8.8

1. Oct 12, 2013
    Any pokemon fan can get this game and enjoy. This game is pretty fun and has beautiful visuals too. Every aspect of pokemon has been improved with pokemon x and y.
  2. Oct 12, 2013
    Pokémon has been around for several years, and today marks another day in the history of this franchise. Two new games called X and Y have been released to start the sixth generation of this beloved series. Can those games still provide us with the fun we had all these years?

You start of as either a boy, Callum, or a girl, Serena. You just moved into town but you're introduced to the
    other characters pretty quick. When you walk outside, you meet the opposite protagonist and Shauna. Shortly after you are introduced to two more characters and it seems that they are a whole bunch of friends. You get your first starter and a new journey has officially begun. Story-wise this game is pretty simple, but it gets pretty deep as you meet the new antagonists Team Flare. They start of as a silly team with a terrible taste of fashion, but don't let the cover fool you. While playing through the game, you'll discover that they aren't just a team out for money. They are far more villainous than that.

This game introduced us to a lot of new mechanics, too much to cover here actually. For that reason, I'm only covering the two most popular mechanics: the Fairy type and Mega Evolutions. The Fairy-type are new kinds of pokémon discovered within the Kalos region, which gives the dragon nation another run for their money. And here is the big one: Mega Evolutions. To mention it in short, they are new forms of Pokémon their final evolution, with boosted stats and awesome designs. Many pokémon have these already, and currently even more are being discovered. The only problem is that some pokémon have them and some won't. Also, it is guaranteed that pokémon which have these certain Mega Evolutions will not have another evolution. But looking through that, this is definitely a great new addition to the franchise.

Pokémon designs are always a hit or miss for me. This generation only included 69 pokémon so far, but I have to say that I like most of them, with a few exceptions. And therefore, I prefer quality over quantity, and Gamefreak realised that and did their best with the designs.

Those games introduced so much to the franchise, and will definitely keep you busy for a lot of hours.
  3. Oct 12, 2013
    Pokemon X and y is beautiful. I have not yet gone fully through the game, but i already know how awesome it is. Pokemon X and y is THE BEST pokemon games to date and no doubt about that.; The new pokemon, your friends, the visuals, the new mechanics(especially mega evolution and super training), pokemon amie all add up to game that if you have a 3ds, you can NOT pass up. If you don't have a 3ds and don't want to pay as much for it, this game is almost as enjoyable in the 2ds, minus the epic 3d in battles. YOU MUST GET POKEMON X AND Y! Expand
  4. Oct 14, 2013
    So great! I'm in love with this game, 16 hours in two days! The 3d graphics are great, the soundtrack is great, the map is pretty big decent, and the story is solid! I haven't thought of anything else the game could have had!
  5. Oct 13, 2013
    The game feels fresh, re-innovated and new while still keeping that Pokemon flare. It is definitely a huge leap in the franchise, even though it was already fairly successful. The enchanting music, beautiful graphics and vast region all contribute to the charm of the 6th Gen of Pokemon. On top of all of that, character customization and pokemon-amie, really make the player feel much more immersed in the world of Pokemon. Expand
  6. Oct 12, 2013
    Pokemon X and y are brilliant games. They are the closest realization to Satoshi Tajiri's 15 year dream. If you want to get a game, the best one out now is probably pokemon x and y.
  7. Oct 13, 2013
    bought 3DS just for this one... was not disappointed.. HONEST! brings back childhood feels! I've never been excited about getting a game for a long time!
  8. Oct 27, 2013
    I saw a lot of reviews on day 1 proclaiming this as the best game in the series and I didn't want to do so until I had done most of what the game had to offer. 140 hours later and I can say this my favorite of the series. Easily. I just can't put it down. There are valid drawbacks that the critics are harping on, but by no means do they take away from the rest of its brilliance. I couldn't even justify giving it a 9. PSS, Wonder Trade, Full 3d battling, mega evolution being more about strategy than breaking the meta game, super training, pokemon amie, friend safari, the kalos region itself, the beautiful new pokemon designs, the solid and balanced variety of pokemon, and the continued incentives to train multiple pokemon make this an incredible amount of fun and it may sound like blasphemy but I can't see myself going back to any of the previous gens. This is the game gen 5 wanted to and failed miserably to be. Seriously after playing pokemon black, i was THIS close to giving up on the series. 35 hours of gameplay on pokemon black and I really didn't think I'd ever want to play another new version in the series. Poor new pokemon designs, a region that was too busy and unremarkable, the battle system tried to bring pokemon to life but with the DS's hardware limitations...at least to me it was an ugly result. I'd given up hope. This game did much more than just restore it. I can tell you that much. I haven't been a fanatic since gen 3 and now the old feelings are all back. That's what makes this game so perfect in my mind. Expand
  9. Oct 16, 2013
    Good: battle animations are great, the game is finally 3D, music is fantastic, it's very addicting, online battling and trading is awesome
    Bad: pretty easy, broken xp share system, graphics not so good in overworld, Lumiose City is terrible with its bad camera and easily getting lost cause it looks the same everywhere,
    I'd say 9/10. If it weren't so easy I'd have given it 10/10
  10. Oct 19, 2013
    What can i say that hasn't been said. This game is epic and has quickly climbed its way up my pokemon game ranking list.. I would say it sits at the top spot HOWEVER it is tied with Pokemon Soul Silver for first place. I just cant dismiss the nostalgia of soul silver and i really wish that x and y had 2 countries and 16 badges to collect.

MY ONLY gripe with this game is that i waited
    SO long for a 3d pokemon game.. and its pretty much not even in 3D. I understand why mind you.. It would have been laggy in outdoor areas. BUT I play with my 3d slider on all the time in all of my games and I was actually extremely disappointed to find that half of this game didn't even use the effect.

The whole point of the slider is to have the choice to play in 3d or not so i really would have preferred them to include the 3d visuals even if the frame rate wasn't quite up to it outdoors.. it would have still been great to see 3D in houses, pokemon centers and Gyms

But the 3d problems aside the game is a blast to play.. in fact its just as much fun as red version was when i was little.. Im 25 now and pokemon still knows how to tickle my fancy. this game should NOT be missed weather you are a pokefan or not.

DO NOT make the mistake of thinking that pokemon is a childish game.. its depth is unprecedented when you actually understand the game mechanics and with the added social and online features its a breathtaking experience. One of the best 3ds games to date for sure!
  11. Oct 29, 2013
    Pros: - Gorgeous 3D graphics - Newly updated pokemon with decent designs this time - Mega evolutions and Super training - Beautiful soundtrack making use of the 3DS audio capabilities - Online battling is intense and is worth it after breeding, ev training etc - Wonder Trade: Send a Bidoof for a chance to get anything remotely better :) - The amount of girls (especially japanese) that play online, and you can talk with them through the 3DS
    - Friend safari, find pokemon easily with hidden abilities

Cons:
    - Game is too easy, even with EXP share off
    - Lack of post-game, only 1 legendary in the cave and a battle tower king of thing
    - E4 and champion are a complete joke. I swear you could sweep the entire thing with just a mewtwo or anything really
    - Wonder trade trolls
    - Slight frame rate issues, especially with 3D on
    - Not sure why but there is no 3D mode for the adventure bit (main part) and only for battling?
    - Lumiose city... oh boy.. you gotta walk in it to see for yourself
    - Why does a shirt cost 300,000 ??
    - People buying 3DS just for this game. I know it sounds like a good thing, but it kind of bugs me when people go out and buy a 3DS just to play this game and never touch it again after they finish it
  12. Oct 27, 2013
    Best pokemon game in the series.
    Graphics: 10/10
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Story: 7/10
    The story is not it's strong point, but it's fun and awesome!
    The enemy team looks cool too!
    EVERYTHiNG IS FUN AND I URGE YOU TO PLAY IT!
  13. Oct 19, 2013
    In my time in the game so far, 50hrs, not once have I had so much fun in recent years. I had skipped Gen 5 of pokemon and got out of the whole series for a while; pokemon Y is a refreshing jump back in and captures the magic of series perfectly the battles are fun, raising a team is great, and nintendo finally figured out how to do online right. Some of the NPCs are a little lack luster in terms of character development most notably the professor and the champion, but others like Lysandere are some of the best in the handheld series of pokemon games.

TL;DR I liked this game it's loads of fun
  14. Oct 20, 2013
    Pokemon X/Y- generation 6- is outstandingly beautiful. The story is incredibly mature, the battles more challenging than ever before, and the world breathtaking- I literally found myself gasping as the camera would sweep to the massive, beautiful structures scattered throughout Kalos. The game is inspirational- it truly conveys the feeling of an adventure. Of growing alongside friends, making memories, and coming to love the Pokemon you travel with- Pokemon brought alive like never before.

I bought a 3DS solely to play this game... and it was the best purchase I've ever made. These games are an invaluable experience- I recommend them to any and all fans of exploration, trial, and beauty.
  15. Oct 15, 2013
    15 years ago I played Pokemon Blue, a few years later I played Silver. I kept playing all iterations up until Black/White. This is the first Pokemon game I've played in many years and it's likely the best one yet. The nostalgia of seeing all the generation 1 Pokes is a great feeling and the new 3D engine is nothing short of superb.
  16. Oct 18, 2013
    Pokemon X & Y if you are a pokemon fan you will not be disappointed but like every game this has its pros and cons in my opinion.
    For the good points.
    The graphics, I cant believe how much has changed, I didnt think that much would change but i got it completely wrong Gamefreak have got it spot on with overhaul and have dont a great job.
    You also have a more wide variety of pokemon
    from all the generations instead of just being focused on the new gen in the wild. It could possibly be because of the low numbers of new pokemon released for the new pokedex.
    I also love the new storyline i didnt expect it being a little bit dark with it being a pokemon game but obviously not too dark with it being a kids game.
    Also the mega evolutions i think is a really cool idea just wished there was a more variety of different pokemon that could use them.

My only few issues with this game is.
    My main con is I dont like the new EXP ALL. Alot of fans are loving this new feature where i dont because i feel this game has been made too easy as i have not lost a battle the whole game even against the elite 4. and after the first play through i have a pokemon at level 83 with the rest of my team over level 70. If you like to do a good grind you will be over powered for the game i was always between 10-20 levels above the gym leaders which took the challenge out of the game so by the 6th or 7th gym i stopped grinding to make the game a bit more challenging but by the time i came to the elite four most of their pokemon were one hit wonders and i did not even use the mega evolution once.
    Second of all with the Elite 4 i felt the choice of types of pokemon were not that great where white and black were challenging and this game was not.
    Last of all i dont know if it because people have not discovered more to do yet but i cant seem to find much to do once you have completed your first play through. I found mewtwo & Moltres easily enough with all i know is there is only one legendary left. Plus you also have the mega stone to find as well but because i have not found much use of mega evolutions because of the lack of difficulty i have not bothered finding them.

To sum this game up. Its worth a buy it is a huge step up from the previous games and it kept me glued to the game for about 30 hours or so but i have lost interest once defeating the elite 4 for the first time because i felt the game was too easy where in previous games i was always wanting to go back for more to make my team better
  17. Oct 14, 2013
    This was my most anticipated game EVER. It's an awesome game, BUT the complete lack of information from Game Freak, especially a 2 month hiatus where nothing was announced, was completely unnecessary. No more worldwide releases please. But with that said; From the roller skates, a whole bunch of Pokémon, mega evolutions, character customization, and great graphics, if you have a 3DS; Go get this game. It's fun. Expand
  18. Oct 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just got the game yesterday, after the job and man I just used almost 4 hours playing it with the Mini-games from Pokémon Amie AND Super Training. When I realized, It's Like 2 am and I had to work on next day! Yes, spent a lot of time just in the EV training and Amie mini-games to get boosted XP in battles (If you pokémon is happy, full and you have played games with it, It will have some little sparks in the Amie mode, it's the signal that IT will gain boosted xp points in battle). By the way, I just spend hours and didn't even reached the first gym.

Just today in the Lunch break I had time to go and beat the first Gym! But only this. After the job it's provable I'll spend more hours doing mini-games and training my team, maybe getting my Kanto Starter (already got Torchic).

Pokémon X (what I get) is a really good game from the start. Instead of Running to beat all the gyms I'm taking my time. Also, it's a good game for the genwummers, since in the SECOND pokémon you SAW (but not is able to catch) in the over-world is from Gen 1. And in the first tall grass you had a chance to get ANOTHER Gen 1 Pokémon (IF you buy pokéballs BEFORE leaving the town AFTER getting your starter).

To tell the truth, I just ran into 4 pokémon from Gen 1 in Pokémon X, one from Gen 4, Three from Gen 5 and TWO from Gen 6 All of this in the FIRST FOREST.

If you don't like the new pokémon just don't catch them. there is plenty of Old School Pokémon from the previous generations. 10 Different species of Pokémon JUST in the first forest.

I'll not be talking about the graphics or music, tons of users already spoke about it.

I played Black 2 and Loved the way the game made the story flow, but sometimes I got to start to grind with is really boring. Maybe with the super Training and the NEW EXP.Share, I'll be able to grind less since super training will help to get the EV points in the right place, easily. Amie let you play with you pokémon to get him happy and ready do get boosted experience points.

If you use those 2 tools with wisdom and have the patience to enjoy the game, maybe Grinding will not be necessary.

And there is more. I'm can't see the hour to go back to home and to keep playing the game.

Hint: Enter in all houses and talk to everyone some people will give you itens other will just talk. And some could be interested in trading pokémon. In the first gym city there is a person who is willing to trade a Pokémon that would be really GOOD to use in the first gym. For the X, the pokémon is from Gen 1, I don't know if is the same from the Y.
  19. Oct 13, 2013
    Great game, game freak took the experience to the next level while sticking to the games roots. A visually stunning game which is also just as adictive as its predecessors. The mega evolutions and fairy types are also a good addition to the game to make it much more strategic. 10/10
  20. Oct 13, 2013
    I aslo made an account just for the purpose of reviewing this game. I don't think I can adequately put into words just how incredible this game is. I've played pigeon since the beginning, but it took me a very long while to make the jump to the DS platform. Recently I decided I was going to purchase a 3ds xl and give the new generation a shot. I got my ds,a copy of black 2, and while the learning curve was interesting coming from the gb, gba gens, I actually liked it quite a bit. I still had reservations going into pokemon x and y. Well I am here to say, if you love pokemon and have been playing every new iteration, or are like me and want to jump back in and maybe get a little competitive, this game is worth it. So worth it, that I have gone out and made sure I picked up x as well. Expand
  21. Jan 18, 2014
    This game may be the pinnacle of handheld games because of its accessibility, depth, addictiveness, replayibility and fun gameplay. This game evolves the Pokémon formula in everyway and is a must have for any 3DS owner.
  22. Feb 16, 2014
    They've done a great job here updating this most conservative of games series. I'm still annoyed that you can't "catch em all" but at least the main draw for me, ie the adventure, is as good as ever
  23. Mar 21, 2014
    One of the best, if not the best, Pokemon games to date. I was pretty unimpressed by recent titles, with the exception of the amazing HeartGold and SoulSilver, but this game really delivers. There are so many Pokemon that even if you prefer the older generation(s) you will have no problem getting ahold of a really cool team of your favorites.

The game is very long even though it's only
    8 gyms. There is so much side content, it never seems to end. The Wonder Trade feature is an absolute blast!

Really just a huge improvement to the series with this game in almost every way.
  24. Aug 23, 2014
    I don't know, I really liked this game but... It's easier than other Pokemon games I guess. It gives you 2 starter Pokemon, you're leveling up your Pokemon easily before the Victory Road/Elite Four with lots of quests and OP experience share system. When you're reached the Victory Road, if you played game the way should be played, you should have an OP team. After playing Pokemon Y, Pokemon Black felt harder than it should be.

But I'm not saying "Game is easy, so it's a bad game.". Game is really great, I bought a 3DS for this game. It's easier, more playable and there are first generation Pokemon too. If you really love Pokemon, don't hesitate and buy it. If you like RPG games, buy it. It's a must buy game for 3DS and you will not regret buying it.
  25. May 2, 2014
    Very good, really! It has many brand-new features, such as Mega Evolution, Pokémon-Amie, Super Training, awesome graphics and 3D scenes and battles and 69 new Pokémon, however, to achieve the Ultimate Goal, to catch 'em all, you really get bored in about 200-250.
  26. Oct 23, 2013
    A very good start to a generation and does a much better job the B/W 1. One of the best pokemon games but I feel that Platinum, Emerald and B/W 2 were better.
  27. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is perfection. Just when you thought that Pokemon was over and losing its charm, they threw this at us and it has been something many have absolutely loved!
    When the game does lack things to do after you complete the game, since you no longer can call up friends like its predecessor. It surely makes up for it in graphics and beauty in this gorgeous game.
  28. Nov 2, 2013
    Librar tu primera batalla en esta entrega es como haberlo hecho por primera vez; los gráficos, sonidos, efectos y escenarios hacen de Pokémon Y una aventura totalmente renovada y con una esencia diferente. Las nuevas criaturas, el nuevo tipo hada, las mega-evoluciones, el efecto 3D, la jugabilidad en línea, el Friend Safari, el Super Entrenamiento y el Poké-Recreo logran hacer de esta entrega la evolución más grande en toda la serie no sólo por el potencial gráfico de la consola, sino por la gran cantidad de mejoras en su gameplay, y es que son tantas las innovaciones que es fácil no saber qué hacer durante tus primeros pasos por Kalos. Otra cuestión interesante es el ideal del equipo enemigo, que aunque un poco distorsionado, mal planteado y a veces incomprensible, nos hace reflexionar de la realidad del mundo actual en el que vivimos. Como puntos a restar están los lags al activar el efecto 3D, la pobre dificultad de los líderes de gimnasio, tus amigos/rivales, la elite four y la campeona, y algunos bugs muy graves. También es de considerar que el juego no tiene tanta jugabilidad pos-juego como Black/White 2.
    En conclusión estamos frente a la mejor generación de Pokémon, con personajes muy sólidos, diseños extraordinarios, grandes implementaciones al gameplay como lo son el tipo hada, las megaevoluciones y los ajustes en algunas habilidades que hacen al juego más competitivo y equilibrado. Si la saga sigue puliéndose podríamos estar cerca de jugar una verdadera obra maestra en las próximas entregas.
  29. Oct 13, 2013
    This is without a doubt the best Pokemon yet, and one of the best games ever. It's a completely new look for the franchise and it's for the better. Even people who only love Gen 1 will fall in love with Pokemon Y. Without a doubt Nintendo's best game ever. Overall, this game is a complete masterpiece.
  30. Jan 12, 2014
    Pokémon X and Y won't conform many who haven't fallen for the hype since day one, however, it's as stunning as the day the franchise first made its way into the hearts of everyone else who's been the opposite of a hater. Pros: The visuals aren't just an improvement, they're, as aforementioned, stunning and excellently executed; many, many new features such as Pokémon Amie, Super Training, character customization, and daily content help develop a deeper connection between players and their Pokémon; multiplayer value is also better than ever thanks to simplified access and Wondertrade; Pokémon from all gens make an appearance sometime or another; meeting Pikachu, Evee, the original starters, and Snorlax early in the game help create a nostalgic sense of familiarity that veterans and even newcomers alike will admire. Cons: The 3-D functionality isn't exemplified very often and when it is, frames-per-second run very, very slow very, very frequently; newer features such as Pokémon Amie and character customization, although adored, are limited; the storyline, stage designs, NPCs are flawed and/or forgettable; some newer features such as Mega Evolutions and "tipping" are virtually useless; too easy and a bit over-rewarding in terms of leveling up and making money. Expand
  31. Jan 15, 2014
    It is by far my favorite Pokemon game and got me truly interested in Pokémon. Even though there have been many Pokemon games I liked before this, this is by far my favorite (because I had to add more text).
  32. Oct 29, 2013
    This game was very well made and the characters are very lovable. The pokemon were also very nice looking as was the ending. Not going to say due to spoilers.
  33. Oct 21, 2013
    I have to say since the day that Pokemon X & Y came out there has not been a day go by where i've not played for a minimum of 3 hours. This game is on the next level, i love it, i love the fully realized 3d world that game freak have managed to create, battles are now also in 3d and Pokemon moves have more of a punch than ever.

Personally i do not play with the 3d feature on but that
    doesn't in anyway alter the gameplay for me, it great either way.

The content in Y is spread out superbly, i was playing the game for a couple of hours before i hit the first Gym, it was nice to explore the new areas without rushing, take in the scenery, smelling those roses, every aspect of the gameplay has been improved in this new generation, from the Pokemon's animations, music, save times, load times and online features, there is a strong social aspect to the game, trading and battling with other trainers online.
    As for the story, its your usual fill your Pokedex and stop a the bad guys bit.. Still doesn't detract from the fun though.

Pokemon fans will be pleased to know that Pokemon from all generations make an appearance in this title X & Y) and for me there is nothing more nostalgic than getting my hands on Pikachu, Blastoise, Bulbasaur and Charizard complete with Mega Evolution, a feature that allows you to evolve your Pokemon to an extra stage.

One of the features that makes me return each day is the "Wonder Trade" system, a feature that allows you to trade a Pokemon randomly with anyone playing the game on the internet, you never know what you might get, could be a lvl 1 starter Pokemon or a higher lvl mid-endgame Pokemon, this is accompanied with normal trade so you can see the Pokemon you and the person you're trading with are getting. All together good fun, and helpful in light that you "gotta catch em all"

This game is a must have for fans of the series and newcomers to the series, its a brilliant game jammed packed with content, there is always something to do.

My review would not be complete without a criticism, and that for me is the Pokedex system, this system organizes your Pokemon by region rather than them all being together, something I find irritating, on top of that you cannot tell whether or not you own a Pokemon you receive via trade unless you look through all of the Pokemon you own and spot a duplicate, this is annoying to me, its hard to keep all your Pokemon organized effectively. There needs to be a "Auto Sort" or a "Find duplicates" Feature. There is also never enough space in boxes for Pokemon, unless of course you pay for the online service "Pokemon Bank" a service provided in browser that offers you 3000 spaces at a cost of real money .

One more thing worth mention is the "game breaking bug" this bug (for some people) will not allow them to continue playing after saving in the main city, and renders the game useless, people report the game freezing up and once your 3DS has been restarted the issue persists. Articles can be found about this all over the web, Nintendo are aware and i assume a patch is incoming to fix this issue.

At conclusion though this game is brilliant and shouldn't be mistaken for a kids game, i'm 27 and not a huge fan of the Pokemon universe but the fact remains Pokefan or not, this is just a good game.

Go out and buy it now!
  34. Oct 23, 2013
    The best iteration in the whole series, thanks to many new features, online ease, wonderful visuals, and great exploration. Once the game is over there's not as many areas to explore as before, but you can still do a few side quests, hunt down ALOT of otherwise unobtainable rare pokemon in friend safari's, raise the ultimate Pokemon with much less frustration than before thanks to the wonderful new exp share, and most importantly, challenge the world easily through online battles. Expand
  35. Oct 31, 2013
    Magnífico! muito bom o jogo, muito melhor do que eu estava esperando... na minha opinião, as ultimas versões estavam fracas, com inovações ridículas, mas nesse novo pokémon estão ótimas, ótima jogabilidade, ótimo gráfico, ótima história e se encontra muitos pokémons da primeira geração, excelente!

------------

Magnificent! very good game, much better than I was expecting in my
    opinion, the latest versions were weak, with innovations ridiculous, but this new pokémon are great, great gameplay, great graphics, great story and finds many Pokémon from the first generation, excellent! Expand
  36. Cro
    Nov 2, 2013
    Great game amazing gameplay my only complaint is that 1. all of the gym leaders only have 3 pokemon. 2. Half of the gyms would look amazing in 3D which unfortunately they did not allow for it to be on outside of some battles. 3. The game overall feels to easy in my opinion and the new fairy type pokemon seem like twigs even though they null the dragon type attacks, it seems like you could poke them and they die. Expand
  37. Nov 6, 2013
    Pokemon Y is a stunning game for the 3DS. The way you interact is great. You can change clothes and more. New artwork. The characters are no longer look like pixels. Mega evolution changes your pokemon and make them stronger.
  38. Nov 9, 2013
    pokemon y is a Revelation for all pokemon cause it is the first 3d pokemon main serie game 3d game
    and it is the first time that you can customize your character anyways pokemon x and y are awesome games
  39. Nov 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. awesome awesome! this game has all pokemon generations pokemon and it is also on 3d!! best graphics ever!_____________________________________________ Expand
  40. Nov 19, 2013
    At first I was scared about the game being worse than anticipated, since I loved Black2 so much and thought it would be the best Pokémon game for a long time. However, this game proved me wrong, and I even like it more than Black2 to my surprise. The only bad thing I have against the game is the lag caused by battling, veeeery noticeable on 3VS3
  41. Nov 26, 2013
    A wonderful addition to the series that adds new twists and turns in its gameplay to the mix. My only complaint is that the story and post-game's a bit lacking. But overall, it didn't hinder my enjoyment much and this game still gave a lot of new things to offer.
  42. Dec 13, 2013
    I gave Pokemon X&Y 10 eventhough I should have rated it 8. 10 because the game transitioned very well and was able to create a visually beautiful Pokemon game. It has added a lot of gameplay elements but the best yet is it's online feature. My only disappointment was there is very few things to do, post-game. I wish there was an option for those who are not inclined in competitive battling like me for something else to do aside from breeding and training your perfect pokemon. Expand
  43. Dec 18, 2013
    I've never gotten so into a Pokemon game in my life! The addition of mega evolution was a good leap for a new generation, but disappointing to those of us who remember Digimon, who think it resembles digivolving a bit too much. The scale of the world makes exploring everything exciting and leaves tons of areas and puzzles for you to explore. Over all the best new Pokemon game yet.
  44. Dec 20, 2013
    This game is awesome. This game allows you to customize your character, pet your Pokemon, train it outside of battle, and even captured Pokemon give EXP, making this game slightly easier and more enjoyable even for people who are new to Pokemon.
  45. Dec 24, 2013
    Oh my god, this is truly the best Pokemon game to date. Game Freak put in so much that we've been dying for in Pokemon games for years. I recommend this game to everyone. Even if the Team plot feels a bit forced, it's still a blast to play. Lots of replay value, and it's miles better than Pokemon B/W and even the fantastic Pokemon Black 2 and White 2. 10 out of 10.
  46. Jan 6, 2014
    Welp, after receiving Pokemon Y as a Christmas gift, I finally beat the game on January 1, 2014 (1 down, 99 to go). Because of this, I am now coming forward with this review. Let me start off with this: Just....amazing. Pokemon Y is without a doubt the current epitome of the Pokemon franchise (don't worry Emerald, you're still #1).
    The game impressed more than I thought it would; I
    suppose you say it blew my expectations out of the water. The cutscenes were very well done actually in Pokemon Y (an improvement over the BW2 ones). Especially with the 3D visuals; those certainly appeared as nothing short of spectacular.
    Pokemon Y (along with X) came out with a total of 69 brand new pokemon (in addition to 3 possible rumored ones), which brought the overall total number of pokemon to 718. These included some favorites (ex. Greninja, Goomy, and Hawlucha), and others...not so much (ex. Klefki....). Regardless, the new installments seemed to have had a good variety of pokemon to choose from, given that many pokemon from previous generations were also available to catch (for example: my team consists of Chesnaught, Pidgeot, Blaziken, Blastoise, Hawlucha, and Lucario; don't judge me, I make the "fighting-type" overload work).
    Another thing, Mega Evolutions are extremely powerful. Ain't no stopping you if you got the mega evos (if you what I mean). Seriously, the only 2 NPCs that managed to beat me AFTER I had control of "Mega Evolution" (I mainly cycled between Lucario, Blaziken, and Blastoise) were Siebold and Diantha (both of the Pokemon League).
    Anyways, the story (I won't spoil, don't worry) was alright too. I will admit that the story wasn't as great as the one of the Black/White versions, I could relate to Y's story pretty well (especially when I seemed to be a complete jacka** to the NPCs in the game). Also, I don't think that the Team Flare boss was "one-dimensional" by any means.
    I also liked that there was a plethora of Internet references thrown in there, including:

IT'S OVER 9000!
    My Body is Ready
    The Power Rangers
    Youngster Joey
    "Meow, Meow, I can haz cheezburger, Meow?"
    -and more.
    The Verdict

Pokemon Y is a wonderful addition to the franchise, and should not be overlooked. I'd definitely recommend the game to any RPG fan, Pokemon fan, or any owner of a Nintendo 3DS.
  47. Jan 8, 2014
    As a die hard fan of this series, this game did not disappoint. The new and refined gameplay makes the series feel new again and the huge amount of Pokemon you can find just adds to the fun. The soundtrack is very memorable and the story is suprisingly dark. However, the new Pokemon amount is very few (70? come on) and the game after the main story is rather lacking. But with so many Pokemon to catch and train, i honestly think that this is not the issue. One of the best games on the 3DS and definitely earns a spot on your library. Expand
  48. Feb 21, 2014
    I have not owned a Pokemon game in some time and when this came out I got it to see what had happened to Pokemon while I have been away, and I am glad I did with new Pokemon that are quite good story is quite like the others. The 3D part of it is good and I loved the time I spent with it, you should really give this Pokemon a go, you will not be sorry
  49. Jan 12, 2014
    This game is pure genius by Nintendo. A fantastic art style with the 3D battling working perfectly. So many new features to enhance the strategy elements of the game and a surprisingly deep plot. Not to mention the numerous references to the classic games.
  50. Jan 20, 2014
    This game is a great addition to the Nintendo 3DS. While there are less Pokemon than in previous titles,and the 3D mode lowers frame rate,this is an amazing game many should plat at least once.
  51. Jan 26, 2014
    No game is perfect, but this game was great! i love mega evolving my amphoros, he looks awesome with hair. i thought the exp. share was overpowered, but if you really dont like it turn it off. Easiest game in the series, only took me 2 days to beat, but there is plenty to do afterwards.
  52. Mar 7, 2014
    GameFreak borderline nailed Pokemon X and Y. To the soundtrack, the game-play, graphics, innovations and new changes and even the region plus Pokemon and yes only 70 new kinds of Pokemon however Quality over Quantity. Almost every aspect of X and Y has been nailed. However a couple of flaws are present: One is the Mega Evolutions, they kick ass, however they are broken, I have been swept by just one mega Mawile. Two the Post-Game is very lacking compared to BW2. With only 3 legendaries to catch makes it boring after that is done and finally the game is a step down in difficulty too. With mega Evos, the EXP share and just move choices on some Pokemon are just pathetic. Overall Pokemon X and Y are brilliantly made games and it's justified that it took almost 3 years to be made with over 500 staff working on it. Expand
  53. Mar 6, 2014
    Pokemon breaks the law of diminishing returns. And it always returns! The franchise hasn't necessarily evolved (Michael uses "pun intended"! It's not very effective...), but it has changed cosmetically over the years. X and Y introduce a new type of Pokemon (Fairy), a new battle feature: Mega-Evolution (now Pokemon can go Super-Saiyan too), Pokemon-Amie (pet your pets a la Nintendogs), Friend Safari (can I have your Friend-code?!), the PSS (an easy way to trade with other players), and a small smattering of new Pokemon, making this the most stream-lined and surprise-packed addition to the Pokemon series in years. If you've ever played a Pokemon game, you know what you're getting into when you pick this up, but the new features and the updated graphics make it really hard to put back down. Expand
  54. Feb 24, 2014
    The absolute Pokemon experience. Imagine whatever you ever desired from a Pokemon game. This title has it and MUCH more. A beautiful world all in 3D, amazing battle effects, customizable main character, online trades and battles (simpler and easier than you could have ever hoped), Super Training, Pokemon Amie and a dozen other features that I can't even remember to mention. Parent or child there are very few other games out there that can give you so much value for 50 $. The 3DS has a big list of great titles and this game sits at the top places of that list. Expand
  55. Feb 26, 2014
    Pokemon Y is easily one of the best games in the franchise, with a new 3D twist to a classic game. Everything in this game seems like it has been custom built form the ground up, probably because it has. Custom 3D models for every Pokemon, and custom animations for certain moves for certain Pokemon. This is most likely the most detailed Pokemon game every created. The classic sprite oriented 2D world transitioned perfectly into a 3D world. The NPCs actually move around, and the cities actually feel alive compared to cities in previous games. This game follows the same standard Pokemon formula. You choose a started that is either grass, water, or fire. Then you travel around the region challenging all the Gyms, and having to deal with the evil team that is always trying to do something evil. In this game, that team is Team Flare. A group of people focused on creating a perfect, beautiful world. No matter what the cost. Although the main story in this game is shorter than the others, it is still enjoyable and loads of fun to play through. And I think that the completely redesigned game world and redesigned gamely completely makes up for the lack of some story. The new region, the Kalos region is one of my favourites, second to the Sinnoh region. It consists of three main areas, central, costal, and mountain Kalos. Each different section of the region is diverse from the others in its own way. People in the central sector seem to be more consumerist. With cafes, stores, and places to shop taking up almost every street. Costal Kalos seems tone more laid back, and smarter. This is where the research senators are, and its also a hot spot for swimming and surfing. People living in the mountain Kalos region seem to be very focused on becoming strong trainers, more so than people in the other two thirds of the region. All together, Pokemon Y is a huge step in the right direction for the franchise. Bringing with it an entirely new graphical approach to the game, soma awesome new features, and of course, a plethora of new Pokemon. As the first game in generation VI, it makes me hopeful for that else this generation, and future gens have in store for us. Expand
  56. Mar 22, 2014
    This game is one of my favorite 3ds games, It puts the 3d effect to good use and I like the new game mechanics. I haven't been playing Pokemon that long as some people have but I'm glad I got into this franchise when I did. Fun game
  57. Apr 12, 2014
    This game is so amazing it is unbeliveable the graphics are leaps and bounds ahead of its predecessors, and it comes with heaps of new features, far too many to go into. if you have ever played Pokemon, this game is a must buy
  58. Apr 22, 2014
    By far the best Pokemon title so far. The pokemon now look great as 3d models, instead of the sprites in previous games. The new pokemon include some great creatures and a lot of previous pokemon are obtainable too, thanks, partly, to the global trade station, allowing players to trade pokemon with anyone in the world. Anyone who has enjoyed any previous generation will love this game and it is also great for new players too. Expand
  59. May 20, 2014
    The graphics are stunning, filling up the pokedex is very challenging, and the online capabilities(battling and trading) has never been more inviting.
    It is a must own for 3ds
  60. Jun 16, 2014
    It's Pokémon. It's perfect. Play this game even if you have to literally steal a 3DS and the game. A perfectly realized world that's immersive and tactical. There's near endless replay value and a slew of new Pokémon that make the game better overall. You owe it to yourself to plan this game. If you've never played a Pokémon game before, this is the perfect gateway drug (I mean game).
  61. May 27, 2014
    The game is almost perfect for pokemon wi-fi battles!!! It have a frame rate so poorly and the 3d effect is so lame... I'd like the pokemon has fewer polygon to make the game in full 3d
  62. Jul 2, 2014
    Pokémon X y Pokémon Y se convierten en las entregas más innovadoras y completas de la saga sirviendo como enlace para futuras entregas en la portátil 3DS de Nintendo. A nivel gráfico desprenden una calidad abrumadora convirtiéndolo en uno de los imprescindibles del catálogo avanzando a pasos de gigante en el universo Pokémon. Ofrecernos un amplio abanico de captura desde el comienzo, el lavado de cara muy importante, poseer la región más grande y tener una historia convincente llena de sorpresas le convierten, quizá, en lo mejor hasta la fecha de la propia saga.

Gráficos: 85
    Sonido: 90
    Jugabilidad: 95
    Modos de juego: 90
    Nota: 90
  63. Jul 10, 2014
    If you ever liked Pokemon, or have an interest in RPG's then this is one gem you should not miss.

A complete update to the previous generation. Pokemon Y is the biggest leap forward for the series since it went to colour. The story is actually good for once, the combat is visually pleasant, there are hundreds of pokemon to capture and raise, a few hours in, and your team will be
    different from your friends thanks to the variety of pokemon to capture early on.

The options that make the game to easy, such as exp share, and Battle style can be switched off. Character customisation makes you feel more attached to your character then ever.

In closing, this game has the polish and play time you rarely see these days, and will give you, like myself, hundreds of hours of entertainment.
  64. Jul 23, 2014
    One of the single best games I've ever played. Engaging, fun, beautiful, and is considered by some, including me, to be the turn for pokemon games that will bring them to even higher standards in the future. So much content for your money, although I wish there were a way to get your pokemon from older generations to your current game without paying extra. Also, the pokemon themselves are some of my favorites from any of the generations, and so many are great in their own ways. And, if you haven't heard yet, there's a new type introduced... Expand
  65. Aug 4, 2014
    What did you expect? The story is short, the enemy team is a joke, the plot is too cliché and the dificulty has fallen down gretly, making this game a departure form Black and White and B/W 2. But, in the other hand the game is more directed towards competitive gaming and that is vital in Super Training and in the more options towards playing with people all around the world, and I have a soft spot for Pokémon and the competitive. Expand

1. Mar 11, 2014
    The definitive version of the game, but some evolution would be nice. [Dec 2013]
  2. 3D Visuals transformed the classic Pokemon approach in a good way. Online capabilities are top notch, this new generation will really make Pokemon fans happy.
  3. Dec 13, 2013
    The best Pokemon game since Gold and Silver. It’s worth buying a 3DS. [13/2013, p.76]