8.6

1. Feb 10, 2012
    Excellent game. Great job made by Capcom. The best graphics on 3DS, great story and beautiful soundtrack. A must have sure!. A game that recovers things that RE 5 minimized... You will love this game, ;)
  2. Feb 7, 2012
    AMAZING. Must Buy. Awesome story, graphics sounds, all that stuff. Plus if your still not sure, there's a free, yep i wrote it, free demo. So try it, if you like it then buy it, but if you don't like it don't. Im not going to be one of those annoying people who tells everyone to buy a games even if they hate it. HA!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Mar 15, 2012
    I bought this a few days ago and can't put it down. I've already reached the halfway point. The graphics are unbelievable, the animations are smooth, the enemies and environments have lots of personality and variation. Raid mode is also a blast. If you are looking for a good 3DS title, a good survival horror game, or something to make you a no-life, this is it. This game is easily a system seller. If you are saving up for a 3DS and one game to buy with it, make it this one, you won't be disappointed. The only minor setbacks this game has are some framerate drops during times when a new area is loading and like most Resident Evil games the dialogue and story are both ridiculous. If those things don't bother you, pick this one up ASAP. Expand
  4. Feb 14, 2012
    The game is a definite return to form for the entire series. Everyone who was disappointed with the direction RE5 took (or RE4 for that matter) will want to check this out: it successfully mixes the memorable claustrophobic environments of the older games with the playability of the action entries and never gets boring for a single moment. The game has the best graphics you'll be seeing on the 3DS for quite a while, the music is nothing short of excellent, and the story will keep you guessing until the last chapter. And once you're finished with the main campaign, you'll have Raid Mode to become addicted to. Expand
  5. Mar 20, 2012
    I normally don't appreciate people who give a perfect score to a video game, because I feel like they're lying to themselves. But Resident Evil Revelations really does deserve a perfect 10 out of 10. Capcom has finally found the perfect balance between action and horror, something that was severely lacking in Res 5. Revelations definitely has the creepiness factor that was present in the early additions to the series, it even got me to jump at a few points in the game. The only fault the game has is that it gets a bit glitchy at some points in the game, but it really isn't that big of deal. Revelations looks great, even in 3D, and in my opinion takes the crown for the best game on the 3DS. Expand
  6. Feb 15, 2012
    Resident Evil Revelations brings back classic control and puzzle solving we came to know and love in the series. The graphics are the best I have seen on a 3DS. The story is very well done, and much longer than I expected on the 3DS. This is a must have for this system.
  7. Feb 15, 2012
    By far the best reason to own a 3DS right now. So addictive and fun. Looks amazing and combines the qualities of Resident Evil 4 with the classics and a sprinkle of RE:5. Not only can you take it anywhere, but it is the best Resident Evil game to date. Lots of scares, bonus content, and even rewards for street passing, you don't want to miss out on this fantastic example of Capcom's best series.
  8. Feb 7, 2012
    Just reached episode 4. Im happy to report that so far i have loved every aspect of the game. Resident evil has never controlled better, and this is on a portable gaming system!I It seems as if Capcom have put alot of thought into the control layout and it really shines through.
  9. Feb 14, 2012
    An impressive 3DS title. Actually it is probably the best 3DS game you can purchase. The controls are fluid and fairly responsive even if you don't have the circle pad pro attachment that Nintendo and GameStop were trying to sell with it. The game does a good job bringing out the survival horror element that Resident Evil was famous for. I found myself on more than on occasion being startled and frightened by monsters randomly appearing from various areas of the cruise ship where the game is set. A couple of down sides though is that sometimes the game takes forever to load which the developers tried to mask with the doors opening or elevator sequences. Also they added a couple of characters that really added nothing to the series or the game... But overall the graphics are amazing and the game is a ton of fun! A real treat for RE fans and 3DS owners! Expand
  10. Feb 7, 2012
    Been playing the game for a week now, finished the campaign on normal and played lots of raid mode, and I have to say, this game is awesome. The only negative thing I encountered so far are heavy frame rate drops when you are in the dedicated loading rooms, such as elevators and other small rooms. But nothing happens in this rooms anyway and all the other parts run really smooth. Graphic, sound, game play is amazing, especially with the circle pad. The 3D effect is astonishing, especially cranked all the way up in the options menu. Story is very cliché and predictable but solid all around. The campaign on hell mode and the later stages of raid mode are also very challenging and there are lots of things to unlock. This game is just worth its money. If you're waiting for a better survival horror game on a handheld, well good luck on that, might take a while. Expand
  11. Feb 12, 2012
    Worth Every Cent of your money, This game fixes all the problems RE5 did wrong. The game is simply beautiful and one of the best 3ds and handheld looking games to date. The campaign lasts around 9 hours, but do not fear the online mode will keep you playing for quite some time.
  12. Feb 7, 2012
    Resident evil revelations is the game that shows off the power of the 3ds with great graphics. The story is really good and I like the way they told it in episodes with a cliff hanger at the end of each episode. It mixes action with survival horror, the action segments are pretty good but the game shines with the survival sections with some generally frightening bits. This game is a must have for the 3ds. Expand
  13. Feb 12, 2012
    This games is awesome!!! There are the action parts and the old terror parts with our beloved heroine Jill Valentine. The graphics are amazing and is near impossible to believe that is a portable video-game! Anyone who like RE MUST play Revelations. And who never tried, it´s the time.
  14. Feb 7, 2012
    The controls are fantastic with the circle pad, without they're manageable. The visuals are truly superb as well. Feels like the first seriously made game for the Nintendo 3DS.
  15. Mar 13, 2012
    The best game available for 3DS. The graphics are as good (or maybe even better) as on a Wii. This is the second RE game I played (Mercenaries 3D was the first one) and I'm surely becoming a fan of it. The soundtrack is epic, campaign is great and so is co-op mode. I enjoyed every single minute of it!
  16. Feb 13, 2012
    Really awesome game, definitely the best 3DS game out there. However, some of you might not find it scary as its said it is. I literally did not get scared until chapter 4 and after that, the game failed to scare me again. Also, it seems that after half of the game, the game completely switches direction, going more to action than anything so if you were hoping the game would be completely horror, sorry. Still an awesome experience. Expand
  17. Feb 19, 2012
    I just finished the campaign and I must say Resident Evil Revelations is the spiritual successor to Resident Evil 4. It took the frights and action from 4 and provided a somewhat easier to work with control scheme. (Note: Circle Pad Pro made the gameplay night and day better!). The episodic nature of the game was perfect for playing on a handheld, and the story did not suffer for it.
  18. Feb 26, 2012
    Resident Evil: Revelations is just plain out AMAZING. I was never really into gun games, except Halo, but this game is one of my only exceptions. This game is also filled with suspense that makes me jump sometimes lol. The storyline in this game is by far the best storyline in a game ever. I also want to clarify having the Circle Pad Pro makes the controls a bit easier, but I don't use it and have made extremely good progress. If you don't have it... GET IT! Best $40.00 I have ever spent :) Expand
  19. Mar 1, 2012
    I cannot begin to describe how epic this game is.

I was reluctant to purchase this game. The last Resident Evil I owned was Resident Evil 4. I didn't really like the direction that the series had taken; Resident Evil 2 was my favorite game in the series, and I preferred the old school presentation and control of all the Resident Evils that came before 4.

However, after the way everyone
    was raving about this game, I decided to take a chance. I was at gamestop with $45 in my pocket, and it wasn't easy to take that chance. I wanted to spend that money on other things, but I said to myself, "No, I will take a chance."

I had played the demo and it was good. But it did not compare nor did it prepare me for what was about to be unleashed upon me. I got home and was hesitant to even remove the shrink wrap. I went online and read some last second reviews. I liked what I heard, and decided to take a chance.

I. am. so. glad. I. did.

I remember taking the little pairing knife out of the drawer and removing the shrink wrap; opening up the case; popping out the 3DS game; putting it into my 3DS; OH MY!!!

This game looks like an Xbox 360 game. I am not being kind to it. Let me say it again.

It looks like an Xbox 360 game. It does. Period. And that is with the 3D off. Turn it on, and it is one of the best looking games that I have seen, and I also game on a PC with dual 6970s, just so you know.

And the gameplay? It is an absolute blast to play. It has 3 different control methods. With one, you move and turn, and hold the shoulder button to strafe. With another, you move and strafe and press a button to turn. And with the third, you can move with the left stick but control the camera and aim with the face buttons. I actually prefer the latter, and it controls even better with the circle pad pro - but guess what? You don't need it, at least not the way you did for MGS 3D. The game plays fine without it.

This game looks amazing.

This game plays amazing.

This game is hard.

This game is fun.

This game is an epic, once in lifetime masterpiece.

I am shocked that is hasn't gotten 10's across the board.

11/10.
  20. Apr 1, 2012
    A great game, both the story and the raid mode are awesome! U won't be regret !!!

Graphic is good, music is intense. For me, Jill and Chris are all I need, plus G36 assault rifle, this game just double my pleasure.
  21. Feb 8, 2012
    The best Resident Evil game since RE 4. It is a true survival horror game. This is a reason to buy a 3ds. Give me more games like this on the Nintendo 3ds
  22. Apr 2, 2012
    A very joyful classic RE experience delivered to your handheld. A benchmark in graphics, story, gameplay, sound for other 3DS and portable developers. Hopefully a lesson is learnt by Capcom that people still love horror games and hopefully RE6 isn't CoD like. This one is a must-have for any 3DS owner.
  23. Apr 19, 2012
    A decent addition to the Resident Evil franchise that seems to go back to it's roots (RE 1 and 2) in that it's holding true to the claustrophobic, tense and eerie atmosphere. Capcom did a wonderful job. there ARE some criticisms, however... the control scheme of the game is a little tricky on it's own and it is highly recommended that if you get this game, get the circle-pad-pro for it as well as that will certainly make the game that much easier to control. graphics are stunning, voice-acting feels genuine and doesn't feel forced. the fact that you play through from different perspectives to get different points of the story is clever and works well.

it isn't a perfect game but it comes very, very close.
  24. Feb 20, 2012
    This game has everything you could hope for. A reasonably long campaign, a New Game+ option and an additional difficulty once you beat it, a separate raid mode that allows coop play both locally and online, a reasonably good story, suspense, dark and scary (well, depends on you) corridors, lots of discoverables, a variety of weapon upgrades, good boss fights, really good controls (even without the extra circle pad), and some of the best graphics available in any 3DS game. Maybe the first must-have 3DS title that wasn't made by Nintendo itself. Collapse
  25. Feb 20, 2012
    I am a big RE fan since its PS1 days, having played most of its installments across different systems. After the relatively disappointing RE5, I am surprised at how much Revelations freak me out. Great atmosphere and music, and believe it or not, greatly improved controls which were inherited from Mercenaries 3D! Each missions are also designed to allow for portable play, with numerous checkpoints. If you have a 3DS, then you should buy this game. It's a must have! Expand
  26. Feb 26, 2012
    Finally Resident Evil returns to its roots again authentic survival horror with ZOMBIES! the game has a great scary atmosphere and a great location for a RE game with dark places and corridors and places that look similar to the mansion from the original RE so the level desing is really well made and the booses are very cool, the main campaing takes place in a luxury ship cruise called the queen zenobia were you control Jill valentaine in search for Chris Redfield and you must travel around the ship infested with zombies, some puzzles like in the original games and being scared sometimes the campaing has 12 episodes divided in 2 parts each so is a long game the campaing took me 10-12 hours so its a fairly long game.
    The gameplay mechanics are the sames as RE 4 and 5 in a 3rd person camera for moving and for shooting you can go into a 1rst person mode or 3rd person mode (you can choose the shooting camera in the options menu ) but 2 thing were added: unlike RE 4 and 5 now you can move when aiming by holding the L-button but when walking and aiming you can´t move your gun aming laser, that can be fixed with a circle pad pro but that accsesroy is not required to play the game but it can make the gameplay a little more confortable.
    The second addition is doge, when a enemy is about to attack by moving the circle pad up or down + B you can doge the enemy attack and counter-attack this is a very helpful tactic and will help you to save up herbs and make your way around the enemies.
    The only thing I didn´t like about the game is that sometimes you play some missions that are fillers with characters that you don´t care about and had no charm whatsoever.
    The other thing that may don´t like you is that some missions are action based like RE5 when you simply need to go from start to finish, actually these missions are not bad (exept for the fillers ones) but if you wanted a 100% horror game that´s not the case but the good news is that the campaing focuses in mayor part in the horror aspects so is a 70% of horror and 30% of action gameplay.
    there´s also a Raid mode witch is basicly Mercenaries without a time limit were you need to get to the end of the level killing evereything in your path is a fun mode that can be played on line and will add more replay value and a archivement system that serves to unlock weapons outfits and some other things. In conclusion I can say that this is the best 3DS game to date the graphics are really good and the 3d effect is pretty cool, the game is worth buying especially for RE fans that wanted another horror game in the series but with some fillers and action based missions I give it a 9/10.
  27. Mar 6, 2012
    A phenomenal game. It will make you feel scared, feel powerful, then feel powerless. It will make you cry. It will make you happy. It has everything that makes a good game good. Revelations takes the horror elements of RE4 and the action of RE5 and beautifully mixes them into what arguably may be the best RE game to date. This game alone is a reason to buy a 3ds.
  28. Feb 20, 2012
    Resident Evil: Revelations proves that the 3DS can have great looking games. The graphics are better than I thought the 3DS could handle, and the 3D effect makes it look even better. The details are great too. You can shoot a zombie's arm and it will go limp and swing around, and you can shoot their leg and they will fall down and start to crawl. Resident Evil: Revelations is a full game and will keep you playing for hours. Expand
  29. Feb 29, 2012
    I just don't know how some reviewers can bash on this game. It's like we were playing two totally different games.

Basically this game is a must-buy. You can get 100 hours worth of gameplay in this title. Definite instant buy.
  30. Mar 5, 2012
    RER have a perfect balace between action and terror. A graphical impressive and very well set paragraph. It manages brilliantly with the second jostick and your mode online is equal of well that your mode in solitary. I want another RE in 3DS already!
  31. Mar 23, 2012
    Story is brilliant with twists around every corner. Gameplay is fun, I personally use ABXY to aim but you can use traditional controls if you wish. Environments are incredibly varied considering the nature of the genre. There aren't any real scares in this game, but a few shocks can be expected. The online mode extends replayability quite a bit, and the unlockable "hell mode" will keep you on your toes. This game is worth every penny. Expand
  32. Apr 1, 2012
    Revelations is an outstanding game. It's an classic Resident Evil game. Best graphic on 3DS, terrorize music and great characters (Jill and Chris). If u are a RE series fan, u can't miss this one. If u are not, it's still a great game worth trying.
  33. Apr 17, 2012
    This game is spectacular. It is a combination of the old and new of resident evil and if you give it a chance you will absolutely love it. Well worth every penny!
  34. Apr 25, 2012
    this game is great! the graphics are incredible! the gameplay is solid, the sound is pretty good too, there are a lot of unlockable content even after you finish the game, capcom did a great job, 10/10 for me :)
  35. Feb 15, 2012
    Revelations is proof that Capcom did not forget the good old terror. Despite a few flaws, it is the game that fans of the saga were asking since 2005, when Resident Evil 4 arrived at stores to completely changing the franchise. Turn off the lights, put the headphones and get ready to be terrorized once again.
  36. Mar 10, 2012
    Didn't expect it to be this good. Most surprisingly was the main campaign being around 10 hours, which is much more than the average console titles this generation. Amazed by the overall performance and graphics for a handheld. You can really see this was a passionate project made by a smaller team at Capcom, trying to do some new things with the franchise and add some horror-elements too (which RE 5 didn't had). No zombies are in the game, but at least they're not shooting like RE5. The enemies are random mutated monsters caused by a new virus. I'm also surprised by the online mode, called Raid Mode. No co-op mode that got RE5 ruined, but some kind of Horde mode while walking through the levels from the campaign. There are no story or cutscenes, just walking through the levels and killing monsters with your partner. You can level up until level 50, meanwhile you gain much kind of weapons, upgrades and money to buy stuff in the store and getting better. a good alternative if you want to play something else than the campaign. Expand
  37. Oct 3, 2012
    Nada que decir un juego simplemente bueno, un juego que coge lo bueno de resident evil 4 y de el suspenso de la vieja escuela, lastima que sea solo para 3ds pero aun así un amigo me lo facilito y me lo pase como un enano me encanto la verdad un gran juego que ningún poseedor de 3DS se lo debe perder, si quieres un resident evil como los clásicos esta es tu oportunidad..
  38. Mar 23, 2012
    The main attractive of this game are its obvious superb graphics, amazing music, great 3D and cool story (Sometimes you don't know if you are playing a portable game!)... It campaign mode could be kinda short, but still an amazing experience, and replayable as the other RE games!... The Raid mode is a great addition, it is very fun (Sometimes not as fun or replayable as mercenaries, though) and the online mode and missions increase significantly it replay... I just would liked a voice chat.... But overall is a magnificent experience! Expand
  39. Feb 16, 2012
    Resident evil revelations is a return to the original series style with classic resi controls or new 1st person shooter controls the choice is yours. you can also use the 3ds add on circle pad pro for the ultimate shooter experience. My choice is the classic control as it adds to the overall feeling of playing a true resi game. revelations keeps you short on ammo and health which adds to the tension along with the music and graphics. revelations is the best resi title since resi 4. With the co op raid mode which can also be played solo online or off. collectables,new costumes, phantom handprints scattered throught the chapters of story mode theres plenty to keep you playing long after the credits roll on the campaign. recommended for fans and newcomers alike revelations may well be the best game available on the 3ds so far. Expand
  40. May 6, 2012
    I Couldn't put this down from start to finish . The story is great and gameplay and graphics are amazing for handheld experience . There even online play that uses levels from story mode and weapons that you upgrade as you level up. Its great working together with someone else helping them out of tight spots or defeating monsters together. It would been boss if game supported voice chat but sadly not here:( its still great game and one that every 3DS owner should have in there collection:P Expand
  41. Oct 24, 2012
    Revelations is not the best Resident Evil game ever created, but it's without a doubt the best the series has seen in a very long time. And not just because it's scary. The level design is almost consistently tight, the controls work perfectly, and the amount of resource management required is that of legend in Hell difficulty. This game seamlessly merges the traditional survival-horror roots with the action side the series has seen ever since 4, and the result is a much deeper and intense Resident Evil experience as a whole. The dialogue and plot are ultra cheesy as usual, and this does drag the game down, but at least it's nothing like Wesker's "becoming a god" bull**** in RE5. This game is a must-own for any 3DS owner, and it's the perfect reason for any hardcore fan of the series to purchase a 3DS immediately. Simply phenomenal. Expand
  42. Feb 18, 2012
    Gameplay: the controls work great, everything is so responsive. and the touch screen is very handy, as it also has shortcuts to pic weapon and melee/grenades, also the map. Story: the story served its purpose, it gave you an inceptive to keep playing. a strong on at that. it was very entertaining. but nothing groundbreaking. Graphics: the 3D effect actually added more detail, and the depth ads to the suspense, you can feel the monsters getting closer. it made the game look very good.

Replay value:
    i have clocked 9 hours and 45 minutes only after finishing the main story, there is a whole other mode to pay with called raid mode, it has Co-Op both local and online. the game has a newgame+ feature, with achievement like ''missions'' that reward you with weapons and perks when you complete them, you can share them using street pass too.

Overall:
    i highly recommend this game to anyone who has a 3DS and is over 18 years old.
    the game was very exhilarating and fun. you will not regret it.
  43. Mar 5, 2012
    When I had the good fortune of being introduced to Resident Evil back in 1996, it was the scariest thing out there, and I loved it. If you're a long-time fan of RE like me, you may have noticed that Capcom has strayed from the classic Survival Horror genre with Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 5, and The Mercenaries. Along with the Resident Evil 5 "Lost in Nightmares" DLC, Revelations seeks to revive the Survival Horror tradition, and does it quite well. One of my few criticisms is that sometimes, they try too hard and at other times, they don't try hard enough.

Aside from slightly lacking horror content, Revelations has a great story, cast (with two exceptions, which I'll state soon), graphics, and music. The 3D effect is truly beautiful in most cases, but, in a few cases, held back gameplay (The autostereoscopic 3D of the 3DS creates a double-image when viewed from the wrong angles).

My main complaint is the characters "Grinder" and "Jackass" (Quint and Keith, respectively). They absolutely ruined the parts of the game they appeared in.
    The ending is truly wonderful. I won't spoil anything, but I'm sure you will be satisfied with the ending.

Overall, Revelations is a great game. If you have a 3DS and the coin, I highly recommend you but it. You won't regret it.
  44. Mar 19, 2012
    This is my favorite Resident Evil game of all time. The first 60% of the game is a wonderful return to the survival-horror type of gaming. The music is great and the gameplay seemingly fits perfectly onto the 3DS. I wouldnt play the game any other way to be honest. However what's a bit disappointing is that the game suddenly turns over the the action genre in the last 20% of the game which is not so bad but a bit weird.
    The game has short cutscenes which are beautifully rendered.

The graphics of this game is just simply wonderful for the 3DS and is notably the best graphically looking game to ever appear on a nintendo machine thus far.
    The game even has fantastic 3D!

Resident Evil : Revelations did right what Resident Evil 5 did wrong.
    This is a strong exclusive for the 3DS and is a game that may change your mind from getting a Vita.

I dont even understand how some game reviewers can give idiotic scores like 6/10! This game at the least deserves more than an 8 out of 10 for notably being the best portable game of the decade

Dont waste anymore time. Go out and buy this game immediately if you own a 3DS.
    If capcom releases any more Resident Evil 3DS like this one i wouldnt hesitate to go out and support them for bringing such a wonderful game to the 3DS
  45. Apr 29, 2012
    super good game awesome use of the 3d it actually felt like an older game but in a good way, i really felt like capcom did a great job with this game it was truely a great resident evil game
  46. Nov 11, 2012
    This game brings me back memories of resident evil 4. In some areas they exceed RE4, in others they don't. For example, the ooze are really creepy enemies. The game overall is probably scarier than RE4. Some of the boss fights like Scagdead and Rachel, are really good. The sea creepers are so scary, you find it difficult to get yourself to go in the shallow water. The only disappointment I have with this game is the fact that it was released for 3ds. The game would have sold much more if it were released on ps3 and I could enjoy playing the game on my TV instead of a small screen. The inventory is really good too. Not as good as RE4, but definitely better than RE5 and RE6. Boss fights are on average OK. Scagdead and Rachel may be good but the other 3 are basically on par with RE5. The dodge mechanic isn't that great either. Also there are times where you play as these random characters, this should have been thrown out. The game should have focused more on Jill. Expand
  47. Apr 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After looking through this new game by Cap com I went ahead and buy ed it with new characters and some oldies that we like, like Jill Valentine and Chris Red field and it also has new creatures which acts like zombies they grab you they try to eat you yep a same thing about a zombie would do to you too.

Still this is a new story based in a ship for Jill story you get to play as two characters in this wounder ful game and of course many more.

Just buy and you won't be disappointed with this game better than Mercenaries I' am sure.

A lot talk about the camera part for some reason, still it's like Resident Evil 4 and 5 so I can't see why people complain about it.

Downside is playing with someone on net well there is lag and you can't go through a door when the other person opens it, instead you got to open it yourself I find that annoying at times.
  48. Feb 20, 2013
    Without a doubt the best Resident Evil game I've played in years. Game-play is fantastic, however I would advise using the circle pad if you are more accustomed to the traditional shooter controls. The main thing that this game has going for it over recent console versions of the series is atmosphere. This is a dark, narrow hall-filled game with quite a slow pace which only benefits the atmosphere, and further distinguishes the game from other recent fast paced action games of the series. Graphics are wonderful and personally are the biggest wow moment I've had so far on the 3DS. My only complaint is that segments not involving Jill are weaker compared to her chapters. However this is still definitely a must buy for any 3DS owner interested in the horror genre. Expand
  49. Aug 27, 2013
    A must-purchase game for your 3DS. Lots of scary monster blasting fun. Lots of extras and replay value. Good online. Looks great in 3D the reason to get it on the 3DS rather than the main consoles.
  50. Jun 7, 2012
    Easily the best 3DS title to date. It's not just set a standard for the console, but the series itself. Resident Evil Revelations aimed to make a return to the survival horror gameplay of the original games the fans so desperately wanted. It's done that and more, offering some of the same action of Re5 during Chris Redfield's sequences. The Queen Zenobia, an abandoned ship in the middle of the pacific is the perfect setting for the game, creating both mood and atmosphere. The 3D effect is astonishing, and for those that do not know, in the game settings is an option to adjust the strength of the effect. The stronger it is the better it looks, however the on screen HUD and subtitles are still stuck on the foreground / front of the screen. This can make re-adjusting your eyes for the front again quite awkward, and sometimes irritating. This can be avoided by using the 'Strong' setting though, which still looks great. The game has some of the best textures I've seen on the 3DS, everything from the enemies to the items on the table to *ahem*.. Jill. Ties into the Resident Evil lore very well and gives you more insight into what happened between the Ganados incident and the Bioterrorist attack in Africa. Pros:
    - Great 3D effects
    - Fits into Resident Evil very well
    - Best visuals on the system
    - Tight control scheme

Con(s):
    -Awkward on highest settings
  51. Apr 19, 2013
    This is easily the best 3ds game I have played. The graphics, sound and level design are near perfection and once you start playing this game you will not want to put it down.

I'm playing it on the 3ds XL using the Circle Pad Pro and it is definetly an added advantage and well worth seeking out.

Overall, I think this game is a must for all 3ds owners and a very good reason for those
    that don't own a 3ds to get one. Expand
  52. Jan 2, 2013
    Definitely the best Resident Evil game in quite a long time! The atmosphere, especially in Jill's campaign, was perfect. I don't even remember the last time I jumped in fright while playing a RE game. It's that good! The only downside are some of the cheesy voice acting and dialogue. But other than that - this game is awesome!
  53. Aug 10, 2012
    fantastic game. the graphics are brilliant for the console and controls well however you choose to play it. the game also offers some genuine scares while other sections offer some good action tailoring to fans of both 4 and 5. the one problem is the audio which occasionally sounds low quality. Overall the game plays well from beginning to end and is a must buy for anyone with a 3DS.
  54. Apr 11, 2013
    Great Game..Great Atmosphare,Great Survival Horror.its a great piece of horror and one of the best Resident evil Games so far.Bring back the classical roots with a combination of new elements and action .
    Overall Best Resident evil of this generation.
  55. Feb 25, 2013
    The best Resident Evil game in years.A great handheld game, one that not only pushes the boundaries and standards of the Nintendo 3DS but one that recaptures a long-forgotten spirit of a classic franchise. Make no mistake about it, this is a full Resident Evil adventure that isn't watered down because it's in portable form.
  56. Mar 15, 2013
    The best game of the series in years. The game is beautiful, and has excellent gameplay really memorable moments. Without doubt the franchise should follow that style in the next numbered games.
  57. Oct 13, 2012
    Best game on 3DS. Excellent graphic, fun action and interesting story. The only problem is 3D effect that is not so good for all the game. Great mix of action and exploration. 10/10
  58. Nov 25, 2012
    Great game that is genuinely frightening! I never thought i would genuinely get scared at a game thats on a tiny screen like the 3DS's but on more than one occasion I did. Best game on the 3DS yet and a prime example of how a resident evil game should be (Resident evil 5 & 6 im looking at ye)
  59. Feb 25, 2013
    This game packs a true horror experience.
    With a scary soundtrack, gorgeous graphics and creepy atmosphere, is a must buy for the 3DS owners looking for a game to play in the middle of night. With a good pair of headphones, the game can even scare you some times.

No more money-jewels-ammo-herbs-filled zombies. You have to search the enviroment in order to keep you health in good shape
    and your ammo stocked. And you will need both, because the monsters here aren't that easy to dodge and are hard to kill.

Unfortunately there's no Files or Reports as the old games had. Thats ok... but adding those would be good help to the player immersion within the game plot.

The claustrophobic locations of the game and labyrinthic gameplay resembles a lot with the pre RE4 era of games.

The graphics are full of nice light effects all over, and beautifuly detailed enviroments gives you the hard choice between playing or just admire the details.

It's the best game of the franchise since RE0 and RE Remake (after those two, we only got bang-bang save the world, save US President daughter, boom Call of Duty, bang bang).
  60. Feb 26, 2013
    La narrativa del juego es muy televisiva, está dividida en capítulos y al empezar cada uno de los 11 de los que se compone nos acompañará un pequeño vídeo que resume lo ocurrido anteriormente en Revelations. Viviremos flashbacks, cambios de personajes y, como si de una serie se tratara, los capítulos acaban en el punto mas álgido posible para dejarnos enganchados a la 3ds. la verdad que tengo que decir que me ha gustado mucho, este si que es un Resident evil como los clásicos,admito que me asuste un par de veces e.e .La historia me tuvo muy atrapado,muy buena. Me sentí cómodo con la jugabiliad,me gusto mucho, muy buenos gráficos, la ambientación esta buena, Sonido excelente. En general el juego es muy bueno y lo recomiendo para los que no lo tienen. Expand
  61. Mar 24, 2013
    ''Resident Evil Revelations'' is not only the best resident evil for this GEN but it's the best resident evil up to date impressive story and great HORROR....CAPCOM did it without Shinji Mikami can't believe it better than 4 even?
  62. May 30, 2013
    Well this is a great game. Its scary, its got an interesting, lengthy story, multitudes of playable characters, all kinds of guns, and the slightly different but huge loads of fun raid mode, which can be played online!! Lemme start over. This game takes place on a cruise ship, if you've ever been on a cruise you know how many different environments can be in there. Most of them terrifying with zombies. The controls are pretty well setup, but if you want the real FPS experience, go get the circle pad pro. Pairs up with this game beautifully well. The story is long and took me a while to beat while never boring me. The gun and character selection is great, in raid mode and campaign mode. And my favorite part? The replay value on this game is through the roof. Besides raid mode, which is big, they also have trophies and such to keep you invested in the campain mode also. I believe this is one of the best games i own for my 3ds and will never stop playing it. Expand
  63. Jun 9, 2013
    Im usually against giving games a 10 but this one deserves it! I normally dont get scared but chills were going through my spine as i was playing this one. Easy controls good graphics and an amazing story! This is an actual resident evil game. Great soundtracks and background music. Simply flawless!
  64. May 18, 2013
    It is for me the best 3DS-Game I've ever played. The story was awesome, the graphics is also really nice and the gameplay was nice, too. I played this game for hours and hours and the best thing about it is the multiplayer-mode. Buy it!
  65. May 27, 2013
    this is one of the best resident evil games for many years its amazing not just on ds but on xbox to unlike other more resent resident evil games this game is more like the old ones and one of the best games i've played all year.
  66. Jul 18, 2013
    It squeezes all the power possible from that tiny screen on the 3DS. The storyline takes up an episodic style. Throughout the whole story, which mostly takes place on a mysterious abandones ship, you play as a variety of characters, including Jill, Parker, and Chris, among others. The plot fills in a gap between RE 4 and 5. Although it's improbable, the storyline is excellent. Some of the script is incredibly cheesy and ridiculous however, but that doesn't happen often. The graphics are incredible for a handheld like 3DS, I never knew it had that much power. They are very realistic and add to the horror experience. So does the impressive 3D effect. I recommend you turn it on. The sound and music adds to the suspense perfectly, resulting in a superbly scary experience. The actual gameplay is reminiscent of past resident evils- before re 4. Limited ammo, memorable bosses, and more all contribute to make this the best resident evil yet. One annoyance is the limited AI of your fellow companions. The game takes about 15 hours to complete- not a lot. But raid mode at least dpubles that. In raid mode, you battle through locations from the main game, fighting enemies every step of the way. This isn't short of scares either. You can play this co-op as well, including both local and online. I'm not lying when I say this is the best resident evil I've ever played. Expand
  67. Sep 30, 2013
    The best Resident Evil in over 10 years.
  68. Jun 1, 2014
    este juego es el meor de 3ds que eh jugado todo es excelente pero a veces los jefes son flojos pero captura la esencia de resident evil 5 pero en una portatil la musica es excelente y los sonidos ni hablar de ellos
  69. Sep 21, 2014
    Probably the best game on the 3DS or any platform in a long time. Amazingly executed. Anyone who gives it a score less than 90 either doesn't have a clue or is too stuck up. Amazing!
  70. Feb 20, 2012

1. Mar 9, 2012
    Resident Evil: Revelations shows the potential that lies in Nintendos new handheld console. The story itself is masterfully told inepisodes, and the game has the best sound I've experienced on a 3DS sofar. The controls, however, seem a bit too stiff, but in a way thatalso enhanced the general claustrophobic atmosphere in the game.
    Best parts of survival action are horror moments and online cooperation. RE: Revelations show the potential of 3DS in full scale. [Feb 2012]
  3. Feb 29, 2012
    While survival-horror definitely isn't my best genre, Resident Evil: Revelations is easily one of the best 3DS games I've played to date. Just about any frustrations I've come across is due to my own lack of skill and experience with the franchise as a whole. If you're a Resident Evil fan with a 3DS, this is definitely one to pick up.