8.6

1. Feb 10, 2012
    Excellent game. Great job made by Capcom. The best graphics on 3DS, great story and beautiful soundtrack. A must have sure!. A game that recovers things that RE 5 minimized... You will love this game, ;)
  2. Feb 7, 2012
    AMAZING. Must Buy. Awesome story, graphics sounds, all that stuff. Plus if your still not sure, there's a free, yep i wrote it, free demo. So try it, if you like it then buy it, but if you don't like it don't. Im not going to be one of those annoying people who tells everyone to buy a games even if they hate it. HA!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Mar 15, 2012
    I bought this a few days ago and can't put it down. I've already reached the halfway point. The graphics are unbelievable, the animations are smooth, the enemies and environments have lots of personality and variation. Raid mode is also a blast. If you are looking for a good 3DS title, a good survival horror game, or something to make you a no-life, this is it. This game is easily a system seller. If you are saving up for a 3DS and one game to buy with it, make it this one, you won't be disappointed. The only minor setbacks this game has are some framerate drops during times when a new area is loading and like most Resident Evil games the dialogue and story are both ridiculous. If those things don't bother you, pick this one up ASAP. Expand
  4. Feb 14, 2012
    The game is a definite return to form for the entire series. Everyone who was disappointed with the direction RE5 took (or RE4 for that matter) will want to check this out: it successfully mixes the memorable claustrophobic environments of the older games with the playability of the action entries and never gets boring for a single moment. The game has the best graphics you'll be seeing on the 3DS for quite a while, the music is nothing short of excellent, and the story will keep you guessing until the last chapter. And once you're finished with the main campaign, you'll have Raid Mode to become addicted to. Collapse
  5. Mar 20, 2012
    I normally don't appreciate people who give a perfect score to a video game, because I feel like they're lying to themselves. But Resident Evil Revelations really does deserve a perfect 10 out of 10. Capcom has finally found the perfect balance between action and horror, something that was severely lacking in Res 5. Revelations definitely has the creepiness factor that was present in the early additions to the series, it even got me to jump at a few points in the game. The only fault the game has is that it gets a bit glitchy at some points in the game, but it really isn't that big of deal. Revelations looks great, even in 3D, and in my opinion takes the crown for the best game on the 3DS. Expand
  6. Feb 15, 2012
    Resident Evil Revelations brings back classic control and puzzle solving we came to know and love in the series. The graphics are the best I have seen on a 3DS. The story is very well done, and much longer than I expected on the 3DS. This is a must have for this system.
  7. Feb 15, 2012
    By far the best reason to own a 3DS right now. So addictive and fun. Looks amazing and combines the qualities of Resident Evil 4 with the classics and a sprinkle of RE:5. Not only can you take it anywhere, but it is the best Resident Evil game to date. Lots of scares, bonus content, and even rewards for street passing, you don't want to miss out on this fantastic example of Capcom's best series.
  8. Feb 7, 2012
    Just reached episode 4. Im happy to report that so far i have loved every aspect of the game. Resident evil has never controlled better, and this is on a portable gaming system!I It seems as if Capcom have put alot of thought into the control layout and it really shines through.
  9. Feb 14, 2012
    An impressive 3DS title. Actually it is probably the best 3DS game you can purchase. The controls are fluid and fairly responsive even if you don't have the circle pad pro attachment that Nintendo and GameStop were trying to sell with it. The game does a good job bringing out the survival horror element that Resident Evil was famous for. I found myself on more than on occasion being startled and frightened by monsters randomly appearing from various areas of the cruise ship where the game is set. A couple of down sides though is that sometimes the game takes forever to load which the developers tried to mask with the doors opening or elevator sequences. Also they added a couple of characters that really added nothing to the series or the game... But overall the graphics are amazing and the game is a ton of fun! A real treat for RE fans and 3DS owners! Expand
  10. Feb 7, 2012
    Been playing the game for a week now, finished the campaign on normal and played lots of raid mode, and I have to say, this game is awesome. The only negative thing I encountered so far are heavy frame rate drops when you are in the dedicated loading rooms, such as elevators and other small rooms. But nothing happens in this rooms anyway and all the other parts run really smooth. Graphic, sound, game play is amazing, especially with the circle pad. The 3D effect is astonishing, especially cranked all the way up in the options menu. Story is very cliché and predictable but solid all around. The campaign on hell mode and the later stages of raid mode are also very challenging and there are lots of things to unlock. This game is just worth its money. If you're waiting for a better survival horror game on a handheld, well good luck on that, might take a while. Expand
  11. Feb 12, 2012
    Worth Every Cent of your money, This game fixes all the problems RE5 did wrong. The game is simply beautiful and one of the best 3ds and handheld looking games to date. The campaign lasts around 9 hours, but do not fear the online mode will keep you playing for quite some time.
  12. Mar 17, 2012
    Phenomenal graphics, excellent music, a good story line and a control system that seldom gets in the way make this a must have game. The only flys in the ointment are; the lack of communication with one's partner in multiplayer, (I believe that lack to be in the 3DS, not the game. And which can be overcome by playing in Local mode.), and the fact that the maker of this game; either have forgotten that not all persons wanting to play this game have the same level of skill they do, or delibretly left out the casual gamer. I had over 70 hours, and I don't know how many restarts, invested before, successfully completing campaign mode, on the "Casual" level. The multiplayer mode makes up for the frustration. Expand
  13. Feb 12, 2012
    This games is awesome!!! There are the action parts and the old terror parts with our beloved heroine Jill Valentine. The graphics are amazing and is near impossible to believe that is a portable video-game! Anyone who like RE MUST play Revelations. And who never tried, it´s the time.
  14. Feb 7, 2012
    Resident evil revelations is the game that shows off the power of the 3ds with great graphics. The story is really good and I like the way they told it in episodes with a cliff hanger at the end of each episode. It mixes action with survival horror, the action segments are pretty good but the game shines with the survival sections with some generally frightening bits. This game is a must have for the 3ds. Expand
  15. Feb 7, 2012
    The controls are fantastic with the circle pad, without they're manageable. The visuals are truly superb as well. Feels like the first seriously made game for the Nintendo 3DS.
  16. Feb 13, 2012
    Really awesome game, definitely the best 3DS game out there. However, some of you might not find it scary as its said it is. I literally did not get scared until chapter 4 and after that, the game failed to scare me again. Also, it seems that after half of the game, the game completely switches direction, going more to action than anything so if you were hoping the game would be completely horror, sorry. Still an awesome experience. Expand
  17. Feb 26, 2012
    Resident Evil: Revelations is just plain out AMAZING. I was never really into gun games, except Halo, but this game is one of my only exceptions. This game is also filled with suspense that makes me jump sometimes lol. The storyline in this game is by far the best storyline in a game ever. I also want to clarify having the Circle Pad Pro makes the controls a bit easier, but I don't use it and have made extremely good progress. If you don't have it... GET IT! Best $40.00 I have ever spent :) Expand
  18. Mar 1, 2012
    I cannot begin to describe how epic this game is.

I was reluctant to purchase this game. The last Resident Evil I owned was Resident Evil 4. I didn't really like the direction that the series had taken; Resident Evil 2 was my favorite game in the series, and I preferred the old school presentation and control of all the Resident Evils that came before 4.

However, after the way everyone
    was raving about this game, I decided to take a chance. I was at gamestop with $45 in my pocket, and it wasn't easy to take that chance. I wanted to spend that money on other things, but I said to myself, "No, I will take a chance."

I had played the demo and it was good. But it did not compare nor did it prepare me for what was about to be unleashed upon me. I got home and was hesitant to even remove the shrink wrap. I went online and read some last second reviews. I liked what I heard, and decided to take a chance.

I. am. so. glad. I. did.

I remember taking the little pairing knife out of the drawer and removing the shrink wrap; opening up the case; popping out the 3DS game; putting it into my 3DS; OH MY!!!

This game looks like an Xbox 360 game. I am not being kind to it. Let me say it again.

It looks like an Xbox 360 game. It does. Period. And that is with the 3D off. Turn it on, and it is one of the best looking games that I have seen, and I also game on a PC with dual 6970s, just so you know.

And the gameplay? It is an absolute blast to play. It has 3 different control methods. With one, you move and turn, and hold the shoulder button to strafe. With another, you move and strafe and press a button to turn. And with the third, you can move with the left stick but control the camera and aim with the face buttons. I actually prefer the latter, and it controls even better with the circle pad pro - but guess what? You don't need it, at least not the way you did for MGS 3D. The game plays fine without it.

This game looks amazing.

This game plays amazing.

This game is hard.

This game is fun.

This game is an epic, once in lifetime masterpiece.

I am shocked that is hasn't gotten 10's across the board.

11/10.
  19. Mar 13, 2012
    Classic Resident Evil gameplay, a lot of content and well executed graphics on the system (one of the best so far). Successfully atmospheric and action-filled paced. Not a great story and some laughable characters but these defects hardly stops the game from being entertaining and a great package. Small sized 3DS screen makes the environment look a bit cluttered but everything still looks great. No framerate issues. In-game achievements and unlockables are an added bonus, good replayability. Strongly recommended to be played with the Circle Pad Pro attachment. Definitely worth the purchase if you like the Resident Evil series. Expand
  20. Apr 1, 2012
    A great game, both the story and the raid mode are awesome! U won't be regret !!!

Graphic is good, music is intense. For me, Jill and Chris are all I need, plus G36 assault rifle, this game just double my pleasure.
  21. Feb 8, 2012
    The best Resident Evil game since RE 4. It is a true survival horror game. This is a reason to buy a 3ds. Give me more games like this on the Nintendo 3ds
  22. Apr 2, 2012
    A very joyful classic RE experience delivered to your handheld. A benchmark in graphics, story, gameplay, sound for other 3DS and portable developers. Hopefully a lesson is learnt by Capcom that people still love horror games and hopefully RE6 isn't CoD like. This one is a must-have for any 3DS owner.
  23. Apr 19, 2012
    A decent addition to the Resident Evil franchise that seems to go back to it's roots (RE 1 and 2) in that it's holding true to the claustrophobic, tense and eerie atmosphere. Capcom did a wonderful job. there ARE some criticisms, however... the control scheme of the game is a little tricky on it's own and it is highly recommended that if you get this game, get the circle-pad-pro for it as well as that will certainly make the game that much easier to control. graphics are stunning, voice-acting feels genuine and doesn't feel forced. the fact that you play through from different perspectives to get different points of the story is clever and works well.

it isn't a perfect game but it comes very, very close.
  24. Feb 20, 2012
    This game has everything you could hope for. A reasonably long campaign, a New Game+ option and an additional difficulty once you beat it, a separate raid mode that allows coop play both locally and online, a reasonably good story, suspense, dark and scary (well, depends on you) corridors, lots of discoverables, a variety of weapon upgrades, good boss fights, really good controls (even without the extra circle pad), and some of the best graphics available in any 3DS game. Maybe the first must-have 3DS title that wasn't made by Nintendo itself. Expand
  25. Mar 13, 2012
    The best game available for 3DS. The graphics are as good (or maybe even better) as on a Wii. This is the second RE game I played (Mercenaries 3D was the first one) and I'm surely becoming a fan of it. The soundtrack is epic, campaign is great and so is co-op mode. I enjoyed every single minute of it!
  26. Feb 20, 2012
    I am a big RE fan since its PS1 days, having played most of its installments across different systems. After the relatively disappointing RE5, I am surprised at how much Revelations freak me out. Great atmosphere and music, and believe it or not, greatly improved controls which were inherited from Mercenaries 3D! Each missions are also designed to allow for portable play, with numerous checkpoints. If you have a 3DS, then you should buy this game. It's a must have! Expand
  27. Feb 26, 2012
    Finally Resident Evil returns to its roots again authentic survival horror with ZOMBIES! the game has a great scary atmosphere and a great location for a RE game with dark places and corridors and places that look similar to the mansion from the original RE so the level desing is really well made and the booses are very cool, the main campaing takes place in a luxury ship cruise called the queen zenobia were you control Jill valentaine in search for Chris Redfield and you must travel around the ship infested with zombies, some puzzles like in the original games and being scared sometimes the campaing has 12 episodes divided in 2 parts each so is a long game the campaing took me 10-12 hours so its a fairly long game.
    The gameplay mechanics are the sames as RE 4 and 5 in a 3rd person camera for moving and for shooting you can go into a 1rst person mode or 3rd person mode (you can choose the shooting camera in the options menu ) but 2 thing were added: unlike RE 4 and 5 now you can move when aiming by holding the L-button but when walking and aiming you can´t move your gun aming laser, that can be fixed with a circle pad pro but that accsesroy is not required to play the game but it can make the gameplay a little more confortable.
    The second addition is doge, when a enemy is about to attack by moving the circle pad up or down + B you can doge the enemy attack and counter-attack this is a very helpful tactic and will help you to save up herbs and make your way around the enemies.
    The only thing I didn´t like about the game is that sometimes you play some missions that are fillers with characters that you don´t care about and had no charm whatsoever.
    The other thing that may don´t like you is that some missions are action based like RE5 when you simply need to go from start to finish, actually these missions are not bad (exept for the fillers ones) but if you wanted a 100% horror game that´s not the case but the good news is that the campaing focuses in mayor part in the horror aspects so is a 70% of horror and 30% of action gameplay.
    there´s also a Raid mode witch is basicly Mercenaries without a time limit were you need to get to the end of the level killing evereything in your path is a fun mode that can be played on line and will add more replay value and a archivement system that serves to unlock weapons outfits and some other things. In conclusion I can say that this is the best 3DS game to date the graphics are really good and the 3d effect is pretty cool, the game is worth buying especially for RE fans that wanted another horror game in the series but with some fillers and action based missions I give it a 9/10.
  28. Mar 6, 2012
    A phenomenal game. It will make you feel scared, feel powerful, then feel powerless. It will make you cry. It will make you happy. It has everything that makes a good game good. Revelations takes the horror elements of RE4 and the action of RE5 and beautifully mixes them into what arguably may be the best RE game to date. This game alone is a reason to buy a 3ds.
  29. Feb 19, 2012
    I just finished the campaign and I must say Resident Evil Revelations is the spiritual successor to Resident Evil 4. It took the frights and action from 4 and provided a somewhat easier to work with control scheme. (Note: Circle Pad Pro made the gameplay night and day better!). The episodic nature of the game was perfect for playing on a handheld, and the story did not suffer for it.
  30. Feb 20, 2012
    Resident Evil: Revelations proves that the 3DS can have great looking games. The graphics are better than I thought the 3DS could handle, and the 3D effect makes it look even better. The details are great too. You can shoot a zombie's arm and it will go limp and swing around, and you can shoot their leg and they will fall down and start to crawl. Resident Evil: Revelations is a full game and will keep you playing for hours. Expand
  31. Feb 14, 2012

1. Mar 9, 2012
    Resident Evil: Revelations shows the potential that lies in Nintendos new handheld console. The story itself is masterfully told inepisodes, and the game has the best sound I've experienced on a 3DS sofar. The controls, however, seem a bit too stiff, but in a way thatalso enhanced the general claustrophobic atmosphere in the game.
    Best parts of survival action are horror moments and online cooperation. RE: Revelations show the potential of 3DS in full scale. [Feb 2012]
  3. Feb 29, 2012
    While survival-horror definitely isn't my best genre, Resident Evil: Revelations is easily one of the best 3DS games I've played to date. Just about any frustrations I've come across is due to my own lack of skill and experience with the franchise as a whole. If you're a Resident Evil fan with a 3DS, this is definitely one to pick up.