Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask 3DS

8.2

1. Sep 28, 2014
    Some of the puzzles on this game were quite interesting, but however I just didn't feel it. I got bored of the game almost TOO quickly, but it was a simple puzzle game, what else was I expecting?
    Bit of a disappointment to be honest.
  2. May 13, 2014
    The game is stylus intense game and boring for me. The story is dramatic and full if puzzle games ,if you want to experience a good story , go and watch some epic anime.....This is my personal opinion , the game is not worthy for its price , its design seem to be like an erotic game........Really not my favorite game at all time , I might think brain age is much better than this game (forThe game is stylus intense game and boring for me. The story is dramatic and full if puzzle games ,if you want to experience a good story , go and watch some epic anime.....This is my personal opinion , the game is not worthy for its price , its design seem to be like an erotic game........Really not my favorite game at all time , I might think brain age is much better than this game (for brain challenging). Great music of course , but the story cannot engage me to play until the end of game , I have to tire myself to finish the game for writing the review.
    CONCLUSION IS:
    -Dramatic but not engaging story
    -Great music and puzzles but totally not suitable for those lazy to do the puzzles
    -Stylus intense game might damage your screen protector (based on your using style)
    -3.5 star sound cast for me....
    -A lot of contents but not my cup of tea
    -The game is not flexible
    -Some anime could provide a much better story than this game.....other than the story , the puzzles is boring to me, if the main story cannot attract you (puzzles too) than it may be a great waste.....
    -So, i would not recommend this game for someone who never play the series before
  3. Sep 11, 2014
    The game doesn't let you save all the time and if you mess up a puzzle you will get less points. If you want to complete it 100% you sometimes have to cheat cause your save is so far away, hope you forget the puzzle and try it again later, when you can enjoy it without the fear of losing points. If there were no points to pressure me it would be a lot better. Also there is one puzzle youThe game doesn't let you save all the time and if you mess up a puzzle you will get less points. If you want to complete it 100% you sometimes have to cheat cause your save is so far away, hope you forget the puzzle and try it again later, when you can enjoy it without the fear of losing points. If there were no points to pressure me it would be a lot better. Also there is one puzzle you can mess 15times and then it'll let you trough out of pity without ever hinting anything first. Expand
  4. Jul 15, 2014
    Overall, Miracle Mask is another charming addition to the Layton series. The music is spectacular and the puzzles, as usual, mind-bending. It's safe to say that the transition to 3DS has, if anything, made the Professor Layton experience a little more special. The scenery is stunning, and exploration is made even easier with the addition of magnifying glass tool.
    However, when put up
    However, when put up against its predecessors, I have to say the story was a little slow-paced and too predictable for my liking. If you've never liked Professor Layton, then this game definitely will not change your mind, as its core principles remain unchanged. Also, If you've never played a Layton game before, I would say do not make this your first, as its narrative has nothing on those of the original 3 games!
  5. Nov 24, 2012
    You'll never get tired of playing puzzles everyday with this puzzle game! It's like a big collection of puzzle for 40 dollars. And if it's not enough, you can download a puzzle everyday for a year! However, there's only 20 different kinds of these puzzles. But they will be a easy one and a tough one! It depends on the difficulty bar. One colored bar means it's really easy, and five coloredYou'll never get tired of playing puzzles everyday with this puzzle game! It's like a big collection of puzzle for 40 dollars. And if it's not enough, you can download a puzzle everyday for a year! However, there's only 20 different kinds of these puzzles. But they will be a easy one and a tough one! It depends on the difficulty bar. One colored bar means it's really easy, and five colored bars means it's really hard. There are also bonus features like every other Professor Layton games. You will also hear a story from Layton form the past. It's really fun and you should try it. Get your puzzles on today! Collapse

1. Jan 10, 2014
    Whilst not performing any great new feats, The Miracle Mask is a solid first 3DS addition to the Layton franchise.
  2. Hyper Magazine
    Dec 17, 2012
    A sweet, good-natured puzzler that continues the series' traditions with some great new elements, too. [Jan 2013, p.69]
  3. Dec 16, 2012
    The Layton series' formulaic approach to gameplay is a double-edged sword – it's still engaging and fun, but at the same time, the premise has begun to show some weathering. Still, the mix of point-and-click adventure and logic puzzles is something that few other games can offer, and Miracle Mask still does it well. For anyone who is deeply invested in the Layton series and jumps at any chance to experience a new Layton game, Miracle Mask is not a game to be missed.