defended this by saying that the new mega evolution of Pokemon makes up for this lower number but even the number of Pokemon that can mega evolve is quite disappointing- only around 30 of the 700+ Pokemon there are. The fact that some of the already established Pokemon have become fairy types ( such as Wigglytuff and Gardevoir) almost seems like the game creators are cheating you out of some new Pokemon.

The 70 new Pokemon are very well designed with a good mix ranging from the standard bird type Pokemon Fletchling to the floating sword Aegislash and the cute charm of the electric mouse Dedenne. However, not all of these Pokemon are hits: the Pokemon Slurpuff is an odd mix between meringue and dog- that just looks odd and feels like a real stretch. Despite this, there are more hits than misses and you cannot expect everyone to like every design.
    The criticisms made thus far dwindle in comparison to the fact that there is near to no post-game gameplay. Bar searching for a few mega stones, completing a short quest in Lumiose City and battling in the Battle Maison, there is nothing to do. This is fine because the pure number of Pokemon you can catch and train in the game is very large and can make up some of the deficit but considering the extent of post-game content in Pokemon Black and White 2, you are left feeling as if the game was rushed to production and that the release should have been delayed until all the kinks were worked out.

Two more of the new features: Super Training and Pokemon Amie consist of short mini games to assist with EV training in the former and to increase the happiness level in the latter. Super Training is fun at first but soon becomes tiresome due to the repetitive nature of the game- there is only so many times you can fire footballs at a giant Pokemon shaped balloon before it becomes tedious. Nevertheless, this can be useful for players who want to enter online tournaments and want to train their Pokemon to be ready for them. Pokemon Amie is a very good addition. During this minigame, you can play with your Pokemon in different mini games, pet your Pokemon and even feed it sweets. This area will really appeal to younger fans of the Pokemon series as well as older fans who always wanted to stroke Pikachu!
    Pokemon X and Y are presented beautifully; this is without question as the transition from 2D sprites to fully 3D animations has truly evolved. However, there are a few problems with this upgrade. Firstly, the overworld map is not in 3D ( i.e. the 3D slider has no effect)- this is an odd choice for a game on a console that is based around the use of 3D. The reason why this is done is apparent once you begin to battle with the 3D slider on. The game has a strong lag and in some moves it is almost unbearable; there have been countless times that I have thought that the game had crashed but in matter of fact it was just having to slow down the framerate to make the game playable. A real shame and something most fans will expect to be fixed come the November release of Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby.
    The Pokemon in the game still have the same 'screeching' sound that they did back in the previous generation; albeit a cleaner sound. This does not include Pikachu who now says 'Pika Pika' when entering battle and also has special sounds in Pokemon Amie. This is a great addition but also leaves you wondering why they cannot implement this for all the Pokemon in the game.
    Despite the multiple flaws in Pokemon X and Y the fact is, it is still a wonderful addition to the Pokemon franchise.
    Video Game Reviewer on Word Press

1. 3D Visuals transformed the classic Pokemon approach in a good way. Online capabilities are top notch, this new generation will really make Pokemon fans happy.
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Even if Pokémon X & Y has graphics in 3D and several other gameplay innovations it is still the same core experience as before. Focus is as always on catching them all and it is still an addictive experience. The difficulty bar is lower than before, the online functions more present and the gameplay mechanics better realised.
  3. Dec 11, 2013
    For the first time in a long time, Pokémon has taken a real step towards pushing the series forward.