8.7

1. Oct 12, 2013
    I made an account just so I can express how brilliant this game is, everyone I know bought a 3ds for this game and they wee not disappointed. This game tweaks every single nit-pick that the previous entries in the series had. Character customization? Check. Diagonal walking? Check. Ability to run from start? Check. Incredibly sped up gameplay? Check. Brilliant graphics? Check. Ability toI made an account just so I can express how brilliant this game is, everyone I know bought a 3ds for this game and they wee not disappointed. This game tweaks every single nit-pick that the previous entries in the series had. Character customization? Check. Diagonal walking? Check. Ability to run from start? Check. Incredibly sped up gameplay? Check. Brilliant graphics? Check. Ability to challenge anyone anywhere? Check. this game is truly one of the greatest RPGs of all time, it introduces new elements while improving on past elements, and fulfills every wish I had for it. Get this game now. Expand
  2. Oct 16, 2013
    I'm writing this AFTER I beat the game so for those who have not beat it please vote after you finish E4 and see if you agree.
    I will save my compliments as I know it's a great game but the major flaw is that it lacks replay value, after you beat E4, there's literally nothing to do that's sparks people as OOOO this is fun.
    Let's take a look at Soul Silver and Heart Gold, after you

Let's take a look at Soul Silver and Heart Gold, after you beat the game, you get to explore Kanto, the game opens up a whole new world, all the gym now offers toughened up rematchs, all the variety of legendary you can catch from previous generations. X and Y has nothing

Another flaw is that the Kalos Pokemon doesn't stand out, the game throws in pokemon from previous generation from the beginning and natually people will capture ones the recognize, take a look at black and white, they give you pokemon from previous gen at a much later time this forces players to use and familiarize pokemon from this generation, I have found myself a party full of pokemon from previous generations because why risk it when I know what pokemon works?

and then there's the starters, if you count the Torchic giving to you by gift, they give you 4 starters, that's ABSURD, it completely devalues your starter pokemon.

There are flaws that keep me from spending more than 20 hours on it when each game previously would take me 100 hours each, great game, but needs work
  3. Oct 13, 2013
    This is the same old Pokemon you've been playing for the last 17 years, so don't come into it expecting some sort of dramatic revolution. You will be disappointed. It is, however, very refreshing to see the game break away from the cardboard cut-outs sliding across the screen. It also does a nice job of trying to give you a mix of both new and old Pokemon, so even the old Genwunners likeThis is the same old Pokemon you've been playing for the last 17 years, so don't come into it expecting some sort of dramatic revolution. You will be disappointed. It is, however, very refreshing to see the game break away from the cardboard cut-outs sliding across the screen. It also does a nice job of trying to give you a mix of both new and old Pokemon, so even the old Genwunners like me (that's right, 1st generation is best!) can feel comfortable in the game.

The multiplayer has also improved dramatically, allowing you to interact with people at the same place in the game as you from anywhere else in the world. Trading and battling has become A LOT more relevant for people that don't have a ton of pokemon-playing friends or don't live in Japan. It's a boost us widespread American folk have needed for a LONG time.

Now if only they could revamp the battle system to be less rock-paper-scissory.
  4. Jan 6, 2014
    All i can say is wow. This pokemon game has it all! Fun battling against trainers and rivals and team flare, character customization, more proportional looking characters (head to body size-ratio), character is no longer locked into a grid when biking or rollerskating, great cool new pokemon, new moves, new fairy type, and much more. The totally updated graphics, 3D models of pokemon andAll i can say is wow. This pokemon game has it all! Fun battling against trainers and rivals and team flare, character customization, more proportional looking characters (head to body size-ratio), character is no longer locked into a grid when biking or rollerskating, great cool new pokemon, new moves, new fairy type, and much more. The totally updated graphics, 3D models of pokemon and 3D battlefields look absolutely gorgeous! That combined with the 3D option of the 3DS makes you feel like you are literally right there next to your pokemon battling it out to be the champion of the new region. The 3D option is limited to single battles and some caves though, which is disappointing but understandable. The new moves look stunning, especially with the 3D on, and it is amazing to see the pokemon actually move around and react to using and taking damage from moves. One slight downside though is that sometimes the game lags just a little when the 3D is on. As for music and sound effects? Say good-bye to all those crappy MIDI files, the new music and sound effects for moves are amazing, I love the soundtrack! This game was the reason why I bought the 3DS and it did not disappoint. I have played almost all of the main pokemon franchise games, and Pokémon X/Y is truly an amazing game and my downright favorite in the series so far! Expand
  5. Mar 16, 2014
    I will not lie - this game was the reason I got myself a 3DS. When you think about it, it doesn't sound that weird, even when taking into account that I'm a grown man. A Pokemon game, to me and to many others, is that special place where we want to go to experience the pure and carefree times of childhood once more. This time change has started, a few years late, and hasn't come all theI will not lie - this game was the reason I got myself a 3DS. When you think about it, it doesn't sound that weird, even when taking into account that I'm a grown man. A Pokemon game, to me and to many others, is that special place where we want to go to experience the pure and carefree times of childhood once more. This time change has started, a few years late, and hasn't come all the way. I'd like to start off with a little research did. Since I can't proclaim it as legitimate because I can't be 100% certain, from what I gathered, around 35%+ of people who purchase Pokemon games are adults. Just throwing it out there so you can take it in while I do my thing.
    Starting off with graphics - I can't start with anything else with "the first fully 3D Pokemon game" - I must say I'm rather disappointed. For a 3D game that doesnt look all that well, it puts some weird strain on the 3DS hardware. There is loads of lag, plus the fact that most of the time you simply can't use the 3D effects of the system, which kind of beats the point of the game being on the system. And even if you can and do - FPS goes down. The Pokemon style is still some type of weird noseless anime, and I find it more and more repulsive. The male and female body shapes almost look identical, some pokemon that need separate male and female models don't have them: In other words - this game lacks graphical polish. At times it looks like a fan-game.
    I was most surprised from the Soundtrack of this game - it's quite nice. I'm even thinking of buying it. It was a nice surprise. I haven't looked up composers, but I'm pretty sure it's not the same guy who did the previous games. One disappointing thing about the sound in this game is that they didnt bother to add new FX for Pokemon - Gen 1 Pokemon still have their 8-bit cries and they sound really outdated on a 3DS. Also, what gives with the lack of voice acting? It's the 21 century!
    Storywise, this game is absurd. The story is stupid. It wasnt even funny this time around - it's been recycled too many times now. Dialogue is really awkward and out of place sometimes. They took out the whole "Rival" aspect absolutely in this one. You do have some sort of "Rival", but it's not Garry MF Oak. Old players will get what I mean.
    Gameplay, ofcourse, is where this game shines. I have to be honest, this game I had the most fun with out of all the Pokemon games. I still love SoulSilver more than any other, but this one is pretty awesome too, and I still do recommend it solely for this reason. At times it has a lot of fan service, paced well, that will make a lot of people happy. Though, be cautious - it really is more casual than usual. But, truth be told, you can make the game harder for yourself. I did and it was loads of fun.
    In conclusion... this game was a insanely large disappointment. And I will tell you what I gathered from it. The developers of this game are not good devs. They simply aren't. The only reason The Pokemon Company still exists is because Pokemon is Pokemon and it WILL sell no matter what. This is by all means not a good game and it is blatantly obvious - it is programmed badly, it lacks essential things that every pokemon player wants - things that are not that hard to program (I'd know), the game is not at all optimised for the system and the worst - with every next game they get more and more casual and childish, because that is what Nintendo is now. Remember my opening statement? Even if it is wrong, still a large percent of pokemon players are adults. I'm not saying this to say that all pokemon games should be more hardcore (though a more-mature Pokemon game would be awesome) I still prefer a 20 hour journey into my childhood. But I'm smart enough to know when a game is not well constructed and is being released almost unfinished just because it can get away with it - because it's Pokemon and people WILL buy it, like I did. And that most certainly doesn't mean that I should stop playing Pokemon games. It means that The Pokemon Company isn't innovative. Remember the first Pokemon game? That was innovative for the time - the whole concept. Later on, Gold/Silver - you had Pokemon following you and friendships and what not - still a step up. Even Black/White had some story progression and 3D camera play. This one is the first fully 3D pokemon game, but it's an incomplete package. Somehow, with that statement, I expect it also to be voice acted, to be optimised and to have new FX. I'd much rather have that than a new Pokemon generation consisting of even more uninspired pokemon with OP stats, like the previous 2 generations. And I'm sure most players will agree. My 6YO nephew got recently into Pokemon, without having played or watched anything Pokemon related before. Guess what - his faves are Charisard and Blastoise. Hardly a coincidence.
    To sum it up: Pokemon X/Y is outdated by itself, it's an incomplete package and should not be praised for what the Genesis did 30 years ago.
  6. Mar 18, 2014
    Pokemon is one of the most popular video game series' ever created, and this has brought a new aspect to the series; multiplayer. Being able to battle other people online is incredibly entertaining... for a while. Pokemon X is easily the best in the series because of the content, new pokemon, and online multiplayer. However, it suffers from the same problem found in every previous pokemonPokemon is one of the most popular video game series' ever created, and this has brought a new aspect to the series; multiplayer. Being able to battle other people online is incredibly entertaining... for a while. Pokemon X is easily the best in the series because of the content, new pokemon, and online multiplayer. However, it suffers from the same problem found in every previous pokemon game, the lack of replay value. Once you beat the Elite Four, there's nothing to do, unless you find countlessly losing online battles or breeding pokemon entertaining. Once you beat the game, it doesn't give you anything to do that's actually satisfying. Even worse, you only get one profile, so if you want to play it again, you have to lose all you pokemon. Still, the game is great while it lasts, and the online aspects can keep you busy for a while.
    Pros; - Content (There's tons of pokemon to catch, and tons of npc's to battle)
    - Online (Trading with other players, or battling them, is quite entertaining)
    Cons; - Replay Value (Once you beat the game, there's not much to keep you going, and even online gets bland and irritating)
    Overall, the game is okay. It's not great, due to the lack of replay value, but it's not bad, because there's tons of fun to be had while the main story line lasts. If you're a pokemon fan, you'll love this, but everyone else should spend their $40 elsewhere.
  7. Jul 29, 2014
    If you like the previous games (which I did) then it kind of goes without saying that you'll like this one. The formula is exactly the same it's just been spit shined. Catch Pokemon, beat gym leaders, stop the latest version of team rocket, find the legendary on the box art and complete the elite four all for the appeasement of a wise professor. Game Freak seem to have decided it ain'tIf you like the previous games (which I did) then it kind of goes without saying that you'll like this one. The formula is exactly the same it's just been spit shined. Catch Pokemon, beat gym leaders, stop the latest version of team rocket, find the legendary on the box art and complete the elite four all for the appeasement of a wise professor. Game Freak seem to have decided it ain't broke so they ain't gonna fix it. There's a few fun extra features thrown in and it looks a lot prettier but for the most part it's the same 50-60 hours of quality gaming that we expect to be re-released every year or two so while they're not getting massive points for innovation I can't deny they have made something that just never seems to get old. The online is also really cool. I've spent upwards of 20 hours trading and battling over the internet.
    If I'm completely honest the only thing I don't like about it is the new Fairy type. With the exception of the legendary Xerneas the Fairy types all look like one of the developers let their 4 year old daughter design them. Also none of them are particularly useful in battles either.
  8. Jan 16, 2014
    wow, a lot of fun and tons of content!

i haven't played pokemon since the original on gameboy. so when i got a 3ds i had to give this game a shot, and i was interested in playing against some friends online. this game has tons of content. i've spent 10 hours and feel like i have a lot left to do. have read the main story is about 30 hours. pretty good value i think. NEGATIVES:
    wow, a lot of fun and tons of content!

this game has tons of content. i've spent 10 hours and feel like i have a lot left to do. have read the main story is about 30 hours. pretty good value i think. NEGATIVES: for something so polished there are design choices that make you really scratch your head. #1 thing i hate about this game, no audio mixing??? seriously? the music is ok at best. after an hour or two you just want to turn it off. i'd really like to listen to the sounds of monsters and listen to my own music. tears.
  9. May 9, 2014
    Game: Pokemon X
    Genre: RPG
    Developer: GameFreak/Nintendo System: 3DS Total Score: 94/100 Value Score: 9.4/10 • Story: 7/10 • Characters: 8/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 10/10 • Sound: 9/10 • Music: 10/10 • Length: 10/10 • Replay Value: 10/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +A very lengthy storyline +Although not many changes with the storyline, the antagonist team story
    Game: Pokemon X

• Music: 10/10
    • Length: 10/10
    • Replay Value: 10/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +A very lengthy storyline
    +Although not many changes with the storyline, the antagonist team story has a unique twist not seen in previous games.
    +A lot of old pokemon have re-emerged unlike the past two gens where it was mainly new pokemon with a few old pokemon
    +Battle system is the same formula but is fresh thanks to new changes and new additions
    +Characters can have their appearances be customized
    +Unique change to previous games when it comes to getting starter pokemon
    +Many new options were made thanks to the evolution of the internet infrastructure for the series - new modes include Wonder Trade, a improved GTS system and other new modes.
    +Thanks to the new online capabilities, Pokemon feels more like a social game as players can be connected through the internet, challenge or trade each other at any given time throughout with each other in the whole world.
    +Mega Evolutions have brought forth a evolution in the battle mechanics in the series.
    +Fairy Type is the new pokemon type that adds flavor to the competitive scene and the mechanics as many pokemon have been re-arranged with the typing.
    +Saving feature is practically instant compared to previous games where you had to wait a few seconds.
    +Pokemon's Design has officially changed from the 2D perspective to the 3D perspective thus revolutionizing the series just like the third gen did with its own visual design changes from its previous gens.
    +The OST is one of the best made in the series.
    +There are a lot of easter eggs and many odes to the first, second and third gens through Pokemon appearances, certain dungeon/areas, etc.
    +Additional features which help you breed/groom pokemon and the combination with the new online capabilities make Pokemon X/Y a game that will be played for a long time with endless hours.

Cons
    -No major changes to the storyline, same formula
    -Rival and Antagonist Team are still weak compared to previous games in the series
    -Seasons feature from Gen 5 did not carry over
    -Some of the older pokemon still have their midi voices recycled rather than improving them with new sound files
    -Post game content is quite weak compared to previous games.
    -Elite Four do not get stronger in post game
    -Safari Zone in the game is more like a Safari backyard.
  10. Feb 8, 2014
    that game is pure perfection... and don't know what else to say ... i was never that thrilled to play a pokemon game since gold and silver! a MUST have
  11. Dec 27, 2013
    I'm loving it so far. There is a strange beautiful mix of old and new. All the past Pokemon from the whole series is in this game and it is brilliant. It's everything I wanted Pokemon blue to be and more. It is perfect.
  12. Jan 16, 2014
    Pokemon. In 3D. With great music. Great environments. Better online gameplay. And better Pokemon. AND awesome graphics. So. Um, yeah. Review's done.
  13. Oct 13, 2013
    I am still in middle of game so obviously rating might still change but after I have played like 30 hours I must say I have really enjoyed game extremely much. There is crazy many pokemons to catch and time flies when you play, what more can you ask really, I am quite sure I will play this game more than anything for years so if that is not worth 10/10 What is then? Yet still this game isI am still in middle of game so obviously rating might still change but after I have played like 30 hours I must say I have really enjoyed game extremely much. There is crazy many pokemons to catch and time flies when you play, what more can you ask really, I am quite sure I will play this game more than anything for years so if that is not worth 10/10 What is then? Yet still this game is nowhere near prefect, I have two complaints that hopefully will be done better in future generations: Firstly, difficulty level isn't quite hard enough, at least gym leaders could have higher level pokemons so that you wouldn't so easily over train your pokes before reaching them and though beating them too easily. Secondly there is some issues with framerate in battles, specially when you use 3D. Expand
  14. Oct 13, 2013
    Colorful, cute and pretty successful transition to 3D turned off series.
    Of course the game is not solved cons (Easy battles with NPCs), but overall it keeps the bar series.
  15. Oct 12, 2013
    Pokémon X is the reason that the 2ds was made. Most of the game is in 2d, and considering how nice it looks, this is a shame. The gameplay, however, truly shines. With over 700 Pokémon to battle and trade, this game is an absolute blast to play. It never gets old to see your Pokémon mega evolve or to crush your friend in a 6 vs. 6 battle. Rebalancing within the game ensures that bothPokémon X is the reason that the 2ds was made. Most of the game is in 2d, and considering how nice it looks, this is a shame. The gameplay, however, truly shines. With over 700 Pokémon to battle and trade, this game is an absolute blast to play. It never gets old to see your Pokémon mega evolve or to crush your friend in a 6 vs. 6 battle. Rebalancing within the game ensures that both casual and hardcore fans will have plenty to find within the game. Small tweaks also greatly enhance the experience as well. The rollerblades mean you don't constantly have to hold the b button to run, and changing your appearance makes the game feel so much more immersive. Sadly, the new Pokémon-Amie and super training features get old after 15 minutes. Nonetheless, this is a great fan if you are a newcomer or a seasoned veteran. Expand
  16. Nov 26, 2013
    At first it looks like just another sequel, then i played it. it had a feel that no other Pokemon game had, freedom. for the first time for me, i felt completly free in a pokemon game. it is a good game to start in with the series but some people who dont like the newer pokemon my have a different opinion. some people i talk to say that it has strayed too far off of the pokemon conceptAt first it looks like just another sequel, then i played it. it had a feel that no other Pokemon game had, freedom. for the first time for me, i felt completly free in a pokemon game. it is a good game to start in with the series but some people who dont like the newer pokemon my have a different opinion. some people i talk to say that it has strayed too far off of the pokemon concept but i would say it has enhanced it. Expand
  17. Oct 22, 2013
    Man, oh man...has it been a long time. I remember in elementary school when the first Pokemon games started getting hot. There I was with my Tamagachi and trapper keeper, when my friend brought the first copy of Pokemon Red that we had ever seen. From there, you know the rest of the story.

Pokemon is a franchise that's had a large following ever since it's arrival in the US 10+ years ago...and it's easy to see why. While technically geared for young children, the RPG elements here are nonetheless incredibly deep, meaning it pleases casual youngsters and hardcore players alike. It's so incredibly good that there are even tournaments held all over the place, meaning that this franchise is NOT just for kids.

Pokemon X and Y are the best things that have happened to this IP since it's origins. Having not played Pokemon seriously since FireRed, it had been a long time for me. Fortunately, the myriad of new stuff for me to enjoy is abundant in X and Y. Everything from the new pokemon, to avatar customization and various online modes are all new things that I had always wanted from earlier games and now, they are here. Super Training and Pokemon Amie are also great additions, making the process of further customizing and caring for your pokemon even deeper.

The game looks fantastic, too. Ever since pokemon stadium, players have desperately wanted a full 3D pokemon game...and now it's here. And it is glorious. The art style they chose kinda reminds me of the 'Tales' series of RPGs...and while it's not very original, it nevertheless embodies pokemon better than other styles would have.

The bottom line is this: If you ever played a pokemon game and liked it, you should try this. Doesn't matter if it's been a decade since you last played, or if you never stopped playing; Pokemon X and Y are simply the best in the series so far.
  18. Oct 12, 2013
    made an account just to review this game. As far as pokemon games go this game is the best out of all of them and the only game this year thats not let me down. its a huge leap from the 2d sprites of the last one to the now 3d models of this game makes the graphics look amazing. the battles feels alot better because of how its at bit faster pace and it just flows what makes them moremade an account just to review this game. As far as pokemon games go this game is the best out of all of them and the only game this year thats not let me down. its a huge leap from the 2d sprites of the last one to the now 3d models of this game makes the graphics look amazing. the battles feels alot better because of how its at bit faster pace and it just flows what makes them more enjoyable. not best at writing reviews but trust me this game is awesome and any pokemon fan will love it! Expand
  19. Oct 13, 2013
    I aslo made an account just for the purpose of reviewing this game. I don't think I can adequately put into words just how incredible this game is. I've played pigeon since the beginning, but it took me a very long while to make the jump to the DS platform. Recently I decided I was going to purchase a 3ds xl and give the new generation a shot. I got my ds,a copy of black 2, and while theI aslo made an account just for the purpose of reviewing this game. I don't think I can adequately put into words just how incredible this game is. I've played pigeon since the beginning, but it took me a very long while to make the jump to the DS platform. Recently I decided I was going to purchase a 3ds xl and give the new generation a shot. I got my ds,a copy of black 2, and while the learning curve was interesting coming from the gb, gba gens, I actually liked it quite a bit. I still had reservations going into pokemon x and y. Well I am here to say, if you love pokemon and have been playing every new iteration, or are like me and want to jump back in and maybe get a little competitive, this game is worth it. So worth it, that I have gone out and made sure I picked up y as well. Expand
  20. Oct 14, 2013
    It is simply more than I ever expected from a Pokémon game. Since Gold and Silver I never felt such a leap in graphics, social interactions and new Pokémon. This game is astounding. I've played for 28 hours on this weekend and wished to play more on this monday! This software is crazy awesome!
  21. Oct 14, 2013
    A must have for any Pokemon fan. Can't express how new and fun the game is. Personally I play it without the 3d is it is a perfect game for 2ds users!
  22. Dec 9, 2013
    Since Silver/Gold (precious memory in my childhood), I haven't played the series. In fact, I have longtime left the Nintendo family.
    This time I am advertised by the 3D feature, so I bought a 2DS for playing the game. Honestly speaking, I cannot find the full feeling after playing it as Silver, I mean X/Y is a forgettable game, but I admit X/Y is qualified and innovated some how.
    What I
    What I feel disappointed in the game are: I cannot capture all the pokemons in the game; Plot is very mediocre; Post game is boring; Wifi battle only supports up to 2v2. I think if 4v4 available, will be much more fun; Frame rate drops significantly when 2v2, which is very annoying.
    Overall, 8.5, honestly speaking. The reason I give 10 is that at least when I was playing it, I really enjoyed.
  23. Oct 16, 2014
    To start off, I really did enjoy this game. I love the graphics, the music and the new features.
    Its as I remember from the previous gens. Catch Pokemon, train them, beat the elite four, catch em all.
    The mechanics are the same and nothing is changed to ruin its reputation in the franchise. The main 3 problems I have with this game are the following: EXP share - I get it. But to

The main 3 problems I have with this game are the following:

EXP share - I get it. But to offer this at the beginning of the game takes away that desperation of training your Pokemon to beat the gym ahead of you. Every other game made you work for your success. Red,Blue and Yellow had this 3/4's of the game so you had to make progress to earn it. In this, you simply use 1 Pokemon in your whole party and everything levels up. We just got it far too easy this gen.

Easy Difficulty - I guess this ties to the EXP share too, but the overall gameplay is also on easy mode. I don't think there was one battle where I struggled

Nothing after the Elite Four - So I'm pretty sure we were all waiting to see what we will get to do after the Elite Four? Well I have to say it was insulting that nothing else was waiting for us after our previous experiences with the other games. Ok you can look for the megastones, but nothing exciting unlocks. Thats where the game died for me.

Now I'll explain why I gave it a relatively high score.
    I loved the competitive gameplay. The EV/IV training was a great feature in this and much more simplified for players to get into.
    The environments were very immersive as well. I enjoyed taking in the scenery while exploring the region.
    The graphics, battle sequences, animations and music also made this game for me.

They kept the core of the gameplay the same. Just refreshed, more competitive and for everyone to enjoy.
    If it wasnt for those flaws, this game would be amazing. Again, I really did enjoy this game and its certainly one of the top 10 3ds games in my opinion.
  24. Dec 23, 2013
    Pokemon X is a great game. The Mega evolutions are a good addition to the game and the graphics are improved a lot. Another great feature is the experience share which lets ALL your pokemon gain experience. This makes it very easy to battle and not have to switch out. My only complaint would be it is slightly easier then the others and I completed it really fast, but, there are ways toPokemon X is a great game. The Mega evolutions are a good addition to the game and the graphics are improved a lot. Another great feature is the experience share which lets ALL your pokemon gain experience. This makes it very easy to battle and not have to switch out. My only complaint would be it is slightly easier then the others and I completed it really fast, but, there are ways to change that if you want a more challenging gaming experience (such as turning off experience share). Expand
  25. Apr 30, 2014
    I haven't played Pokemon since Heartgold, I skipped out on Black and White because I thought I grew out of Pokemon. Playing Pokemon X showed me that I was 100% wrong. Pokemon is just one of those games that just does not get old no matter how many iterations come out. The graphics are an enormous step up from previous games, no more flat sprites or sprites in a 3D realm, all charcaters,I haven't played Pokemon since Heartgold, I skipped out on Black and White because I thought I grew out of Pokemon. Playing Pokemon X showed me that I was 100% wrong. Pokemon is just one of those games that just does not get old no matter how many iterations come out. The graphics are an enormous step up from previous games, no more flat sprites or sprites in a 3D realm, all charcaters, items, pokemon, places, are 3D models and it makes the game absolutely beautiful. While X is easier than the older games (I had no trouble at all getting through the Elite Four), it was still a great game to play and I have moved onto the online scene trying my hand, or team in this case, against others. Playing X reminded me what it was like to work my way up to the top all over again, something I haven't experienced since the Johto remakes. X is a wonderful game that everyone should give a chance, if they feel like Pokemon is something they outgrew. Expand
  26. Jan 11, 2014
    I bought a 3ds just to play this game and it is totally worth it, it is so much easier to EV breed and IV train which makes it quite fun post game on online battles although storyline wise it is very short which is a shame the battling is a huge improvement with the pokemon now being 3D characters each showing different animations depending on the pokemon the 3d is also very good in theI bought a 3ds just to play this game and it is totally worth it, it is so much easier to EV breed and IV train which makes it quite fun post game on online battles although storyline wise it is very short which is a shame the battling is a huge improvement with the pokemon now being 3D characters each showing different animations depending on the pokemon the 3d is also very good in the parts where it is enabled such as glittering cave overall an amazing game definitely recommend Expand
  27. Jan 26, 2014
    For years I've said how much I hate Pokemon game and role-playing games. Well, after playing Pokemon X, I can say I have officially eaten my words. There's nothing bad I can say about this game. The gameplay is so vivid. When i play, i feel like im inside of the Pokemon anime. And you can't help but get attached to the Pokemon you raise. I can trully say Pokemon X is my new favorite game.For years I've said how much I hate Pokemon game and role-playing games. Well, after playing Pokemon X, I can say I have officially eaten my words. There's nothing bad I can say about this game. The gameplay is so vivid. When i play, i feel like im inside of the Pokemon anime. And you can't help but get attached to the Pokemon you raise. I can trully say Pokemon X is my new favorite game. And when i purchase Pokemon Y, Ill review it too. Expand
  28. Feb 17, 2014
    Overall the most disappointing in the series, a weak post game, lazy animated 3D models, a terrible story that's meant to feel "deep" but in the end comes off shallow, and extremely dumbed down AI.

But it also has some of the best multiplier, and some really good customization options so each trainer looks unique to each player plus the music is still good like in most Pokemon games

Is it a bad game no, is it a good game no, its mediocre at best and will really only be enjoyed by new players to the series or die hard Poke-Fans
  29. Feb 25, 2014
    I became a fan of the Pokemon series with the release of Pokemon Emerald, flying through that game and Firered within a few short weeks. I was captivated by Diamond when it was released in 2007, and again felt joy when playing through Soulsilver in 2010. However, I disliked the Generation V games - the gameplay was too repetitive, the Pokemon designs were ugly, and I just could not attachI became a fan of the Pokemon series with the release of Pokemon Emerald, flying through that game and Firered within a few short weeks. I was captivated by Diamond when it was released in 2007, and again felt joy when playing through Soulsilver in 2010. However, I disliked the Generation V games - the gameplay was too repetitive, the Pokemon designs were ugly, and I just could not attach myself to any of the characters.

In the months leading up to the release of Pokemon X and Y, I grew excited again. The new Pokemon designs were, for the most part, fantastic - and while I disliked the exclusivity of Mega Evolutions and that they only activate during battle, I thought they were a cool concept. Visually, Pokemon X is spectacular, although the frame rate drops noticeably if the 3D feature is activated during battles. However, I dislike the music, which does not meet the standards set by the earlier generations. The region feels very small compared to earlier locales such as Hoenn, and the caves choke you in their linearity.

The worst offender is the story. While the Pokemon games have never been known for their story, at least it was there - at least it made sense and was enjoyable to watch as a side quest to whatever story you had created for yourself. That is not the case with these games. The story - if it can be called that - was quite clearly tacked on without a second thought for how it should work, and it killed the experience for me. I cannot recommend this game.
  30. Oct 12, 2013
    Incredibly fun game, trailers don't do the graphics justice this is an improvement in every way visually without sacrificing any of that pokemon feel. Think Ni No Kuni and you'll have some idea of how great it looks. Slight frame rate drop and lack of features (No hardmode etc) are an annoyance but pale in terms of the weight of content added. Probably the most enjoyable game to come outIncredibly fun game, trailers don't do the graphics justice this is an improvement in every way visually without sacrificing any of that pokemon feel. Think Ni No Kuni and you'll have some idea of how great it looks. Slight frame rate drop and lack of features (No hardmode etc) are an annoyance but pale in terms of the weight of content added. Probably the most enjoyable game to come out of the pokemon series yet. Expand

1. 3D Visuals transformed the classic Pokemon approach in a good way. Online capabilities are top notch, this new generation will really make Pokemon fans happy.
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Even if Pokémon X & Y has graphics in 3D and several other gameplay innovations it is still the same core experience as before. Focus is as always on catching them all and it is still an addictive experience. The difficulty bar is lower than before, the online functions more present and the gameplay mechanics better realised.
  3. Dec 11, 2013
    For the first time in a long time, Pokémon has taken a real step towards pushing the series forward.