8.8

1. Oct 12, 2013
    I made an account just so I can express how brilliant this game is, everyone I know bought a 3ds for this game and they wee not disappointed. This game tweaks every single nit-pick that the previous entries in the series had. Character customization? Check. Diagonal walking? Check. Ability to run from start? Check. Incredibly sped up gameplay? Check. Brilliant graphics? Check. Ability to challenge anyone anywhere? Check. this game is truly one of the greatest RPGs of all time, it introduces new elements while improving on past elements, and fulfills every wish I had for it. Get this game now. Expand
  2. Oct 16, 2013
    I'm writing this AFTER I beat the game so for those who have not beat it please vote after you finish E4 and see if you agree.
    I will save my compliments as I know it's a great game but the major flaw is that it lacks replay value, after you beat E4, there's literally nothing to do that's sparks people as OOOO this is fun.

Let's take a look at Soul Silver and Heart Gold, after you
    beat the game, you get to explore Kanto, the game opens up a whole new world, all the gym now offers toughened up rematchs, all the variety of legendary you can catch from previous generations. X and Y has nothing

Another flaw is that the Kalos Pokemon doesn't stand out, the game throws in pokemon from previous generation from the beginning and natually people will capture ones the recognize, take a look at black and white, they give you pokemon from previous gen at a much later time this forces players to use and familiarize pokemon from this generation, I have found myself a party full of pokemon from previous generations because why risk it when I know what pokemon works?

and then there's the starters, if you count the Torchic giving to you by gift, they give you 4 starters, that's ABSURD, it completely devalues your starter pokemon.

There are flaws that keep me from spending more than 20 hours on it when each game previously would take me 100 hours each, great game, but needs work
  3. Oct 12, 2013
    This game is pretty amazing. First off, it is in 3d. This means that the game looks wonderful. I,ve been a fan of pokemon for a long time now and this game is what i've always wanted.
  4. Oct 12, 2013
    Pokemon X and y are brilliant games. They are the closest realization to Satoshi Tajiri's 15 year dream. If you want to get a game, the best one out now is probably pokemon x and y.
  5. Oct 12, 2013
    Incredibly fun game, trailers don't do the graphics justice this is an improvement in every way visually without sacrificing any of that pokemon feel. Think Ni No Kuni and you'll have some idea of how great it looks. Slight frame rate drop and lack of features (No hardmode etc) are an annoyance but pale in terms of the weight of content added. Probably the most enjoyable game to come out of the pokemon series yet. Expand
  6. Oct 12, 2013
    Playing this game brings my inner 8-9 year old out its a very innovative story with awesome mechanics I love the graphics and the features are beyond amazing. 10/10 by far one of the best 3DS games I've played.
  7. Oct 12, 2013
    Pokemon X and Y is an improvement over the DS Pokemon games while maintaining its roots. Granted longtime players will want to see more change but given that Nintendo and GameFreak targets a younger audience then you have to grin and bear it or move on. Pokemon X and Y wisely had the player being able to run in the beginning to speed up the game. The one thing they could improve on is having the ability to control your Pokemon so you can dodge attacks. Expand
  8. Oct 13, 2013
    i bought a 3DS just to buy this game and it is amazing so far. got to laugh at people who say its the same game as the last. there is so many new things in x and y. and it seems to have a nice online thing. just a shame we cant actually send messages to anyone we meet though
  9. Oct 12, 2013
    As a huge Pokemon fan this game is a dream come true. Sure, not everything is 3D, but the graphics and overall feel of the game are such improvements from last gen. that it barely matters. The new 3D models and animations are amazing. It looks great, and I love the new soundtrack, especially the battle themes. Some people may not like that they brought back so many old creatures, but I personally love seeing the ones I grew up playing with 15 years ago come alive with color and personality in this new game. I can't imagine what next gen. games will look like! Expand
  10. Oct 12, 2013
    The game is a great improvement for the series, the graphic style is great and the gameplay is amazing, the only thing that i noticed is that the game seems easier than before.
  11. Oct 13, 2013
    The game feels fresh, re-innovated and new while still keeping that Pokemon flare. It is definitely a huge leap in the franchise, even though it was already fairly successful. The enchanting music, beautiful graphics and vast region all contribute to the charm of the 6th Gen of Pokemon. On top of all of that, character customization and pokemon-amie, really make the player feel much more immersed in the world of Pokemon. Expand
  12. Oct 14, 2013
    Having played (and owning) every other cartridge in the series, I feel that I'm fairly qualified to make judgement on this game. This is the ONLY time that I have only purchased one of the released pair, mainly because I only have 1x 3DS console (the kids have one each, but I normally have 2 for trades and breeding etc). Anyway, I've logged about 10 hours of gameplay into this Pokemon X game, and i must say I'm very impressed with the graphic and sound upgrades. The musical tunes seem a lot more dynamic than the last two offerings, using more sound 'voices' to bring the music to a more refined tone. This game is one of very few that I actually play the game with the sound on, and last night, I even had my headphones in so I could enjoy it louder. That said, I wish they were able to merge the sound effects into the main track when leveling up etc, as that mutes the music to take focus.

The graphics: I quite like the larger view from the older 'sprite' styles used since 1998. Don't get me wrong, that little character was instantly recognizable to any fan, but this is much better on my eyes. Since I'm probably the oldest Pokemon gamer (39), I feel that gamefreak/Nintendo are trying to branch out in to a more mature gaming body. It looks almost Zelda OoT style during the normal walking around. The 3D feature is only active during battles, not that I care as I have my 3DS-XL's slider all the way down in 2D mode anyway. I did take a look at the 3D just for kicks though.

The gameplay: The tried and proven turn based RPG. The reading is not that difficult and nowhere near as over the top as previous games either. It's nice to hear some Pokemon having their own voices, and not the weird white noise generated. Pikachu is a standout for that!

Anyway, enough of this rambling!!! I'm heading back to catch a few more of the little beggars!!!
  13. Oct 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's like every fan's dream come true. 3D graphics, a lot of Pokémon available, you can play with Pokémon, and convenient and quick multiplayer features. Sadly the execution is flawed at many parts, so it's best to just rush the game through and only play the multiplayer.

There's no shortage of Pokémon to use in the massive Pokédex of Kalos. Despite only around 70 being new, X and Y do a great job distributing Pokémon across areas, before the first gym you already have dozens to choose from. The new Pokémon have designs that are pretty good on average.
    It's another problem that plagues this generation's Pokémon; the fairy type. When I first heard of it, I was incredibly excited about the game getting a new element to mix things up, and fairies are a fascinating and diverse type of creatures in folklore, but the implementation is horrible:

Chansey-line might be understandable for balance, but when the most obvious candidates, many based on beauty/emotion, actual fairies (Mismagius) and various youkai-inspired Pokémon don't get fairy type, while Marill and Jigglypuff get it, the aftertaste is rather bad. Retyping more Pokémon would have made the fairy type more impactful and made up for some types of the new Pokémon (perfume could be poison as dual, the dryad could be grass and many should have evolved).

The story is dreadful. The dialogue is cheesy and unnatural, most characters lack credibility, and the few that actually have it have weak presence. The friends are a good idea but incredibly one-dimensional, incompetent and annoying. The worst thing about singleplayer is the constant obstacles to make the game more restrictedly linear than it has ever been and no optional areas until the end.

The soundtrack is good, but pretty typical. Pleasant to listen to, but doesn't stand out like generations 1 and 5 did, for example. The graphical upgrade is a great, everything looks great in general. The presentation has some inconsistencies that show lack of polish. While it's mostly not supported, there are scenes in stereoscopic 3D randomly. A similar inconsistency is battle models. Some important characters have no model yet flare grunts get it. Why don't the highlight moments of the game get the glory?

Actually, the highlight moments are neglected in general. Gym challenges barely can be called that. The teams are small and poorly diversified. Bigger teams and better move sets, dual types and berries that lessen damage from certain types should be used to fix this issue. Same with team flare and E4. The teams are pathetic, the champion is the only one whose team is full. It feels like you conquered a region where only two competent trainers exist. Pokémon are also really easy to catch so gone are the amazing feelings of accomplishment after catching a snorlax or a legendary.

Singleplayer is a dull cakewalk. All problems are just inconvenience. For example, the HMs still exist. What does forcing us to use fly and cut accomplish other than destroying move sets? Why can't HM be replaced without move deleter? There are multiple ways to do it in a way that doesn't screw up our preferred way to play. It does nothing to protect you since you can surf into a desolate island and trade your entire team for bunnelbies.

On the positive side, movement is great. Bicycle and roller skates make movement quick and unrestricted compared to all previous games. Roller skates could use the option to be disabled, but it's not the end of the world. Exp. All is handed out early and it saves a lot of time from grinding. Amie is fun to use and well executed, playing with the Pokémon is addictive and makes them feel closer than ever. Super training is a more fun way to train EVs. A bit slower than the classic method but less tedious. Reset bags are a useful for those who stick to the classic way. Keep in mind you shouldn't use these features before the end if you want challenge in singleplayer. Min-maxed EVs and the Amie bonuses make the easiest Pokémon game even easier. The offline postgame is short. Collecting clothes is fun and there's berry growing and battle facility for BP. The search for mega evolutions is fun but easy and short.

But that doesn't matter since the multiplayer is amazing. There are a lot of features to make it easily accessible and fun to use. The connectivity and different options and modes are awesome. Combined with endless customization of your own avatar, profile and team, the multiplayer has pretty much unlimited potential for playing value in communication, collecting, trading and battling.

The online battling is very easily accessible. They also overcame a previously terrible problem that the game had by giving automatic full IVs to all Pokémon that are battling, all in order to let us play without fear of hackers getting too much of an unfair advantage. Wonder trade could use some tweaking but it's still a fun and addictive feature.

2 for singleplayer 8.5 for multiplayer (x2) 6
  14. Jan 10, 2014
    When I started the game, I thought it was great. A very refreshing installation to the series I love so much. After playing about 30 hours of it I noticed that I hadn't once been impressed or entertained as much as older instalments have. Sort of a disappointment if you ask me. But maybe I'll change my mind once I restart and play again without using the EXP share, which I think kind of broke the game, since you only need to use one Pokemon and everyone get's trained enough to beat gym after gym easily. Expand
  15. Oct 13, 2013
    This is the same old Pokemon you've been playing for the last 17 years, so don't come into it expecting some sort of dramatic revolution. You will be disappointed. It is, however, very refreshing to see the game break away from the cardboard cut-outs sliding across the screen. It also does a nice job of trying to give you a mix of both new and old Pokemon, so even the old Genwunners like me (that's right, 1st generation is best!) can feel comfortable in the game.

The multiplayer has also improved dramatically, allowing you to interact with people at the same place in the game as you from anywhere else in the world. Trading and battling has become A LOT more relevant for people that don't have a ton of pokemon-playing friends or don't live in Japan. It's a boost us widespread American folk have needed for a LONG time.

Now if only they could revamp the battle system to be less rock-paper-scissory.
  16. Oct 12, 2013
    The best pokemon game--hands down. Gone is the archaic frame of trading and battling friends/strangers in the upstairs of a Pokemon Center. Now everything is accessible wherever, whenever, with whomever from the bottom screen of the 3DS. Friends are shown online/offline and others on the same map as you re listed on the bottom of the screen itself, and trading/battling with them is just an invitation away. The game itself is a beautifully rendered 3D world with a fantastic, robust soundtrack. Pokemon have 3D sprites in battle and everything looks better than ever. My main level of being impressed still remains in the fluidity of the modern trading and battle system. You hit this one right on the head, Game Freak. Way to go. Expand
  17. Oct 12, 2013
    XY are absolutely amazing games. The visuals look wonderful (they are really, really stunning!), the music is topnotch, the pokemon selection is fantastic, and the step into trainer customization (everything from hair style and colour to your skin tone to all of your clothes and accessories) and the really fun online social features really make XY a joy to play alone or with your friends. This last point in particular is great users can send O-Powers (little features that can increase the prize money received or increase your pokemon's stats in-battle) to their friends whenever you'd (or they'd!) like, send presents, chat, instant-battle, and display when you reached an achievement (i.e. "Second badge! :D") and then respond ("Nice!") The online and offline features are intertwoven seamlessly. Also, they fixed the childish dialogue from BW2! There are also quite a few little jokes that made me smile. The world is also very immersive, and while a few features from BW and BW2 didn't make it in (custom gym music, for one), XY added PLENTY, from the small such as being able to ride pokemon and more pokemon in the overworld to the large, such as Mega Evos. XY is definitely worth your money and time. Downside is that the 3D (as in pop-out-of-screen) is sparsely used and isn't worth using at all when it is implemented (there is little depth anyway, and the framerate divebombs). No stereoscopic 3D doesn't hurt the experience at all, though, even for someone like me who loves when it is used. Expand
  18. Oct 13, 2013
    Last time I was super excited for a pokemon game was Ruby/Sapphire. Diamond/Pearl and Black/White were okay in my opinion but they didn't really excite me. When I saw the trailer for X and Y I was like......OMG!!! I bought Pokemon X yesterday, so far I put atleast 4-5 hours into the game..just taking a little break lol. The graphics and animation: absolutely beautiful. Every city you go to, just gorgeous. Pokemon animation are fantastic in this game, no more 2d pixels haha. The battles remind me of Pokemon Colossuem and XD because of the 3d graphics which is cool. Sorry, can't really talk much about the story since I only played about 4-5 hours...will continue playing tonight. With the awesome new graphic/animation and solid gameplay. Easily give this game a 9/10. Also about the new pokemons...some of them look weird in my opinion and some look really cool. Expand
  19. Jan 6, 2014
    All i can say is wow. This pokemon game has it all! Fun battling against trainers and rivals and team flare, character customization, more proportional looking characters (head to body size-ratio), character is no longer locked into a grid when biking or rollerskating, great cool new pokemon, new moves, new fairy type, and much more. The totally updated graphics, 3D models of pokemon and 3D battlefields look absolutely gorgeous! That combined with the 3D option of the 3DS makes you feel like you are literally right there next to your pokemon battling it out to be the champion of the new region. The 3D option is limited to single battles and some caves though, which is disappointing but understandable. The new moves look stunning, especially with the 3D on, and it is amazing to see the pokemon actually move around and react to using and taking damage from moves. One slight downside though is that sometimes the game lags just a little when the 3D is on. As for music and sound effects? Say good-bye to all those crappy MIDI files, the new music and sound effects for moves are amazing, I love the soundtrack! This game was the reason why I bought the 3DS and it did not disappoint. I have played almost all of the main pokemon franchise games, and Pokémon X/Y is truly an amazing game and my downright favorite in the series so far! Expand
  20. Oct 12, 2013
    Simply a goddamn masterpiece. Everything is different, and lively as hell, and the game is long as the pokemon look awesome, probably the best one to date.
  21. Oct 30, 2013
    It's a good game that's obviously reaching towards younger audiences than previous entries to the series. This is the very first pokemon game I've ever feel like would be a better rental than an owned game.

Gameplay: It's generally the same pokemon formula. You get a starter (more than one eventually) you fight gyms, you train your pokemon, etc. It's fun, it's what has made the
    franchise, however I feel like this game gets very easy very quickly. Throughout the game, I lost maybe 2 or 3 battles, and those were only because I didn't have the proper supplies to battle. As for money, you win far too much of it from trainers. Before I fought the Elite 4, I was able to stock up on 99 revives, 50 hyper potions, and about 30 super repels for victory road. There are also places throughout the game that allow you to randomly heal your pokemon. Sure, this has happened in previous pokemon games, but it happens more often in this game than any other. This game just simply throws the player a bone too often.

Story: What story? You just moved into a town, the local kids try to include you in an activity and bam, you have your starter. Nobody plays pokemon games for the story, I get that, but there were a few moments where the story was just flat out bad. It's unprecedented how tacked on the story feels to this game.

Replay value: Minimal. There is a side quest that you can do to burn another hour or two, but there's nothing to keep the ds in your hands once you've beaten the game.

Overall: It's probably the worst pokemon game to date. It looks nice, it has pokemon in it, but that's all it has going for it. That being said, I did have fun in the 27 hours it took me to get to the Elite 4 and beat them. It's a good game to rent, but not a game to buy and certainly not a game to buy a 2ds or 3ds for.
  22. Oct 12, 2013
    This is an example of a series where each new generation comes along with something that breaks the mould of the previous titles in the Pokemon Franchise. This time we see Mega Evolutions, amazing 3D battle scenes.

One thing which I'm delighted that Game Freak has done to really combat the "imperfections" with the 3DS Hardware itself is switch between 2D Top-Down World Exploration and
    3D Battle Scenes, something which won't make your battery run out as quickly as you'd want it to! The voice chat actually works, and works very well, I'm able to hold a voice chat uninterrupted for a good 10 minutes the 3 times I've tried it which links to the PSS system that integrates your Friends, Acquaintances and Passers By semlessly. Yes, the minigames are there and make a joyous return to the series which also helps boost your stats along the way but the way the game is set around France is magnificent.

Having played for 6 hours already, it's safe to say that the gameplay is long, I've only got 1 gamebadge though that could probably be down to the fact I'm more of a "Gotta Catch Em' All" trainer rather than the speedrunning type!
  23. Oct 14, 2013
    A change in graphics is just one good thing, but the fact that this game opens its arms to new-comers, with a massive encyclopaedia of pokemon and their descriptions, but also veterans who get a feel of nostalgia when then are gifted the starters they used over 16 years ago. The fact that pokemon get to evolve in battle is also a new feature that will most definitely change the game from here on. Hopefully the next game does some improvements in terms of player navigation etc, but in all honestly the game is a MASSIVE step for GAME FREAK and proves to their pokemon fans that they can really pull out an astonishingly good game. 10/10 For sure. Expand
  24. Mar 16, 2014
    I will not lie - this game was the reason I got myself a 3DS. When you think about it, it doesn't sound that weird, even when taking into account that I'm a grown man. A Pokemon game, to me and to many others, is that special place where we want to go to experience the pure and carefree times of childhood once more. This time change has started, a few years late, and hasn't come all the way. I'd like to start off with a little research did. Since I can't proclaim it as legitimate because I can't be 100% certain, from what I gathered, around 35%+ of people who purchase Pokemon games are adults. Just throwing it out there so you can take it in while I do my thing.
    Starting off with graphics - I can't start with anything else with "the first fully 3D Pokemon game" - I must say I'm rather disappointed. For a 3D game that doesnt look all that well, it puts some weird strain on the 3DS hardware. There is loads of lag, plus the fact that most of the time you simply can't use the 3D effects of the system, which kind of beats the point of the game being on the system. And even if you can and do - FPS goes down. The Pokemon style is still some type of weird noseless anime, and I find it more and more repulsive. The male and female body shapes almost look identical, some pokemon that need separate male and female models don't have them: In other words - this game lacks graphical polish. At times it looks like a fan-game.
    I was most surprised from the Soundtrack of this game - it's quite nice. I'm even thinking of buying it. It was a nice surprise. I haven't looked up composers, but I'm pretty sure it's not the same guy who did the previous games. One disappointing thing about the sound in this game is that they didnt bother to add new FX for Pokemon - Gen 1 Pokemon still have their 8-bit cries and they sound really outdated on a 3DS. Also, what gives with the lack of voice acting? It's the 21 century!
    Storywise, this game is absurd. The story is stupid. It wasnt even funny this time around - it's been recycled too many times now. Dialogue is really awkward and out of place sometimes. They took out the whole "Rival" aspect absolutely in this one. You do have some sort of "Rival", but it's not Garry MF Oak. Old players will get what I mean.
    Gameplay, ofcourse, is where this game shines. I have to be honest, this game I had the most fun with out of all the Pokemon games. I still love SoulSilver more than any other, but this one is pretty awesome too, and I still do recommend it solely for this reason. At times it has a lot of fan service, paced well, that will make a lot of people happy. Though, be cautious - it really is more casual than usual. But, truth be told, you can make the game harder for yourself. I did and it was loads of fun.
    In conclusion... this game was a insanely large disappointment. And I will tell you what I gathered from it. The developers of this game are not good devs. They simply aren't. The only reason The Pokemon Company still exists is because Pokemon is Pokemon and it WILL sell no matter what. This is by all means not a good game and it is blatantly obvious - it is programmed badly, it lacks essential things that every pokemon player wants - things that are not that hard to program (I'd know), the game is not at all optimised for the system and the worst - with every next game they get more and more casual and childish, because that is what Nintendo is now. Remember my opening statement? Even if it is wrong, still a large percent of pokemon players are adults. I'm not saying this to say that all pokemon games should be more hardcore (though a more-mature Pokemon game would be awesome) I still prefer a 20 hour journey into my childhood. But I'm smart enough to know when a game is not well constructed and is being released almost unfinished just because it can get away with it - because it's Pokemon and people WILL buy it, like I did. And that most certainly doesn't mean that I should stop playing Pokemon games. It means that The Pokemon Company isn't innovative. Remember the first Pokemon game? That was innovative for the time - the whole concept. Later on, Gold/Silver - you had Pokemon following you and friendships and what not - still a step up. Even Black/White had some story progression and 3D camera play. This one is the first fully 3D pokemon game, but it's an incomplete package. Somehow, with that statement, I expect it also to be voice acted, to be optimised and to have new FX. I'd much rather have that than a new Pokemon generation consisting of even more uninspired pokemon with OP stats, like the previous 2 generations. And I'm sure most players will agree. My 6YO nephew got recently into Pokemon, without having played or watched anything Pokemon related before. Guess what - his faves are Charisard and Blastoise. Hardly a coincidence.
    To sum it up: Pokemon X/Y is outdated by itself, it's an incomplete package and should not be praised for what the Genesis did 30 years ago.
  25. Mar 18, 2014
    Pokemon is one of the most popular video game series' ever created, and this has brought a new aspect to the series; multiplayer. Being able to battle other people online is incredibly entertaining... for a while. Pokemon X is easily the best in the series because of the content, new pokemon, and online multiplayer. However, it suffers from the same problem found in every previous pokemon game, the lack of replay value. Once you beat the Elite Four, there's nothing to do, unless you find countlessly losing online battles or breeding pokemon entertaining. Once you beat the game, it doesn't give you anything to do that's actually satisfying. Even worse, you only get one profile, so if you want to play it again, you have to lose all you pokemon. Still, the game is great while it lasts, and the online aspects can keep you busy for a while.
    Pros; - Content (There's tons of pokemon to catch, and tons of npc's to battle)
    - Online (Trading with other players, or battling them, is quite entertaining)
    Cons; - Replay Value (Once you beat the game, there's not much to keep you going, and even online gets bland and irritating)
    Overall, the game is okay. It's not great, due to the lack of replay value, but it's not bad, because there's tons of fun to be had while the main story line lasts. If you're a pokemon fan, you'll love this, but everyone else should spend their $40 elsewhere.
  26. Oct 15, 2013
    With these games you can leave your intellectual side on a lower level and just expect fun. The game is just that. Strategy is there but you can absorb yourself into the beautiful graphics and fun thumb smashing elements as well as cuteness of the characters. PLAYS IT!11
  27. Jul 29, 2014
    If you like the previous games (which I did) then it kind of goes without saying that you'll like this one. The formula is exactly the same it's just been spit shined. Catch Pokemon, beat gym leaders, stop the latest version of team rocket, find the legendary on the box art and complete the elite four all for the appeasement of a wise professor. Game Freak seem to have decided it ain't broke so they ain't gonna fix it. There's a few fun extra features thrown in and it looks a lot prettier but for the most part it's the same 50-60 hours of quality gaming that we expect to be re-released every year or two so while they're not getting massive points for innovation I can't deny they have made something that just never seems to get old. The online is also really cool. I've spent upwards of 20 hours trading and battling over the internet.
    If I'm completely honest the only thing I don't like about it is the new Fairy type. With the exception of the legendary Xerneas the Fairy types all look like one of the developers let their 4 year old daughter design them. Also none of them are particularly useful in battles either.
  28. Oct 15, 2013
    The best handheld Pokemon game of all time, hands down. The graphics are breath taking, the gameplay is fantastic (as always) and everything about the game is just amazing. If you don't have this game, I highly recommend getting it. A must have for any 3DS user.
  29. Oct 13, 2013
    This is the Pokemon we have all been waiting for, excellent graphics, amazing game play and beautiful words and creatures. The pace of the game is faster compare to the older versions, which make the game less boring when it comes to beating the 8 leaders. Somehow the game feels like the first one.hands down Gamefreak.
  30. Oct 16, 2013
    Played all of them since the originals like Pokemon Yellow... all I can say is Game Freak are heading in the right direction with the series! This game is actually so incredible, sales of 3DS units have sky rocketed, and it's hard to believe that this will be the first Pokemon game for some people. It's got great online features like Wonder Trade (which I love getting bidoofs) and Battle Spot (battle random people online). They also have the usual GTS and normal trade/ battle. One feature it could use is the pokemon following you thing like in HGSS, but it's not that big of a deal. Great game and a true masterpiece, especially the graphics and music. Expand

1. 3D Visuals transformed the classic Pokemon approach in a good way. Online capabilities are top notch, this new generation will really make Pokemon fans happy.
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Even if Pokémon X & Y has graphics in 3D and several other gameplay innovations it is still the same core experience as before. Focus is as always on catching them all and it is still an addictive experience. The difficulty bar is lower than before, the online functions more present and the gameplay mechanics better realised.
  3. Dec 11, 2013
    For the first time in a long time, Pokémon has taken a real step towards pushing the series forward.