• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Mar 22, 2011
6.0

1. Sep 17, 2013
    remaking the same game for consoles later.

not innovated much Rayman 3D because it is clear that Rayman 3D is a republication of Rayman 2 The Great Escape, the only inovasion I see is just the 3D effect in the game, you can play simplemnte Rayman 2 The great escape in other alternate versions as the NDS, PS2, N64 and others.
  2. Mar 27, 2013
    This game was nothing special. The game is just another lazy remake with little use of the 3D effects. I think the game now is only about 10 pounds which what it should have been from the start. Its hard to believe that this game was once over 30 pounds.
  3. Jan 5, 2013
    Mediocre at best. The characters are plain stupid, the 3D hurts (I never actually have problems with that) and it's just Ubisoft being plain lazy. Get the brilliant Rayman Origins instead!
  4. Dec 23, 2012
    Ugh. What a mess. The original game is a fun 3D platformer with a jungle-theme that is implemented well. If possible, find the original game, because the 3DS port is messy and sloppy.
  5. Dec 26, 2011
    The New 3D And Portability Of This Game Is Quite Good, But There's Nothing Really New Here. Though It's Still A Good Game! Though I Think It's Best For You To Decide Whether You Should Get It Or Not.
  6. Oct 9, 2011
    Rayman 3D is well Rayman 2. The question that needs to be asked is if this can be called the definitive version. While Rayman 3D has a neat 3D effect and works really great with the button set not much sets it apart from it's predecessors and this doesn't mean the game is a complete traversty because Rayman 2 was a fantastic game for it's time and still is. However the aging visuals and the aging gameplay mechanics kept here cannot be forgiven. Rayman 3D doesn't fix any of the problems of it's predecessors but keeps them exactly intact. The Camera angles are awful, some of the game like camera control should have been implemented on to a basically useless bottom screen within this game. Rayman 2 is a classic however this port of a classic merely adds a 3D tint.

Graphics: 5/6
    Presentation: 5/6
    Gameplay:6/7
    Longevity: 6
  7. May 25, 2011
    If you own or have played Rayman: The Great Escape, don't bother checking this one out; it's basically a port of the N64 classic. Charming characters and a neat story make this a nice way to introduce players to the Rayman series if they don't own an N64 or Dreamcast.
  8. Mar 27, 2011
    This is a wonderful game, one of the best 3d platformers of all time. In my opinion the 3D is well done and adds a lot to the experience (it gives you a better perception of space).
    However there are a few problems in this port: the sound isn't mixed well (remember to put down the music volume in the options) and at times the framerate is not as high as it should be, but nothing to worry
    about.
    Buy it if you like old school games.
  9. JET
    Mar 26, 2011
    This game is amazing! Its a lot like crash bandicoot and if you didn't play this game the first time around you should get it! Even if you have played it before it is still amazing for the 3D effects!
  10. Mar 26, 2011
    This game is brilliant! Its a solid platformer and is a great showcase for the 3DS 3D effects. I picked it up at launch with my 3DS and is definatly the best game to get!
  11. Mar 25, 2011
    Not much to say beyond this is the same Rayman 2 we all know and love. Personally i believe it has aged far better than the likes of Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie, but I suppose that is merely my own opinion. Whether it is the definitive version of Rayman 2 is debatable. With graphics on par with Rayman Revolution on the PS2 minus the new features Revolution added. It is up to you whether you prefer more features or the ability to play Rayman 2 in what is an adequate use of 3D. All in all this is easily still my favorite platformer from 3 generations ago and it has aged a lot better than some critics may think. Expand
  12. Mar 25, 2011
    This game is a fun platformer and a great introduction to the 3D capabilitiesof the 3DS. I picked it up on launch day along with my 3DS and haven't completed it yet but up to now its awesome. :D

1. Jun 12, 2011
    A lack of true performance tweaking and additions makes this a rather hard sell on the 3DS, but it's certainly not the worst version of the game out there.
  2. May 24, 2011
    Overall, Rayman 3D is a competent platformer but it's sinfully old. Rather than sprucing it up and developing a truly great re-release, Ubisoft was happy to repackage ancient materials and ship them as new content. If you've played the game already there is very little reason to redo it on the Nintendo 3DS. If you haven't played the original, it's likely too old to be worth your time. However, if playing tragically outdated platformers with more back story than you'll know what to do with is what you're after, Rayman 3DS is your game.
  3. May 10, 2011
    Rayman 3D is still an enjoyable, but short platformer. Nevertheless, you don't really recognize changes to prior Rayman games and the 3DS support.