8.6

1. Sep 30, 2013
    The best Resident Evil in over 10 years.
  2. Aug 27, 2013
    A must-purchase game for your 3DS. Lots of scary monster blasting fun. Lots of extras and replay value. Good online. Looks great in 3D the reason to get it on the 3DS rather than the main consoles.
  3. Jul 18, 2013
    It squeezes all the power possible from that tiny screen on the 3DS. The storyline takes up an episodic style. Throughout the whole story, which mostly takes place on a mysterious abandones ship, you play as a variety of characters, including Jill, Parker, and Chris, among others. The plot fills in a gap between RE 4 and 5. Although it's improbable, the storyline is excellent. Some of the script is incredibly cheesy and ridiculous however, but that doesn't happen often. The graphics are incredible for a handheld like 3DS, I never knew it had that much power. They are very realistic and add to the horror experience. So does the impressive 3D effect. I recommend you turn it on. The sound and music adds to the suspense perfectly, resulting in a superbly scary experience. The actual gameplay is reminiscent of past resident evils- before re 4. Limited ammo, memorable bosses, and more all contribute to make this the best resident evil yet. One annoyance is the limited AI of your fellow companions. The game takes about 15 hours to complete- not a lot. But raid mode at least dpubles that. In raid mode, you battle through locations from the main game, fighting enemies every step of the way. This isn't short of scares either. You can play this co-op as well, including both local and online. I'm not lying when I say this is the best resident evil I've ever played. Expand
  4. Jun 9, 2013
    Im usually against giving games a 10 but this one deserves it! I normally dont get scared but chills were going through my spine as i was playing this one. Easy controls good graphics and an amazing story! This is an actual resident evil game. Great soundtracks and background music. Simply flawless!
  5. May 30, 2013
    Well this is a great game. Its scary, its got an interesting, lengthy story, multitudes of playable characters, all kinds of guns, and the slightly different but huge loads of fun raid mode, which can be played online!! Lemme start over. This game takes place on a cruise ship, if you've ever been on a cruise you know how many different environments can be in there. Most of them terrifying with zombies. The controls are pretty well setup, but if you want the real FPS experience, go get the circle pad pro. Pairs up with this game beautifully well. The story is long and took me a while to beat while never boring me. The gun and character selection is great, in raid mode and campaign mode. And my favorite part? The replay value on this game is through the roof. Besides raid mode, which is big, they also have trophies and such to keep you invested in the campain mode also. I believe this is one of the best games i own for my 3ds and will never stop playing it. Expand
  6. May 27, 2013
    this is one of the best resident evil games for many years its amazing not just on ds but on xbox to unlike other more resent resident evil games this game is more like the old ones and one of the best games i've played all year.
  7. May 18, 2013
    It is for me the best 3DS-Game I've ever played. The story was awesome, the graphics is also really nice and the gameplay was nice, too. I played this game for hours and hours and the best thing about it is the multiplayer-mode. Buy it!
  8. Apr 19, 2013
    This is easily the best 3ds game I have played. The graphics, sound and level design are near perfection and once you start playing this game you will not want to put it down.

I'm playing it on the 3ds XL using the Circle Pad Pro and it is definetly an added advantage and well worth seeking out.

Overall, I think this game is a must for all 3ds owners and a very good reason for those
    that don't own a 3ds to get one. Expand
  9. Apr 11, 2013
    Great Game..Great Atmosphare,Great Survival Horror.its a great piece of horror and one of the best Resident evil Games so far.Bring back the classical roots with a combination of new elements and action .
    Overall Best Resident evil of this generation.
  10. Apr 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After looking through this new game by Cap com I went ahead and buy ed it with new characters and some oldies that we like, like Jill Valentine and Chris Red field and it also has new creatures which acts like zombies they grab you they try to eat you yep a same thing about a zombie would do to you too.

Still this is a new story based in a ship for Jill story you get to play as two characters in this wounder ful game and of course many more.

Just buy and you won't be disappointed with this game better than Mercenaries I' am sure.

A lot talk about the camera part for some reason, still it's like Resident Evil 4 and 5 so I can't see why people complain about it.

Downside is playing with someone on net well there is lag and you can't go through a door when the other person opens it, instead you got to open it yourself I find that annoying at times.
  11. Mar 24, 2013
    ''Resident Evil Revelations'' is not only the best resident evil for this GEN but it's the best resident evil up to date impressive story and great HORROR....CAPCOM did it without Shinji Mikami can't believe it better than 4 even?
  12. Mar 15, 2013
    The best game of the series in years. The game is beautiful, and has excellent gameplay really memorable moments. Without doubt the franchise should follow that style in the next numbered games.
  13. Feb 26, 2013
    La narrativa del juego es muy televisiva, está dividida en capítulos y al empezar cada uno de los 11 de los que se compone nos acompañará un pequeño vídeo que resume lo ocurrido anteriormente en Revelations. Viviremos flashbacks, cambios de personajes y, como si de una serie se tratara, los capítulos acaban en el punto mas álgido posible para dejarnos enganchados a la 3ds. la verdad que tengo que decir que me ha gustado mucho, este si que es un Resident evil como los clásicos,admito que me asuste un par de veces e.e .La historia me tuvo muy atrapado,muy buena. Me sentí cómodo con la jugabiliad,me gusto mucho, muy buenos gráficos, la ambientación esta buena, Sonido excelente. En general el juego es muy bueno y lo recomiendo para los que no lo tienen. Expand
  14. Feb 25, 2013
    This game packs a true horror experience.
    With a scary soundtrack, gorgeous graphics and creepy atmosphere, is a must buy for the 3DS owners looking for a game to play in the middle of night. With a good pair of headphones, the game can even scare you some times.

No more money-jewels-ammo-herbs-filled zombies. You have to search the enviroment in order to keep you health in good shape
    and your ammo stocked. And you will need both, because the monsters here aren't that easy to dodge and are hard to kill.

Unfortunately there's no Files or Reports as the old games had. Thats ok... but adding those would be good help to the player immersion within the game plot.

The claustrophobic locations of the game and labyrinthic gameplay resembles a lot with the pre RE4 era of games.

The graphics are full of nice light effects all over, and beautifuly detailed enviroments gives you the hard choice between playing or just admire the details.

It's the best game of the franchise since RE0 and RE Remake (after those two, we only got bang-bang save the world, save US President daughter, boom Call of Duty, bang bang).
  15. Feb 25, 2013
    The best Resident Evil game in years.A great handheld game, one that not only pushes the boundaries and standards of the Nintendo 3DS but one that recaptures a long-forgotten spirit of a classic franchise. Make no mistake about it, this is a full Resident Evil adventure that isn't watered down because it's in portable form.
  16. Feb 20, 2013
    Without a doubt the best Resident Evil game I've played in years. Game-play is fantastic, however I would advise using the circle pad if you are more accustomed to the traditional shooter controls. The main thing that this game has going for it over recent console versions of the series is atmosphere. This is a dark, narrow hall-filled game with quite a slow pace which only benefits the atmosphere, and further distinguishes the game from other recent fast paced action games of the series. Graphics are wonderful and personally are the biggest wow moment I've had so far on the 3DS. My only complaint is that segments not involving Jill are weaker compared to her chapters. However this is still definitely a must buy for any 3DS owner interested in the horror genre. Expand
  17. Jan 2, 2013
    Definitely the best Resident Evil game in quite a long time! The atmosphere, especially in Jill's campaign, was perfect. I don't even remember the last time I jumped in fright while playing a RE game. It's that good! The only downside are some of the cheesy voice acting and dialogue. But other than that - this game is awesome!
  18. Nov 25, 2012
    Great game that is genuinely frightening! I never thought i would genuinely get scared at a game thats on a tiny screen like the 3DS's but on more than one occasion I did. Best game on the 3DS yet and a prime example of how a resident evil game should be (Resident evil 5 & 6 im looking at ye)
  19. Nov 11, 2012
    This game brings me back memories of resident evil 4. In some areas they exceed RE4, in others they don't. For example, the ooze are really creepy enemies. The game overall is probably scarier than RE4. Some of the boss fights like Scagdead and Rachel, are really good. The sea creepers are so scary, you find it difficult to get yourself to go in the shallow water. The only disappointment I have with this game is the fact that it was released for 3ds. The game would have sold much more if it were released on ps3 and I could enjoy playing the game on my TV instead of a small screen. The inventory is really good too. Not as good as RE4, but definitely better than RE5 and RE6. Boss fights are on average OK. Scagdead and Rachel may be good but the other 3 are basically on par with RE5. The dodge mechanic isn't that great either. Also there are times where you play as these random characters, this should have been thrown out. The game should have focused more on Jill. Expand
  20. Oct 24, 2012
    Revelations is not the best Resident Evil game ever created, but it's without a doubt the best the series has seen in a very long time. And not just because it's scary. The level design is almost consistently tight, the controls work perfectly, and the amount of resource management required is that of legend in Hell difficulty. This game seamlessly merges the traditional survival-horror roots with the action side the series has seen ever since 4, and the result is a much deeper and intense Resident Evil experience as a whole. The dialogue and plot are ultra cheesy as usual, and this does drag the game down, but at least it's nothing like Wesker's "becoming a god" bull**** in RE5. This game is a must-own for any 3DS owner, and it's the perfect reason for any hardcore fan of the series to purchase a 3DS immediately. Simply phenomenal. Expand
  21. Oct 13, 2012
    Best game on 3DS. Excellent graphic, fun action and interesting story. The only problem is 3D effect that is not so good for all the game. Great mix of action and exploration. 10/10
  22. Oct 3, 2012
    Nada que decir un juego simplemente bueno, un juego que coge lo bueno de resident evil 4 y de el suspenso de la vieja escuela, lastima que sea solo para 3ds pero aun así un amigo me lo facilito y me lo pase como un enano me encanto la verdad un gran juego que ningún poseedor de 3DS se lo debe perder, si quieres un resident evil como los clásicos esta es tu oportunidad..
  23. Aug 10, 2012
    fantastic game. the graphics are brilliant for the console and controls well however you choose to play it. the game also offers some genuine scares while other sections offer some good action tailoring to fans of both 4 and 5. the one problem is the audio which occasionally sounds low quality. Overall the game plays well from beginning to end and is a must buy for anyone with a 3DS.
  24. Jun 7, 2012
    Easily the best 3DS title to date. It's not just set a standard for the console, but the series itself. Resident Evil Revelations aimed to make a return to the survival horror gameplay of the original games the fans so desperately wanted. It's done that and more, offering some of the same action of Re5 during Chris Redfield's sequences. The Queen Zenobia, an abandoned ship in the middle of the pacific is the perfect setting for the game, creating both mood and atmosphere. The 3D effect is astonishing, and for those that do not know, in the game settings is an option to adjust the strength of the effect. The stronger it is the better it looks, however the on screen HUD and subtitles are still stuck on the foreground / front of the screen. This can make re-adjusting your eyes for the front again quite awkward, and sometimes irritating. This can be avoided by using the 'Strong' setting though, which still looks great. The game has some of the best textures I've seen on the 3DS, everything from the enemies to the items on the table to *ahem*.. Jill. Ties into the Resident Evil lore very well and gives you more insight into what happened between the Ganados incident and the Bioterrorist attack in Africa. Pros:
    - Great 3D effects
    - Fits into Resident Evil very well
    - Best visuals on the system
    - Tight control scheme

Con(s):
    -Awkward on highest settings
  25. May 6, 2012
    I Couldn't put this down from start to finish . The story is great and gameplay and graphics are amazing for handheld experience . There even online play that uses levels from story mode and weapons that you upgrade as you level up. Its great working together with someone else helping them out of tight spots or defeating monsters together. It would been boss if game supported voice chat but sadly not here:( its still great game and one that every 3DS owner should have in there collection:P Expand
  26. Apr 29, 2012
    super good game awesome use of the 3d it actually felt like an older game but in a good way, i really felt like capcom did a great job with this game it was truely a great resident evil game
  27. Apr 25, 2012
    this game is great! the graphics are incredible! the gameplay is solid, the sound is pretty good too, there are a lot of unlockable content even after you finish the game, capcom did a great job, 10/10 for me :)
  28. Apr 19, 2012
    A decent addition to the Resident Evil franchise that seems to go back to it's roots (RE 1 and 2) in that it's holding true to the claustrophobic, tense and eerie atmosphere. Capcom did a wonderful job. there ARE some criticisms, however... the control scheme of the game is a little tricky on it's own and it is highly recommended that if you get this game, get the circle-pad-pro for it as well as that will certainly make the game that much easier to control. graphics are stunning, voice-acting feels genuine and doesn't feel forced. the fact that you play through from different perspectives to get different points of the story is clever and works well.

it isn't a perfect game but it comes very, very close.
  29. Apr 17, 2012
    This game is spectacular. It is a combination of the old and new of resident evil and if you give it a chance you will absolutely love it. Well worth every penny!
  30. Apr 2, 2012
    A very joyful classic RE experience delivered to your handheld. A benchmark in graphics, story, gameplay, sound for other 3DS and portable developers. Hopefully a lesson is learnt by Capcom that people still love horror games and hopefully RE6 isn't CoD like. This one is a must-have for any 3DS owner.

1. Mar 9, 2012
    Resident Evil: Revelations shows the potential that lies in Nintendos new handheld console. The story itself is masterfully told inepisodes, and the game has the best sound I've experienced on a 3DS sofar. The controls, however, seem a bit too stiff, but in a way thatalso enhanced the general claustrophobic atmosphere in the game.
    Best parts of survival action are horror moments and online cooperation. RE: Revelations show the potential of 3DS in full scale. [Feb 2012]
  3. Feb 29, 2012
    While survival-horror definitely isn't my best genre, Resident Evil: Revelations is easily one of the best 3DS games I've played to date. Just about any frustrations I've come across is due to my own lack of skill and experience with the franchise as a whole. If you're a Resident Evil fan with a 3DS, this is definitely one to pick up.