8.5

1. Feb 19, 2016
    very fun, story mode is great, graphics is amazing for 3ds, sound is also amazing, replay ability is there and will last you a very long while, online co op is very good. Amazing game and it is also very affordable !
  2. Mar 25, 2016
    Resident Evil Revelations is a poor attempt at returning the series to it's survival horror roots. From slow paced game play to the inability to see your own health bar, it's a mere spin-off that cashes in on the series' popularity instead of providing a fun filled experience.
  3. Apr 26, 2016
    This game was my first Resident Evil experience. The first of many I hope. Best graphics on the 3DS and a great atmosphere all along the game play. The only problem is that the controls are nearly impossible to master on a regular 3DS
  4. Sep 25, 2016
    This is much better than Resident Evil 5 / 6.
    But, that's not saying much. Since RE5 & RE6 aren't worth finishing.
    I made the mistake of playing on an 'old' 3DS console without the circle pad pro. So, the controls weren't perfect. There were some great Resident Evil moments throughout Revelations. The shark creatures, for example, were awesome. And, I liked the underwater
    This is much better than Resident Evil 5 / 6.
    But, that's not saying much. Since RE5 & RE6 aren't worth finishing.

So, the controls weren't perfect.

There were some great Resident Evil moments throughout Revelations.
    The shark creatures, for example, were awesome.
    And, I liked the underwater segments too.

The plot is pretty awful and it is way too layered / complex.
    If a game has a phoned-in story line, it should be simple.
    The Revelations story is - basically - layer upon layer of crap.
    There were at least half a dozen twists and none of happened organically.
    But, to be fair, the cinematic effects during plot cut-scenes were pretty cool.

My main problem with the gameplay was the inconsistency in terms of difficulty.
    In a lot of sections, you can run past/through enemies without being hit by them.
    It is, often, easier to just run through a room full of enemies and slam the door closed behind you.

When I replayed the original game recently, there was still a lingering threat of death around every corner.
    The ammo and herbs were limited, back then, so you had to be careful.

Revelations is set halfway between Resident Evil 4 & Resident Evil 5.
    It is, also, halfway between a survival horror game and a 3rd person shooter.
    I would have enjoyed it a lot more if it was more challenging.

Not a bad entry in the series.
    But, not a particularly good one either.
  5. Sep 7, 2016
    I've beaten the game in four days. I remember not being able put it down until I am at the very end. At some point you totally forget this is a handheld console game. Graphics are awesome. It's just another great RE game
  6. Mar 19, 2017
    Un bon jeu, qui en monture "jeu portable" est pas mal du tout. On retrouve une certaine "essence" Resident Evil, qui fait plaisir à voir (ambiance, musique, mise en scène). Mais on regrette que ce soit sur console portable que Capcom passe pour faire un RE (à sa sortie initiale) proche des premiers.
    Un bon jeu 3DS, perfectible car le gameplay, qui se veut intuitif, ne l'est pas
    Un bon jeu 3DS, perfectible car le gameplay, qui se veut intuitif, ne l'est pas totalement...

Sinon l'histoire, et la fin ouverte, est plaisante. On ne perd pas son temps. ;)
  7. Jun 28, 2017
    An amazing realease from Capcom reaches the 3ds, and how great it is. An exmaple of how games should be today: plenty of content, high replay value, and fun as hell. Although the story and the characters might not be the most interesting, the gameplay definetely stands up high. In Resident Evil Revelations, you will find a huge amount of weapons and a very strategic way to upgrade them.An amazing realease from Capcom reaches the 3ds, and how great it is. An exmaple of how games should be today: plenty of content, high replay value, and fun as hell. Although the story and the characters might not be the most interesting, the gameplay definetely stands up high. In Resident Evil Revelations, you will find a huge amount of weapons and a very strategic way to upgrade them. You will have to go through an entire ship in the middle of the sea, where hope is almost gone, and will fight tons of creatures without making it impossible. Although, I warn you, RE Revelations is tough. Once you beat the game, you can also go to RAID MODE, where you can complete lots of missions, so you can unlock outfits and some other secret stuff. The graphics are probably the best on the 3DS, the music is good and it delivers atmosphere. If you are one of those who can only afford one game per year, THIS IS THE GAME FOR YOU. RE Revelations is definetely not a return to the roots, but it is an outstanding game, and personally, I believe is better than any other RE Evil after RE4.
    + Neverending replay value.
    + Huge content.
    + Excellent presentation.
    + Raid Mode.
    + Challenging.
    + Lovely graphics.
    + Beautiful design and art.
    - Besides Jill, there is no remarkable characters.
    - The story could have been better, less complicated and without Dante Alighieri.
  8. Sep 1, 2017
    I will talk about the Wii U version: I'm not a "true" Resident Evil fan, but I really enjoyed this game and I'm waiting for the pack of Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2 for Switch!!

1. Gamer.no
    Mar 9, 2012
    Resident Evil: Revelations shows the potential that lies in Nintendos new handheld console. The story itself is masterfully told inepisodes, and the game has the best sound I've experienced on a 3DS sofar. The controls, however, seem a bit too stiff, but in a way thatalso enhanced the general claustrophobic atmosphere in the game.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Mar 8, 2012
    Best parts of survival action are horror moments and online cooperation. RE: Revelations show the potential of 3DS in full scale. [Feb 2012]
  3. Feb 29, 2012
    While survival-horror definitely isn't my best genre, Resident Evil: Revelations is easily one of the best 3DS games I've played to date. Just about any frustrations I've come across is due to my own lack of skill and experience with the franchise as a whole. If you're a Resident Evil fan with a 3DS, this is definitely one to pick up.