• Publisher: Atari
  • Release Date: Oct 16, 2012
2.6

1. Mar 28, 2014
    I never played a game in the RollerCoaster Tycoon series before in my life and I did want to get a game from the series but I was afraid that the main RollerCoaster Tycoon games on the computer wouldn't work on my computer due to them being supported by earlier versions of Windows, so I decided to try this one out due to me getting a 3ds recently and it was terrible. I absolutely hated it! It looked like it made within a day with very little effort. Not too mention there is so many limitations, it's like i'm not allowed to have fun just because I couldn't put a certain park attraction in a certain place. Luckily I won't judge the series by this awful game, I do believe the first 3 RCT games were quality games, but this was complete garbage. This is probably the worst game I ever played, it was the worst $30 I ever payed and I didn't even keep the game for a week. Do not buy this game even if it's like $5. Expand
  2. Dec 1, 2013
    This is the worst game made for the 3DS. Its so hard to play, the camera angles are very hard to control, the graphics are bad, building anything is way to frustrating and hard to control, and the storyline is weak. The past 3 games are 10 years old and up, and those are still more fun. Very disappointed with this game.
  3. Nov 30, 2013
    and one may say we waited for a new rollercoaster tycoon game, and this is what we got.
    YES there was a teaser for RCT4, but that was "German" according to the video and YouTube and their Facebook page. While Germans MAY be getting RCT4 soon, THIS IS WHAT WE GOT.
    (I hope that trailer wasn't fake)
  4. Oct 30, 2012
    I remember playing this game all the time, spending countless hours building and making the perfect theme park. But this is not what i loved to play, yet while playing i found out that it could have been so much better. it has many of the pieces that could have made this game great, but in the end like many hand held ports this is a lazily produced game for a quick cash grab. Dont pick it up show Atari that we dont want this, we want a full fledged game! Expand

1. Nostalgia-seekers need not apply: this is easily outdone by the 13-year-old game from which it is derived. A shame. [Christmas 2012, p.111]
  2. Dec 18, 2012
    Grab the sick bags for this one. [Jan 2013, p.86]
  3. Dec 3, 2012
    Fans of the Rollercoaster Tycoon series may find some level of nostalgia playing Tycoon 3D, but if they were waiting for a genre defining entry, this certainly isn't what they're looking for.