• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Jun 28, 2011
6.5

1. Jun 28, 2011
    It's a minigame stretched out to a 40 dollar purchase. Along with insulting restrictions on the inability to erase your game, this is hardly worth a purchase.
  2. Jul 1, 2011
    No replayability means no value. I wouldn't take this game for FREE. Sometimes you just have to stand by your principles, and this is one of those times. Every person who bought this game should never borrow, rent, trade-in, or buy used any game.
  3. Jun 28, 2011
    The graphics are interesting until they give you a headache.

Not being able to clear save data and start a new game cancels out any redeeming qualities this game may have.
  4. Jun 29, 2011
    Capcom has sunk to the lowest level possible by only offering one save file that can not be overwritten. You will not be able to start the campaign over and of course you will never be able to sell the game or trade it in for credit. Publishers are so jealous of the used game market they attempt to convince people it is bad for gaming. In reality it only benefits gaming and without it the industry would suffer. Publishers are blinded by jealously and fail to see this. Thousands of gamers rely on in-store credit and used games so they can by New games. This is how the entertainment economy is able to grow.

As a life-long gamer I will never support such behavior. This is worse then Capcom withholding content from games only to charge later for it as DLC. This is a all new low. Capcom is on my Boycott list and any game they are affiliated with that interest me I will be renting it.
  5. Jul 31, 2011
    Who ever gives this game a score above 5 is a fool, and here's why;
    Capcom doesn't care about the gamer, they care about their pocket book. The mercinaries is a mini game that has been (and this is rare for capcom) free in their most recent releases of resident evil or biohazard as it's known in japan.

My complaint plain and simple is that it's a $45, 300mb on a card that can hold up to
    and excess of 50gb of data, and get this; Resident Evil revelations, their next full release coming up in a few months for the 3DS is only to be roughly 1.3gb in size, so why not just put this mini game on their? Here's what you have been fooled into believing; (1)"its a bench mark test" -no it's not, capcom begins distribution of their games one year after they're done being made (2) "the idea of having this nice mini game in your pocket is so nice" - again, why not just put it on the already finished full game coming out for the 3DS in a few months (3) "it was made for the fans, you wouldn't understand" - i just want to punch you

So anyways, heres the answer to the they released it on a seperate card; to make more money. "well Matthew" you say, "isn't that the whole objective of a business, to make money?" well technically yes Mr. useless, mindless 'video gamer' fool, it is! Except the difference is that usually you don't want to willingly get ripped off by an openly admitted company attempting to be a monopoly.

So what's my verdict? I am definitely going to but RE Revelations coming out soon, but under no condition am I going to buy their $45 mini game that should be already be on the fully released game.
  6. Jun 12, 2013
    "DRM killed the video game star"

Capcom better learn from this and not enforce this type of thing upon gamers.
    I realize they are trying to kill the used game market, but this isn't fair to consumers.

My friend played the game for a bit without me knowing and when I went to play it I couldn't delete the game save and start over. This is BS!
  7. Jan 16, 2013
    This game is boring nothing like the other resident evil games. I mean is ok and for the price its at now. The main problem that i found was the clunky controls.
  8. Jun 1, 2013
    They is a lot of hate to capcom because as you can see they only are milking re games now and they not fun just stuidp. Same as 360 I mean wow so what? who cares? simple its the same game xD For people giveing this game a score of 10 for no reason at all makes you a tard xD Ok so we already got this game on 360 of re5 and 4 so why did they make another on 3ds? Maybe they broke on cash and need to spam same games on consoles.

The game has many levels but all on all you can't make your own levels thats a pity or have brand new ones but Capcom wanted to spam the same crap levels on this game it disspoints me.

And annoying lag here is when you make a game the game sometimes dies saying your connection is lost then you start over again meaning you lost your points that I find annoying when time is about 10 seconds left and boom connection goes.

Well for me this game is just another wasted lifetime if you get it as they is only 1 save file too damn you Capcom for doing this, I want to have slots to save on or something but only 1 slot is not good enough.

Capcom learn your lesson please as the fans hate this game, the weapon loadout is pointless if only you can edit your OWN weapon loadout too so you can pick what you have instead picking the already made up list.

Oh well you will like this game or not for me I think it's more bride with Capcom fans to loose money out just a copy guys lets leave it as that.

1. Dec 19, 2011
    Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D is a fantastic experience...while it lasts. Sadly, as with other impressive titles such as Nintendo's own Pilotwings Resort and Steel Diver, Capcom has delivered a high quality product with plenty of thrills and spills, but lacking in the vital longevity stakes for anyone other than die-hard score chasers.
  2. Oct 19, 2011
    A boring minigame stretched to full lenght boots. The idea should have been scrapped at the development table. [Sept 2011]
  3. Oct 7, 2011
    A disappointment. The game seems like a test project on the 3DS for Capcom with the end goal of checking how the engine works on the 3DS hardware.